Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,811 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Metuh: Court Orders Dasuki To Enter Witness Box, Rejects Jonathan’s Application - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Metuh: Court Orders Dasuki To Enter Witness Box, Rejects Jonathan’s Application (23034 Views)

Dasuki To Daura: "If You Are Not Careful, You May Replace Me In This Room" / Appeal Court Orders Dasuki’s Appearance In Olisa Metuh’s Trial / N400m Fraud: Metuh Writes DSS To Allow Dasuki To Testify As Witness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Metuh: Court Orders Dasuki To Enter Witness Box, Rejects Jonathan’s Application by Leez(m): 9:31pm On Nov 01, 2017
maasoap:
[/s]
Stop being stupidly annoying.
Re: Metuh: Court Orders Dasuki To Enter Witness Box, Rejects Jonathan’s Application by unearthed(m): 9:43pm On Nov 01, 2017
lelvin:
Eyaaah,

I hope say DSS dey give Dasuki pvssy shaa or vaseline grin because man shall not live by bread alone

MAN'S NOT HOT
Re: Metuh: Court Orders Dasuki To Enter Witness Box, Rejects Jonathan’s Application by InvertedHammer: 10:47pm On Nov 01, 2017
Adek15:
can't they plead the 5Th amendment?
/

5th Amendment is part of USA Constitution not Nigeria.
Re: Metuh: Court Orders Dasuki To Enter Witness Box, Rejects Jonathan’s Application by InvertedHammer: 10:50pm On Nov 01, 2017
adisabarber:
Thanks for answering my question. Now, if a commoner like me is required to fly to Abuja to act as a witness in a case. Who will pay my lawyer(s), my travel fare, hotel accommodation and compensation for days I will be unable to attend to my own business?

/
When your boss summons/orders you to come to his/her office, do you give him/her some conditions?
That will be insubordination--ground for termination of employment.
But in court, it is called contempt of court which is ground for incarceration.

They could argue jurisdiction. But the case is in a Federal Court. For instance, a Court in Lagos has no jurisdiction outside Lagos State to issue
subpoena to a non-resident. Just stay clear of legal problems. It is always stressful and time-consuming.
This case is going to be a "cat and mouse" race especially if there is no precedence and Nigerian big men are known to defy court orders. Ask Buhari.

\
Re: Metuh: Court Orders Dasuki To Enter Witness Box, Rejects Jonathan’s Application by Adek15(m): 12:09am On Nov 02, 2017
chukel:
5th what. Does this look like American movie.
This is nigeria. Ur constitution has no 5th.
oh!! Sorry. Too much watching of suit.
Since it's a subpoena, GeJ shouldn't have a choice than to apart in court right? And of he lies, he would be prosecuted right?
Re: Metuh: Court Orders Dasuki To Enter Witness Box, Rejects Jonathan’s Application by billyG(m): 12:51am On Nov 02, 2017
chloedogie:

You said it all, what goes around comes around. Little did mustapha knew that obj will be elected a president one day nor dasuki that buhari will be the C in C. Moral is, live today for tomorrow, only God knows tomorrow. Never look down on anyone and never underestimate anyone.
If i b buhari i go even try him & IBB for treason hav them beheaded.
Re: Metuh: Court Orders Dasuki To Enter Witness Box, Rejects Jonathan’s Application by chloedogie(m): 5:22am On Nov 02, 2017
billyG:

If i b buhari i go even try him & IBB for treason hav them beheaded.

Na jungle justice be that o. Ko kan aye though. Na them dey enjoy before make dem suffer too cos they don't care about an average Nigerian.
Re: Metuh: Court Orders Dasuki To Enter Witness Box, Rejects Jonathan’s Application by chukel(m): 6:43am On Nov 02, 2017
Adek15:
oh!! Sorry. Too much watching of suit.
Since it's a subpoena, GeJ shouldn't have a choice than to apart in court right? And of he lies, he would be prosecuted right?
brother me. I love that series die. Harvey and jessica

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Ambode Mourn Deji Tinubu / Zulum Launches Technical College For Skill Acquisition In Borno (Pictures) / Borno Lawmaker Kneeling Before Shettima - As Shared By Dan-Borno On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.