Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,465 members, 7,836,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

I'm Not Ready But He Wants Us To Get Married. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm Not Ready But He Wants Us To Get Married. (4323 Views)

My Ex Wants Us To Be Having Sex Few Weeks After Her Marriage / We Broke Up And She Still Wants Us To Be Friends / My Sugar Mommy Wants Us To Get Married...im Confused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Not Ready But He Wants Us To Get Married. by klexycole(m): 10:57am On Nov 01, 2017
sparklezeee:
Keep waiting o, wait till after Nysc self but don't forget that the blessings you take for granted are the prayer points of others.

Maybe you are not really ready to settle down with him.

Do as you please, na your life

God bless you for that sir. Experience thought me the bolded. Nice quote cool

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Ready But He Wants Us To Get Married. by Edrick: 11:17am On Nov 01, 2017
Benita27:
I see...
They all have a say in whom you marry 'cause you would need their approval and blessing but that depends on how willing you're to marry that person.
i am very much willing to.
Re: I'm Not Ready But He Wants Us To Get Married. by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 01, 2017
Benita27:
My dear, the truth of the matter is, you don't see this guy as your prince charming 'cause if you did, the moment he mentioned marriage you'd have accepted. Abi if Dangote's son comes to marry you, would you ask him to wait for you to finish school?.

Wow cheesy
Re: I'm Not Ready But He Wants Us To Get Married. by Edrick: 11:18am On Nov 01, 2017
PenisCaP:

Hmm 34 yrs is also not too late.
He should be worried when is over 35-37 n still single.

Tell him to chil since u have 1yr +left.
If he likes he can put the ring on the last day of yur paper since he is so desperate.
I still wonder why he is dat desparate tho.
That age is not a valid excuse bcoz hez not that late.

Has he done marriage intro ?
he hasnt done any intro
Re: I'm Not Ready But He Wants Us To Get Married. by Mimzyy(f): 11:23am On Nov 01, 2017
Spot on

PenisCaP:
U said u have less dan 2yrs..
If he cant chill for that long then he is notent for u.
He is 30 now and would be 31 or 32 then.. not much difference if u ask me.

Unless he is scared of something else(maybe he is suspecting u ar seeing some1 else who might snatch u awys from him)

Otherwise i d suggest u finish ur school first

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Ready But He Wants Us To Get Married. by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 01, 2017
Girls will never learn from the mistakes of others..who told you that you can't marry and have kids in school?..just 2yrs?..No wonder there are so many older ladies every where looking for men to marry them by all means..now you are young,and a serious is ready to marry you,but you seem not to be ready.but when you become older,the reverse may be the case...because most men prefer young ladies for marriage.that's the fact..why do you girls refuse to learn from others mistake?

mark todays date,you might regret not accepting your guys proposal..as you are growing older,he might loose interest in you and go for younger girls..That's a man for you..

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Ready But He Wants Us To Get Married. by ibkayee(f): 11:56am On Nov 01, 2017
If you personally don't have a problem with it, you're satisfied with him and are ready to settle down I don't see why not. Don't if you're only being pressured though

If you're adamant on graduating first, try to get him to understand that 2 years isn't that long, if he's concerned about having children, I wouldn't advise that you get pregnant during school anyway so it wouldn't make much of a difference

Ultimately, it should depend on what you want, though I understand your family's concerns
Re: I'm Not Ready But He Wants Us To Get Married. by GOFRONT(m): 12:14pm On Nov 01, 2017
Make una sha remember to do una Genotype.

Thats ma own
Re: I'm Not Ready But He Wants Us To Get Married. by Edrick: 12:20pm On Nov 01, 2017
ibkayee:
If u personally don't have a problem with it, you're satisfied with him and are ready to settle down I don't see why not. Don't if you're only being pressured though

If you're adamant on graduating first, try to get him to understand that 2 years isn't that long, if he's concerned about having children, I wouldn't advise that you get pregnant during school anyway so it wouldn't make much of a difference

Ultimately, it should depend on what you want, though I understand your family's concerns
well, he doesnt want kids yet, just for us to get married
Re: I'm Not Ready But He Wants Us To Get Married. by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 01, 2017
Benita27:
My dear, the truth of the matter is, you don't see this guy as your prince charming 'cause if you did, the moment he mentioned marriage you'd have accepted. Abi if Dangote's son comes to marry you, would you ask him to wait for you to finish school?.

Thats no dangote son, she mentioned on her post. But the op said her bf is just trying to build his life. He's not even financial okay sef.
Who get married out of just passion and am. In love, when the ingredients to make a marriage work is not available.

Like someone above said, next year can be for.l introduction. Before end of two years. Traditional marriage. After youth service white wedding and court.
Simple
Where is the guy rushing to?

People who rush into marriage end up regretting such moves.

Op should know, immediately she gets married, she may start having kids. Do u think its easy juggling pregnancy with school work?

It's not easy. Life is not just all about love.

Op use your head, so many girls have dropped out of school. Cos of this rush marriage thing.

Don't let your bf ruin your quest in becoming a graduate.

A word is enough for the wise. Think.

Not all promises men make, they fulfil. They can say anything for u to do their bidding. When u are married, u won't have much say anymore about your self and your career. Except he's a good man and sincerely wants u to be a graduate. But we can't see the heart of man, or can we?
Re: I'm Not Ready But He Wants Us To Get Married. by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 01, 2017
Edrick:

well, he doesnt want kids yet, just for us to get married

Thats what he will say until belle enter. Men are dangerously crafty.
He could put holes in the condom while making love. Or he could even complain one day sef that how can he constantly be fucvking his wife with condoms, he fit call family. Meeting for your head.

Men can say anything to make u agree to their marriage proposal. They rarely keep. To their promises, except God touch their heart.

Trust him with your education at your own peril.

And am even talking from my cousin's experience. She got married to her bf when she was in 200l, just two years remaining for the bf to wait. But he didnt he wanted to marry her quickly and she was in love. They got married. She got pregnant after few months, she had to defer her course due the kind body system she has. Differing of course, till now don reach 4years now, with another kid join. Shes not even eager to go back and complete her course. The husband flares up at any little thing and calls her dummy, that even school she cannot even graduate? What kind of dull lazy wife did he marry?
She has nowhere to go, she's frustrated but managing her marriage as she see am. She is not a graduate and depends on him for everything and calls her all sorts of names.
May God help us sha.

My dear, don't rush and marry.
Let him do intro this December sef, traditional end of next year, white wedding end of the second year. Biko don't throw your career away oo, because of I love you, and sweet words from bf.
Re: I'm Not Ready But He Wants Us To Get Married. by PenisCaP: 1:49pm On Nov 01, 2017
Edrick:

he hasnt done any intro

Then let him do intro (if possible pay bride price same day).. to secure thay spot he is scared of losing.
And marriage should wait after ur school to avoid distractions.
Re: I'm Not Ready But He Wants Us To Get Married. by PenisCaP: 1:50pm On Nov 01, 2017
Mimzyy:
Spot on

Thank u
Re: I'm Not Ready But He Wants Us To Get Married. by Edrick: 1:54pm On Nov 01, 2017
[quote author=alexialin post=61970983]

yes, what u mentioned is really my fear - getting pregnant whilst in school and then leaving cos of that.
i'll talk to him concerning the intro, etc.
Re: I'm Not Ready But He Wants Us To Get Married. by PenisCaP: 1:59pm On Nov 01, 2017
Edrick:

i live with my parents, and no matter how i'd want to deny it, they still do have a say in who i end up with..

Hmm it seems u ar3 having more complicated issues.

Are they saying u shouldnt marry him?
Pls ur parents have a say in ur marriage, dont disobey them.

And whats their reason for that?
Re: I'm Not Ready But He Wants Us To Get Married. by Edrick: 2:09pm On Nov 01, 2017
PenisCaP:

Hmm it seems u ar3 having more complicated issues.
Are they saying u shouldnt marry him? Pls ur parents have a say in ur marriage, dont disobey them.
And whats their reason for that?
They just prefer that i finish my schooling before anythng

1 Like

Re: I'm Not Ready But He Wants Us To Get Married. by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 01, 2017
Mimzyy:
Spot on

cheesy
Re: I'm Not Ready But He Wants Us To Get Married. by PenisCaP: 2:25pm On Nov 01, 2017
Edrick:

They just prefer that i finish my schooling before anythng

Ok and thats d best.
Re: I'm Not Ready But He Wants Us To Get Married. by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 01, 2017
alexialin:

Thats no dangote son, she mentioned on her post. But the op said her bf is just trying to build his life. He's not even financial okay sef.
Who get married out of just passion and am. In love, when the ingredients to make a marriage work is not available.

Like someone above said, next year can be for.l introduction. Before end of two years. Traditional marriage. After youth service white wedding and court.
Simple
Where is the guy rushing to?

People who rush into marriage end up regretting such moves.

Op should know, immediately she gets married, she may start having kids. Do u think its easy juggling pregnancy with school work?

It's not easy. Life is not just all about love.

Op use your head, so many girls have dropped out of school. Cos of this rush marriage thing.

Don't let your bf ruin your quest in becoming a graduate.

A word is enough for the wise. Think.

Not all promises men make, they fulfil. They can say anything for u to do their bidding. When u are married, u won't have much say anymore about your self and your career. Except he's a good man and sincerely wants u to be a graduate. But we can't see the heart of man, or can we?
First off, I didn't say the op's boyfriend is Dangote's son. That was a sarcastic remark.

Secondly, everything boils down to what she wants. If she's willing to marry him she could go for family planning and get kids at her time.
Re: I'm Not Ready But He Wants Us To Get Married. by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 01, 2017
[quote author=Edrick post=61972884][/quote]

Exactly.

Let him and his family meet with your family for the Introduction. With that move, he will know you don't want to loose him and u sincerely want him as your husband.

If he doesn't have any hidden agenda to jeopardise your plans of being a responsible financially self sufficient lady, then he should agree. Cause u have parents u need to assist financially in their old age. Even if it's a token to your parents, every month given by you, when u graduate and start working. Your parents will always pray for you and be happy their efforts in training you through the four walls of university , didn't go to waste.

And later your husband will respect you the more, that you are not a liability.

It's well.
Re: I'm Not Ready But He Wants Us To Get Married. by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 01, 2017
Benita27:
First off, I didn't say the op's boyfriend is Dangote's son. That was a sarcastic remark.

Secondly, everything boils down to what she wants. If she's willing to marry him she could go for family planning and get kids at her time.

Thank God u can see it's sarcastic.
You were the one who asked op, if bf is dangote son, will she think twice before marrying him quickly?
That's y I replied, her bf is not dangote son, so she must be wise when making crucial life decisions like marriage to an average hustling guy.

It's better to be an asset than a liability because of love.
Re: I'm Not Ready But He Wants Us To Get Married. by sparklezeee: 3:56pm On Nov 01, 2017
alexialin:

My dear, don't rush and marry.
Let him do intro this December sef, traditional end of next year, white wedding end of the second year. Biko don't throw your career away oo, because of I love you, and sweet words from bf.

Intro= December 2017
Traditional= June 2018
White wedding= December 2018

Which of the dates will then be the anniversary?
Re: I'm Not Ready But He Wants Us To Get Married. by Edrick: 6:53pm On Nov 01, 2017
alexialin:

Thank God u can see it's sarcastic.
You were the one who asked op, if bf is dangote son, will she think twice before marrying him quickly?
That's y I replied, her bf is not dangote son, so she must be wise when making crucial life decisions like marriage to an average hustling guy.

It's better to be an asset than a liability because of love.
yes, of course. i planned to do the above. he's just worried that in the years to come i'd eventually lose interest. thats all
Re: I'm Not Ready But He Wants Us To Get Married. by Nobody: 9:47pm On Nov 01, 2017
Benita27:

So true Benita and
Re: I'm Not Ready But He Wants Us To Get Married. by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 01, 2017
Tell him to wait till you are in at least final year, being married and having kids while is school is very stressful.
Re: I'm Not Ready But He Wants Us To Get Married. by Nobody: 10:50pm On Nov 01, 2017
AlexandriaToria:

So true Benita and by the way this is Vicfuntop
Happy New Month, dear. Why did you deactivate your account?.
Re: I'm Not Ready But He Wants Us To Get Married. by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 02, 2017
Re: I'm Not Ready But He Wants Us To Get Married. by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 02, 2017
Re: I'm Not Ready But He Wants Us To Get Married. by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 03, 2017
Benita27:
Happy New Month, dear. Why did you deactivate your account?.

Happy new month to you too kiss. I wasn't feeling the account and I had stalkers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Not Ready But He Wants Us To Get Married. by Spaxon(f): 4:26pm On Nov 23, 2017
Edrick:
Happy New Month to everyone.
so i've been dating this guy for almost 2yrs now...
earlier in the relationship, he made his intentions known - that he would get married to me. i'm in my early 20s' and he's past 30. i still school, but he's way ahead of me.. trying to build his life too.
thing is, the past few weeks he's just been talkin about settling down and promised to let me finish school even when we're married. sayin he's already getting too old for marriage. i still have less than two years to finish, and i want to graduate before marriage. at least my family wants that too. i'm scared that he'd be unable to wait until then.
i just need an advise
stand by ur choice... If he can't wait

His choice

(1) (2) (Reply)

17 Year Old Impregnate 32 Years Old Lady Set To Marry This Month (pics) / Don't Die In Silence / If This Question Was Asked On A Naija Forum, The Answers Would Be Different PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.