Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,571 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1593) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4439020 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1590) (1591) (1592) (1593) (1594) (1595) (1596) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 21, 2014
Henry120:

Mumu.
Doos.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Dec 21, 2014
agaugust:

Very poor air maneuver by the SAAF Gripen pilot, he was afraid to do real combat maneuvers for attack and defence.

Your SAAF pilot did air show for civilians, compare him to Algerian pilot below. SAAF has NO SINGLE qualified Gripen jet pilot today !

Compare South African UN-QUALIFIED pilot and QUALIFIED Algerian pilot below in the videos :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHwVJY5TyW0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFjO-kWuBBE

Is that plane allowed to do that? shocked shocked shocked shocked

How, why, why manipulate the laws of physics.

The SU-30 is indeed a beast, this SU-30 video is by far the best military video i've seen.

Is such manoeuvrability even legal?

This is by far the most manoeuvrable fighter I have seen. Who even does that?

The Algerian and Ugandan pilots are sure very happy pilots. The bend, the free fall and a swoop. No one messes with the SU-30.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 21, 2014
jln115:

You Nigerians should really edit wikipedia ,seeing that its only rarely called Nigerian Armed Forces.

This is why we don't quote wiki, you south-africans are always editing your wiki page with fraud and lies.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Dec 21, 2014
Henry120:

This is why we don't quote wiki, you south-africans are always editing your wiki page with fraud and lies.
Actually thats why i brought it up, the only sources Nigerians ever quote are Wikipedia and Beegle Blog.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Dec 21, 2014
jln115:

If you say:"Old military doctrines linger in Nigeria's political space, the military believes they owe nobody any obligations over their procurements." then how do you(a member of the public) now about all the T-72s Nigeria supposedly acquired?

And then you also said:" I suspect these T-72's are from belarus"

So that proves your not sure which tanks are in the Nigerian Armys inventory.

And lastly you said:"Augustine's photo is just another confirmation of Nigerian army T-72's" but how can you believe this photo, if you yourself said photos dont prove anything?

Members of the Public know about military purchases through media briefings, always in general terms, no specifics are provided.

The Military usually goes like this, "the President has approved the purchase of helicopters and fighter jets for the Airforce, and we are also looking to purchase additional surveillance planes".

Or the army says, we have been receiving new equipments and more are incoming.

Members of the public like myself and other Nigerians on this thread, who obviously want to know more, start searching the Net for possible sellers. Based on our past military procurements, we know what countries lethal and non-lethal equipment might be coming from.

I suspect the T-72's are coming in from belarus because the Airforce is getting 12 up-graded MI-35 helicopters from belarus, different from the orders from russia. Since, the ukraine is currently embroiled in a Crisis, belarus seems the alternative option to Russia.

We are sure of the Tanks in Nigerian Army inventory.

Now this is why I asked if you visit the other thread, Augustine's photo comes from a soldier in the field, same as most of the Nigerian military photos in the other thread. The Nigerian army rarely releases photos.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Dec 21, 2014
jln115:

Actually thats why i brought it up, the only sources Nigerians ever quote are Wikipedia and Beegle Blog.

Beeg's blog is the only authoritative source on the Nigerian military.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Dec 21, 2014
Henry120:

Members of the Public know about military purchases through media briefings, always in general terms, no specifics are provided.

The Military usually goes like this, "the President has approved the purchase of helicopters and fighter jets for the Airforce, and we are also looking to purchase additional surveillance planes".

Or the army says, we have been receiving new equipments and more are incoming.

Members of the public like myself and other Nigerians on this thread, who obviously want to know more, start searching the Net for possible sellers. Based on our past military procurements, we know what countries lethal and non-lethal equipment might be coming from.

I suspect the T-72's are coming in from belarus because the Airforce is getting 12 up-graded MI-35 helicopters from belarus, different from the orders from russia. Since, the ukraine is currently embroiled in a Crisis, belarus seems the alternative option to Russia.

We are sure of the Tanks in Nigerian Army inventory.

Now this is why I asked if you visit the other thread, Augustine's photo comes from a soldier in the field, same as most of the Nigerian military photos in the other thread. The Nigerian army rarely releases photos.
Ok no problem, but when i post photos of 12 Gripen Pilots all of a sudden my photos dont prove anything? But when you post photos of F-7 pilots you expect me to believe you! Trust me ill be happy for Nigeria if you guys really have T-72s , all i asked for was proof, and the proof you guys give me are Photos, but when i post photos of the SANDF or SAAF you call me a fraud and then i post a source to prove it and @Auguast claim i photoshopped the photos!

BTW i know the Leo2 isnt in service with the SANDF, that was just me being sarcastic.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Dec 21, 2014
Henry120:

Yes Mate but unfortunately its still a blog, meaning someone like you or me, or worse @Auagust can write what ever the fck we like.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 1:39am On Dec 22, 2014
Henry120:

And your Rand has performed worse than the Naira this year.

The only service broke here is your SAAF. It is written all around you, from your 9 Gripen pilots to your 3 C-130's for a 1.2 million KM area.

They all scream....... broke.

Because our press have the freedom to raise such points - unlike yours

Iff we are broke with practically the same budget as you - and not fighting a war- what is the state of the NAF??

Lol
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 1:39am On Dec 22, 2014
agaugust:

You have ZERO re-engineering and construction skills in South Africa. Your country cannot slant a vertical tube to horizontal position.

Reason why Chinese engineers are your masters in defense manufacturing industry worldwide. ANC fools !

Ok, whatever

Fact is- it needs VLS
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 1:41am On Dec 22, 2014
agaugust:

Very poor air maneuver by the SAAF Gripen pilot, he was afraid to do real combat maneuvers for attack and defence.

Your SAAF pilot did air show for civilians, compare him to Algerian pilot below. SAAF has NO SINGLE qualified Gripen jet pilot today !

Compare South African UN-QUALIFIED pilot and QUALIFIED Algerian pilot below in the videos :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHwVJY5TyW0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFjO-kWuBBE

Why are suddenly talking about algerians?? You said no Gripen pilota are qualified - i gave you one
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 1:43am On Dec 22, 2014
agaugust:

Fool, Swingfire is British, T-72 tank is Russian so it carries a Russian ATGM. Fool !

Its a snorkel
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 1:45am On Dec 22, 2014
agaugust:

Nope, it is a small civilian satellite built for civilian Russian ministry called ministry of defense, confirmed by Russia itself
tongue tongue

Augugbug

You are wasting everyones time

Its a military sattellight built for the ministry of defence - if its only use is by the military, its a military item
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 1:47am On Dec 22, 2014
[quote author=agaugust post=29082349][/quote]

They dont say anything about it being civilian grade there

Stop wasting our time with symantic arguments

In use solely with the military= military item
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 1:48am On Dec 22, 2014
Henry120:

So, when is mexico coming to pick up the Gripens?

only after boko haram sets up in abuja

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 1:50am On Dec 22, 2014
Henry120:

You have no money, you have no pilots, you have no aviation fuel.

How do you plan on putting the Gripens in the air, through wishes? undecided undecided

It won't work.

18 000 hours should be enough to get them trained up
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 1:51am On Dec 22, 2014
Henry120:

Nigerian F-7 pilots who also passed out.

Lol no

Thats every pilot in the NAF
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 2:14am On Dec 22, 2014
Henry120:

The SU-30 is indeed a beast, this SU-30 video is by far the best military video i've seen.

The Algerian and Ugandan pilots are sure very happy pilots. The bend, the free fall and a swoop. No one messes with the SU-30.

Those are low level low speed mauevers deaigned for aborting carrier landings
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 6:21am On Dec 22, 2014
rka1:

“The military is now better equipped and more confident. Its newly acquired T72 tank is devastating. Boko Haram bombed it using suicide bombers with a pickup packed with explosives but to no avail. Only scratches. And the beast moved on.
Communities are still riddled with bullets and IEDs. The military is doing a lot of cleaning up

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/172275-exclusive-inside-nigerian-militarys-renewed-offensive-boko-haram-terrorists-now-run.html

This news are killing your friends claims. Bwahahaha…
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 6:32am On Dec 22, 2014
Henry120:

NAF stands for Nigerian Airforce, there isn't an acronym for the Nigerian armed forces. There is no SANDF with the Nigerian armed forces.

Wow!! wow!! wow!!! Man your mind is messed up. It needs some Christmas break.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 6:34am On Dec 22, 2014
Henry120:

Are you drunk, we hold multiple major exercises yearly.

Troops are getting on the ground exercises with real combat situations.
Your military specially army don't hold large exercises.

"Real combat situation" by shooting at targets that don't shoot back? Meaning your soldiers don't know how to react, when facing great resistance.

Your military is doesn't hold exercises.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 6:38am On Dec 22, 2014
Henry120:

Nigerian F-7 pilots who also passed out.
Prove it.

Besides we know your pilots aren't that well trained.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 6:45am On Dec 22, 2014
Henry120:

Normal for a super manoeuvrable fighter.

Ugandan pilots aren't that happy, cause of their salaries.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 6:46am On Dec 22, 2014
Henry120:

Actually it is the Nigerian page edited with lies. And we know the people responsible.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 6:47am On Dec 22, 2014
Henry120:

The lad is full of lies.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by stillchris: 7:27am On Dec 22, 2014
wow!!! there is truly a low morale in tge military as predicted by our ignorant wise saffers.

DAMATURU – Boko Haram Insurgents, Weekend,
attacked security formations in Damagum, the
headquarters of Fune Local Government Area of Yobe
state. Damagum is 73 kilometres away from Damaturu the
Yobe state capital. A resident, Mallam Abubakar Ali Damagum who
escaped the attacks told our Correspondent that the
insurgents who came to the town around 6pm on
Friday engaged security forces.

The resident added that, “the insurgents attacked
the military unit command in Damagum, the
Divisional Police station of the area, as well as, the
police barracks and the official resident of the Local
Government chairman.” Residents said the security operatives on ground
stood firm in repelling the attack as the insurgents
who came in large numbers using Hilux Vehicles and
motorcycles later beat a retreat chanting war songs.
Confirming the incident, the chairman of Fune local
government council, Mr Digma Gana disclosed that
no life was lost either on the side of the security
forces, the residents or the insurgents
. He also reveals that the local government education
department (LGED) and the office of the
International Fund for Agricultural Development
(IFAD) were set ablaze by the hoodlums. The chairman also said two Toyota Hilux Vehicles
belonging to the Council Area as well as the old
Government Lodge and the Guest House of the Emir
of Fune were burnt during the assault.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by stillchris: 7:28am On Dec 22, 2014
Patchesagain:

Lol no

Thats every pilot in the NAF

and also an alfa jet behind them. blind man
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 7:50am On Dec 22, 2014
Henry120:

Your Problem, Fact is, you only have 9 Gripen Pilots. Proven multiple times.

Outdated info.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 8:02am On Dec 22, 2014
Group of new fighter pilots after pass out parade

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:15am On Dec 22, 2014
FighterPilot:
Group of new propeller plane pilots after pass out parade
fixed

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by stillchris: 8:19am On Dec 22, 2014
FighterPilot:

Wow!! wow!! wow!!! Man your mind is messed up. It needs some Christmas break.

i pity your son. to have a dad with such low IQ must be very sad.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 22, 2014
Patchesagain:

Because our press have the freedom to raise such points - unlike yours

Iff we are broke with practically the same budget as you - and not fighting a war- what is the state of the NAF??

Lol

We have the Freedom of information law in Nigeria. You don't in South-Africa.

No, your resources have been squandered, this is way your A109 fleet is grounded, only have 3 C-130's and your 9 pilots only fly 1hr30mins per month in the Gripen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1590) (1591) (1592) (1593) (1594) (1595) (1596) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.