Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,382 members, 7,819,393 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1883) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4440105 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1880) (1881) (1882) (1883) (1884) (1885) (1886) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by rka1: 5:45pm On Mar 05, 2015
DieVluit:

More aid to the hapless Nigeria.

More hi-tech transfers. Are you getting worried?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 5:46pm On Mar 05, 2015
rka1:

Whatever tickles your fancy my man grin

You and I are "like this". I got you man. I got you. You know, if it doesn't personally come from the general himself - in person - we won't even look at it.

Thanks man. Good deal!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 5:48pm On Mar 05, 2015
rka1:

More hi-tech transfers. Are you getting worried?

CAE-AVIATION Luxembourg, a leading European based Aviation Company has sought ties with the Nigerian Armed Forces in providing full turnkey Airborne Ground Surveillance and Reconnaissance services (AGSR) to aid flight operations and intelligence gathering, especially in the maritime sector.

Feel free to point out where it says that.

Cause "services" was not high-tech transfers the last time I checked. Even South African mercenaries provide services.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 6:14pm On Mar 05, 2015
This Chad story is something we extensively put to rest since the 3rd of February. The phantom SA mercenary story is a waste of time. All sorted, debunked and put to rest long ago!

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 6:33pm On Mar 05, 2015
NaijaPikinGidi:
This Chad story is something we extensively put to rest since the 3rd of February. The phantom SA mercenary story is a waste of time. All sorted, debunked and put to rest long ago!

SA mercenaries is not a phantom but a reality, but the truth shall always prevail. Soon, everything will become clearer.

http://www.issafrica.org/iss-today/business-as-unusual-goodluck-jonathan-privatises-nigerian-relations-with-south-africa
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Mar 05, 2015
saengine:

Ex SADF members, even though former soldiers, are NOT members of the SANDF. They do not report to anyone within the SANDF...they are civilians. The high level clearance between governments could simply be the acknowledgement between governments that South African citizens will be dealing with the Nigerian Military. So that Abuja and Pretoria are aware of what's going on....say for example if a South African gets killed.

Our Minister of Defence will understanably be angry. From the Iraqi to Afghan wars, the defence minister has always threatened to arrest SA civilians working as mercenaries. Even though there are hundreds in those countries.

Think........ I expect you to think saengine.

The report claims that Abuja and Pretoria have an understanding on this matter, so there should be no qualms on this matter.

Yet the same paper goes on to say that the minister is un aware of a situation under her jurisdiction which Abuja and Pretoria supposedly have an agreement on. undecided undecided undecided .......... how?

This paper also claims Americans who where kicked out months ago are involved in the so called offensive. Does this report sincerely make any sense to you?

Fact is, you south-africans cooked up a story to feel relevant, and the south-african government runs a banana regime.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by rka1: 7:35pm On Mar 05, 2015
Defence HQ Nigeria
FLASH:Troops are now in full control of Mafa, Borno State after completing the operation to clear terrorists from the town yesterday evening.

Smoking! cool

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by rka1: 7:36pm On Mar 05, 2015
DieVluit:

CAE-AVIATION Luxembourg, a leading European based Aviation Company has sought ties with the Nigerian Armed Forces in providing full turnkey Airborne Ground Surveillance and Reconnaissance services (AGSR) to aid flight operations and intelligence gathering, especially in the maritime sector.

Feel free to point out where it says that.

Cause "services" was not high-tech transfers the last time I checked. Even South African mercenaries provide services.

And from services you get what? grin cool

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by rka1: 7:38pm On Mar 05, 2015
DieVluit:

You and I are "like this". I got you man. I got you. You know, if it doesn't personally come from the general himself - in person - we won't even look at it.

Thanks man. Good deal!

I'm glad we have an understanding wink

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 7:44pm On Mar 05, 2015
Henry120:

The report claims that Abuja and Pretoria have an understanding on this matter, so there should be no qualms on this matter.

Yet the same paper goes on to say that the minister is un aware of a situation under her jurisdiction which Abuja and Pretoria supposedly have an agreement on. undecided undecided undecided .......... how?

This paper also claims Americans who where kicked out months ago are involved in the so called offensive. Does this report sincerely make any sense to you?

Fact is, you south-africans cooked up a story to feel relevant, and the south-african government runs a banana regime.

I can see that you are badly hurt by the news. Rather, wait and see.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 8:20pm On Mar 05, 2015
rka1:

I'm glad we have an understanding wink

Glad we have an understanding about the uselessness of your journalists.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 8:21pm On Mar 05, 2015
Henry120:

Oh but the butthurt..

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Mar 05, 2015
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Mar 05, 2015
DieVluit:

In summary, because they referenced south african media, nigerian media cannot be trusted to know what they are talking about.

They are so unprofessional that they just publish anything and present it as fact without knowing whether they can stand by their stories.

Ok, great. That says a lot.
stupiid goat, your news24 references Nigeria's premiumtimes like there's no tomorrow plus they publish similar articles from AFP and AP [same day]..laced with typographical errors that can wake the dead. you shouldn't be commenting on matters you're clueless about

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 8:50pm On Mar 05, 2015
iterator24:
stupiid goat, your news24 references Nigeria's premiumtimes like there's no tomorrow[b] plus they publish similar articles from AFP and AP [same day]..laced[/b] with typographical errors that can wake the dead. you shouldn't be commenting on matters you're clueless about

LOL Exactly, Mr I don't get sarcasm.

Therefore, based on your post, you can't dismiss the mercenaries story based on the fact that South African media is quoted. Everyone publishes everyone's articles as you soooooo cleverly pointed out.

Glad we agree. You should think before you shoot yourself in the foot.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by rka1: 9:07pm On Mar 05, 2015
DieVluit:

Glad we have an understanding about the uselessness of your journalists.

Always what we tried to tell you Southies when you happily post disparaging articles from journalists who don't know their tanks from their fighter jets.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 9:09pm On Mar 05, 2015
rka1:

Always what we tried to tell you Southies when you happily post disparaging articles from journalists who don't know their tanks from their fighter jets.

What you have told us is that Nigerian journalists are crap

Everyone else can be trusted with foreign sources, but not Nigerians. They don't know what they are doing. You said that. I merely confirmed it and we reached an understanding.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 9:12pm On Mar 05, 2015
Naijapikoon and rka, why are you crying? Monkeys

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 05, 2015
DieVluit:

LOL Exactly, Mr I don't get sarcasm.

Therefore, based on your post, you can't dismiss the mercenaries story based on the fact that South African media is quoted. Everyone publishes everyone's articles as you soooooo cleverly pointed out.

Glad we agree. You should think before you shoot yourself in the foot.
a goat can be quoted for political gains.... its the election season mate... be smart

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 10:05pm On Mar 05, 2015
iterator24:
a goat can be quoted for political gains.... its the election season mate... be smart

Which is why nigerian journalists are crap. A reflection of nigerian education and society. No journalistic integrity

We are aligned.

Everyone else in the world happily uses foreign sources and can be trusted with them. But nigerians cant be. The journalists over there are rubbish. It's a jungle.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 10:07pm On Mar 05, 2015
Henry120:

Civilians are not under the jurisdiction of the minister of defence. Ex defence force member, even though trained soldiers, become civilians when they walk out of their base for the last time. Understand now?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Mar 05, 2015
saengine:

Civilians are not under the jurisdiction of the minister of defence. Ex defence force member, even though trained soldiers, become civilians when they walk out of their base for the last time. Understand now?

The sort of Education you guys in South-Africa receive is just sad.

You don't understand your own article undecided undecided
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 10:48pm On Mar 05, 2015
Henry120:

The sort of Education you guys in South-Africa receive is just sad.

You don't understand your own article undecided undecided

A Nigerian high level minister linked to your military can talk to a South African high level minister linked to our home affairs department for example. Just to make sure they are both aware that there are South Africans in Nigeria, conducting such operations....incase one of them gets killed for example. Our defence minister does not come into the picture because she has no control over South African civilans, nor does she have any control over who the Nigerian military decide to work with. And yes...she will be very and and annoyed when she finds out about such operations. Which she had been.

I've dumbed that down as much as i can. Take a few days to read it over and over again.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 10:58pm On Mar 05, 2015
Henry120:

You piece of sh1t!!!!

How dare you compare that obsolete half-french helicopter your government doesn't want to the Rafale.

The Rafale is a high end 4++ fighter, it's capabilities were never in doubt, plus it had also carried out long range bombing/surveillance Operations in actual wars.

The Rooivalk was rejected everywhere it went because of it's capabilities. Even the british who have strong cultural ties with South-Africa rejected it.

The Rooivalk is a bad.....bad Helicopter. The incompetent SANDF proves this with only 10 units in active service.

Fool, your Analogy doesn't fit into the picture.

The Algerians want to build fauch APC's at home, the Algerians have to pay more.

The Algerians also want to build T-90's at home, they also have to pay more.

The Indians want to build Rafales at home, the Indians have to pay more.

No company has all the component it needs at home. Components purchase from outside sources are common place in the Defence industry.

The J.S.F programme isn't even 100% American.

Fact: Selling aircraft is a tricky thing, capabilities often have nothing to do with sales.

Bad? Tell us why?

That's such deals it create jobs and stuff.

The USA can develop and field the J.S.F alone, but that would be costly.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 11:06pm On Mar 05, 2015
rka1:
Defence HQ Nigeria
FLASH:Troops are now in full control of Mafa, Borno State after completing the operation to clear terrorists from the town yesterday evening.

Smoking! cool
BH is not a national army that will be destroyed conventionally.

Remember their initial urban terr.or campaign?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by overhypedsteve(m): 12:11am On Mar 06, 2015
Msauza:

I can see that you are badly hurt by the news. Rather, wait and see.
you see. its kinda painful to know that the person you re trying to educate have signed a pact with stup1dity.
So if south African merceneries are out here in Nigeria how do you think that would present your government, I mean you re just a country of 40 mil citizens and the government can't keep track of her ex service men, the government cannot arrange for them to be subpeoned back home, it just sit there and say some of our citizens are out there fighting a war that is not theirs we ll arrest you when you come home, i mean it would be a different problem if it was in a place like syria where the political apparatus of the other state have collapsed and both state do not maintain any form of Dip channel. Your ex service men are in search of the cheapest of engagement and will stroll round the world saying " hire me, I am a mercenery, I know how to shoot and I can also teach you new ways of driving your cars and tanks"
Dude the day you bring up solid evidence ( not from your a55 this time) that there re indeed south African merceneries aiding Nigeria in this war then I would have to give up my citizenship and stroll to. Neighbouring Benin rep. You really do believe we run a mafialike government over here? No we don't for Nigeria to succeed and stick together as the largest most culturally diverce country in Africa we have had to ensure that some of the most brilliant minds that the world have ever seen operate the government, that is who we re and that is a fact that your mobile keypad cannot change.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:15am On Mar 06, 2015
saengine:

A Nigerian high level minister linked to your military can talk to a South African high level minister linked to our home affairs department for example. Just to make sure they are both aware that there are South Africans in Nigeria, conducting such operations....incase one of them gets killed for example.
I never expected a knowledgeable answer, thanks for proving me right.

Not only have you shown your government runs an incompetent regime, you have again proven South-Africa is a banana republic.

According to you, for every fairytale south-african mercenary, the minister of the interior calls up your home affairs minister, who then keeps this information of ex-SADF soldiers away from the appropriate authority(Defence minister)?cry cry cry

I mean.......... does this make any sense to you? just say you were joking.

saengine:

Our defence minister does not come into the picture because she has no control over South African civilans, nor does she have any control over who the Nigerian military decide to work with. And yes...she will be very and and annoyed when she finds out about such operations. Which she had been.

I've dumbed that down as much as i can. Take a few days to read it over and over again.

That fat woman comes into the picture because your fairytale mercenaries are EX-SADF. People who fall under her jurisdiction.

What a pathetic country.

Your Defence minister and the entire cabinet of the mickey mouse President should be disbanded.

You run a mediocre government in south-africa.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:10am On Mar 06, 2015
MikeCZAR:
Fact: Selling aircraft is a tricky thing, capabilities often have nothing to do with sales.

Bad? Tell us why?

That's such deals it create jobs and stuff.

The USA can develop and field the J.S.F alone, but that would be costly.

Nothing "tricky" about the Rooivalk. Nobody just wants it. Not even your government. It is an obsolete piece of crap.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:16am On Mar 06, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGmyZ5AK1jk

[size=16pt]Black man giving hot pepper to BBC live face to face !

True son of Naija ! Other African countries don't have this kind of courage.

The Nigerian courage in the face of white-supremacists that makes them hate us and wish us evil.

Looking for the downfall of the only black giant on earth? Never !
.[/size]

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 2:30am On Mar 06, 2015
agaugust:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGmyZ5AK1jk

[size=16pt]Black man giving hot pepper to BBC live face to face !

True son of Naija !
.[/size]

Sure dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6Rmq9zEzCU
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 5:10am On Mar 06, 2015
Henry120:

Not only have you shown your government runs an incompetent regime, you have again proven South-Africa is a banana republic.

According to you, for every fairytale south-african mercenary, the minister of the interior calls up your home affairs minister, who then keeps this information of ex-SADF soldiers away from the appropriate authority(Defence minister)?cry cry cry

That fat woman comes into the picture because your fairytale mercenaries are EX-SADF. People who fall under her jurisdiction.

What a pathetic country.

Your Defence minister and the entire cabinet of the mickey mouse President should be disbanded.

Unlike most people here i have little time to waste, particularly on the same topic, and morever with you. If you want to keep insisting that civilians fall under department of defence jurisdiction, cool. I wont stop you. Article does not specify the type of high level talks, i was giving an example of how our minister of defence doesnt have to be informed. What authority/power does she have to stop them?

I quite enjoy living in my 3rd world, mickey mouse, pathetic, banana republic country. So I'm chilled.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 5:29am On Mar 06, 2015
Henry120:

What a pathetic country.

Minister of defence is not accountable to ex-apartheid soldiers and neither is she accountable for their whereabout. It is not her responsibility to know where they are and how are they doing. They are now free citizens of SA. dummy. The minister is only accountable to SANDF and not private affairs. It works like that in every civilised country whether in America, UK, Canada, etc everywhere mercenaries exist. Mercenaries do not serve under the umbrella of official armed forces, perhaps only in Nigeria a banana republic.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1880) (1881) (1882) (1883) (1884) (1885) (1886) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.