Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2724) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4440528 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2721) (2722) (2723) (2724) (2725) (2726) (2727) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 6:40pm On Nov 24, 2015
lezz:
give me citations, please. Mind, I quoted a sandf major general Mofokeng. So it is Official as it can get.
http://itweb.co.za/mobilesite/defenceweb/home/item_id-23419/
Back to you.

Nelson Mandela as one man finished and brought down Nigeria's military regime and installed democracy in Nigeria which you are now so much enjoying.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1995-11-16/news/9511150464_1_giant-oil-conglomerate-nigerian-oil-nigeria-s-oil
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by snydergp1st(m): 6:48pm On Nov 24, 2015
lezz:
give me citations, please. Mind, I quoted a sandf major general Mofokeng. So it is Official as it can get.

Back to you.

Here
http://www.sahistory.org.za/

Don't come here with you're usual rants. You'll find that all Nigeria was were a mere Communication station for a few months and a poor donor of $10m to Mbeki by your OBJ.

The rest of Africa gave far more then your paper giant. Oh and if I were you I would not forget who fought for you while you where BP and Shell slaves during the 1990's and helped you gain freedom from 4 decades of dictatorships.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 6:57pm On Nov 24, 2015
mzilakazi:

Nelson Mandela as one man finished and brought down Nigeria's military regime and installed democracy in Nigeria which you are now so much enjoying.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1995-11-16/news/9511150464_1_giant-oil-conglomerate-nigerian-oil-nigeria-s-oil
Who will help a Zulu out of desperation?

Who will equip this zulu-twerp and intellectual destitute with basic comprehension?

But hey, I don't blame you one bit. The incident that you are quoting happened in 1996, just two years after the Boers brought you out of your Zulu huts. So , my boy, a slave like you can't teach me our collective history.

Ironically, your big head didn't know that , that very period (1996) was one of south Africa's low points in Africa's diplomacy. A situation that made south Africa change and alter it foreign policy in Africa . After Nigeria ensured Africa isolated you.

While south Africa was practising real democracy only in 1994 Nigeria's has had her democratic elections and governments since 1957.

Nelson Mandela failed to convince the West to sanction Nigeria's oil. Clinton declined undiplomatically grin

Then, the then military head of state in Nigeria, General Abacha, positioned the rest of Africa to isolate south Africa. It is known in history circles as the Nigerian debacle. That same military ruler ensued you had a _fucked up nations cup hosting.

So much pity for a Zulu like you.
The Boers successfully rewrote your history for you, because you know not.

And I , Leslie has pointed the light to shine in your history-blinded face. I have brought you your history for you for free.

Oh... And Abacha died in power. Your source didn't even scratched the surface of your claims.

Pap-guzzling, history-deficient, pseudo-illiterate Zulu .
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 7:04pm On Nov 24, 2015
snydergp1st:

Here
http://www.sahistory.org.za/

Don't come here with you're usual rants. You'll find that all Nigeria was were a mere Communication station for a few months and a poor donor of $10m to Mbeki by your OBJ.

The rest of Africa gave far more then your paper giant. Oh and if I were you I would not forget who fought for you while you where BP and Shell slaves during the 1990's and helped you gain freedom from 4 decades of dictatorships.
Your brain is suffering from hallucinatory illusions too?

Pity you. If you're drowning, south Africa -Nigeria relations won't offer you any straws to hold onto.

Our help in squashing apartheid in south Africa really makes you feel so small.

But relax, we want nothing back. We can breath .

Meanwhile, you're a history destitute too. Nelson Mandela failed. He called Clinton to sanction our oil and Clinton refused.

Instead Mandela got isolated in Africa for his pains.

It was a cruel disillusionment out of prison after a lifetime.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 7:06pm On Nov 24, 2015
lezz:
Who will help a Zulu out of desperation?

Who equip this zulu-twerp and intellectual destitute with basic comprehension?

But hey, I don't blame you one bit. The incident that you are quoting happened in 1996, just two years after the Boers brought you out of your Zulu huts. So , my boy, a slave like you can't teach me out collective history.

Ironically, your big head didn't know that , that very period (1996) was one of south Africa's low points in Africa's diplomacy. A situation that made south Africa change and alter it foreign policy in Africa .

While south Africa was practising real democracy only in 1994 Nigeria's has had her democratic elections and governments since 1957.

Nelson Mandela failed to convince the West to sanction Nigeria's oil. Clinton undiplomatically grin

Then the then military head of state in Nigeria, General Abacha, positioned the rest of Africa to isolate south Africa. It is known in history circles as the Nigerian debacle. That same military ruler ensued you had a _fucked up nations cup hosting.

So much pity for a Zulu like you.
The Boers has successfully rewrote your history for you, because you no not.

And I , Leslie has pointed the light to shine in your history-blinded face. I have brought you history for you for free.

Oh... And Abacha died in power. Your source didn't even scratched the surface of your claims.

Pap-guzzling, history-deficient, pseudo-illiterate Zulu .

You surely didnt read the source. It was writen in 1995 and not 1996. Mandela pushed for sanctions against Nigeria on Commonwealth, UN , AU and EU and stopped Nigerias oil trade until Nigerias military regime backed down.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 7:12pm On Nov 24, 2015
They do not call him Mandela for nothing.

The UN respect him for his role in Africa especially against the Sani Abacha's military rule.

http://www.un.org/africarenewal/web-features/mandela%E2%80%99s-struggles-peace-and-justice-africa
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 7:16pm On Nov 24, 2015
mzilakazi:

You surely didnt read the source. It was writen in 1995 and not 1996. Mandela pushed for sanctions against Nigeria on Commonwealth, UN , AU and EU and stopped Nigerias oil trade until Nigerias military regime backed down.
I did read the source. I'm not a Zulu who dislikes written works.

The first 2 paragraphs of your source is hinting on Mandela calling on the West to sanction Abacha regimes sale ofcrude oil for the killing of the ogoni 9.

Did the West oblige Mandela?
The answer is an emphatic NO with big letters.

Abacha remained and died in power and another military man Abdusalami took over even after Mandela has gone out of Pretoria.

So how did Mandela ,who has been in prison all his life when Tafawa balewa, Azikiwe, Shagari had all been democratic presidents and prime minister in Nigeria , bring democracy to us?

You need to be cured of the malady of desperation.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 7:23pm On Nov 24, 2015
mzilakazi:

Listen, for me, intelligent and factual trolling is the beauty of social media.

If you will endlessly and repeatedly prove that you're an irredeemable daft, then there's no use conversing with you.

Your very source claimed the West couldn't oblige Mandela's call for oil sanction against Nigeria .

Below is an excerpt from your own source:

Mandela's new hard-line policy against Gen. Sani Abacha's dictatorship is a direct challenge to the Clinton administration and other major Western governments, which so far have refused to consider banning the purchase or trade of Nigerian oil.

"I am not satisfied with the fact that they are not applying oil sanctions," Mandela said in New Zealand, where he is on a state visit.

Mandela will try to bring his campaign for a punitive boycott before the U.N. Security Council, the Organization of African Unity and other international bodies, his spokesman said here.

Clinton administration officials have said a unilateral oil boycott is highly unlikely, since it would hurt U.S. commercial interests and consumers. Nigeria is America's fifth-largest supplier of oil, and major lenders in the United States, Europe and Japan are exposed to the West African country's $30 billion foreign debt

Mzilakazi, your brain is as wronlgy positioned as the ugly composition of your moniker.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 7:38pm On Nov 24, 2015
mzilakazi:
They do not call him Mandela for nothing.

The UN respect him for his role in Africa especially against the Sani Abacha's military rule.

http://www.un.org/africarenewal/web-features/mandela%E2%80%99s-struggles-peace-and-justice-africa
Don't hide if you feel you have got a point. QUOTE ME!

Mandela took a stand against Abacha for killing the ogoni 9 and failed. Nigeria was suspended from the commonwealth which had a Nigerian, Emeka, as its President general or Sec-general. Can't recall fully.

Mandela failed to get the UN or West to stop the Nigerian oil trade.

Abacha led a host of African countries to isolate south Africa from African affairs consequently, South Africa was forced to change its tactics in Africa.

That's a national scar, son.
You need help with facts.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 7:40pm On Nov 24, 2015
lezz:

Listen, for me, intelligent and factual trolling is the beauty of social media.

If you will endlessly and repeatedly prove that you're an irredeemable daft, then there's no use conversing with you.

Your very source claimed the West couldn't oblige Mandela's call for oil sanction against Nigeria .

Below is an excerpt from your own source:

Mandela's new hard-line policy against Gen. Sani Abacha's dictatorship is a direct challenge to the Clinton administration and other major Western governments, which so far have refused to consider banning the purchase or trade of Nigerian oil.

"I am not satisfied with the fact that they are not applying oil sanctions," Mandela said in New Zealand, where he is on a state visit.

Mandela will try to bring his campaign for a punitive boycott before the U.N. Security Council, the Organization of African Unity and other international bodies, his spokesman said here.

Clinton administration officials have said a unilateral oil boycott is highly unlikely, since it would hurt U.S. commercial interests and consumers. Nigeria is America's fifth-largest supplier of oil, and major lenders in the United States, Europe and Japan are exposed to the West African country's $30 billion foreign debt

Mzilakazi, your brain is as wronlgy positioned as the ugly composition of your moniker.

The only person that is disturbed is you because finally the Nigeria's military regime was defeated.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 7:45pm On Nov 24, 2015
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 7:46pm On Nov 24, 2015
mzilakazi:

The only person that is disturbed is you because finally the Nigeria's military regime was defeated.
Are you subtly admitting you tried to pull the wool over the eyes of your readers? Is that it? Cheap, lazy lies just to score an illusionary point?

Admit you lied.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by snydergp1st(m): 7:49pm On Nov 24, 2015
Let's ignore this f.oolish f.ucktard @Lezz he's seeking attention again. He was ignored for over a week now he's back to f.uckup the thread again.

Ignore the troll.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 7:50pm On Nov 24, 2015
Nigeria's military regime is finally banned from Commonwealth and the world because of Nelson Mandela.

http://edition.cnn.com/WORLD/9511/nigeria/11-11/

gringringrin Lezz you must respect Madiba.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 7:56pm On Nov 24, 2015
lezz:
Are you subtly admitting you tried to pull the wool over the eyes of your readers? Is that it? Cheap, lazy lies just to score an illusionary point?

Admit you lied.

That's the history I have learnt from the school and is legit and valid. My point stand and yours falls away. Mandela as the pres of SA helped build democracy in Nigeria through pushing for sanctions against the Nigeria's military regime. The military regime fell and Mandela was happy.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 8:06pm On Nov 24, 2015
snydergp1st:
L
You lack so much grace to take a honourable bow. When you're out-fact , you will easily resort to "ignore" and blackmails.

Only your facts can save you now.
You bastards are the ones ruining this thread with your peanut size egos.

Patrick, the slow-wits claimed south Africa trained Nigerian troops, that was fine.

And I responded by posting valid links which showed that Nigeria trained the SANDF as acknowledged by your major general, Mofokeng.

Mzilakazi, changed the game that Nelson Mandela brought democracy to Nigeria, a fallacy you fully supported and participated in.

Then again, factually, I rubished your Mandela claims. with valid points .And you're here lamenting I derailed the topic.

You are a product of waste and a buffoon. A classless _idiot with no sense of shame or honour.

You're just a step higher than a rabbis-ridden dog.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 8:19pm On Nov 24, 2015
mzilakazi:

That's the history I have learnt from the school and is legit and valid. My point stand and yours falls away. Mandela as the pres of SA helped build democracy in Nigeria through pushing for sanctions against the Nigeria's military regime. The military regime fell and Mandela was happy.
If you aren't a teenager then you must be a girl. No one can be this _stupid and yet content.

The commonwealth is an inconsequential group of former British colonies with no economic or political significance. That's why Mandela was desperate and anxious for an AU , UN and oil ban. None of which he got.

Did the Abacha regime fall due to Mandela? Nope.

Mandela was still a prisoner when Abacha was routing to become a civilian president.

And after Abacha died, another military man, still took over until Mandela left office.

But hey, im glad you still have some residue of shame left.

You're now shifting from your laughable claims of Mandela's bringing democracy to Nigeria.

You still owe our readers an apology for lying that Mandela got the EU, UN and AU to sanction Nigeria's oil.

Tender your apology in your next post.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 8:20pm On Nov 24, 2015
After listening to Madiba, US seeks tougher sanctions to force Nigeria for democracy.

http://www.nytimes.com/1996/03/12/world/us-seeking-tougher-sanctions-to-press-nigeria-for-democracy.html
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 8:29pm On Nov 24, 2015
mzilakazi:
After listening to Madiba, US seeks tougher sanctions to force Nigeria for democracy.

http://www.nytimes.com/1996/03/12/world/us-seeking-tougher-sanctions-to-press-nigeria-for-democracy.html
I told you to quote me. Stop shadow-boxing.

Now tell us what tougher sanctions did the US implement and did it force Abacha to leave office.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 8:32pm On Nov 24, 2015
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 8:36pm On Nov 24, 2015
lezz:
I told you to quote me. Stop shadow-boxing.

Now tell us what tougher sanctions did the US implement and did it force Abacha to leave office.

In simple words Mandela's wishes about Nigeria were realised, whether there was oil embargo or not. Finito.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 9:12pm On Nov 24, 2015
mzilakazi:

What are these people posting? Mandela did nothing in Nigerian democracy. Are you people Dat desperate to steal another man's glory?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 9:17pm On Nov 24, 2015
iblawi:
What are these people posting? Mandela did nothing in Nigerian democracy. Are you people Dat desperate to steal another man's glory?

Here comes another illiterate man.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 9:30pm On Nov 24, 2015
mzilakazi:

Here comes another illiterate man.
You are the desperate illiterate, a lazy and ungrateful living thing who is not ready to work hard for anything but to claim other people's glory. Liars.

After General Sani Abacha, Abdulsalam Abubakar took over and he was also a military man.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 9:41pm On Nov 24, 2015
iblawi:
You are the desperate illiterate, a lazy and ungrateful living thing who is not ready to work hard for anything but to claim other people's glory. Liars.

After General Sani Abacha, Abdulsalam Abubakar took over and he was also a military man.

In simple words the military regime crumbled and scatted after sanctions after sanctions which were called upon by Mandela. Democracy was finally installed which today is enjoyed so wholeheartedly by Iblawi. grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:04pm On Nov 24, 2015
mzilakazi:

The founder of that company is Eeben Barlow. Dummy!!!

Who does not know that? Dummy !!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 10:05pm On Nov 24, 2015
mzilakazi:
Man!!!! Do you read your own links before posting them?

Are you a born of a dog?
You disgust me. I have never met such a subzero , nonentity in all my life: you keep quoting sources that contradicts you.

You're an embarrassment to your clan,
A reflection of the average Zulu ,
and a breathing failure.

PLEASE READ THIS EXCERPT FROM YOUR OWN SOURCE:

[b]African States and Organizations
27Despite the near unanimity of Commonwealth African states in both decrying the Ogoni executions and suspending Nigeria’s membership in the organization, the wider community of African states was never united by a common resolve to ostracize and punish the Abacha regime. Prior to the executions, the President of South Africa, Nelson Mandela, had sought to influence General Abacha and his associates by means of quiet diplomacy’ (Van Aardt, 1996). He tried, without success, to persuade Abacha to attend the Commonwealth summit, and was appalled by the undue haste and blatant disregard for African, Commonwealth, and world opinion with which the executions were carried out. Just as the summit was being convened in Auckland. Mandela then took the lead in urging the Western powers, particularly Britain, France, and the United States, to impose oil sanctions against Nigeria in order to hasten the end of military rule. Before long, however, it became apparent that Mandela had ventured beyond the African consensus for responding to Nigeria’s internal problem, and that he would be forced to retreat. The South African foreign minister, Alfred Nzo, was reported to have told a parliamentary committee that President Mandela had backed away from his hard line reluctantly because inaction by the Western powers was turning the issue into a conflict between Nigeria and South Africa. Nigeria’s West African neighbours, he said, were strongly opposed to sanctions that would harm the entire region.16

28South Africa’s isolation from the continental consensus was a discomfiting as it was unanticipated. Other than South Africa, no African country, indeed, no country outside of the proverbial Western sector of the world, had protested the executions to the extent of having recalled its ambassador in Nigeria (Van Aardt, 1996:115). Moreover, within a month of the Auckland summit, the Commonwealth’s authority, and that of Mandela, were being challenged in African countries. Thus, the highly respected secretary-general of the Organization of African United (OAU) warned against the isolation of Nigeria regardless of the prolongation of military rule in that country. A ministerial meeting of the Organization of Islamic Conference (an international organization comprising approximately 50 member-states, some 45 per cent of which are African states) called for dialogue with, rather than sanctions against, Nigeria. A conference of lawyers concerned with human rights in Africa decided to withhold judgement on Nigeria pending research by a delegation of its own. Within South Africa’s own region, its call for sanctions against Nigeria was opposed publicly by the president of Namibia, Sam Nujoma. Van Aardt (1996: 115) observes that a summit meeting of the twelve-member Southern African Development Community, summoned by Mandela to consider the Nigerian issue, decided to leave the question of further action against Nigeria to the Commonwealth. Eventually, South Africa quietly withdrew its support for the minority of two (Canada and Jamaica) in CMAG that continued to favour sanctions[/b]

Although you're emotionally numb, but I can feel your shame across this platfrom.

I have had you, disgraced, reduced to a sheer nonentity and a stark illiterate which is an understatement in portraying your intellectual handicap and destitution.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:11pm On Nov 24, 2015
jln115:

Were in your source does it state that SF are part of border patrolling?

SF is doing anti-Rhino poaching operations you nincompoooop !!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:20pm On Nov 24, 2015
mzilakazi:

South Africans trained Nigerian army.

Nigerian army trained South African national security officers on COIN warfare in our officers academy Jaji, Kaduna state, Nigeria.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 10:30pm On Nov 24, 2015
mzilakazi:

In simple words the military regime crumbled and scatted after sanctions after sanctions which were called upon by Mandela. Democracy was finally installed which today is enjoyed so wholeheartedly by Iblawi. grin

I hate insulting people but you guys always force me to.

Abdulsalam settled all military generals and retired them before leaving office. It was an internal arrangement and has nothing to do with Mandela or the world.

We handled our problems ourselves without any help from anyone.

Mandela never claimed it in is life time, and no 1ever gave Mandela glory for Nigerian democracy.

You might want to Google Abdulsalam Abubakar.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:31pm On Nov 24, 2015
[size=13pt]
lezz:

Hahaha that's sending a corpse to its final resting place. But @patchesagain is limping badly, barely surviving.

Meanwhile, Major General Daniel Mofokeng head of SANDF foreign relations has heaped praises for the Nigerian military...excerpts below.

South Africa praises Nigerian military for its apartheid-era help

by defenceWeb, February 9, 11:54 pm

"The South African National Defence Force (SANDF) foreign relations head has praised the Nigerian Armed forces for its strong relationship with the South African military.

Major General Daniel Mofokeng, head of SANDF Foreign Relations, said Nigeria was in the forefront in the struggle against apartheid and that the country made huge sacrifices for the liberation of South Africa from minority rule.

Mofokeng said that Nigeria also offered military training and support to assist the African National Congress. According to him, Nigeria's gesture helped shore up relations between Abuja and Pretoria. "

10/10 post, thank you.

Nigerian military trained and built up the current South African military.....Case Closed tongue tongue

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&Itemid=111&catid=56:diplomacy-a-peace&view=article&id=23419:south-africa-praises-nigerian-military-for-its-apartheid-era-help

. [/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:35pm On Nov 24, 2015
snydergp1st:

F.ool answer my question when and where did the SANDF deploy SF on our borders.

Proof to me you're not a liar. I'm getting tired of your foo.lish antics to avoid or divert issues discussed.

Posted here many times again and again, SANDF 21 battalion and Special forces are deployed for anti-Rhino poaching operations and your troops failed that simple test at home....source defenceweb and SANDF website.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2721) (2722) (2723) (2724) (2725) (2726) (2727) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.