Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,182 members, 7,842,425 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2523) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4455344 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2520) (2521) (2522) (2523) (2524) (2525) (2526) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:24pm On Aug 23, 2015
ssaengine:

If I ever type one more letter to you after this, may God strike me dead. I said "If you are going to steal missile technology, steal it before you develop your own so that you have a base to start from". It is only in your own head where you heard me saying how hard it is to steal missile technology. There is no practical point in stealing missile technology, and adding it you your own systems which have completely different operating codes and algorithms. I have already asked you how China has been able to steal American military technology (google it), you ran away.

Everybody accuses China of copying them, envy, envy, envy. Did America not copy MRAP technology from Africa?

Allegations with no proof, America suspects and accuses everybody else, only them are holy in their own sight.

China has 100 km range artillery superior to the rest of the world, so who did they steal the technology from?

China built the world's first hypersonic aircraft carrier killer missile, whom did China steal that super technology from?

http://www.asian-defence.net/2012/11/China-Developed-CM-400AKG-Pakistans-Hypersonic-Carrier-Killer-Missile-For-JF-17.html

China is building stealth cruise missile, South Africa cannot build stealth missiles, so they stole that technology from you also?

China's annual investment in indigenous research and development can provide free food for the 50 million mouths in South Africa.

When people challenge your comments, you scream and yell like an immature 4 year old boy.

Go to blazes if you wish !
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 10:25pm On Aug 23, 2015
agaugust:

Badger has only steel armour NOT composite armour like the newest BMP-3. Ordinary heavy machine gun from Boko Haram will penetrate Badger armour.

Rooikat 76mm ? Now you want to combine two different South African vehicles to match one Russian vehicle....I thought your product is said to be among the best on earth.

Mongoose self defense is NOT operational, but BMP-3 self defense is already in service. Russia is ahead of you by far.

G-6 has NO guided ammunition today, Chinq is ahead of you, world artillery championship is China with 100 km range, deal with it, stop changing story to....."we too can improve" .....you are not among the best today, that is the fact, mumu

BADGER WILL UNDOUBTEDLY BE THE BEST IFV IN THE WORLD. CURRENTLY THAT POSITION IS TAKEN BY PATRIA IFV, BUT AS SOON AS BADGER ENTER SERVICE THAT POSITION WILL GO DOWN TO THE MIGHTY BADGER.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 10:30pm On Aug 23, 2015
agaugust:

Everybody accuses China of copying them, envy, envy, envy. Did America not copy MRAP technology from Africa?

Allegations with no proof, America suspects and accuses everybody else, only them are holy in their own sight.

China has 100 km range artillery superior to the rest of the world, so who did they steal the technology from?

We are not accusing China here. All that we are asking is for them to pay for what they are doing. They should ask for a licence legally and pay for it. Surely, it will not be good if I can come and steal from you illegally.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:42pm On Aug 23, 2015
mzilakazi:

We are not accusing China here. All that we are asking is for them to pay for what they are doing. They should ask for a licence legally and pay for it. Surely, it will not be good if I can come and steal from you illegally.

China's annual investment in indigenous research and development can provide free food for the 50 million mouths in South Africa.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 10:54pm On Aug 23, 2015
agaugust:

You are non-combatant, you are an admin work related air force man, yet you say you were deployed with combatant army units in Dafur? Even if you pay bribes, nobody will post you there.

Your comment got 6 likes....people love your lies and comedy

Hehehehe!!! So does that worry you that I got 6likes? Hopefully some of your brothers gave me some "likes" because they can see that you have fallen from grace. I am not an admin staff nor a non combatant member, surely those are reference of a civilian. I am not any of those. I am a uniformed member who underwent rigorous and toughest basic military training, proceeded to officers formative courses and headed for military academy for a qualification in one of the top 10 military academies in the world. I am trained as combatant. I thank you.

7 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 10:56pm On Aug 23, 2015
agaugust:

Well but they are investing all that the wrong way by stealing from others.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 23, 2015
agaugust:

Badger has only steel armour NOT composite armour like the newest BMP-3. Ordinary heavy machine gun from Boko Haram will penetrate Badger armour.

Rooikat 76mm ? Now you want to combine two different South African vehicles to match one Russian vehicle....I thought your product is said to be among the best on earth.

Mongoose self defense is NOT operational, but BMP-3 self defense is already in service. Russia is ahead of you by far.

G-6 has NO guided ammunition today, Chinq is ahead of you, world artillery championship is China with 100 km range, deal with it, stop changing story to....."we too can improve" .....you are not among the best today, that is the fact, mumu
1. You have know idea what the armour of the bager is like!!
2. I said we make some of the best IFVs in the world not just 1 single vehicle and yes what makes the BMP better than the Badger? just its Gun? P.S the Ratel has a 90mm gun, does that make it better than the new Badger?
3. The LEDS 150 is operational with several militaries around the world!
4. How far does the PLZ shoot a standard shell, and how far does a G6 shoot a standard shell. P.S a G6 can also fire guided ammunition!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Aug 23, 2015
[b]Nigerian Air Force intercepts, destroys Boko Haram transport trucks

Two trailers suspected to be carrying logistics support to members of the Boko Haram Terrorist sect have been intercepted and destroyed by the Nigerian Air Force Agusta helicopter on armed reconnaissance mission around the Nigeria-Cameroon border.
The trailers were covered and parked at different locations in the bush around the border town of Belel. The recent air operation against the BHTs was commanded by the Chief of the Air Staff, CAS, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar from NAF reconnaissance aircraft, the King Air 350i. The CAS coordinated the various NAF platforms involved in the operation to provide close air support to ground forces, led by the Chief of the Army Staff, Lt Gen Tukur Buratai, as they advance from Dikwa to Gamboru Ngala.
Meanwhile, NAF 260, a Mi-24V attack helicopter was hit during the operation. One of the main rotor blades was hit and damaged. However, the pilot was able to successfully fly the helicopter back to base to land. The affected aircraft has since been repaired and is back to the theatre of operation.
You are please requested to publish this information in your mass media for the awareness of the general public. Thank you for your usual support and cooperation.
Air Commodore Dele Alonge
Director of Public Relations & Information
Nigerian Air Force[/b]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:41pm On Aug 23, 2015
FighterPilot:

Hehehehe!!! So does that worry you that I got 6likes? Hopefully some of your brothers gave me some likes because they can see that you have fallen from grace. I am not an admin staff nor a non combatant member, sure those are reference of a civilian. I am not any of those. I am a uniformed member who underwent rigorous and toughest basic military training, proceeded to officers formative courses and headed for military academy for a qualification in one of the top 10 military academies in the world. I am trained as combatant. I thank you.

Prove it.

Me too, I am dating Obama's daughter....all because I say so
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 12:33am On Aug 24, 2015
jln115:

1. You have know idea what the armour of the bager is like!!
2. I said we make some of the best IFVs in the world not just 1 single vehicle and yes what makes the BMP better than the Badger? just its Gun? P.S the Ratel has a 90mm gun, does that make it better than the new Badger?
3. The LEDS 150 is operational with several militaries around the world!
4. How far does the PLZ shoot a standard shell, and how far does a G6 shoot a standard shell. P.S a G6 can also fire guided ammunition!

I see you have changed story from Denel longest range 73 km, now you want to talk about shorter range standard shells, just because China beats South Africa with 100 km range long shot...

#Defeated.

Badger IFV armour is no secret, it's free info on internet, it has ordinary steel armour to withstand only small arms and splinters, a Boko Haram heavy machine gun will tear it to pieces.

http://www.armyrecognition.com/south_africa_african_army_wheeled_armoured_vehicle/badger_denel_8x8_armoured_infantry_fighting_vehicle_technical_data_sheet_specifications_pictures.html

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ssaengine: 12:44am On Aug 24, 2015
Nice video on Eyewitness News video section of how the SANDF uses the SAAB Gamer System for force-on-force training. Additional tool for moderm combat training. Each jacket with laser sensitive receivers is linked to a laser emitting firearm of the soldier wearing that jacket. System lets you know where on the body you've been shot by an enemy. If you receive a kill shot, your firearm stops working. Learn what you did wrong, make sure you dont do it again.

6 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 1:28am On Aug 24, 2015
agaugust:

Prove it.

Me too, I am dating Obama's daughter....all because I say so

You must have been very desperate to force someone to prove that he is what he says he is. You should have instead proved that you are an Accountant who is employed as military researcher in America. Prove it.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 1:57am On Aug 24, 2015
Guess who got 7 days unlimited roaming...

Time to destroy augubug from the beach
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 1:58am On Aug 24, 2015
agaugust:

Akash range 30 km, ceiling 18 km.

Umkhonto range 15 km, ceiling 8 km.

India beats South Africa, yet the Indians don't go about calling themselves one of the best weapons producers in the world

Is range all that is important for a missile?

Is war a game of top trumps??

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:10am On Aug 24, 2015
agaugust:

Liar !!! Who told you Denel built A-Darter?

Brazil's Mectron company supplied technology by joint venture to South Africa for A-Darter, Denel never succeeded until Brazil sent Mectron company to give you Brazilian technology and experience with build modern missiles like Piranha.

Glory thief, you guys completely refused to give glory to Brazil that helped you and now claim South Africa built A-Darter....you Soweto glory thieves !!!!

No proof = trolling

We will discuss technology transfer once you prove what you are saying is true
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:10am On Aug 24, 2015
agaugust:

60 km Umkhonto version does not exist, the one you have is 15 km....and stop quoting Wikipedia here...foool !

Yes it does
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:11am On Aug 24, 2015
agaugust:

Thank you for admitting that India beats South Africa in missile technology, Indian Akash is 30 km range, double you Southie goat heads who claim to be among the best in the world

Who said range is the most important thing?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:18am On Aug 24, 2015
agaugust:

Brazil gave A-Darter missile technology to South Africa, go and google the missile technology capacity of Mectron company Brazil, they built modern air to air missiles before South Africa ever did, they are your masters, stop claiming all glory to yourself, o thief!

http://odebrecht.com/en/communication/releases/mectron-participates-brazilian-air-force-missile-launch-campaign

That source says nothing about technology transfer

Stop trolling

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:19am On Aug 24, 2015
agaugust:

If I expose your hidden facts, you start calling me a joke, well since Finland's Patria and South African Badger are the same about 80%, then yours is a copy...FACT !!!

China too got license from Russia to use MiG-21 design for the early model F-7 jet and you Southies call F-7 a copy of MiG-21 so sweet in your mouth, but now I am giving you a taste of your own medicine and you say I am spoiling this thread....so you cannot tolerate payback time? I hope you have learnt a lesson now.

The only jokers messing up this thread are you South Africans who say all the time that Eben Barlow used 100 ghost mercenaries to defeat Boko Haram by liberating a whole 45 towns in 45 days like spirits from the heavens with supernatural powers, South African pilots flying Nigerian Mi-35 helicopters, Alpha jets, F-7 jets, operating Nigerian T-72 tanks, Bofors FH-77 artillery, leading a whole 30,000 troop Nigerian army plus it's brigadiers and generals, sweeping across land equal to the size of Scotland, killing every Boko Haram....all done by ordinary rifle men from a South African PMC....you did not tell your fellow South Africans to stop messing up this thread everytime they say that, did you? No.

Now you want to shut my own mouth? I think you are alcohol drunk sir.

Badger is 70% south african

Proven many times

Stop trolling
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:30am On Aug 24, 2015
agaugust:

Hey dude, that was prototype A-Darter still under development 2009, the finished final product 2014 is said to have been improved according to your South African commentators here, so since you got Iris-T from Germany 5 years before Denel finished developing A-Darter, then we can suspect you of copy cat reverse engineering of German technology, same way it is sweet in your mouth to say you suspect China copied you.....or are you holy saints in South Africa while the rest of the world is dirty sinners? Your country is dirty enough to bribe FIFA and get 2010 world cup hosting cheesycheesy

No proof = trolling

Stop bringing down the quality of this thread with your tinfoil hat theories
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 3:05am On Aug 24, 2015
agaugust:

Akash range 30 km, ceiling 18 km.

Umkhonto range 15 km, ceiling 8 km.

India beats South Africa, yet the Indians don't go about calling themselves one of the best weapons producers in the world

Pick Umkhonto worth 60km range.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 3:13am On Aug 24, 2015
agaugust:

There is no Badger variant with bigger than 30mm gun. When we prove your weaknesses, you Southies say can go add a new thing to your product, who told you Russia too cannot add better things to it's own product? Only you can adjust things? Mumu.

You don't need amphibious vehicle because SANDF is meant for homeland defense only and zero force projection overseas. Cool !

Russian BMP-3 new variant will kill the SANDF Badger, BMP has anti-missile self defense, new composite impregnable armour and a 100 mm gun, just one shot and Badger IFV will scatter into pieces.

China is the world champion in artillery range....100 km

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htart/20131128.aspx

1. There is a badger variant with a gun bigger than 30mm.

2. SADF with dry land obly army managed to fight a 25 year war over 1000km from our borders

3. BMP-3 is protected against 30mm only on the frontal glacis. Badger can kill it from any side angle.
3a. Badger carries 8-12 men, BMP-3 only 7
3b. BMP-3 has a road range of only 600km, badger has a road range of up to 850km
- Badger has a top speed of around 100kmh, the BMP3 only 72kmh
3c. BMP-3 has no hunter killer capabilities, Badger does
3d. BMP-3's AtGM does not have the same penetration as the ZT3
3e. BMP-3 has a mediocre combat record, while the Badger has an exellent one with the Rosomak hull withstanding multiple RPG hits
3f. BMP3 has ZERO IED PROTECTION

So, in conclusion the Badger can kill the BMP, carries MORE MEN, has a LONGER RANGE and better TOP SPEED meaning it is better for mobility (COIN) warfare, Badger is MORE ADVANCED (Hunter killer+ datalink), an SUPERIOR and more MODERN ATGM and has a superior COMBAT RECORD and has PROTECTION against IED/mines

So yes, augubug, you can continue comparing the badger and the BMP like my 12 year old nephew compares things in a game of top trumps - but on INDEPTH ANALYSIS the Badger is FAR superior

And with the chinese gun:
Reported =\= Actual

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 3:18am On Aug 24, 2015
agaugust:

Cool, now that you have told us how hard it is to steal missile technology, please explain how China was able to steal it from Denel A-Darter.

#Trapped

We dont need to explain anything

we have sources to back up our claims

You dont
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 3:22am On Aug 24, 2015
agaugust:

1. Post armor citations

2. I have shown how it is.

3. India is installing Mongoose on their T90's - jackass

4. Except we have fired guided ammunition from the G6. And the chinese howitzer has inferior range with base bleed

You argument has been wrecked.

Time to stop posting
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 3:27am On Aug 24, 2015
agaugust:

China built the world's first hypersonic aircraft carrier killer missile, whom did China steal that super technology from?

http://www.asian-defence.net/2012/11/China-Developed-CM-400AKG-Pakistans-Hypersonic-Carrier-Killer-Missile-For-JF-17.html

China is building stealth cruise missile, South Africa cannot build stealth missiles, so they stole that technology from you also?

When people challenge your comments, you scream and yell like an immature 4 year old boy.

Go to blazes if you wish !

A long meaningless post

Reminder:

No citations = trolling

Here are my citations that China is the worlds leading copy-cat

http://www.popularmechanics.com/military/a746/3319656/

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748704679204575646472655698844
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 3:29am On Aug 24, 2015
agaugust:

And so?

Americas investment of $150 billion per year can feed all the starving mouthes in china
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 3:32am On Aug 24, 2015
agaugust:

I see you have changed story from Denel longest range 73 km, now you want to talk about shorter range standard shells, just because China beats South Africa with 100 km range long shot...

#Defeated.

Badger IFV armour is no secret, it's free info on internet, it has ordinary steel armour to withstand only small arms and splinters, a Boko Haram heavy machine gun will tear it to pieces.

http://www.armyrecognition.com/south_africa_african_army_wheeled_armoured_vehicle/badger_denel_8x8_armoured_infantry_fighting_vehicle_technical_data_sheet_specifications_pictures.html

That is standard hull armor, does not include armor panels that are fitted post production (rosomak style)

Howcome you are allowed to include post production panels for the BMP-3 and we are not allowed to do the same?

Why do you refuse to answer range of standard shells on the chinese gun?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 9:12am On Aug 24, 2015
YOUNG EAGLE 2015

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 11:48am On Aug 24, 2015
YOUNG EAGLE EXERCISE 2015

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 11:49am On Aug 24, 2015
YOUNG EAGLE 2015

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 12:08pm On Aug 24, 2015
The Nigerian Army has recalled over 2,500 soldiers who were asked to withdraw from service for alleged offences committed under the counter- insurgency operations code named Operation Zaman Lafiya.

The review panel set up by the Army, which began sitting in Kaduna on August 17, has also screened and reinstated 102 officers, who were sentenced or facing prosecution in relation to the operations in the North-East.

The reinstated soldiers and officers, it was learnt, had commenced retraining at the Nigerian Army Training Centre, Kontangora, Niger State.

The 2,500 soldiers were among the over 4,000 who responded to a memo from the Army authorities inviting soldiers for a review of recent disciplinary cases, which emanated from the counter terrorism operations.

The NA had said on August 1, 2015 that the service would constitute a panel to review all recent disciplinary cases in the service.

But the Acting Director, Army Public Relations, Col. Sani Usman, cautioned that the directive to review disciplinary cases should not be mistaken for a “total reinstatement of dismissed and deserter soldiers.”

Our correspondent learnt that more dismissed personnel of the Army might be brought back to the service as the screening panel would continue with the review of cases on Monday (today).

A source in the Nigerian Army, who confided in our correspondent, said, “The panel has cleared 2,500 soldiers who were dismissed from their units for minor offences alleged to have been committed under Operation Zaman Lafiya.

“The review panel also cleared 102 officers who were either asked to withdraw, dismissed or facing prosecution for various offences under the operation.”

The soldiers, who were said to have been conveyed out of the NDA, Kaduna, venue of the review panel, in luxury buses on Saturday are expected to undergo a short retraining exercise as part of the reintegration requirements into the service at the NATRAC, Kotangora.

After the retraining, the Army authorities would screen the affected personnel and re-activate their suspended bank accounts.

It was further learnt that the panel would also review the cases of 66 soldiers who were sentenced to death by firing squad.

The source, who spoke to one of our correspondents on Sunday, said that not all the dismissed soldiers who turned up in Kaduna were lucky to have regained their jobs.

Some of the soldiers, said to have been dismissed about 15 years ago for various offences, were asked to leave the venue of the review panel.

The soldiers were said to have been dismissed from the Army for various offences since the regime of former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

It was learnt that majority of the affected soldiers were dismissed from the service for violating a law said to have forbidden the personnel of the Army from marrying foreigners.

When our correspondent contacted the Acting Director, Army Public Relations, Col. Sani Usman, he said that those asked to leave the venue of the review panel were not eligible for the review exercise.

Usman said that they were dismissed from the service for various offences about 15 years ago and were not part of those whose cases were meant for review.

Usman described them as “a group of mischief-makers who should have been arrested and prosecuted for disrupting the peace of the public.”

He said, “The alleged protesting soldiers were no longer soldiers for almost 15 years now.

“They were dismissed for various offences and therefore are not part of those whose disciplinary cases are being reviewed by the committee. Consequently, they are not eligible for the ongoing review.

“They are bunch of mischief makers that need to be arrested and prosecuted for constituting a nuisance to the public. Already the relevant security agencies have been alerted on their activities.”

On the issue of the recall of the officers and men of the Army, he said that he could not give the figure of those screened and cleared.

Usman said that the exercise was ongoing and that the panel was expected to submit its report to relevant authorities.

“This is an ongoing exercise; they want to ensure that justice is done. I cannot give you any figure, the authorities are waiting for the committee’s report; they will conclude sitting very soon,” he added.

http://www.punchng.com/news/boko-haram-army-reinstates-2500-soldiers-102-officers/
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 12:09pm On Aug 24, 2015
YOUNG EAGLE EXERCISE 2015

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2520) (2521) (2522) (2523) (2524) (2525) (2526) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.