Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America - Travel (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lies Of Nigerians Living In America (180297 Views)

Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (71) (Go Down)

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nigeriadondie: 1:32am On Nov 21, 2017
Pidgin2:
Timesup234, you are right, see what an American said on another thread grin

lol truuu....fantastic cruises in that Baltic sea frfr. I was just in Helsinki and Alaharma (near Vassa) coolin' for like 10 days this summer and also took in a day Baltic Sea cruise on the Tallink Ferry to Tallin, Estonia. Tallin, the capital has only 225,000 people. Very small sleepy city. Finland is soo peaceful. I gotta confess that even though an American, I seriously fantasized about moving to Finland (giving up my 6BR/4BA crib in NC and 1 acre bungalow in ATL). There seems to be no crime in Finland (at least in Alaharma and Vassa). And peep this.... healthcare is free!!! OMG we Americans pay a fortune for this in the US!!! And no random shootings and killings like here in the US I love the Nordic countries man (was also in Bergen and Oslo, Norway as well as Stockholm, Sweden). I met some Finnish and Norwegian broads while there this summer. Them honeys are gawgeous lol
(Quote) (Report) 5 Likes (Like) (Share)

You can see what I am saying. Life in Nordic or Scandinavian countries are heaven on earth.

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 2:51am On Nov 21, 2017
sharpwriter:

I tot people said nursing is one of the most lucrative jobs in the States.
Nursing is not even among the top ten lucrative jobs in the US. Most Nigerians are into it because it requires less stress in terms of certification. With a two years associate degree in any community college you are good to go. But most still need to hold two jobs to be able to pay the bills.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 3:14am On Nov 21, 2017
You made some valid points OP, but I know many BM's would prefer to relocate to the US at a point in their life. Living in the states is not easy , but the joy of having steady and working system befits it all . The ideal thing is to get married and maximize your potentials. For the menial jobs, at least jobs are available for you to choose unlike in nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by generationz(f): 7:32am On Nov 21, 2017
cruchenutii:

Yes, I am.

There is a very high demand for Females in this Industry, Survey says there are 92% of Male programmers in the World. Very few females.
So companies are trying to balance it. The demand is way too higher than supply.

Opportunities are endless for Females. So If you are not lazy & can put in work 4 hours every day for 6 months. You are fine.

You can also become a female programmer & still maintain your fresh feminine look, and stylish dress sense with nice hair. Nothing wrong with that, you don't have to be manly.

Please take a look at Lyndsey Scott who is a Model & a programmer (IOS) , https://stackoverflow.com/users/2274694/lyndsey-scott

Stay blessed.
Nice.
But you said companies?
What if I don't want to work for any company and just want to be a freelancer
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 8:09am On Nov 21, 2017
generationz:

Nice.
But you said companies?
What if I don't want to work for any company and just want to be a freelancer

It is hard to be a freelancer, as nobody knows you yet ! You need to build your portfolio.

I would advise you do an Internship with a company to strengthen & solidify your skills.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by generationz(f): 8:19am On Nov 21, 2017
cruchenutii:

It is hard to be a freelancer, as nobody knows you yet ! You need to build your portfolio.

I would advise you do an Internship with a company to strengthen & solidify your skills.

Thanks
But I'll probably just create apps because I intend to be involved in other things apart from programming, I want to multitask
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 4:52pm On Nov 21, 2017
dozydre:
You made some valid points OP, but I know many BM's would prefer to relocate to the US at a point in their life. Living in the states is not easy , but the joy of having steady and working system befits it all . The ideal thing is to get married and maximize your potentials. For the menial jobs, at least jobs are available for you to choose unlike in nigeria.
What most people dont know here is that by 2050 Nigeria economy will be bigger than that of Canada in classic dollar nominal terms while in purchasing power Nigeria will surpass Canada in less than 20yrs. People are reading in the wrong direction they still dont understand the potentials that abound in Nigeria
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by sodres: 5:32pm On Nov 21, 2017
Chai! Whoever gave birth to this idiot should be sued. If only your drunk father used the free Gov condom the night he raped your mum we won't have you to deal with. Imaging comparing USA with Nigeria I swear God punish you, Infact Ogun kill you thr seriously Ifa had the chance i'll have you mummified and put you in the national museum for the most foolish creature of all time. undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 5:55pm On Nov 21, 2017
sodres:
Chai! Whoever gave birth to this idiot should be sued. If only your drunk father used the free Gov condom the night he raped your mum we won't have you to deal with. Imaging comparing USA with Nigeria I swear God punish you, Infact Ogun kill you thr seriously Ifa had the chance i'll have you mummified and put you in the national museum for the most foolish creature of all time. undecided undecided undecided
may sango strike you this very minute with madness and cancer. Yes Nigeria is a trillion times better than America you brainwashed donkey. Son of a ape
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 6:31pm On Nov 21, 2017
Useful tip for those on the verge of making a lifetime mistake. It is all mirage. Wake up before you never wake up again.

Seventy-eight percent of full-time workers said they live paycheck to paycheck, up from 75 percent last year, according to a recent report from CareerBuilder.

Overall, 71 percent of all U.S. workers said they're now in debt, up from 68 percent a year ago

About 56 percent also save $100 or less each month

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/24/most-americans-live-paycheck-to-paycheck.html
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 21, 2017
timesup234:
What most people dont know here is that by 2050 Nigeria economy will be bigger than that of Canada in classic dollar nominal terms while in purchasing power Nigeria will surpass Canada in less than 20yrs. People are reading in the wrong direction they still dont understand the potentials that abound in Nigeria
we've been hearing about this potential thingy and the unattainable vision 2020 goals and so fort. My brother even a 50k jobs in nigeria are widely outsourced. Where you see am? America has helped so many families back home stand on their feet . We all know all these things, so quit the comparison.

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 7:36pm On Nov 21, 2017
What is the use of a job when you can start your own business and keep on expanding with new ideas? Even tailors, bricklayers and taxi drivers can easily make over 100k every month. People should learn a skill instead of waiting for non existent job.
dozydre:
we've been hearing about this potential thingy and the unattainable vision 2020 goals and so fort. My brother even a 50k jobs in nigeria are widely outsourced. Where you see am? America has helped so many families back home stand on their feet . We all know all these things, so quit the comparison.

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 21, 2017
timesup234:
What is the use of a job when you can start your own business and keep on expanding with new ideas?
and what % of Nigerians have access to fund and the knowledge to develop businesses?
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by TheArchangel(f): 7:45pm On Nov 21, 2017
timesup234:
Nursing is not even among the top ten lucrative jobs in the US. Most Nigerians are into it because it requires less stress in terms of certification. With a two years associate degree in any community college you are good to go. But most still need to hold two jobs to be able to pay the bills.
You have been lying to yourself all over this thread but don't drag nursing down with you. Do you know who a nurse is and the academic qualifications that makes a nurse? Do you know the difference between a certified nurse assistant and license practical nurses, or associate degree holders and BSN trained nurses or even the Nurse practitioners.? Do you know who is even qualified to be called nurses? This is not like the decayed system we have in this country where "auxiliaries" are allowed to function in our health institutions. That you know certified nurse assistant and LPN who undertakes 3-6 months courses and 18 months courses respectively doesn't mean they are Registered Nurses. Get you facts right before commenting.
You have been running amok all over this thread spewing ignorant venoms on a profession you know nothing about. I barf on your behalf.

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 7:47pm On Nov 21, 2017
Aside from business they can learn a skill or handwork. Even Michael Bloomberg who is regarded as one of the richest American said college doesn't guarantee success in present day America that people should instead learn to become a plumber instead of going to Harvard university. Below is the link from CNN.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/11/11/investing/michael-bloomberg-advice-become-a-plumber/index.html

dozydre:
and what % of Nigerians have access to fund and the knowledge to develop businesses?
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 7:53pm On Nov 21, 2017
It doesn't matter the certification a nurse in America will never be considered as a rich person. At best they will remain in the middle class. The salary difference between an associate degree and one with a BSN is not that much, most times just over 4,000 usd difference. That the demand for their job in the western world is much higher doesn't make them rich.
TheArchangel:
You have been lying to yourself all over this thread but don't drag nursing down with you. Do you know who are nurse is and the academic qualifications that makes a nurse? Do you know the different between a certified nurse assistant and license practical nurses, or associate degree holders and BSN trained nurses or the Nurse practitioners.? Do you know who is even qualified to call nurses? This is not like the decayed system w2 have in tuis country where "auxiliaries" are allowed to function in our health institutions. That you know certified nurse assistant and LPN who undertakes 3-6 months courses and 18 months courses respectively doesn't mean they are Registered Nurses. Get you facts right befor commenting.
You have been running amok all over this thread spewing ignorant venoms on a profession you know nothing about. I barf on your behalf.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by wonlasewonimi: 8:00pm On Nov 21, 2017
timesup234:

Lol Nigeria that can't feed/provide for ordinary segun wire? The igbo you are smoking has been laced with mad woman's pubes..
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by TheArchangel(f): 8:01pm On Nov 21, 2017
timesup234:
It doesn't matter the certification a nurse in America will never be considered as a rich person. At best they will remain in the middle class. The salary difference between an associate degree and one with a BSN is not that much, most times just over 4,000 usd difference. That the demand for their job in the western world is much higher doesn't make them rich.
I don't want to argue facts with you cos you dont know what facts is. Registered Nurses making six figures in California, Texas, Massachusetts, New York, Hawaii etc or the Nurse Practitioners whose base salaries is six figures are not considered rich in your context? Stop tagging along with CNAs and LPNs and get along with the people called Nurses. CNAS and LPNs are not nurses but assistants....RNs And NPs are. Those are the ones you should be checking their lifestyles.

In short .,, Google is your friend.

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 8:05pm On Nov 21, 2017
That's your own Nigeria where you refuse to work and waiting for government to provide for you. In my own Nigeria my business is doing great and we make sales of over 300,000 daily, that is also a Nigeria lived by millions of serious minded people. Not for the lazy
wonlasewonimi:

Lol Nigeria that can't feed/provide for ordinary segun wire? The igbo you are smoking has been laced with mad woman's pubes..
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 8:08pm On Nov 21, 2017
timesup234:
Aside from business they can learn a skill or handwork. Even Michael Bloomberg who is regarded as one of the richest American said college doesn't guarantee success in present day America that people should instead learn to become a plumber instead of going to Harvard university. Below is the link from CNN.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/11/11/investing/michael-bloomberg-advice-become-a-plumber/index.html

you see life is not easy anywhere, glad you know everyone can't do business hence you're deviating.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by wonlasewonimi: 8:09pm On Nov 21, 2017
timesup234:
That's your own Nigeria where you refuse to work and waiting for government to provide for you. In my own Nigeria my business is doing great and we make sales of over 300,000 daily, that is also a Nigeria lived by millions of serious minded people. Not for the lazy

Good for you mate...but life doesnt work that way, cos you are making sales of over 300k a day doesnt mean the other folks making 0 sales are lazy.

3 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 8:10pm On Nov 21, 2017
Girl! Most Nigerians in America are not Nurse Practitioners, they are mostly LVN, LPN and RN. Here is the much they can make over a period of 25 yrs on the job.

payscale.com/research/US/Job=Registered_Nurse_(RN)/Hourly_Rate

TheArchangel:
I don't want to argue facts with you cos you dont know what facts is. Registered Nurses making six figures in California, Texas, Massachusetts, New York, Hawaii etc or the Nurse Practitioners whose base salaries is six figures are not considered rich in your context? Stop tagging along with CNAs and LPNs and get along with the people called Nurses. CNAS and LPNs are not nurses but assistants....RNs And NPs are. Those are the ones you should be checking their lifestyles.

In short .,, Google is your friend.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by TheArchangel(f): 8:17pm On Nov 21, 2017
timesup234:
Girl! Most Nigerians in America are not Nurse Practitioners, they are mostly LVN, LPN and RN. Here is the much they can make over a period of 25 yrs on the job.

payscale.com/research/US/Job=Registered_Nurse_(RN)/Hourly_Rate

Get your facts right for once. " most " is an erroneous word to use in this context cos you dont hav3 evidences to back it up.
Your initial submissions was on how much nurses earn in the U.S.. Now this..."most Nigerians". Stop shifting goal posts

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 8:29pm On Nov 21, 2017
TheArchangel:
Get your facts right for once. " most " is an erroneous word to use in this context cos you dont hav3 evidences to back it up.
Your initial submissions was on how much nurses earn in the U.S.. Now this..."most Nigerians". Stop shifting goal posts
little miss sunshine, i am not shifting goal posts. I know a lot about nursing than you think. What is the cost of obtaining a BSN and masters needed to get you to the level of a nurse practitioner? These are degrees first class america take loans that runs into tens of thousands of dollars which will hang on their necks for another 20 yrs or so. The typical Nigerian use the easy way out by paying out of their pockets to get an associate degree course of 2yrs or less. The debt burden for BSN which is mostly a four years course should total over $40,000. Even rich americans earning over 100kusd dont have that saved up for retirement
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Beautyaddy: 8:29pm On Nov 21, 2017
TheArchangel:

Still very surprise that people are still going back and forth with the OP after reading his numerous post on this thread that he started. It's obvious he's been all over the place with his arguments and not only getting himself confused but readers too.

And yes, the last link he posted about RN salaries in the US...if he read the link very well he would know that those are the starting salaries and not the ones they earn over 25 years as he claims.

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 8:32pm On Nov 21, 2017
Beautyaddy:

Still very surprise that people are still going back and forth with the OP after reading his numerous post on this thread that he started. It's obvious he's been all over the place with his arguments and not only getting himself confused but readers too.

And yes, the last link he posted about RN salaries in the US...if he read the link very well he would know that those are the starting salaries and not the ones they earn over 25 years as he claims.
Go back to the link and scroll down then click on the scale with the yellow color and see for yourself what they earn between 5yrs to 25yrs. I guess you can only do that on your laptop and not mobile. When you are done come back and thank me
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by sodres: 8:41pm On Nov 21, 2017
Y'all notice those guyz that lives abroad hardly reply. While dis joblez gay ape reply every comments on time. Man got nothing doing. All he knows are according to this and that. Fool don't even know what an airport looks like. I wonder why you can't just keep your foolish idea to yourself. In Jesus name, Isha Allah. None of your descendant will leave Nigeria if they do they will perish along the way.( say amen to that if you have the balls. An advise for you, go check on olx/Jumia/Konga/eBay maybe they got lifeup for sale cause you really need one. #retard

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by TheArchangel(f): 8:45pm On Nov 21, 2017
timesup234:
little miss sunshine, i am not shifting goal posts. I know a lot about nursing than you think. What is the cost of obtaining a BSN and masters needed to get you to the level of a nurse practitioner? These are degrees first class america take loans that runs into tens of thousands of dollars which will hang on their necks for another 20 yrs or so. The typical Nigerian use the easy way out by paying out of their pockets to get an associate degree course of 2yrs or less. The debt burden for BSN which is mostly a four years course should total over $40,000. Even rich americans earning over 100kusd dont have that saved up for retirement
The bases of your arguments is that generally nurses dont make enough to be considered rich. Now it is Nigerians not having enough money to get BSN and NPs degrees. Is this now your premise?
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Beautyaddy: 8:56pm On Nov 21, 2017
TheArchangel:
The bases of your arguments is that generally nurses dont make enough to be considered rich. Now it is Nigerians not having enough money to get BSN and NPs degrees. Is this now your premise?

I still maintain that he didn't understand what the link he posted about RN salaries in the US means. The key word I guess he didn't understand is "Average" salary. The US has fifty states with different pay scales for their RN's.

Like I still maintain that the OP might not even know what the words "average salaries" means...lol!

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by naijaman3: 9:02pm On Nov 21, 2017
timesup234:

Why do you guys just like talking about your sales without mentioning what your business operating expenses look like? Two different businesses may be making the same sales while one is profitable and the other is not. One of the the reasons for this is that they each have different operating expenses which must be deducted from their sales to determine their profit. So tell us, what is your total operating expenses and also your profit for your 300K naira sales.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by TheArchangel(f): 9:05pm On Nov 21, 2017
Beautyaddy:

I still maintain that he didn't understand what the link he posted about RN salaries in the US means. The key word I guess he didn't understand is "Average" salary. The US has fifty states with different pay scales for their RN's.

Like I still maintain that the OP might not even know what the words "average salaries" means...lol!
hahahaha...don't mind the " patriotic Nigerian".
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 9:18pm On Nov 21, 2017
sodres:
Y'all notice those guyz that lives abroad hardly reply. While dis joblez gay ape reply every comments on time. Man got nothing doing. All he knows are according to this and that. Fool don't even know what an airport looks like. I wonder why you can't just keep your foolish idea to yourself. In Jesus name, Isha Allah. None of your descendant will leave Nigeria if they do they will perish along the way.( say amen to that if you have the balls. An advise for you, go check on olx/Jumia/Konga/eBay maybe they got lifeup for sale cause you really need one. #retard
life don tire this one. The thing just dey scratch am for body. Your body pain u well well sha. Didnt know i had such power to make a depressed person commit suicide. Not to worry hundred of people commit suicide in the US. daily, it is the price you pay for the mistake you made for leaving heaven (Nigeria) for hell(America)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (71)

Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja / Any Nairalander In Abidjan? / 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.