Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1058) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4441386 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1055) (1056) (1057) (1058) (1059) (1060) (1061) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 11:38am On Aug 20, 2014
Rubbish military, I say.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-28855292

Boko Haram crisis: Nigerian soldiers 'mutiny over weapons'

A group of soldiers in north-eastern Nigeria is refusing to fight Islamist Boko Haram militants until they receive better equipment, one of the mutineers has told the BBC.

The soldier, who requested anonymity, said at least 40 of his colleagues would refuse orders to deploy.

A defence ministry spokesman said the incident was being investigated.

A state of emergency that was declared in three north-eastern states last year has failed to curb the insurgency.

"Soldiers are dying like fowl,"
the soldier, who said he and his colleagues were just outside Maiduguri, told the BBC Hausa service.

"The Nigerian army is not ready to fight Boko Haram," he said, explaining that soldiers were not being given enough weapons and ammunition to take them on.

"Boko Haram are inside the bush, everywhere," he said "They [senior commanders] are sacrificing soldiers," he said.

Defence ministry spokesman Gen Chris Olukolade told the BBC's Focus on Africa programme that he could not confirm the reports of a mutiny but would investigate.

He denied that soldiers were being "sent to die".

"We may not have all it takes but we are improving on it [equipment] regularly," he said.

Boko Haram is fighting to create an Islamic state in Nigeria - and has stepped up its attacks after being pushed out of its bases in Maiduguri, the capital of Borno state, targeting towns and villages in deadly raids
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 11:41am On Aug 20, 2014
Even the vehicles the soldiers were expected to use were old armoured cars that were not up to the job, he added.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

A general in the army, who asked not to be named, told the BBC that he was unable to confirm the mutiny, but said "cowardice" was not uncommon in times of war - and any mutineers would be punished.

When the solder was asked if he feared being court-martialled for taking part in the mutiny, he said that a soldier could only be taken to task for refusing to go to war.

The red. We've been saying.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 11:44am On Aug 20, 2014
Lagos slums where actualy menstion in south africas army 2020 vission document. It talked how the SA army would need to develop sytem to aid and protect solders from the dangers of slums. Like that of ebola. All so most milltary hardwar is to powerfull for fighting there. Open up with a 12.7mm and even if you kill your target the round would probaly pass through and kill some one else.

The SANDF might get 9mm PDW for use in african slums.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 12:05pm On Aug 20, 2014
http://m.bbc.com/news/world-africa-28855292L

Defence ministry spokesman Gen Chris Olukolade told the BBC's Focus on Africa programme that he could not confirm the reports of a mutiny but would investigate.

"We may not have all it takes but we are improving on it [equipment] regularly," he said.
Even the vehicles the soldiers were expected to use were old armoured cars that were not up to the job, he added.

A general in the army, who asked not to be named, told the BBC that he was unable to confirm the mutiny, but said "cowardice" was not uncommon in times of war - and any mutineers would be punished.

When the solder was asked if he feared being court-martialled for taking part in the mutiny, he said that a soldier could only be taken to task for refusing to go to war.

"I joined the army to defend my country", but you cannot defend it without being equipped to do so, he said.

In April, Boko Haram caused global outrage by abducting more than 200 girls from a boarding school in the remote town of Chibok in Borno state.

The group has also carried out a wave of bombings and assassinations, including that of moderate Muslim leaders opposed to its ideology.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 12:12pm On Aug 20, 2014
@GraigB
Greetings broer, hope you're fine long time no see wink wink wink wink wink

LOGOS in Apegerian engrish/Lagos is SINKING everyday.... cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin the former PORTUGESE SLAVE PORT is sinking thanx to Naaigayria theyr the cause.... grin grin grin grin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 12:39pm On Aug 20, 2014
one of you nija fvcks have been talking smack on /k/
http://boards.4chan.org/k/thread/22451691/what-the-best-african-army-only-military-expert

note how the westerners shot whoever it was right down cool cool
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 20, 2014
patches689: one of you nija fvcks have been talking smack on /k/
http://boards.4chan.org/k/thread/22451691/what-the-best-african-army-only-military-expert

note how the westerners shot whoever it was right down cool cool

Are you not now a drunk fvck, who gives a shit what a pig has to say. You're Posting irrelevant shit here, like a low self-esteem prick.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 1:43pm On Aug 20, 2014
Henry120:

Are you not now a drunk fvck, who gives a shit what a pig has to say. You're Posting irrelevant shit here, like a low self-esteem individual.

Does it hurt you that not only South Africans think your military to be inferior?

Judging by your emotional post... it does cheesy
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 20, 2014
patches689:

Does it hurt you that not only South Africans think your military to be inferior?

Judging by your emotional post... it does cheesy

Far from it.

The pigs probably think Africa is a country, so why bother. I didn't even bother clicking on the link.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 1:55pm On Aug 20, 2014
Henry120:

Far from it.

The pigs probably think Africa is a country, so why bother. I didn't even bother clicking on the link.

Finally flying your true colors

Racist scum.

And there are very knowladgeable posts there... they know what they are talking about.

Example:

I experienced the fighting qualities of my MOPOL when we were hit in ambush by armed robbers. My Mopol fell back on their E&E training, leaving 2 drivers to die
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 20, 2014
patches689:

Racist scum.

And there are very knowladgeable posts there... they know what they are talking about.

Example:

I experienced the fighting qualities of my MOPOL when we were hit in ambush by armed robbers. My Mopol fell back on their E&E training, leaving 2 drivers to die

Oh...... Now, I'm racist. For responding in kind, good.

What part of the nigerian military is MOPOL? Anyone can make-up shit over the internet.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:08pm On Aug 20, 2014
patches689:

Racist scum.

Example:

Yes ? Okay, your very knowledgeable posts includes this one from that your very source :

"In order from best to less best

>Nigeria
>Ghana
>Kenya
>Ethiopia
>South Africa

Any North African military would be absolutely torn to shreds by Nigeria or Ghana."

Nigeria is ranked number one military, South Africa is ranked number five shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:09pm On Aug 20, 2014
Henry120:

Oh...... Now, I'm racist. For responding in kind, good.

What part of the nigerian military is MOPOL? Anyone can make-up shit over the internet.

you referred to westerners as "pigs"

And according to Wiki "MOPOL" are the military wing of your police...

btw, I found a gem of a wiki page
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:10pm On Aug 20, 2014
agaugust:

Yes ? Okay, your very knowledgeable posts includes this one from that your very source :

"In order from best to less best

>Nigeria
>Ghana
>Kenya
>Ethiopia
>South Africa

Any North African military would be absolutely torn to shreds by Nigeria or Ghana."

Nigeria is ranked number one military, South Africa is ranked number five shocked shocked

Written by a Nigerian.

Do you want me to go count the posts that list South Africa, Algeria and Egypt as the undisputed top 3?

Also... the guy is clearly an slowpoke... Ghana would tear egypt to shreds?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:12pm On Aug 20, 2014
Nigerian police...

The constraints besetting the Mobile Police are enormous and varied. These range from lack of adequate office and barracks accommodation to a shortage of arms and ammunition, operational vehicles, communication equipment and non payment of allowances to personnel on emergency duties as at when due.[1]

The Mobile Police have been widely reported as brutal violators of human rights, particularly during the 1990s, which has earned them the nickname "Kill-and-Go" amongst the Nigerian population (this is because they are known to gun down innocent civilians and simply walk away with impunity). The MOPOL constitute one of the primary means of political repression employed by the Nigerian state for maintaining control over the population; they were involved in such cases as the oppression and occupation of Ogoniland and MOSOP in the mid-1990s, as well as the Ijaw and Itsekiri conflicts in the latter portion of the decade. Individual human rights abuses are too widespread for reportage, however, reports by the BBC include instances of "killing of a soccer fan over his T-shirt, the killing of five traders who were robbed and the shooting of a popular local musician after a musical performance over money".[2] As part of the Internal Security Task Force deployed in Ogoniland, police funded by Shell opened fire on unarmed protesters, "killing one person and wounding several others".[3]

The Mobile Police are also intimately connected to the security apparatus of the oil corporations operating in Nigeria, particularly the Niger Delta, as the companies are required to pay the requisite salaries and expenses of Mobile Police forces engaged in the protection of oil operations. Mobile Police are designated to the protection of company assets and, although the MOPOL are under state control, companies such as Shell have admitted to supplying arms and munitions to their MOPOL conditions. This has earned the MOPOL forces charged with guarding oil facilities titles of "Shell Police", "Mobil Police", and others.[4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Mobile_Police

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha - aaaaahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:15pm On Aug 20, 2014
CraigB: Rubbish military, I say.

Boko Haram crisis: Nigerian soldiers 'mutiny over weapons'

A group of soldiers in north-eastern Nigeria is refusing to fight Islamist Boko Haram militants until they receive better equipment, one of the mutineers has told the BBC.

The soldier, who requested anonymity, said at least 40 of his colleagues would refuse orders to deploy.

A defence ministry spokesman said the incident was being investigated.

A state of emergency that was declared in three north-eastern states last year has failed to curb the insurgency.

"Soldiers are dying like fowl,"
the soldier, who said he and his colleagues were just outside Maiduguri, told the BBC Hausa service.

"The Nigerian army is not ready to fight Boko Haram," he said, explaining that soldiers were not being given enough weapons and ammunition to take them on.

"Boko Haram are inside the bush, everywhere," he said "They [senior commanders] are sacrificing soldiers," he said.

Boko Haram is fighting to create an Islamic state in Nigeria - and has stepped up its attacks after being pushed out of its bases in Maiduguri, the capital of Borno state, targeting towns and villages in deadly raids

[size=14pt]Rubbish Post, BBC News Report From Unknown Soldier Is False...

http://www.punchng.com/news/40-soldiers-vow-not-to-fight-bharam-report/

"The Defence headquarters spokesman, Gen Chris Olukolade, told the BBC’s Focus on Africa programme that he could not confirm the reports of a mutiny but would investigate.

He denied that soldiers were being “sent to die”.

“We may not have all it takes but we are improving on it [equipment] regularly,” he said.

But the Defence Headquarters, in a statement on Tuesday denied the report that troops in the North -East had taken a decision to refuse to obey directives from superior officers.

Olukolade, said in an electronic mail on Tuesday , said the level of cowardice described in the report was not in the character of the Nigerian soldier.

He described the interview granted the BBC as lies by an anonymous soldier.

Olukolade said it was part of the the antics of mischief-makers to promote the course of the Boko Haram sect.

He stressed that the military had not sent any soldier to the frontline without providing the necessary equipment."

.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:16pm On Aug 20, 2014
agaugust:

[size=14pt]Rubbish Post, BBC News Report From Unknown Soldier Is False...

http://www.punchng.com/news/40-soldiers-vow-not-to-fight-bharam-report/

"The Defence headquarters spokesman, Gen Chris Olukolade, told the BBC’s Focus on Africa programme that he could not confirm the reports of a mutiny but would investigate.

He denied that soldiers were being “sent to die”.

“We may not have all it takes but we are improving on it [equipment] regularly,” he said.

But the Defence Headquarters, in a statement on Tuesday denied the report that troops in the North -East had taken a decision to refuse to obey directives from superior officers.

Olukolade, said in an electronic mail on Tuesday , said the level of cowardice described in the report was not in the character of the Nigerian soldier.

He described the interview granted the BBC as lies by an anonymous soldier.

Olukolade said it was part of the the antics of mischief-makers to promote the course of the Boko Haram sect.

He stressed that the military had not sent any soldier to the frontline without providing the necessary equipment."

.[/size]

o, its from ukraine just because you say it is?

Tell me, is Boko Haram very active in the Ukraine?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 20, 2014
patches689:

MOPOL is not part of the military. They're the SWAT unit of the nigerian police.

I don't see how that's racist.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by HandOfChukwu: 2:22pm On Aug 20, 2014
patches689:

What's wrong with referring to white people as pigs? They both look alike and they also behave alike, I don't see what the problem is....is it because you are ashamed that you look and smell the same as a piece of pink pig swine?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 20, 2014
patches689: Nigerian police...

The constraints besetting the Mobile Police are enormous and varied. These range from lack of adequate office and barracks accommodation to a shortage of arms and ammunition, operational vehicles, communication equipment and non payment of allowances to personnel on emergency duties as at when due.[1]

The Mobile Police have been widely reported as brutal violators of human rights, particularly during the 1990s, which has earned them the nickname "Kill-and-Go" amongst the Nigerian population (this is because they are known to gun down innocent civilians and simply walk away with impunity). The MOPOL constitute one of the primary means of political repression employed by the Nigerian state for maintaining control over the population; they were involved in such cases as the oppression and occupation of Ogoniland and MOSOP in the mid-1990s, as well as the Ijaw and Itsekiri conflicts in the latter portion of the decade. Individual human rights abuses are too widespread for reportage, however, reports by the BBC include instances of "killing of a soccer fan over his T-shirt, the killing of five traders who were robbed and the shooting of a popular local musician after a musical performance over money".[2] As part of the Internal Security Task Force deployed in Ogoniland, police funded by Shell opened fire on unarmed protesters, "killing one person and wounding several others".[3]

The Mobile Police are also intimately connected to the security apparatus of the oil corporations operating in Nigeria, particularly the Niger Delta, as the companies are required to pay the requisite salaries and expenses of Mobile Police forces engaged in the protection of oil operations. Mobile Police are designated to the protection of company assets and, although the MOPOL are under state control, companies such as Shell have admitted to supplying arms and munitions to their MOPOL conditions. This has earned the MOPOL forces charged with guarding oil facilities titles of "Shell Police", "Mobil Police", and others.[4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Mobile_Police

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha - aaaaahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Yeah, same old same old. Very predictable.

Yet the state of Arizona has more kidnappings than the entire Niger-delta region.

The rioters in Ferguson, missouri, are merry makers.

The Pigs are back in Iraq after 8years.

Yawn!!!!!!!, tell me another fairy tale.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by PrinxArthur1(m): 2:26pm On Aug 20, 2014
NIGERIAN AIR FORCE, NIMASA
SHOWCASE THE FIRST OF SEVEN
INCOMING ISR PLANES; GEARED
TOWARDS CHECKING THE
ACTIVITIES OF PIRATES AND
ILLEGAL BUNKERERS IN THE
MARITIME DOMAIN

6 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:35pm On Aug 20, 2014
HandOfChukwu: What's wrong with referring to white people as pigs? They both look alike and they also behave alike, I don't see what the problem is....is it because you are ashamed that you look and smell the same as a piece of pink pig swine?

"its ok to call black people chimps.They all look the same, I dont see what the problem is... is it because you are ashamed that you look and smell the same as a sub-human that has no major accomplishments except for AIDs and throwing poo?"

In my experience, racists, are generally unintelligent and economically marginalized (that means poor), they normally also feel threatened by the perceived superiority or strength of the race which they despise.

Im colored btw

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:36pm On Aug 20, 2014
Henry120:

MOPOL is not part of the military. They're the SWAT unit of the nigerian police.

I don't see how that's racist.

So could I call you a chimp? ape?

You disgust me.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:36pm On Aug 20, 2014
Henry120:

Yeah, same old same old. Very predictable.

Yet the state of Arizona has more kidnappings than the entire Niger-delta region.

The rioters in Ferguson, missouri, are merry makers.

The Pigs are back in Iraq after 8years.

Yawn!!!!!!!, tell me another fairy tale.

America is not a failed state and does not top the world terror rankings.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 2:37pm On Aug 20, 2014
The best colonel in Africa is Lt. Col AGU. He deserves the award of being the fastest of all colonels in the world when it comes to taking to the heels in a war zone.

The only thing that he must do is to go back and return the dress he stole on the washing line. Pls, Lt Col Agu, the lady need the dress, she has nothing to wear.

@Agaugust please if you meet him just get the message across. Please!!!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 20, 2014
patches689:

I might be many things, but certainly not racist. People view Africa, with a narrow view point, so I reciprocate.

I don't see how reciprocation is been racist.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:39pm On Aug 20, 2014
Henry120:

I might be many things, but certainly not racist. People view Africa, with a narrow view point, so I reciprocate.

I don't see how reciprocation is been racist.

Wtf are you even talking about?

I guess you are having another one of your now famous break-downs
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 20, 2014
patches689:

So could I call you a chimp? ape?

You disgust me.

So should I start posting the comments in that link on here, so we actually know who's racist?

It's not a question about disgust.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:43pm On Aug 20, 2014
Henry120:

So should I start posting the comments in that link on here, so we actually know who's racist?

It's not a question about disgust.

- there are some racist people on ANONYMOUS FORUM with MILLIONS of users
- this entitles me to behave as a racist and make blanket statements

Sound logic there buddy.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 20, 2014
patches689:

America is not a failed state and does not top the world terror rankings.

Neither is nigeria. Nigeria is the 26th largest economy in the world, I cannot categorise such an economy as a failed state.

The U.S has spent 20+ years battling terrorism. It is by no means a solely nigerian problem.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 20, 2014
patches689:

Wtf are you even talking about?

I guess you are having another one of your now famous break-downs

What break-down?

You're the person you posted a racist link here, yet you're accusing me of racism.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1055) (1056) (1057) (1058) (1059) (1060) (1061) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.