Stats: 3,159,252 members, 7,839,304 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! (10254 Views)

Graphic Photos From The Scene Of Yesterday's Bomb Blast In Kuje,Abuja / Buhari To Continue Amnesty Programme For Niger Delta / Ex-militants Mount Road Blocks In Warri Over Amnesty Programme (2) (3) (4)

Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by mamagee3(f): 1:56am On Mar 16, 2010
Beaf:

Do you think typing bullsh!t in bold makes you sound intelligent? Bloody malu chaser.
Only a foo'l thinks there is any unpolluted land or water to farm in the Niger Delta. But then, you've always had the brains of a cow, so no bigie. grin
Ouch! that was harsh.

alias64:

No i dont. What makes a man smart is typing in even bolder fonts and posting emoticons like a lunatic.

You're one funny dude. grin grin
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by Abagworo(m): 2:01am On Mar 16, 2010
this might seem a joke to many but what just happened is the beginning of an era in nigeria.the nigerian government should act fast to avoid this last blow to our dying image.uwazuruike should be released and true federalism practised before the year runs out.nigeria has enjoyed relative peace after the massacre of over 2 million people just because the biafrans accepted not to engage in cheap guerilla warfare.MEND just sent a negative signal and i wont be surprised if MASSOB does something worse in the coming weeks.God help naija.
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by igboboy1(m): 3:05am On Mar 16, 2010
Abagworo:

this might seem a joke to many but what just happened is the beginning of an era in nigeria.the nigerian government should act fast to avoid this last blow to our dying image.uwazuruike should be released and true federalism practised before the year runs out.nigeria has enjoyed relative peace after the massacre of over 2 million people just because the biafrans accepted not to engage in cheap guerilla warfare.MEND just sent a negative signal and[b] i wont be surprised if MASSOB does something worse in the coming weeks[/b].God help naija.

Sorry bros but MASSOB aint gonna do jack shit, if you said bakassi boys emmm maybe, but MASSOB negro please, All dem dey do na discussion,

BUT damn MEND, i remember that area back in the day boys dey pass am go school for DSC for owie aladja.

Well dem talk am say warri no dey carry last. Before now we thought the first case of a car bomb like iraq was gonna be the jihadist up north but nope warri beat them to it lol, After the north beat warri to have the first suicide bomber (mutullab), warri no wan gree this time, Dem say highest e go be draw draw, now dem draw am,

Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by Beaf: 3:14am On Mar 16, 2010
^
Warever!
It is Ovwian Alaja, not Owie Alaja. cool
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by igboboy1(m): 3:30am On Mar 16, 2010
Beaf:

^
Warever!
It is Ovwian Alaja, not Owie Alaja. cool

^^ smarty pants tongue

so i cant spell sue me
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by Nobody: 4:34am On Mar 16, 2010
na waoo

dem ve now turn naija to viewing centres - Game Centre

bomb blast, kidnappers, many stuffss, loool, this aint funny @ all - Bad Image of us n foreigners we believe wat dey ve been saying about us is true

Trending topic, CNN, YAhoo
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by pipz(m): 7:26am On Mar 16, 2010
We want Action, our people need liberation, we want to start seeing bulldozers, trucks filled up with cement, logs of wood, iron rods etc, we need to start seeing julius berger,PW, Strabarg, Arab Contractors or whoever immediately to start constructing roads, building hospitals, new schools,and other social amenitiies. If anyone or group of persons convey for any silly or fruitless meetings again well, GOD BLESS their SOULS and let me say this ABUJA should start warming up their anti-bomb squad or they better call the US Marines and RED CROSS to come and rescue them cause we are about to start roasting them ugly asses. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, what we need is action and no more meetings, this is not a Threat but another public service announcement. Please innocent people of Nigeria be careful of going to government houses these days, as we have declared DOOM on them. This is just the begining. THANK YOU.
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by Dark1(m): 7:37am On Mar 16, 2010
Interesting comments, y'all. If the leaders don't come to their senses real quick, Nigeria might plummet in2 a situation that'll be too difficult to handle. . . even for the millitary.
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by gbolo2001: 7:38am On Mar 16, 2010
IBEMI, you are so stupid!!!!!! angry
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by rasputinn(m): 7:56am On Mar 16, 2010
[img][/img]

Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by rasputinn(m): 7:57am On Mar 16, 2010
[img][/img]

The look on the Governor's faces after the first blast

Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by rasputinn(m): 7:58am On Mar 16, 2010
[img][/img]

Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by rasputinn(m): 7:59am On Mar 16, 2010
[img][/img]

Fire on the mountain,run run run

Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by rasputinn(m): 8:00am On Mar 16, 2010
[img][/img]

Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by rasputinn(m): 8:00am On Mar 16, 2010
[img][/img]

Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by qdidy: 8:24am On Mar 16, 2010
We need a revolution in dis country, trully i dont blame MEND. they even have human feelings at least not detonating the third bomb,
If our ''so called'' ''leaders dont act, such occurence should reoccur. they dont want to hear word- the leaders,
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by Efizzi: 8:33am On Mar 16, 2010
MEND I COMMEND you guys for taking a bold step in targetting thesE our hopeless politicians, Hence any south south giovernor who decides to team up with the so called cabal and sabotage the interest of the south south people may their houses and offices go up in flames, PLEASE ITS HIGH TIME WE STOP KIDNAPPING INNOCENT CITIZENS AND FOCUS ON BRINGING DOWN THIS HOODLUMS CALLED UNTOUCHABLE POLITICIANS,
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by rasputinn(m): 8:40am On Mar 16, 2010
Meanwhile,the event has been put off,why dem no go continue am for Asaba,or is Asaba no longer the capital of Delta state,na wa for we people sef
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by rasputinn(m): 8:42am On Mar 16, 2010
Efizzi:

FOCUS ON BRINGING DOWN THIS HOODLUMS CALLED UNTOUCHABLE POLITICIANS,

Please name them for the records grin grin grin
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by kayswag100(m): 8:54am On Mar 16, 2010
embarassed embarassed embarassed
horrible development. it's a pity d innocent cyclist and the woman-passerby that were hurt. Mend targeted the politicians but it ended up being "the murder of the innocents". What a disturbing development!
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by Vincent41(m): 8:59am On Mar 16, 2010
To all nigerians.
This is nonesense.I mean its absolute madnes.My prayer is that next time they will held de meeting let non of the governors escape death.Let all of them die.Look at me going poorer day by day and they are going richer everyday.May they all never live to enjoy de money gotten from corruption.
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by Vincent41(m): 9:06am On Mar 16, 2010
@beef.
Nwa pls keep on wit your good work.Dont mind those hopeles people that is abusing you oooh.Continue to write in BOLD LETTERS.
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by uyipeace: 9:26am On Mar 16, 2010
cheesy grin LMAO

THESE AMNESTY TALK IS ANOTHER. U CARRY MY FOOD THEY SHARE FOR THE SO-CALLED BROTHERS. U NO WASH MY POT, U MESS UP MY KITCHEN AND THEY SLAP MY CHILDREN. THEN ALL U HAVE TO SAY IS LET THERE BE PEACE, WHICH PEACE ? THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS MILITANCY OR TERRORISM HERE. LEAVE THR OIL FOR THE DELTANS. IT IS THEIR NATURAL BIRTH RIGHT.

ALL THE STRUCTURES AND THINGS YOU SEE IN NAIJA COME FROM THERE, PLUS THE MONEY STOLEN AND TRANSPORTED TO SWISS AND U.S AND U.K.

THESE MEN ALL DESERVE TO DIE.
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by uyipeace: 9:29am On Mar 16, 2010
THESE AMNESTY TALK IS ANOTHER FEDERAL GOVERNMENT 419. U CARRY MY FOOD THEY SHARE FOR THE SO-CALLED BROTHERS. U NO WASH MY POT, U MESS UP MY KITCHEN AND THEY SLAP MY CHILDREN. THEN ALL U HAVE TO SAY IS LET THERE BE PEACE, WHICH PEACE ? THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS MILITANCY OR TERRORISM HERE. LEAVE THR OIL FOR THE DELTANS. IT IS THEIR NATURAL BIRTH RIGHT.

ALL THE STRUCTURES AND THINGS YOU SEE IN NAIJA COME FROM THERE, PLUS THE MONEY STOLEN AND TRANSPORTED TO SWISS AND U.S AND U.K.

AS IF THAT IS NOT ENOUGH, THEY ARE NOT TRULY SORRY. DEM GO HOLD THE AMNESTY TALK WITH MILLIONS.

THESE MEN ALL DESERVE TO DIE.
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by MaxLeo: 9:32am On Mar 16, 2010
From the Desk of Operation Cleanse the Corrupt state as follows:

If you know the residential addresses of the corrupt politicians then provide the following here on this:

Their Name; Residential Address

Leave the rest for us, and watch news channels for confirmation. Sponsors needed. Only sponsors  should discuss with us at IRC  server: Indoirc  Channel: #ccpower code name: @ppp if you wanna discuss.

We are tired of the bullsh*t talks
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by warripekin(m): 9:35am On Mar 16, 2010
MEND show our governor them correct wahala yesterday . O!boy , come see as Uduahan run enter Edja area come hide for woman bedroom , Adams Oshomhole fly fence , theodore orji run enter holy family catholic church nearby begin pray rosary. Silver belly wan burst as he wan fly enter chevron yard . these our governor them no get shame for eye at all . yesterday was fun shaa!
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by ProAnti: 9:37am On Mar 16, 2010
MaxLeo:

From the Desk of Operation Cleanse the Corrupt state as follows:

If you know the residential addresses of the corrupt politicians then provide the following here on this:

Their Name; Residential Address

Leave the rest for us, and watch news channels for confirmation. Sponsors needed. Only sponsors should discuss with us at IRC server: Indoirc Channel: #ccpower code name: @ppp if you wanna discuss.

We are tired of the bullsh*t talks

Talk is cheap.
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by chukz4real(m): 9:42am On Mar 16, 2010
My only problem with MEND is that they tend to fight the signs and symptoms rather than the diseases itself. Plant those bombs on politicians houses; the Governors, Presidents, LG Chairmen, Councillors, Senators, Honourables, past and present and see if things won't change for the better rather than spoiling our own environment in the name of fighting multinationals. Is time MEND and other groups realise that multinational oil companies are not the cause of our underdevelopment but our government! You would have detonated the third bomb!
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by Nobody: 9:47am On Mar 16, 2010
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/Politics/5541186-146/explosion_rocks_amnesty_talks__.csp

Explosion rocks amnesty talks

By Nicholas Ibekwe, Ifedayo Adebayo and Elizabeth Archibong

Acting President Goodluck Jonathan had a baptism of fire yesterday as the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) detonated two bombs at the post amnesty dialogue organised by Vanguard Media Limited, the publishers of Vanguard newspapers in Warri, Delta State, that left one person dead.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) quoted Charles Muka, the Delta State Police Command spokesperson, that one person died in the explosion. Mr. Muka said that the police headquarters in Asaba, the state capital, had received the report of the death of a woman in the explosion, which also injured a number of other persons. He could not ascertain the number of those who were injured in the blast, which twice rocked the venue of the meeting.

The explosions caused the postponement of the meeting hosted by the Delta State government.

It was gathered that the first bomb exploded at 11 a.m. as governor Emmanuel Uduaghan of Delta was walking into the hall with his colleagues from Imo and Delta, Ikedi Ohakim and Adams Oshiomhole.

The Niger Delta Minister, Ufot Ekaette, who represented Mr. Jonathan, was also behind the governors, witnesses said.

Eyewitness account

Daniel Orji, a staff of the Delta Broadcasting Corporation, who was at the scene of the explosions said in a phone interview, “There was a bomb explosion while the programme was on.

“After about 30 minutes, the second one exploded. The initial report was that three people were injured. Two cars exploded but altogether four cars were affected; two other cars that w ere beside the second car were affected.”

Mr. Orji added that immediately after the second explosion everybody scampered away for safety, unlike the first explosion when people still stayed at the venue.

Also, MEND in an e-mail message signed by its usual signatory, Jomo Gbomo, to journalists confirmed the attacks:

“The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta salutes all its operatives who at great risk, successfully planted and detonated two car bombs at the venue of the Vanguard Post Amnesty Conference in Warri,” the statement said.

“Three such bombs, of varying strength, were planted at this venue. It was unnecessary to detonate the third and most powerful bomb as our operatives noticed the participants at this jamboree fled towards the direction of the last bomb.

“Any attempt to detonate this bomb would have resulted in great loss of lives. This bomb is being preserved for future use.

“All who participated in this operation safely returned to their respective bases.”

Oma Djebah, the Delta State information commissioner, had earlier in the day confirmed the explosion.

“Yes, there was an explosion about 200 meters away from the conference venue,” Mr. Djebah said in a phone interview.

Contrary to agency reports which indicated that the device went off near the main hall of the event, Mr. Djebah claimed that the explosion went off in a car parked away from the venue.

“The explosion happened while Sam Amuka-Pemu - the Vanguard Publisher - was giving his address after the chairman, Patrick Aziza, had given his opening remarks,” said a source who was at the conference.

We’re no media creation

However, the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) said in an e-mailed statement to journalists that it had planted three explosive devices in and around Delta State Government House in Warri to debunk the state governor’s claim that “MEND is a media creation.” “After receiving the baton of ignorance from his Bayelsa State counterpart, the governor of Delta State declared in the Vanguard newspaper of February 22, 2010 that “the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) is a media creation,” the statement said and promised that it would detonate the first bomb remotely at 11:30 hours Nigerian time, which it did.

The use of car bombs marks a significant change in the tactics adopted by MEND, which had maintained a tenuous peace since the federal government amnesty programme commenced last June. The deal, brokered with the aid of the then Vice President Goddluck Jonathan, has been touted as the greatest achievement of the Yar’Adua administration till date.

MEND also disputed insinuations that the attack was targeted against specific individuals saying, “It was not targeted to harm anyone and that is why the cars were not filled with bolts, nuts and nails which in the event of a blast become deadly projectiles. Our aim was to stop the jamboree and pass a message to Uduaghan.”

Amnesty on course

Meanwhile at Abuja, the Federal Government reinstated its commitment to pursue the post amnesty programme, the explosions notwithstanding.

“We’re on top of the situation in Niger Delta,” Mr. Jonathan said at the State House while receiving Kenneth Yellowe, the chairman and chief executive of Global Gas and Refining Limited.

“The problems in the region, being human and development-related, are such that require time to be addressed. I encourage the Niger Delta people and major companies in the region to keep faith with government, as we are determined to reinvigorate post-amnesty plans and programmes for the region.”

This is what i was getting at. it is small children like beaf who think the world is a video game where there is no collateral damage - or hypocrites like davidylan who celebrate violence as long as it is not by islamists

who knows who the woman or victims were? are they politicians? that woman could have been the mother, sister , wife or daughter of anyone here  undecided

i'm sure beaf will come back to say one life is inconsequential - as long as it is not a life he holds dear  undecided

so much for the ' honourable men of MEND' and their 'utmost regard for human life'. or we should chalk this off as a mistake of warfare. - military incompetence
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by Beaf: 9:49am On Mar 16, 2010
warripekin:

MEND show our governor them correct wahala yesterday . O!boy , come see as Uduahan run enter Edja area come hide for woman bedroom , Adams Oshomhole fly fence , theodore orji run enter holy family catholic church nearby begin pray rosary. Silver belly wan burst as he wan fly enter chevron yard . these our governor them no get shame for eye at all . yesterday was fun shaa!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by lasunray(m): 9:54am On Mar 16, 2010
djbiskit.am into dt.whre do u stay?we have 2types.d engravd and d printd type, mail me 4 more info playoo2003@yahoo.com
Re: Bomb Blast In Warri During Amnesty Talks! by WilyWily5: 9:54am On Mar 16, 2010
chukz4real:

Is time MEND and other groups realise that multinational oil companies are not the cause of our underdevelopment but our government!
Ok, true talk.

FG To Finally Liquidate PHCN With Imminent Declaration Of TEM / Lai Mohammed Diverting Ministry’s Funds Towards Buhari’s Re-election – PDP / IG Deploys Very Senior Officers To States Ahead Of Saturday's Elections.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101