Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,998 members, 7,838,511 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2729) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4453245 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2726) (2727) (2728) (2729) (2730) (2731) (2732) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lionel4power(m): 8:20pm On Nov 25, 2015
snydergp1st:

I've been under command of two different air force chiefs and both were never trained by Nigeria.

Lieutenant General Fabian Msimang got his training in India and Italy respectively, so you need to shop talking shiiit.
see this wannabe soldier...
you just concluded that your general is talking sh1t right? because he made that article not me.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lionel4power(m): 8:23pm On Nov 25, 2015
snydergp1st:

What drone fleet.

Where were the drones when 105 poorly armed mumus got kidnapped.
the military denied it.
so I believe the military over an Internet stranger
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by snydergp1st(m): 8:25pm On Nov 25, 2015
lionel4power:
you hit one... two strikes you with PCMS, Plus alpha jets and F-7s bombs u with dumb bombs...
saturation attack.
we win, you lose anyway

One GBADS battery is more then enough to handle your entire obsolete aircraft.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 25, 2015
lionel4power:

we have 243 countries mate... but Un recognised just190.
. that doesn't mean those other 53 don't have a military or defence force.
so 243/23=10.5 approx
still within range mate... so you're incorrect again. mate
Not every single country in the world has a military mate!!

Anyway:
Indonesia
Taiwan
Italy
Poland
Vietnam
Iran
Ukraine
Saudi Arabia
Singapore

243/31= 7.84 and thats considering that every single country(Even unofficial ones have a military)
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:27pm On Nov 25, 2015
jln115:

Dude how fast do your vehicles travel on water?? 8km if your lucky, the same speed that a person walks! Your pretty much in the same boat as we are!!

Secondly your Sagaie can barely be called a Tank destroyer, hell you would struggle to destroy a T55 with its 90mm gun never mind a T72 or even worse a Olifant MK1B/2.

Forget about water speed or gun turret, Nigeria has amphibious tank destroyer that fires anti tank shells. South Africa has ZERO amphibious armoured vehicles. We are better than you. Try go buy one first before analysing what you don't have

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 25, 2015
agaugust:

Forget about water speed or gun turret, Nigeria has amphibious tank destroyer that fires anti tank shells. South Africa has ZERO amphibious armoured vehicles. We are better than you. Try go buy one first before analysing what you don't have
Dude your so called 90mm tank destroyer can fire what ever shell it wants, its still going to struggle destroying a T55, and as i said before, we dont need amphibious vehicles as we can just build a bridge!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lionel4power(m): 8:33pm On Nov 25, 2015
snydergp1st:

One GBADS battery is more then enough to handle your entire obsolete aircraft.
simple question, don't lie
does SANDF have this 'GBADS' you mentioned. do they have it in 2015?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by snydergp1st(m): 8:35pm On Nov 25, 2015
lezz:
same corruption in the SANDF too. You can't point a finger on NAF without being a delusional hypocrit

No not the same SANDF got a clean audit reports for the last five years.

Meanwhile in Nigeria $2bn got lost that was meant for figther jets, helos and ground attack helos.
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/11/nigeria-orders-arrest-adviser-2bn-arms-deal-151118043340314.html

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 8:36pm On Nov 25, 2015
snydergp1st:

You only became a fully fledged democracy in 1999 when you adopted a new constitution.
https://welections./2011/04/21/nigeria-2011/

http://www.thenation.com/article/nigerias-democratic-revolution/
Now f_uckof with your derailment.
And yet another south African shot himself in the foot in a desperate attempt to look smart: below is an excerpts from the very first paragraph of your own link:

"In a move that is likely to surprise a lot of people in the West, Nigeria has elected for the presidency a man who truncated a democratic government three decades ago."
You failed as a SANDF man
You failed to defend south Africa here,
And you also just failed to defend your interrupted education.

Please tell us what is the opposite of "full fledged democracy". Illiterate Zulu soldier.

When I called you dyslexic denisovan, you complained I was harsh.
And I proved you're suffering from word-blindness.

Plus this, I have proved that pap and dagga has overridden your entire brain mass.

Nigeria has had democracy earlier and longer than south Africa. 400 years of isolation haa made you out of touch with the real world. You are a disgrace and the beautiful thing is that your ignorance is live on world view.

1960 to '66 Nigeria's constitution was parliamentary like the British , so there was Zik as prime minister.

1979, Nigeria changed to the presidential form of government with a chance in constitution amendment and Shagari was president from '76 to '83.

Guy, your head is so little in what it can contain.....but know, south Africans can't live with themselves in the knowledge that Nigeria always gets ahead of them.

Apartheid victims.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by snydergp1st(m): 8:53pm On Nov 25, 2015
lionel4power:
simple question, don't lie
does SANDF have this 'GBADS' you mentioned. do they have it in 2015?

Yes we have and GDF-07 units has already been delivered by Rheinmetall/Denel and the Umkhonto SAM delivery will only be completed in 2017 because the extended version is still under development
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by snydergp1st(m): 8:57pm On Nov 25, 2015
lezz:
And yet another south African shot himself in the foot in a desperate attempt to look smart: below is an excerpts from the very first paragraph of your own link:

"In a move that is likely to surprise a lot of people in the West, Nigeria has elected for the presidency a man who truncated a democratic government three decades ago."
You failed as a SANDF man
You failed to defend south Africa here,
And you also just failed to defend your interrupted education.

Please tell us what is the opposite of "full fledged democracy". Illiterate Zulu soldier.

When I called you dyslexic denisovan, you complained I was harsh.
And I proved you're suffering from word-blindness.

Plus this, I have proved that pap and dagga has overridden your entire brain mass.

Nigeria has had democracy earlier and longer than south Africa. 400 years of isolation haa made you out of touch with the real world. You are a disgrace and the beautiful thing is that your ignorance is live on world view.

1960 to '66 Nigeria's constitution was parliamentary like the British , so there was Zik as prime minister.

1979, Nigeria changed to the presidential form of government with a chance in constitution amendment and Shagari was president from '76 to '83.

Guy, your head is so little in what it can contain.....but know, south Africans can't live with themselves in the knowledge that Nigeria always gets ahead of them.

Apartheid victims.

Conclusion you still have an inferior and discriminatory constitution.

Some of your laws still discriminate against minorities.

Now of you go to the Romance Section.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by snydergp1st(m): 8:59pm On Nov 25, 2015
lionel4power:
see this wannabe soldier...
you just concluded that your general is talking sh1t right? because he made that article not me.

Your problem not mine.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lionel4power(m): 9:00pm On Nov 25, 2015
snydergp1st:

Yes we have and GDF-07 units has already been delivered by Rheinmetall/Denel and the Umkhonto SAM delivery will only be completed in 2017 because the extended version is still under development
so basically you only have a 4km range gun as a GBADS?
sorry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by snydergp1st(m): 9:03pm On Nov 25, 2015
lionel4power:
the military denied it. . so I believe the military over an Internet stranger
Already proven with citations consult the archives.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by snydergp1st(m): 9:03pm On Nov 25, 2015
lionel4power:
the military denied it. . so I believe the military over an Internet stranger
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by snydergp1st(m): 9:08pm On Nov 25, 2015
lionel4power:

so basically you only have a 4km range gun as a GBADS?
sorry

No we have air defense systems and radars much better then yours. SANDF can atleast boast of domestic SAM system and Nigeria nothing 0 still in the stone ages

And what do you have other then old obsolete Rolands and GDF-02's
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lionel4power(m): 9:09pm On Nov 25, 2015
snydergp1st:

nothing was proved.... just mere rambling.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by snydergp1st(m): 9:15pm On Nov 25, 2015
lionel4power:
nothing was proved.... just mere rambling.

Like I said consult the archives.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lionel4power(m): 9:15pm On Nov 25, 2015
jln115:

Not every single country in the world has a military mate!!

Anyway:
Indonesia
Taiwan
Italy
Poland
Vietnam
Iran
Ukraine
Saudi Arabia
Singapore

243/31= 7.84 and thats considering that every single country(Even unofficial ones have a military)

we have 256 countries and dependencies
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_and_dependencies_by_population
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 9:31pm On Nov 25, 2015
snydergp1st:

No not the same SANDF got a clean audit reports for the last five years.

Meanwhile in Nigeria $2bn got lost that was meant for figther jets, helos and ground attack helos.
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/11/nigeria-orders-arrest-adviser-2bn-arms-deal-151118043340314.html
Still an allegation that hasn't been proven.

Let's look at the cases of peace time south African SANDF here http://www.sacsis.org.za/site/article/2168

Cant even imagine there has been cases of soldiers rioting for poor condition of service in South Africa before. Hmn, you really are very slow.

Go read up your case, it is far worse than any other African country.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lionel4power(m): 9:36pm On Nov 25, 2015

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 9:39pm On Nov 25, 2015
snydergp1st:

Conclusion you still have an inferior and discriminatory constitution.

Some of your laws still discriminate against minorities.

Now of you go to the Romance Section.
forgetforget the minorities, forget the poor constitution. Let's focus on your lies Nigeria's democracy, that's what the focus is. Don't try to be clever. The source you brought nailed you and humiliated you in pointing out that Buhari has truncated Nigeria's democracy 3 decades ago. And you claimed Nigeria has never practised real democracy.

3 decades ago south Africa was apartheid haven with 87 percent of the population living like low animals and destitute.

Now you want to cleverly change the focus of democracy to minority and constitution.

Bwahaha.
Please answer the question I asked you:

What is the opposite of a full fledged democracy?
It is a term you brought here. Please shed more light.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 25, 2015
lionel4power:

we have 256 countries and dependencies
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_and_dependencies_by_population
According to your source there are only 198 countries, anyway it doesn't make a difference as i would just name more countries.

Anyway i believe Vietnamese Mi 24s are armed with 9k114 shturm ATMGs
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lionel4power(m): 9:48pm On Nov 25, 2015
snydergp1st:

No we have air defense systems and radars much better then yours. SANDF can atleast boast of domestic SAM system and Nigeria nothing 0 still in the stone ages

And what do you have other then old obsolete Rolands and GDF-02's
rolands specs alone defeats your GBADS.
anyway this is old topic.... stop wasting my time
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lionel4power(m): 10:11pm On Nov 25, 2015
BREAKING NEWS OOOOO

FRANCE BEGS NIGERIA TO HELP THEM FIGHT TERRORISM

Following recent terrorists’ attacks in Paris which killed over 130 persons, the French Director of Military Intelligence, General Christopher Gormert,
today paid an official visit to the Nigerian Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA), seeking knowledge on how Nigerian security agencies are currently confronting the Boko Haram terrorist group.

According to Gen. Gormert , “In the area of geo- spatial intelligence, we will seriously rely on you to help us develop that capacity. We are in the process of setting up that department. It’s my first time in Abuja and it’s a good reason to visit you on Boko Haram and see how we can share
intelligence; that is the reason for my visit.” He stated further that, “I believe in building up capacity we must leverage on our capable partners like you to help us from the level which we were, to a higher level . “Like you know this phenomenon of global terrorism is catching all nations napping. It’s
something we did not prepare for including developing countries like Nigeria. We have to evolve new ways of tackling them and stamp
them out of existence”. Meanwhile, Nigeria’s CDI, Air Vice Marshal Monday Riku Morgan had expressed “sympathy with the entire community of France, and particularly the people of Paris, for the mischievous attack carried out by the terrorists on their city.” “ As a nation, we understand the feelings that you are going through right now, because we have
the same nuisance in our hands,”
he said. He recalled the visit of President Buhari to France early this year, which he said ‘’ brought about the serious synergy that both security organizations have today, between the French government and Nigeria in terms of intelligence sharing”. “I want to assure you that your visit is highly plausible. I recall that during a visit to Senegal
with the Chief of Defence Staff, we spoke on very serious bilateral issues on the need to encourage our Francophone brother nations to give us the neccesary support to defeat Boko Haram.
“We think that henceforth, such daily intelligence sharing will keep happening and this will effectively change the situation in the north
east,” AVM Morgan said.

some countries fighting terrorism
USA
Russia
Israel
Iraq
Syria
Ethiopia
Egypt
Lebanon
Afghanistan
Pakistan
Kenya

Yet they begged us to help them... NIGERIA MILITARY HAS NO EQUAL

http://dailypost.ng/2015/11/25/french-government-seeks-nigerias-assistance-in-terrorism-war/?wt=3

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 10:12pm On Nov 25, 2015
lionel4power:

rolands specs alone defeats your GBADS.
anyway this is old topic.... stop wasting my time

Roland is an old cargo of 1980 and its shelve life has passed long ago. It might not be fully functional as in present. You were supposed to have upgraded long ago.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 10:19pm On Nov 25, 2015
lionel4power:
BREAKING NEWS OOOOO

FRANCE BEGS NIGERIA TO HELP THE FIGHT TERRORISM

Following recent terrorists’ attacks in Paris which killed over 130 persons, the French Director of Military Intelligence, General Christopher Gormert,
today paid an official visit to the Nigerian Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA), seeking knowledge on how Nigerian security agencies are currently confronting the Boko Haram terrorist group.

According to Gen. Gormert , “In the area of geo- spatial intelligence, we will seriously rely on you to help us develop that capacity. We are in the process of setting up that department. It’s my first time in Abuja and it’s a good reason to visit you on Boko Haram and see how we can share
intelligence; that is the reason for my visit.” He stated further that, “I believe in building up capacity we must leverage on our capable partners like you to help us from the level which we were, to a higher level . “Like you know this phenomenon of global terrorism is catching all nations napping. It’s
something we did not prepare for including developing countries like Nigeria. We have to evolve new ways of tackling them and stamp
them out of existence”. Meanwhile, Nigeria’s CDI, Air Vice Marshal Monday Riku Morgan had expressed “sympathy with the entire community of France, and particularly the people of Paris, for the mischievous attack carried out by the terrorists on their city.” “ As a nation, we understand the feelings that you are going through right now, because we have
he said. He recalled the visit of President Buhari to France early this year, which he said ‘’ brought about the serious synergy that both security organizations have today, between the French government and Nigeria in terms of intelligence sharing”. “I want to assure you that your visit is highly plausible. I recall that during a visit to Senegal
with the Chief of Defence Staff, we spoke on very serious bilateral issues on the need to encourage our Francophone brother nations to give us the neccesary support to defeat Boko Haram.
“We think that henceforth, such daily intelligence sharing will keep happening and this will effectively change the situation in the north
east,” AVM Morgan said.

USA
Russia
Israel
Iraq
Syria
Ethiopia
Egypt
Lebanon
Afghanistan
Pakistan
Kenya

France does not seek help, it is only concern with how Nigeria is letting BH to scot free even to this day. It might be that Nigeria's strategies are malfunctional in defeating BH. France has citizens across Africa particularly on the vicinity of BH strongest host which is Nigeria. BH has in the past threatened to attack French nationals and it appears that they are worried since Nigeria's efforts in fighting BH have proved futile to this day. They want to find out what is it that Nigeria is doing wrong.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 10:21pm On Nov 25, 2015
lionel4power:
BREAKING NEWS OOOOO

FRANCE BEGS NIGERIA TO HELP THEM FIGHT TERRORISM

east,” AVM Morgan said.

USA
Russia
Israel
Iraq
Syria
Ethiopia
Egypt
Lebanon
Afghanistan
Pakistan
Kenya

http://dailypost.ng/2015/11/25/french-government-seeks-nigerias-assistance-in-terrorism-war/?wt=3

Yes the news is confirmed.

They will ask only the countries they find their tactics effective for help. That is a confirmation that the current NA tactics in the fight against Boko Haram is effective.

Why didn't they ask HIV sinking military men in South Africa for help? The answer is South Africa soldiers only know how to raapee innocent girls and their female commanders.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 10:25pm On Nov 25, 2015

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 10:29pm On Nov 25, 2015
iblawi:

Yes the news is confirmed.

They will ask only the countries they find their tactics effective for help. That is a confirmation that the current NA tactics in the fight against Boko Haram is effective.

Why didn't they ask HIV sinking military men in South Africa for help? The answer is South Africa soldiers only know how to rape innocent girls and their female commanders.

Is SA under insurgency you fool? South Africa fought insurgency long ago when you were not born and some of their tactics is still being used today including MRAPS. They devised MRAP to deal with IEDs.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lionel4power(m): 10:36pm On Nov 25, 2015
mzilakazi:

Roland is an old cargo of 1980 and its shelve life has passed long ago. It might not be fully functional as in present. You were supposed to have upgraded long ago.
old tech if well maintained works fine. the nigerian army engineers are excellent at keeping things in good working conditions. remember that the Roland once shot down the mighty armoured A-10.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 10:39pm On Nov 25, 2015
lionel4power:
old tech if well maintained works fine. the nigerian army engineers are excellent at keeping things in good working conditions. remember that the Roland once shot down the mighty armoured A-10.

Nigeria has no capacity to maintain missiles. There has never been any TOT in that field in history.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2726) (2727) (2728) (2729) (2730) (2731) (2732) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.