Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,926 members, 7,838,303 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? - Religion (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? (45407 Views)

Exposing Why Oyinbos Probably Cannot Find God, Nor Be Saved. / Intuition Or Holy Spirit?A Little Child Said To Me:"God Told Me No To Be Afraid" / I Need To Find God And Get Answers To My Prayers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 3:23pm On Nov 11, 2017
Babacele:
it is clear you ain't interested in truth for you tried to make mess of my submissions hence I had to include links in my last post which you deliberately ignored, to upbraid your pride when you self acclaimed scientist threw shades at my knowledge of science when everything I have said I have been right.
I had drawn your attention to the fact it is the life force in breathing and not the brain or any muscle that sustains life, and that if this breath is denied a baby as it is being given to despite the presence of muscle and brain, it remains dead or a still birth and there have been several cases of babies born still and assumed dead until a nurse shocks it with a slap or other methods which allows it to taken in the breath of life that pervades the universe. It is you who needs to read carefully.
For example, because you don't understand the principle involved in the Bermuda phenomenon, you threw shade at the Omnipotent rather than asking questions. But there have been a lot of Bermudas even in our folklores of persons disappearing , coming back from strange lands after several years and claiming their disappearance and reappearance happens within few days.

The bolded part of what you just stated is about the parallel planes of existence I tried explaining earlier. Science can dismiss it as fiction for now...with time, the very same Science will prove it. I don't want to talk much...TIME is always the best judge.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 3:30pm On Nov 11, 2017
Babacele:
it is clear you ain't interested in truth for you tried to make mess of my submissions hence I had to include links in my last post which you deliberately ignored, to upbraid your pride when you self acclaimed scientist threw shades at my knowledge of science when everything I have said I have been right.
I had drawn your attention to the fact it is the life force in breathing and not the brain or any muscle that sustains life, and that if this breath is denied a baby as it is being given to despite the presence of muscle and brain, it remains dead or a still birth and there have been several cases of babies born still and assumed dead until a nurse shocks it with a slap or other methods which allows it to taken in the breath of life that pervades the universe. It is you who needs to read carefully.
For example, because you don't understand the principle involved in the Bermuda phenomenon, you threw shade at the Omnipotent rather than asking questions. But there have been a lot of Bermudas even in our folklores of persons disappearing , coming back from strange lands after several years and claiming their disappearance and reappearance happens within few days.

No scientist in the world will agree with you that there is anything called LIFE FORCE. I don't know why you want to go down this path. Even the link you brought up confirmed my point. There are GRAVITATIONAL FORCES, FRICTIONAL FORCES, HYDRO FORCES, etc etc etc, but which one is LIFE FORCES? Go and search all the databases you can lay your hands on in the world, you will never find it. I am trying to enlighten you that what you understand by life forces is called energy and you are arguing. I'm sorry sir, but there's no reason for me to continue. Would I argue science with someone who doesn't know it? What will that make me?

I don't need to read carefully whatever you are trying to explain from a point of view of someone who does not know science. I am going to repeat it again for educational purposes. A stillbirth is a child born DEAD, not a child that has not drawn its first breath. There are usually delays, and that is why 10 seconds is the standard time given in medicine to decide if there is a delay or not. I also told you that a child who has a delay in breathing is caused by dead energy and nurses or doctors have to go extra miles to make the baby breathe. PLEASE STOP SAYING WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW.

I'm sorry I cannot let you keep abusing science, let's use something else to argue.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Babacele: 3:40pm On Nov 11, 2017
OkaiCorne:

The bolded part of what you just stated is about the parallel planes of existence I tried explaining earlier. Science can dismiss it as fiction for now...with time, the very same Science will prove it. I don't want to talk much...TIME is always the best judge.
bro materialist scientists can never understand if they do not be like a child. When two waves of the same frequency and wavelength meet oppositely there annihilation or nothingness occurs . Space and time are the reality on this plane.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 3:48pm On Nov 11, 2017
Babacele:
bro materialist scientists can never understand if they do not be like a child. When two waves of the same frequency and wavelength meet oppositely there annihilation or nothingness occurs . Space and time are the reality on this plane.

If you start accepting you don't know what you don't know, we may have a nice time discussing.

Check what you call LIFE FORCE BELOW. IT IS ENERGY

Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Babacele: 3:53pm On Nov 11, 2017
Akin1212:

No scientist in the world will agree with you that there is anything called LIFE FORCE. I don't know why you want to go down this path. Even the link you brought up confirmed my point. There are GRAVITATIONAL FORCES, FRICTIONAL FORCES, HYDRO FORCES, etc etc etc, but which one is LIFE FORCES? Go and search all the databases you can lay your hands on in the world, you will never find it. I am trying to enlighten you that what you understand by life forces is called energy and you are arguing. I'm sorry sir, but there's no reason for me to continue. Would I argue science with someone who doesn't know it? What will that make me?

I don't need to read carefully whatever you are trying to explain from a point of view of someone who does not know science. I am going to repeat it again for educational purposes. A stillbirth is a child born DEAD, not a child that has not drawn its first breath. There are usually delays, and that is why 10 seconds is the standard time given in medicine to decide if there is a delay or not. I also told you that a child who has a delay in breathing is caused by dead energy and nurses or doctors have to go extra miles to make the baby breathe. PLEASE STOP SAYING WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW.

I'm sorry I cannot let you keep abusing science, let's use something else to argue.
that you do not know means it doesn't exist? How many forces do you know?

So you don't know it is mere statistics when they say 10secs , and does that means after 10 seconds, the baby is a stillbirth we should pronounce the baby dead? but if we can make efforts to bring in the life force into her nko? please go learn more and widen your horizon.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 4:00pm On Nov 11, 2017
Babacele:
that you do not know means it doesn't exist? How many forces do you know?

So you don't know it is mere statistics when they say 10secs , and does that means after 10 seconds, the baby is a stillbirth we should pronounce the baby dead? but if we can make efforts to bring in the life force into her nko? please go learn more and widen your horizon.

I know all the forces that exist. And mind you, the 10 secs is not statistics. We don't base life matters on statistics in medicine. Ater 10 seconds if the baby does not draw its first breath then something must be done. It is a fixed time.

After 10 secs if the baby does not breathe still, then they try all the methods that can make the baby breathe, they don't pronounce it dead yet. If after doing all the methods in medicine for the baby to breathe, sometimes they even pierce their lungs, if the baby does not respond, then they pronounce it dead. You are the one who is not learning at all. Perhaps you're not even comprehending what I am posting here.

A stillbirth is a baby who is dead, after birth if a baby does not breathe, it is not dead until all methods to make it breathe has been exhausted. Please learn sir.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 4:06pm On Nov 11, 2017
OkaiCorne:

So how did you get to know it now if not through science? Science is the only ideology humans use to study the universe and our physical environment. There's no other ideology
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 4:07pm On Nov 11, 2017
Babacele:

Lol, you guys are funny. With zero knowledge of science, you're trying to correct science. grin grin grin

Science is not an opinion, it's not religion. Please let it rest abeg.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Babacele: 5:38pm On Nov 11, 2017
Akin1212:

If you start accepting you don't know what you don't know, we may have a nice time discussing.

Check what you call LIFE FORCE BELOW. IT IS ENERGY
but you just said in a few posts above that there is nothing like Life force. didn't you? it is obvious who needs to learn here.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 7:32pm On Nov 11, 2017
Babacele:
but you just said in a few posts above that there is nothing like Life force. didn't you? it is obvious who needs to learn here.

I see that you have not been reading what I have been posting.

I can quote several of my posts where I said what YOU understand as LIFE FORCE is ENERGY.

There is nothing like LIFE FORCE in science. It is energy, and that is what I have been calling it.
See the quotes below, I will embolden where I made the statements referring to Energy.

Akin1212:

THIS WAS EARLIER TODAY.

Akin1212:

The basic explanation of what you don't know is science. The basic conclusion from your inference is lack of science. I have backed all my claims up with science from the beginning.

[b]You have just been posting life force, life force. What is life force? There is nothing like life force when it comes to science, basic and advanced. A born baby which was using its mother's placenta for the exchange of gases in its body will have to draw its first breathe which happens almost all the time. But in the case it doesn't happen due to dead energy, you have to transmit energy to it...[/b]

This was yesterday, I debunked your Life force claims and explained to you that it is Energy you were talking about.

Akin1212:

But you cannot give examples of the things you don't understand. I will like to discuss scientifically with someone who understands the basic laws of science. You cannot just come here and be saying a force is responsible for something, all forces have attributed names in science. Besides, a force is not responsible for anything metabolic. It will be a shame to me if I don't correct that wack knowledge. I am a trained scientist for crying out loud. Will I not correct you when you understand science upside down?

Here I told you that there's no force in science called LIFE FORCE after explaining the capabilities of Energy to you.

I can continue quoting but this is enough evidence for now. There is nothing like life force in science, you are just unknowingly calling Energy. Life Force.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 7:49pm On Nov 11, 2017
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_force

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_(esotericism)

There is nothing like life force in SCIENCE. Its based on religion which thrives on ignorance. The first picture proves it.

The second picture, however, should shut you up by the time you read the part I underlined. babacele

I hope the whole of NAIRALAND is reading. I guess we know who is an ignorant between me and babacele now.

OkaiCorne, what do you think? grin

Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 8:31pm On Nov 11, 2017
Akin1212:

There is nothing like life force in SCIENCE. Its based on religion which thrives on ignorance. The first picture proves it.

The second picture, however, should shut you up by the time you read the part I underlined. babacele

I hope the whole of NAIRALAND is reading. I guess we know who is an ignorant between me and babacele now.

Mbok...I no fit shout grin.Make una carry on with una discussions. I no sabi advanced science wey I go judge una o grin cheesy

Religion is more of intuition than logic sha...
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 8:33pm On Nov 11, 2017
Akin1212:

So how did you get to know it now if not through science? Science is the only ideology humans use to study the universe and our physical environment. There's no other ideology

I concur...it remains a fiction until Science proves otherwise. Let's see how things would unfold with time.

Remember you said Logic will eventually prove whether intuition is fallible or not.

Cheers. cool
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 8:34pm On Nov 11, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Mbok...I no fit shout grin.Make una carry on with una discussions. I no sabi advanced science wey I go judge una o grin cheesy

Oga, why the insincerity na. Do you need advanced science to judge this one? See evidence yakata for your front.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 8:36pm On Nov 11, 2017
OkaiCorne:

I concur...it remains a fiction until Science proves otherwise. Let's see how things would unfold with time.

Remember you said Logic will eventually prove whether intuition is fallible or not.

Cheers. cool

Yes, sure. We are at it, bro. We might not be here anymore to see it though.

I still want you to tell me your ideology. I know you got one. Amok, Ekankar, Bhadda, which one?
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 8:37pm On Nov 11, 2017
Akin1212:

Oga, why the insincerity na. Do you need advanced science to judge this one? See evidence yakata for your front.
Let me study carefully so I don't give a wrong conclusion.
I will summarize your side of the story and Babecele version.
Also confirm if I did not interpret things out of context.

Graycoder fit help out too... abi Akin1212 wetin you think?

Back to this matter...if Science states clearly there is nothing like life force...then it does not exist judging from the viewpoint of Science alone.

Inasmuch as Science is a rapidly growing body of verifiable knowledge, it still does not have all the answers to life's mysteries as at today. Perhaps life force is one of those mysteries beyond the clutches of Science for now
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 8:39pm On Nov 11, 2017
Akin1212:

I still want you to tell me your ideology. I know you got one. Amok, Ekankar, Bhadda, which one?

Raw Truth is just my ideology. If you try to study every ideology (science inclusive) under heaven...each of them are on the quest for Truth.

If you try to classify me into any of these...it might be very difficult. I started with Christianity, but I have gone beyond that to seek the Truth in its raw form.

My ideology is simply TRUTH.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 8:41pm On Nov 11, 2017
Akin1212:

@ bolded, that's the sad part.

But guess what...thanks to Science, man might just be able to live for a thousand years...slowly but surely humanity is getting there.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 8:54pm On Nov 11, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Let me study carefully so I don't give a wrong conclusion.
I will summarize your side of the story and Babecele version.
Also confirm if I did not interpret things out of context.

Graycoder fit help out too... abi Akin1212 wetin you think?

Back to this matter...if Science states clearly there is nothing like life force...then it does not exist judging from the viewpoint of Science alone.

Inasmuch as Science is a rapidly growing body of verifiable knowledge, it still does not have all the answers to life's mysteries as at today.

I am not here to win anybody. I think babacele too has seen that he has been wrong all along.

However, what science is saying is that there is no term as "life force." We understand that people perceive ENERGY as LIFE FORCE. That is exactly what I have been trying to explain to him since, but he keeps arguing it as if he knows this science.

If I agree that science is growing despite being old enough, is religion or your own "truth" ideology growing also? If it is growing, then on what premises? You don't have a way of practising and verifying this truth, how is it growing then?

As it stands, science is still the only thing benefitting humanity.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 8:55pm On Nov 11, 2017
OkaiCorne:

@ bolded, that's the sad part.

But guess what...thanks to Science, man might just be able to live for a thousand years...slowly but surely humanity is getting there.

Not in our lifetime it seems. But hopefully, because nothing is impossible.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 8:59pm On Nov 11, 2017
Akin1212:

I am not here to win anybody. I think babacele too has seen that he has been wrong all along.

However, what science is saying is that there is no term as "life force." We understand that people perceive ENERGY as LIFE FORCE. That is exactly what I have been trying to explain to him since, but he keeps arguing it as if he knows this science.

If I agree that science is growing despite being old enough, is religion or your own "truth" ideology growing also? If it is growing, then on what premises? You don't have a way of practising and verifying this truth, how is it growing then?

As it stands, science is still the only thing benefitting humanity.

My own basis for verification is observation of tried and tested patterns over time.

Science is a very useful tool in the quest for Truth. But its not the Alpha and Omega on every matter under the Sun, as it does not have answers to all questions on life. Truth is absolute and needs no further growing...every ideology needs to catch up to Truth.

Yet in the absence of answers and details...we must make the right choice
...Logic vs Intuition again? no thanks...I'll let this one slide.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 9:04pm On Nov 11, 2017
OkaiCorne:

My own basis for verification is observation of tried and tested patterns over time.

Science is a very useful tool in the quest for Truth. But its not the Alpha and Omega on every matter under the Sun, as it does not have answers to all questions on life.

Yet in the absence of answers and details...we must make the right choice
...Logic vs Intuition again? no thanks...I'll let this one slide.

Well, observation and tests are vital approaches in science. You can hardly do anything without them. You are taking scientific approaches without the knowledge of science. If you are observing, then you must be doing so with your senses. 5 senses vs 6th sense again? Lol, I better let it slide like a hockey bat too grin

On the Alpha and Omega on matters under the sun that can be observed and tested, brother, science is the answer, no competition.
You can only make such conclusions if you are a scientist.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 9:11pm On Nov 11, 2017
Akin1212:

Well, observation and tests are vital approaches in science. You can hardly do anything without them. You are taking scientific approaches without the knowledge of science. If you are observing, then you must be doing so with your senses. 5 senses vs 6th sense again? Lol, I better let it slide like a hockey bat too grin

On the Alpha and Omega on matters under the sun that can be observed and tested, brother, science is the answer, no competition.
You can only make such conclusions if you are a scientist.

Ideally my 5 senses shouldn't conflict with the "6th sense" if not na confusion...every sense has to complement each other before arriving at a sound conclusion.

Unfortunately..."Ideally" in this subject matter of an Eternal Creator is a tough one...even if we argue for the next few months;

Theists have their convincing points...same for Atheists too.

As for me...if you want to improve humanity, whether you are a theist or atheist, we set all those differences aside and work together to achieve a common goal.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Babacele: 9:15pm On Nov 11, 2017
Akin1212:

while you rush to celebrate your victory at nothingness it is pertinent to point out your arrogantly stubborn grasp at ignorance. Why nobody has disagreed with your energy gospels which you are almost turning to elegies by your cocky narrow mindedness, we have always maintained that a higher and more intelligent Universal force, Energy or God is at work. While you have held to the profoundly illogic of an unintelligent and unconscious entity giving forth to intelligence and consciousness, we have frowned at the impossibility.
Several fields of have science have dealt extensively with the concept of life force which life many science concept has its conception at the spiritual laboratories of many students of mysteries of life from the pyramids of Egypt to the experimental tables of modern alchemists, metaphysics, etc

so when you say scientists , which are you referring to for there are many who bear that collective name?

There are many other sources that talk about " life force" as shown below:

life force
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical,
Acronyms , Wikipedia .
life force
n.
See élan vital .
American Heritage® Dictionary of
the English Language, Fifth
Edition. Copyright © 2016 by
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Publishing Company. Published by
Publishing Company. All rights
reserved.
é•lan vi•tal ( Fr. eɪ lɑ̃ viˈtal)
n.
(esp. in Bergsonian philosophy)
the vital or creative force in all
organisms that is responsible for
growth and evolution.
[1905–10; < French: literally, vital
ardor]
Random House Kernerman
Webster's College Dictionary, ©
2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright
2005, 1997, 1991 by Random
House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Thesaurus≠ Antonyms ≡Synonyms
Legend:
Switch to new thesaurus
Noun
life force - (biology) a
hypothetical force (not physical or
chemical) once thought by Henri
Bergson to cause the evolution
and development of organisms
≡elan vital , vital force , vitality
↔biological science , biology - the
science that studies living
organisms
↔force - (physics) the influence
that produces a change in a
physical quantity; "force equals
mass times acceleration"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex
clipart collection. © 2003-2012
Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
life force noun
The vital principle or animating
force within living beings:
≡breath, divine spark , élan vital ,
psyche , soul , spirit , vital force ,
vitality .

https://www.gaia.com/article/11-daily-ways-increase-life-force-energy
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 9:18pm On Nov 11, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Ideally my 5 senses shouldn't conflict with the "6th sense" if not na confusion...every sense has to complement each other before arriving at a sound conclusion.

Unfortunately..."Ideally" in this subject matter of an Eternal Creator is a tough one...even if we argue for the next few months;

Theists have their convincing points...same for Atheists too.

As for me...if you want to improve humanity, whether you are a theist or atheist, we set all those differences aside and work together to achieve a common goal.

Only that science disagrees with the 6th sense. It just does not exist with profound shreds of evidence and facts. We decide to call the others that seem like sense, the mind.

I agree on working together to achieve the greater aim and better humanity. But can theists cope? You know to some, we are unclean, and to some we are infidels. Religion cannot sustain togetherness. We shouldn't bother ourselves with togetherness, it is unachievable where humans are concerned.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 9:21pm On Nov 11, 2017
Babacele:
while you rush to celebrate your victory at nothingness it is pertinent to point out your arrogantly stubborn grasp at ignorance. Why nobody has disagreed with your energy gospels which you are almost turning to elegies by your cocky narrow mindedness, we have always maintained that a higher and more intelligent Universal force, Energy or God is at work. While you have held to the profoundly illogic of an unintelligent and unconscious entity giving forth to intelligence and consciousness, we have frowned at the impossibility.
Several fields of have science have dealt extensively with the concept of life force which life many science concept has its conception at the spiritual laboratories of many students of mysteries of life from the pyramids of Egypt to the experimental tables of modern alchemists, metaphysics, etc

so when you say scientists , which are you referring to for there are many who bear that collective name?

There are many other sources that talk about " life force" as shown below:

life force
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical,
Acronyms , Wikipedia .
life force
n.
See élan vital .
American Heritage® Dictionary of
the English Language, Fifth
Edition. Copyright © 2016 by
Publishing Company. Published by
Publishing Company. All rights
reserved.
é•lan vi•tal ( Fr. eɪ lɑ̃ viˈtal)
n.
(esp. in Bergsonian philosophy)
the vital or creative force in all
organisms that is responsible for
growth and evolution.
[1905–10; < French: literally, vital
ardor]
Random House Kernerman
Webster's College Dictionary, ©
2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright
2005, 1997, 1991 by Random
House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Thesaurus≠ Antonyms ≡Synonyms
Legend:
Switch to new thesaurus
Noun
life force - (biology) a
hypothetical force (not physical or
chemical) once thought by Henri
Bergson
to cause the evolution
and development of organisms
≡elan vital , vital force , vitality
↔biological science , biology - the
science that studies living
organisms
↔force - (physics) the influence
that produces a change in a
physical quantity; "force equals
mass times acceleration"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex
clipart collection. © 2003-2012
Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
life force noun
The vital principle or animating
force within living beings:
[s]≡breath, divine spark , élan vital ,
psyche , soul , spirit , vital force ,
vitality .
[/s]

https://www.gaia.com/article/11-daily-ways-increase-life-force-energy

I am done with you, sir. I have underlined a page for you to see where it was stated categorically and bolded that LIFE FORCE HAS NO SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE. If you want to keep seeking opinions outside science(Like English dictionaries and arts) whether science accepts the term please be my guest.

Whether you like it or not, your life force that you are holding beloved is what you have failed to understand as Energy. But that term, "life force" is not a kind of force in science. Stop wasting your time trying to change science.

Meanwhile, I took time to cancel and bolded the errors in your ridiculous research.

Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 9:42pm On Nov 11, 2017
Akin1212:

Only that science disagrees with the 6th sense. It just does not exist with profound shreds of evidence and facts. We decide to call the others that seem like sense, the mind.

I agree on working together to achieve the greater aim and better humanity. But can theists cope? You know to some, we are unclean, and to some we are infidels. Religion cannot sustain togetherness. We shouldn't bother ourselves with togetherness, it is unachievable where humans are concerned.

@ the bolded, The funny thing about theists with that kind of mindset especially Christian theists is that they have a very narrow idea of how life is.

Imagine I rewrite the parable of the good Samaritan to something like, Parable of the good Atheist or Parable of the good Muslim.

I strongly feel that if you had met a personality like Jesus one on one...even if you remain an atheist, you will become friends.

As for me, I am open to working with theists and atheists for a better humanity and world at large. The confused theists can keep on fighting among themselves which is the right religion to help one access heaven in the afterlife. As for me, I'm true with all those type of narrow minded arguments.

1 Like

Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 10:37pm On Nov 11, 2017
OkaiCorne:

@ the bolded, The funny thing about theists with that kind of mindset especially Christian theists is that they have a very narrow idea of how life is.

Imagine I rewrite the parable of the good Samaritan to something like, Parable of the good Atheist or Parable of the good Muslim.

I strongly feel that if you had met a personality like Jesus one on one...even if you remain an atheist, you will become friends.

As for me, I am open to working with theists and atheists for a better humanity and world at large. The confused theists can keep on fighting among themselves which is the right religion to help one access heaven in the afterlife. As for me, I'm true with all those type of narrow minded arguments.

Religion can't exist without them and the hatreds that boil in them.

Which brings us to the question what religion did Jesus himself practised? Instincts tell me he was a Judaist because that was the religion of his forefathers. And again the most popular back then when he lived(if he actually lived).
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 10:49pm On Nov 11, 2017
Akin1212:

Religion can't exist without them and the hatreds that boil in them.

Which brings us to the question what religion did Jesus himself practised? Instincts tell me he was a Judaist because that was the religion of his forefathers. And again the most popular back then when he lived(if he actually lived).

Jesus had to start with Judaism, complete the requirements of it and start a fresh lifestyle for his followers (who over the course of time have made a disgusting religion out of the lifestyle)

Lemme ask...if Buhdda who lived 600 years before Jesus existed...why do you doubt the existence of Jesus? Or do you doubt Buhdda existed too? What of Moses?
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 11:09pm On Nov 11, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Jesus had to start with Judaism, complete the requirements of it and start a fresh lifestyle for his followers (who over the course of time have made a disgusting religion out of the lifestyle)

Lemme ask...if Buhdda who lived 600 years before Jesus existed...why do you doubt the existence of Jesus? Or do you doubt Buhdda existed too? What of Moses?

Not like I doubt if Jesus existed per se. But there are many things involved. Yes, there was a man called Jesus 2000 years ago in Nazareth. But a lot of controversies surrounds the whole story. I think Jesus's teachings were not that different from Buddha's though.

If your readings have been deep enough, you would have read that Jesus travelled to India at some point, I personally think it's connected to Buddha. Also that Jesus was in love with Mary Magdalene and they married according to recent findings.

But if Jesus existed, he was definitely not what the new testament said he was.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by OkaiCorne(m): 11:35pm On Nov 11, 2017
Akin1212:

Not like I doubt if Jesus existed per se. But there are many things involved. Yes, there was a man called Jesus 2000 years ago in Nazareth. But a lot of controversies surrounds the whole story. I think Jesus's teachings were not that different from Buddha's though.

If your readings have been deep enough, you would have read that Jesus travelled to India at some point, I personally think it's connected to Buddha. Also that Jesus was in love with Mary Magdalene and they married according to recent findings.

But if Jesus existed, he was definitely not what the new testament said he was.

Exactly! There's a book I read, "The unknown years of Jesus".

Jesus was a well travelled man. The Jesus of the Bible is a creation of the council of Nicaea.

It is the real Jesus I was referring to as per our discussion.
Re: Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? by Akin1212(m): 11:49pm On Nov 11, 2017
OkaiCorne:

Exactly! There's a book I read, "The unknown years of Jesus".

Jesus was a well travelled man. The Jesus of the Bible is a creation of the council of Nicaea.

It is the real Jesus I was referring to as per our discussion.

Well, since everything is lost in history, I think Jesus himself will have to come and tell us what really happened.

I also believed he married, grew old and died, as against all those BS painted in the bible. But the council of Nicaea no try for the people of the world o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (39) (Reply)

Simput Eagles Dafup Arrested By DSS For Converting Muslim Girl To Christianity / Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches / Pastor Sunday Adelaja's Church In Adultery Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.