Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? (2270 Views)

Has Any Other Person Ever Prayed To Sleep And To Never Wake Again? [SOFT DEATH] / How Do You End A Relationship Without Hurting The Other Person? / Any Other Person Experiencing This ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 31, 2017
Laveda:
So I came across this and thought I should get y'all opinions here as well.

Do you think it's right to still give out your number to new "toasters" when in a relationship?
Some woman say it's 'not putting all your eggs in one basket'. And guys say 'incase the present girl misbehaves'

What's your thought on this? Should we just stick to one and shut everyone out? Or just open new doors for other guys/girl. wink

Lalasticlala
Dominique. What do you think?

Visit http://orjisblog.com.ng/ for more.

At all keep the person in, if you find someone better than your partner it's up to you to leave just as the same way your partner should if he see someone equally better than you, as long as you breakup first rather than cheating
Re: Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? by Mznaett: 6:51pm On Oct 31, 2017
This is a very serious question...

For some people, no matter how much they try to remain just friends with the opposite sex, emotions must always set in especially if they find some attributes in that person...
Re: Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? by Windflower(f): 7:01pm On Oct 31, 2017
Laveda:
So I came across this and thought I should get y'all opinions here as well.

Do you think it's right to still give out your number to new "toasters" when in a relationship?
Some woman say it's 'not putting all your eggs in one basket'. And guys say 'incase the present girl misbehaves'

What's your thought on this? Should we just stick to one and shut everyone out? Or just open new doors for other guys/girl. wink

Lalasticlala
Dominique. What do you think?

Visit http://orjisblog.com.ng/ for more.

Funny enough,I used to believe in this ideology before but now I think its totally wrong since you are not even married. I had a guy who asked me out,wanted to take my time to know him better so we started with being friends,my ex came back with the I love you crap and can't do without you. I accepted him back and completely shut the guy out,even from the friend zone,its wasn't long,my comeback ex bleeped up and the guy I shut out is now in a relationship which he has even engaged his girl. Another instance is a friends sister who dated her first boyfriend for like 7years,she even finished school before him but still waited,she had a toaster during her service year but completely shut him out cos of her boyfriend not knowing he was cheating on her. Now she is happily married to the guy she shut out,they are both living abroad while the ex boyfriend was rusticated from school. I am not saying people should cheat but just because ure in a relationship doesn't mean you should make ur partner ur whole world because it can crumble anytime. Especially for ladies,if he wants you to shut people out completely, then he should just marry you.
Re: Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? by Laveda(f): 7:25pm On Oct 31, 2017
Windflower:

Funny enough,I used to believe in this ideology before but now I think its totally wrong since you are not even married. I had a guy who asked me out,wanted to take my time to know him better so we started with being friends,my ex came back with the I love you crap and can't do without you. I accepted him back and completely shut the guy out,even from the friend zone,its wasn't long,my comeback ex bleeped up and the guy I shut out is now in a relationship which he has even engaged his girl. Another instance is a friends sister who dated her first boyfriend for like 7years,she even finished school before him but still waited,she had a toaster during her service year but completely shut him out cos of her boyfriend not knowing he was cheating on her. Now she is happily married to the guy she shut out,they are both living abroad while the ex boyfriend was rusticated from school. I am not saying people should cheat but just because ure in a relationship doesn't mean you should make ur partner ur whole world because it can crumble anytime. Especially for ladies,if he wants you to shut people out completely, then he should just marry you.

I get your point since you're speaking from experience, but from boyfriend comes husband. Try not to cheat on your man in the course of doing this.
Re: Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? by simpleswazy(m): 7:32pm On Oct 31, 2017
darkmarky:
I don't think its cheating.. I used to have that mentality that if I have a girlfriend then I don't need to have any other female friends but I was wrong.

Its ok to give out numbers but not forgetting the fact that you are in a functional relationship and also make it clear to those who try to encroach that let's just stay as friends.
i used to get angry also before when my give out is number I realise u CNT just stop her from making friends cos of ur own selfish interest ..I meet new gals too exchange numbers ND it is not beyond that..its knowing what u doing

1 Like

Re: Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? by greatnaija01: 7:58pm On Oct 31, 2017
HAHAHAHAHAHA... when u went to school, were there no better schools? did you leave your school just because there was a better school?

here u are in Nigeria, are there no BETTER countries? even if you travel and get citizenship in another country the best you can be is a DUAL CITIZEN..

relationship is not SPORTS... where u can leave one club n join another.

YOU GOTTA BE IN IT FOR THE LONG HURL else do not even call it a relationship.

There are better ladies than you o... so SHOULD HE DUMP u?

there are better guys than him.... ARE YOU THEIR TYPE?

someone may be better than your current guy but hates your traits n personality....

so this whole thread is baseless and out of mature Love

Laveda:

What if in the long rum you meet someone better than your partner?

2 Likes

Re: Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? by Laveda(f): 9:15am On Nov 01, 2017
greatnaija01:
HAHAHAHAHAHA... when u went to school, were there no better schools? did you leave your school just because there was a better school?

here u are in Nigeria, are there no BETTER countries? even if you travel and get citizenship in another country the best you can be is a DUAL CITIZEN..

relationship is not SPORTS... where u can leave one club n join another.

YOU GOTTA BE IN IT FOR THE LONG HURL else do not even call it a relationship.

There are better ladies than you o... so SHOULD HE DUMP u?

there are better guys than him.... ARE YOU THEIR TYPE?

someone may be better than your current guy but hates your traits n personality....

so this whole thread is baseless and out of mature Love

Lol. Don't say I'm not their type, sometimes guys better than your boyfriend approaches you, but you just gotta stick to the one you already have. smiley

Well, I get your point.
Re: Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? by Laveda(f): 9:17am On Nov 01, 2017
pcguru1:

At all keep the person in, if you find someone better than your partner it's up to you to leave just as the same way your partner should if he see someone equally better than you, as long as you breakup first rather than cheating

Lol. So you're saying you can leave if there's someone better, what if you keep meeting better people than your current partner.
Re: Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 9:20am On Nov 01, 2017
I do this quite often but it backfires at times.
Re: Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? by lilmax(m): 9:23am On Nov 01, 2017
lonikit:

dude u funny die. attention giving starts from the day u gav out number. don't forget that the new person will do everytin to get ur attention. he buys u dis and dat which the other guy may not be doin regularly due to the fact that u av spent much time together in the rlship. bfor u knw it the lady will be lookin for the flaws of the old guy bcus she will be considering the new guy. little tin she start nagging which may finally resolve to breakup. lobatan oo.

Yoruba says: ikan Toba ni je, ma fi runmu.
the only reasonable comment here

1 Like

Re: Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? by lilmax(m): 9:24am On Nov 01, 2017
pcguru1:

another reasonable comment
Re: Should We Shut Every Other Person Out While In A Relationship? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Nov 01, 2017
Laveda:

Lol. So you're saying you can leave if there's someone better, what if you keep meeting better people than your current partner.

The advice is specifically crafted for you, because if I found someone good enough for me, I won't bother about the someone better because there's always someone better, richer, pretty, more handsome , more beautiful.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

She Said She Want To F.uck Me. And Boasted With Her Friends / Mechanic Love! Check Out This Loved Up Photo Of A Mechanic & His Girl. / Longest Dick Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.