Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Men Who Buy Or Offer To Buy Drinks To Women They Just Met In A Bar Are Suckers - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men Who Buy Or Offer To Buy Drinks To Women They Just Met In A Bar Are Suckers (2600 Views)

I Just Met A Very Handsome And Intelligent Nairalander / Funny Wedding Cake Of Couples Who Met In The Club(pix) / A Girl I Just Met Asked For 30,000 Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men Who Buy Or Offer To Buy Drinks To Women They Just Met In A Bar Are Suckers by Princek12(m): 9:37pm On Mar 17, 2010
I have noticed a lot of Naija men in clubs are so quick to offer to buy drinks to a girl they just met, sometimes even before they start conversation with a girl. Do men still do these? The sad part is that these men think that offering to buy the girl a drink will ease the access to her pants, or that it will give them a better chance at taking her home or getting her phone number. These men are delusional.

If you  feel that you have to offer a drink to girl to get her number, or if you feel that offering her the drink will give her an incentive to talk to you, then you are sucker--in that you feel that you are not worthy enough of her attention. For the ladies, if you will not talk to a guy because he refuses to buy you a drink, it shows that your time is for sale for a paltry drink; and if you will not give attention to a guy who does not buy you a drink, it shows that you are a cheap whhore, and that all it takes to get you is a drink.

Mind you, I am not saying that buying women drinks is categorically wrong, but what I am saying is that buying a drink should be a gesture aimed at enhancing a blissful encounter, where both parties are enjoying a reciprocated favorable attitude. Buying a drink should not be aimed at appeasing a girl or to convince or force her to talk to you. Save your money, idiots.
Re: Men Who Buy Or Offer To Buy Drinks To Women They Just Met In A Bar Are Suckers by Nobody: 9:39pm On Mar 17, 2010
Wow,I think I have been waiting for this information all my life. Thank you.
Re: Men Who Buy Or Offer To Buy Drinks To Women They Just Met In A Bar Are Suckers by mamagee3(f): 9:40pm On Mar 17, 2010
It's called romance in the bar, lol. grin
Re: Men Who Buy Or Offer To Buy Drinks To Women They Just Met In A Bar Are Suckers by Princek12(m): 9:44pm On Mar 17, 2010
mama-gee:

It's called romance in the bar, lol. grin
LMAO. I guess so
Re: Men Who Buy Or Offer To Buy Drinks To Women They Just Met In A Bar Are Suckers by daduke2k(m): 9:48pm On Mar 17, 2010
Y u dey vex nah, d babe don chop ya money finish, she no gree u, u kom dey report 4 here. Go hug a transformer. Mscheww.
Re: Men Who Buy Or Offer To Buy Drinks To Women They Just Met In A Bar Are Suckers by Princek12(m): 9:51pm On Mar 17, 2010
daduke2k:

Y u dey vex nah, d babe don chop ya money finish, she no gree u, u kom dey report 4 here. Go hug a transformer. Mscheww.

Nobody chop my money. I no be mugu like you
Re: Men Who Buy Or Offer To Buy Drinks To Women They Just Met In A Bar Are Suckers by daduke2k(m): 10:11pm On Mar 17, 2010
I be mugu , u be Mtn MAGA , pay as u go. Hehehe
Re: Men Who Buy Or Offer To Buy Drinks To Women They Just Met In A Bar Are Suckers by Stevogue(m): 10:19pm On Mar 17, 2010
Mister, I simply couldnt finish reading ur infantile blabbing. What's in a drink after all? My take is this: Its a man's choice how he wants to strike up a chat or even relationship with a girl. Am shocked you haven't heard these lines before, even in the most decent climes- "May I buy you a drink?"  or "May I buy you dinner?" Gentlemen in some cases even offer to pay for taxi or bus fares for a gal they admire,just to open up a line of communication and not necessary to jump inside the gals pants. Your machismo display can't fool anybody, because you come across to me as a guy who had bungled many relationships and his most recent attempt ended up, a pig's breakfast and all the prattle you sent as thread is a woeful effort at what psychologists call Personality Compensation!And if you still think they are suckers, then I am convinced you went bonkers a long time ago!
Re: Men Who Buy Or Offer To Buy Drinks To Women They Just Met In A Bar Are Suckers by Nixnugo(f): 10:24pm On Mar 17, 2010
I don't think men who offer to buy women drinks are suckers at all! They are only suckers if they thing their £5 drink is going to equate to a phone number/ sex or whatever. Its a simple gesture thats been the 'protocol' of striking up a conversation for decades now. A woman who accepts a drink from a man is at no fault either, i mean who would turn down a free drink? I think if a girl turns down a free drink from a perfectly nice guy- then she's the sucker!
Re: Men Who Buy Or Offer To Buy Drinks To Women They Just Met In A Bar Are Suckers by daduke2k(m): 10:30pm On Mar 17, 2010
Stevogue:

Mister, I simply couldnt finish reading your infantile blabbing. What's in a drink after all? My take is this: Its a man's choice how he wants to strike up a chat or even relationship with a girl. Am shocked you haven't heard these lines before, even in the most decent climes- "May I buy you a drink?"  or "May I buy you dinner?" Gentlemen in some cases even offer to pay for taxi or bus fares for a gal they admire,just to open up a line of communication and not necessary to jump inside the gals pants. Your machismo display can't fool anybody, because you come across to me as a guy who had bungled many relationships and his most recent attempt ended up, a pig's breakfast and all the prattle you sent as thread is a woeful effort at what psychologists call Personality Compensation!And if you still think they are suckers, then I am convinced you went bonkers a long time ago!
~DEATH~
Re: Men Who Buy Or Offer To Buy Drinks To Women They Just Met In A Bar Are Suckers by googles: 10:35pm On Mar 17, 2010
[size=13pt]***sings t-pain's "can i buy you a drink" takes a good look  look at the topic***

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

***can i buy you a drink,then imma take you home with me i got money in bank***
[/size]
Re: Men Who Buy Or Offer To Buy Drinks To Women They Just Met In A Bar Are Suckers by Princek12(m): 10:38pm On Mar 17, 2010
Stevogue:

Mister, I simply couldnt finish reading your infantile blabbing. What's in a drink after all? My take is this: Its a man's choice how he wants to strike up a chat or even relationship with a girl. Am shocked you haven't heard these lines before, even in the most decent climes- "May I buy you a drink?"  or "May I buy you dinner?" Gentlemen in some cases even offer to pay for taxi or bus fares for a gal they admire,just to open up a line of communication and not necessary to jump inside the gals pants. Your machismo display can't fool anybody, because you come across to me as a guy who had bungled many relationships and his most recent attempt ended up, a pig's breakfast and all the prattle you sent as thread is a woeful effort at what psychologists call Personality Compensation!And if you still think they are suckers, then I am convinced you went bonkers a long time ago!

You sound like an idiot. It is people like you who fail exams because they think already know the answer before they finish reading the question. You just said you did not finish reading my piece but made a comment. I never said buying a drink for a girl is always wrong. What I mean is that the intent of buying the drink is the key. If you are buying the drink to keep her around you or to get into her pants (which a lot of men do), then you are a sucker. If you are doing it because she is a nice person or to enhance the encounter, then there is nothing wrong with it. You must be one of those guys who feels he has to offer a girl a drink before you even ask her name so that she will talk to you.
Re: Men Who Buy Or Offer To Buy Drinks To Women They Just Met In A Bar Are Suckers by Stevogue(m): 10:42pm On Mar 17, 2010
Then u shouldn't have posted it because that's elementary knowledge. Nairaland ain't no kindergarten class!
Re: Men Who Buy Or Offer To Buy Drinks To Women They Just Met In A Bar Are Suckers by dobodobo(m): 10:46pm On Mar 17, 2010
Chop awufu o, who no know go know, say awufu dey run belle,who no know go pemee
Re: Men Who Buy Or Offer To Buy Drinks To Women They Just Met In A Bar Are Suckers by daduke2k(m): 10:50pm On Mar 17, 2010
ROTFL,
Re: Men Who Buy Or Offer To Buy Drinks To Women They Just Met In A Bar Are Suckers by Sauron1: 11:55pm On Mar 17, 2010
Princek12:

Mind you, I am not saying that buying women drinks is categorically wrong, but what I am saying is that buying a drink should be a gesture aimed at enhancing a blissful encounter, where both parties are enjoying a reciprocated favorable attitude. Buying a drink should not be aimed at appeasing a girl or to convince or force her to talk to you. Save your money, idiots.

When men are trying to be nice, they are idiots.
When men try to keep to themselves, they are uptight.

Men can't win, can they?
Re: Men Who Buy Or Offer To Buy Drinks To Women They Just Met In A Bar Are Suckers by MissyB1(m): 12:00am On Mar 18, 2010
Maybe they shouldn't. grin
Re: Men Who Buy Or Offer To Buy Drinks To Women They Just Met In A Bar Are Suckers by Sauron1: 12:08am On Mar 18, 2010
Missy B:

Maybe they shouldn't. grin

They shouldn't what?
Re: Men Who Buy Or Offer To Buy Drinks To Women They Just Met In A Bar Are Suckers by Nobody: 12:58am On Mar 18, 2010
@Poster

True:: Suckers indeed

Why should I just buy a girl I don't know a drink, say wetin happen

You need to get along chat with her 1st, if there's a TCP connection and it's flowing well, then you can tell her "do u care for a drink" if she says NO - keep ur money, remember she's got her own money too,

Mumuainos fronting in clubs flying like bebeto @ the end of the day can't even track a cool chick, they stay idle @ club till the music goes down

Your attitude speaks for you - dress sense, approach intilligence etc - Simple as ABC

By the end of the day, you might not even spend shishi I mean 1 kobo n go with a classic chick, that's it!
Re: Men Who Buy Or Offer To Buy Drinks To Women They Just Met In A Bar Are Suckers by Pweety4me(f): 1:00am On Mar 18, 2010
googles:

[size=13pt]***sings t-pain's "can i buy you a drink" takes a good look look at the topic***

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

***can i buy you a drink,then imma take you home with me i got money in bank***
[/size]
Lolz i was thinking of d same tin. . .but i have not read d topic ooo.
Re: Men Who Buy Or Offer To Buy Drinks To Women They Just Met In A Bar Are Suckers by Pweety4me(f): 1:02am On Mar 18, 2010
@Faakay go as in leave wif her number e.t.c or as "we r going 2 my house go?"cheesy
Re: Men Who Buy Or Offer To Buy Drinks To Women They Just Met In A Bar Are Suckers by eldee(m): 1:19am On Mar 18, 2010
TBH, the only girls that still appreciate this are broke chics that are too tight to buy their own drinks.
This is 2010 for God's sake, the world is prolly coming to an end in two years . . . y'all have only two years to get smart. grin grin grin

Even pop divas don't like it . .

Sending me a drink ain't appeasing
Believe me

Upgrade You
Re: Men Who Buy Or Offer To Buy Drinks To Women They Just Met In A Bar Are Suckers by Princek12(m): 1:30am On Mar 18, 2010
eldee:

TBH, the only girls that still appreciate this are broke chics that are too tight to buy their own drinks.
This is 2010 for God's sake, the world is prolly coming to an end in two years . . . y'all have only two years to get smart. grin grin grin

Believe me

Upgrade You

tell 'em, bro
Re: Men Who Buy Or Offer To Buy Drinks To Women They Just Met In A Bar Are Suckers by Nobody: 1:44am On Mar 18, 2010
@post
first of all let me just say that there are men and men out there. some people wont have to jump the bus if they bought a drink to a seemingly friendly lady. the catch is to make sure that there is some good vibes before you do.

let us all be realistic for a minute, MEN are hunters, we go out to score women!!!!! some use "spears", others use "machette" and some use "guns".
any tool used to get closer to the prey is good. in order to score you have to first get closer to the prey, and the drink is the bait that will get you closer (what you do when you get closer is up to you). the guys with no drinks and no money to offer any drinks will be pissed looking at it on the sideline but thats the way life is.
poster, i understand that you feel disadvantaged but DONT HATE THE PLAYERS, HATE THE GAME!

also, if i am in a club and see a nice gal and I have a drink in my hand, i will feel a little bit awkward chatting her up while she has none so i will offer her one BECAUSE I CAN. even if you dont score with that gal, you just made a friend!!!!! women attract other women, do the math.
Re: Men Who Buy Or Offer To Buy Drinks To Women They Just Met In A Bar Are Suckers by Sauron1: 2:06am On Mar 18, 2010
eldee:

U are mad. . . . .Every babe appreciates kind gestures.
As long as a man is not brash about it, everything ticks on nicely.

Pop divas can suck ma toes.

Believe me

Upgrade You

Jigga prolly started his move by buying Bey a glass of JD/Coke. grin
Re: Men Who Buy Or Offer To Buy Drinks To Women They Just Met In A Bar Are Suckers by MissyB1(m): 10:20am On Mar 18, 2010
~Sauron~:

They shouldn't what?
Win

~Sauron~:

Men can't win, can they?
Re: Men Who Buy Or Offer To Buy Drinks To Women They Just Met In A Bar Are Suckers by tkb417(m): 10:28am On Mar 18, 2010
~Sauron~:

U are mad. . . . .Every babe appreciates kind gestures.
As long as a man is not brash about it, everything ticks on nicely.

Pop divas can suck ma toes.

Jigga prolly started his move by buying Bey a glass of JD/Coke. grin
MINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Men Who Buy Or Offer To Buy Drinks To Women They Just Met In A Bar Are Suckers by MissyB1(m): 10:43am On Mar 18, 2010
tkb417:

MINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many Ladies did You buy drinks Last night? angry
Re: Men Who Buy Or Offer To Buy Drinks To Women They Just Met In A Bar Are Suckers by tkb417(m): 10:45am On Mar 18, 2010
Missy B:

hahaha sweetie
dont be mad at me, i only went to the club with ma cousins lipsrsealed

how are u kiss kiss kiss
Re: Men Who Buy Or Offer To Buy Drinks To Women They Just Met In A Bar Are Suckers by MissyB1(m): 10:47am On Mar 18, 2010
tkb417:

hahaha sweetie
dont be mad at me, i only went to the club with ma cousins lipsrsealed

how are u kiss kiss kiss
Phew! I was about to bring down NL. tongue

I'm aiight. You nko? kiss kiss
Re: Men Who Buy Or Offer To Buy Drinks To Women They Just Met In A Bar Are Suckers by tkb417(m): 10:48am On Mar 18, 2010
Missy B:

im liking your pic babes

u showin dem wht your mama gave u right
thts ma sweets grin grin
Re: Men Who Buy Or Offer To Buy Drinks To Women They Just Met In A Bar Are Suckers by eldee(m): 10:51am On Mar 18, 2010
. . .

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / Romance Game / Please,who Is Guilty Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.