Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,489 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2725) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4441290 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2722) (2723) (2724) (2725) (2726) (2727) (2728) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Nov 24, 2015
agaugust:

SF is doing anti-Rhino poaching operations you nincompoooop !!!
Ok bro!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:46pm On Nov 24, 2015
mzilakazi:

Nelson Mandela as one man finished and brought down Nigeria's military regime and installed democracy in Nigeria which you are now so much enjoying.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1995-11-16/news/9511150464_1_giant-oil-conglomerate-nigerian-oil-nigeria-s-oil

Can you stop dragging us back to over repeated Mandela stories that are just ridiculous fantasies?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:55pm On Nov 24, 2015
mzilakazi:

You surely didnt read the source. It was writen in 1995 and not 1996. Mandela pushed for sanctions against Nigeria on Commonwealth, UN , AU and EU and stopped Nigerias oil trade until Nigerias military regime backed down.

It was the head of commonwealth, a Nigerian Chief Emeka Anyaokwu that led the fight not Mandela, please spare us this backward argument that has been dealt with here again and again, don't you Southies have any feeling about going backwards to arguments like retaaaards ?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:01pm On Nov 24, 2015
mzilakazi:
Nelson Mandela fought for democratisation of Nigeria.

http://www.ipsnews.net/1995/11/commonwealth-nigeria-after-heinous-act-mandela-urges-expulsion/

Nigeria became a democracy in 1960 when Mandela was still running and hiding underground after Sharpeville riots and ANC was banned, hunted.

Stop writing craaaaaazy things here, dunce !
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 11:20pm On Nov 24, 2015
agaugust:
[size=13pt]

10/10 post, thank you.

Nigerian military trained and built up the current South African military.....Case Closed tongue tongue

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&Itemid=111&catid=56:diplomacy-a-peace&view=article&id=23419:south-africa-praises-nigerian-military-for-its-apartheid-era-help

. [/size]
Thanks Oga. You're welcome.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Nov 24, 2015
agaugust:
[size=13pt]

10/10 post, thank you.

Nigerian military trained and built up the current South African military.....Case Closed tongue tongue

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&Itemid=111&catid=56:diplomacy-a-peace&view=article&id=23419:south-africa-praises-nigerian-military-for-its-apartheid-era-help

. [/size]
So were in the source does it say Nigeria trained the SADF or SANDF for that matter?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 12:52am On Nov 25, 2015
agaugust:

Nigerian army trained South African national security officers on COIN warfare in our officers academy Jaji, Kaduna state, Nigeria.

No they didnt
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 12:54am On Nov 25, 2015
agaugust:
[size=13pt]

10/10 post, thank you.

. [/size]

Nigeria had nothing to do with the training of the current South African Military

This is pathetic - you are simply trying to draw attention to the fact that your army got trained and supervised by South Africans

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 12:55am On Nov 25, 2015
agaugust:

[s]Posted here many times again and again, SANDF 21 battalion and Special forces are deployed for anti-Rhino poaching operations and your troops failed that simple test at home....source defenceweb and SANDF website.[/s]

Yes, and in the source posted here many times by you.

It says: They were deployed for border protection and not AP

Augustus, I emplore you to try to maintain a degree of honesty in your arguments

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 12:56am On Nov 25, 2015
agaugust:

Nigeria became a democracy in 1960 when Mandela was still running and hiding underground after Sharpeville riots and ANC was banned, hunted.

Nigeria has spent less time as a democracy than South Africa

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 12:58am On Nov 25, 2015
agaugust:

More dead Rhinos, more illegal AK-47 smuggled to murder gangs/assassins all over South Africa today 2015, proves SANDF is a failure at the border operation/security mandate of their own fatherland.

- 12 month period
- 13 companies deployed as part of Operation Corona
- contraband worth more than R100 million
- 15 tons of dagga, valued at R50 million
- 80 000 undocumented persons.
- 2 000 known criminals
- 300 stolen vehicles
- 18 000 head of livestock

Statistics Nigeria could only dream of

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 12:59am On Nov 25, 2015
agaugust:

South African army is NOT training Nigerian army.

Cuban national air force is training South Africa's national air force. Deal with it tongue

I never said South African Army

I said South Africa.

I have dealt with it, now you need to deal with the fact that your army is trained by South Africans who use the "obsolete 1970's tactics"

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 1:02am On Nov 25, 2015
agaugust:

No one particular 3rd generation tank is best in the world, their armour mix varies and are classified. Unless you want to talk T14 Armata that is a new generation and outclasses every other tank.

Do you know what the K2 Black Panther is?

Anyway, you said that you would choose T-72 over K2 yes?

And no, Armata does not outclass any of its contemporaries.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 1:03am On Nov 25, 2015
agaugust:

STTEP staff are citizens of different countries mixed up in a private company employment.

Mainly composed of?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 1:04am On Nov 25, 2015
Henry240:

Why don't you tell us the company the Nigerian government hired?

Augustus just did
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:50am On Nov 25, 2015
@Agaugust
jln115:

Are you fvcking retaarded?.......Oh? Wait never mind!.......Anyway i see you couldn't comprehend the meaning of the first minute of the video, cant say im suprised, oh and BTW it wasnt a Mirage F1 .
Would like to make a correction, those were in fact Mirage F1s in the beginning, i wasn't paying attention and only realized my mistake after i watched the video again.

Although this mistake doesn't change much and i still stand by what i originally posted.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 6:08am On Nov 25, 2015
lezz:
Man!!!! Do you read your own links before posting them?

Are you a born of a dog?
You disgust me. I have never met such a subzero , nonentity in all my life: you keep quoting sources that contradicts you.

You're an embarrassment to your clan,
A reflection of the average Zulu ,
and a breathing failure.

PLEASE READ THIS EXCERPT FROM YOUR OWN SOURCE:

[b]African States and Organizations
27Despite the near unanimity of Commonwealth African states in both decrying the Ogoni executions and suspending Nigeria’s membership in the organization, the wider community of African states was never united by a common resolve to ostracize and punish the Abacha regime. Prior to the executions, the President of South Africa, Nelson Mandela, had sought to influence General Abacha and his associates by means of quiet diplomacy’ (Van Aardt, 1996). He tried, without success, to persuade Abacha to attend the Commonwealth summit, and was appalled by the undue haste and blatant disregard for African, Commonwealth, and world opinion with which the executions were carried out. Just as the summit was being convened in Auckland. Mandela then took the lead in urging the Western powers, particularly Britain, France, and the United States, to impose oil sanctions against Nigeria in order to hasten the end of military rule. Before long, however, it became apparent that Mandela had ventured beyond the African consensus for responding to Nigeria’s internal problem, and that he would be forced to retreat. The South African foreign minister, Alfred Nzo, was reported to have told a parliamentary committee that President Mandela had backed away from his hard line reluctantly because inaction by the Western powers was turning the issue into a conflict between Nigeria and South Africa. Nigeria’s West African neighbours, he said, were strongly opposed to sanctions that would harm the entire region.16

28South Africa’s isolation from the continental consensus was a discomfiting as it was unanticipated. Other than South Africa, no African country, indeed, no country outside of the proverbial Western sector of the world, had protested the executions to the extent of having recalled its ambassador in Nigeria (Van Aardt, 1996:115). Moreover, within a month of the Auckland summit, the Commonwealth’s authority, and that of Mandela, were being challenged in African countries. Thus, the highly respected secretary-general of the Organization of African United (OAU) warned against the isolation of Nigeria regardless of the prolongation of military rule in that country. A ministerial meeting of the Organization of Islamic Conference (an international organization comprising approximately 50 member-states, some 45 per cent of which are African states) called for dialogue with, rather than sanctions against, Nigeria. A conference of lawyers concerned with human rights in Africa decided to withhold judgement on Nigeria pending research by a delegation of its own. Within South Africa’s own region, its call for sanctions against Nigeria was opposed publicly by the president of Namibia, Sam Nujoma. Van Aardt (1996: 115) observes that a summit meeting of the twelve-member Southern African Development Community, summoned by Mandela to consider the Nigerian issue, decided to leave the question of further action against Nigeria to the Commonwealth. Eventually, South Africa quietly withdrew its support for the minority of two (Canada and Jamaica) in CMAG that continued to favour sanctions[/b]

Although you're emotionally numb, but I can feel your shame across this platfrom.

I have had you, disgraced, reduced to a sheer nonentity and a stark illiterate which is an understatement in portraying your intellectual handicap and destitution.

It is simple. If you do not accept Mandela helped bring pressure against Nigeria's military rule we do not accept Nigeria had ever helped to put pressure against apartheid government from the outside.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:13am On Nov 25, 2015
Patchesagain:

Nigeria has spent less time as a democracy than South Africa

You were prisoners of the white man for 300 years they labelled you as dog food in your own fatherland....until my fathers saved your fathers grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:16am On Nov 25, 2015
Patchesagain:

Mainly composed of?

Give us a list of the trainer staff/team of STTEP....name them all.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:20am On Nov 25, 2015
Patchesagain:

I never said South African Army

I said South Africa.

I have dealt with it, now you need to deal with the fact that your army is trained by South Africans who use the "obsolete 1970's tactics"

STTEP does not teach conventional warfare like your SANDF 1970s outdated Rugby or Soccer field of play tactics. Go to STTEP website, they train COIN and unconventional ops.

Dummy art thou.

This forum is about national armies ranking not private military companies doing business.

Thanks for proving that Eben Barlow training 120 Nigerian soldiers is IRRELEVANT on this forum
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:26am On Nov 25, 2015
Patchesagain:

Augustus, I emplore you to try to maintain a degree of honesty in your arguments

Me? No, you just proved me right, Snydergyp was the lying and denying South African special forces were deployed for border security duties where they fail daily due to poor bush tactics of your fake bush war masters who cannot succeed in their own homeland.

grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:29am On Nov 25, 2015
jln115:

So were in the source does it say Nigeria trained the SADF or SANDF for that matter?

Nigerian military trained the ANC fighters who became top ranking Generals in SANDF....including your ex-deputy air force chief.... Nigeria built the foundation and leadership heirachy of South African armed forces of today 2015.

History cannot be changed....it has happened and on record FOREVER AND EVER !!!!!!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:34am On Nov 25, 2015
Patchesagain:

- 12 month period
- 13 companies deployed as part of Operation Corona
- contraband worth more than R100 million
- 15 tons of dagga, valued at R50 million
- 80 000 undocumented persons.
- 2 000 known criminals
- 300 stolen vehicles
- 18 000 head of livestock

Statistics Nigeria could only dream of

I see, so SANDF was only able to DISARM the UNARMED consumer goods smugglers. Congrats, your army just proved there is a fate worse than mediocrity
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 6:37am On Nov 25, 2015
agaugust:

What is the name and data specs of the Mbombe 30 mm cannon and what is it's gunnery track record in battle ?.

Igirigi 23 mm gun is battle tested around the world in many wars for over 40 years and is perfectly reliable, accurate, deadly.... It defeated the national armies of many countries and held super power armies to stalemate in wars from Europe to Asia.

What the fück is the 30 mm gun on Mbombe ? Name it and preach about it's technical specifications so we can see.

No Southie has dared to take the challenge grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by snydergp1st(m): 7:17am On Nov 25, 2015
agaugust:

Posted here many times again and again, SANDF 21 battalion and Special forces are deployed for anti-Rhino poaching operations and your troops failed that simple test at home....source defenceweb and SANDF website.

Don't take me for a f.ool post the source do think by writing defenceweb will exonerate you from the lies you write here.

Post the source
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by snydergp1st(m): 7:28am On Nov 25, 2015
agaugust:

You became a dictatorship in 1960 ruled by self serving generals who looted you out of almost $500bn.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:36am On Nov 25, 2015
snydergp1st:

Don't take me for a f.ool post the source do think by writing defenceweb will exonerate you from the lies you write here.

Post the source

Your countrymen say I have posted the source many times.

Patchesagain:

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:43am On Nov 25, 2015
snydergp1st:

You became a dictatorship in 1960 ruled by self serving generals who looted you out of almost $500bn.

Same way your corrupt ANC politicians are looting your treasury today.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:45am On Nov 25, 2015
Patchesagain:

Do you know what the K2 Black Panther is?

Anyway, you said that you would choose T-72 over K2 yes?

And no, Armata does not outclass any of its contemporaries.

Just because you say so? Na who u be sef?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by snydergp1st(m): 8:20am On Nov 25, 2015
The Russians is responded in kind and no Turkish aircraft would be allowed inside Syrian airspace and immediate halt to military to military cooperation with Ankara.

Su-30SM will be armed with various AA missiles and its Moskva missile cruiser will also be tasked to shoot down any possible air threat. Additional missile batteries will also be sent to Russian base in Syria.
https://www.rt.com/news/323329-russia-suspend-military-turkey/
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 9:08am On Nov 25, 2015
mzilakazi:

It is simple. If you do not accept Mandela helped bring pressure against Nigeria's military rule we do not accept Nigeria had ever helped to put pressure against apartheid government from the outside.
Nigeria didn't help to help put pressure against apartheid, that's under reporting; NIGERIA FREED YOU AND UNSHACKLE YOUR CHAINS OF 400 YEARS OF SLAVERY.

You didn't read your own link, I pity you. Mandela admitted failure and NIGERIA got your own southern African economic community to isolate you. What a crunching humiliation. Excerpts from your own source:

a summit meeting of the twelve-member Southern African Development Community, summoned by Mandela to consider the Nigerian issue, decided to leave the question of further action against Nigeria to the Commonwealth. Eventually, South Africa quietly withdrew its support for the minority of two (Canada and Jamaica) in CMAG that continued to favour sanctions.

Your words are just waste. South Africans are bad losers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 10:21am On Nov 25, 2015
agaugust:

You were prisoners of the white man for 300 years they labelled you as dog food in your own fatherland....until my fathers saved your fathers grin grin

Nigeria had allmost nothing to do with the struggle - lesotho did more

Proven by Nigerias snub at mandelas funeral

(1) (2) (3) ... (2722) (2723) (2724) (2725) (2726) (2727) (2728) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.