Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,103 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2732) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4444834 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2729) (2730) (2731) (2732) (2733) (2734) (2735) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 11:21am On Nov 26, 2015
stillchris:

How about we shift focus to Britain that fought insurgency at home for 20 years despite being a super power.

Idiotic saffers still thinking with ur arsses

There was no insurgency in Britain. There was terrorism there yes but the insurrection took place in Ireland. Any body unable to grasp the fact that Britain and Ireland are not the same is not qualfied to call any body a idiotic. Not to mention Ireland had been fighting for independence on and off since 1536 when the English re-conquer Ireland. The UK successfully resolved the issue through diplomacy mutch like South Africa delt with there issues.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by stillchris: 11:25am On Nov 26, 2015
DieVluit:

Well done for dropping the US example. Proud of you for taking counsel from South Africans. We note your desire to "shift" arguments.

Let us know if you want to now start afresh and take arguments on Britain.

Wow!!! Six lines yet no content.

And if you can quote where I used the US example I would gladly accept taking correction from a feeble minded saffer. I promise

Let me know if you oppose that Britain fought insurgency unsuccessfully for 20 years in it's borders and I'll be glad to school your small ignorant mind.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 11:27am On Nov 26, 2015
stillchris:

And if you can quote where I used the US example I would gladly accept taking correction from a feeble minded saffer. I promise

Let me know if you oppose that Britain fought insurgency unsuccessfully for 20 years in it's borders and I'll be glad to school your small ignorant mind.

Very smart of you to respond to "no content:".

You asked for the "shifting" of arguments, which clearly is an acceptance that you are begging us to move from the US example to your Britain one.

Only problem is, you are yet to show us how what happened in the Uk justifies Nigeria's failures at home.

Whenever you are ready, with thanks. You mean, the secessionist issue that the UK was dealing with. Pray tell, how is that similar to the BH issue?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lionel4power(m): 11:27am On Nov 26, 2015
DieVluit:

Listen here, chap. You need to make up your mind and decide whether you want to argue that:

1. BH hasn't been defeated because insurgency is difficult to deal with; or that

2. BH has been largely defeated.

If you are arguing 2, then you don't need 1 and you have practically wasted everyone's time.

So, please decide what your position is. Stop drifting from position to position, thanks.
now I'm doubting your mental condition.
are you a kid? must I explain everything in details, can't you deduce things yourself boy?

- BH HAS BEEN 'LARGELY' DEFEATED BUT NOT DESTROYED.
- THERE'S A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DEFEATED AND DESTROYED.
- BH ELEMENTS CAN STILL EXIST FOR A LONG TIME EVEN WHEN THEY HAVE SURRENDERED.
- INSURGENCY DON'T END OVERNIGHT.
- BH CAPACITY TO WAKE WAR HAS BEEN DESTROYED BUT BH IS STILL IN EXUSTENCE.
- TALIBAN CAPACITY TO WAGE WAR HAS BEEN DESTROYED BY THE USA BUT TALIBAN ELEMENTS STILL EXIST.
- YOU WON'T UNDERSTAND BECAUSE YOUR MILITARY DON'T FIGHT WARS, THE ONLY TAKE INSTAGRAM PICTURES.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 11:29am On Nov 26, 2015
lionel4power:
now I'm doubting your mental condition.
are you a kid? must I explain everything in details, can't you deduce things yourself boy?

- BH HAS BEEN 'LARGELY' DEFEATED BUT NOT DESTROYED.
- THERE'S A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DEFEATED AND DESTROYED.
- BH ELEMENTS CAN STILL EXIST FOR A LONG TIME EVEN WHEN THEY HAVE SURRENDERED.
- INSURGENCY DON'T END OVERNIGHT.
- BH CAPACITY TO WAKE WAR HAS BEEN DESTROYED BUT BH IS STILL IN EXUSTENCE.
- TALIBAN CAPACITY TO WAGE WAR HAS BEEN DESTROYED BY THE USA BUT TALIBAN ELEMENTS STILL EXIST.
- YOU WON'T UNDERSTAND BECAUSE YOUR MILITARY DON'T FIGHT WARS, THE ONLY TAKE INSTAGRAM PICTURES.

So if BH has been largely defeated and not destroyed, how does that deal with the simple argument that you are failing? It's very simple. Nigeria fights BH at home. Nigeria fails at its fights. Have you succeeded? No. It's very simple.

By the way, why are you shouting? Frustration much?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by stillchris: 11:29am On Nov 26, 2015
andrewza:

There was no insurgency in Britain. There was terrorism there yes but the insurrection took place in Ireland. Any body unable to grasp the fact that Britain and Ireland are not the same is not qualfied to call any body a idiotic. [s]Not to mention Ireland had been fighting for independence on and off since 1536 when the English re-conquer Ireland. The UK successfully resolved the issue through diplomacy mutch like South Africa delt with there issues[/s].

Northern Ireland, a part of the United Kingdom, is emerging from a period of conflict known as "the Troubles" and is attempting to implement an historic peace deal
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/country_profiles/4172307.stm

I guess I'm qualified to call you an id1ot then
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by stillchris: 11:31am On Nov 26, 2015
DieVluit:

[s]Very smart of you to respond to "no content:".

You asked for the "shifting" of arguments, which clearly is an acceptance that you are begging us to move from the US example to your Britain one.

Only problem is, you are yet to show us how what happened in the Uk justifies Nigeria's failures at home.

Whenever you are ready, with thanks. You mean, the secessionist issue that the UK was dealing with. Pray tell, how is that similar to the BH issue[/s]?

Couldn't finish reading. No content
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 11:32am On Nov 26, 2015
stillchris:

Ireland had an official army. There were splinter movement, but an official army was there, which already tells you the you are dealing with something much different. When you are happy, do tell us which land BH officially belongs to. Thanks.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lionel4power(m): 11:33am On Nov 26, 2015
DieVluit:

So if BH has been largely defeated and not destroyed, how does that deal with the simple argument that you are failing?
jesus Christ did you understand anything I said before? anything at all?
what do you understand by 'defeated but not destroyed'?

we are not failing.. if we were Failing France won't come crawling and begging for our help.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 11:33am On Nov 26, 2015
stillchris:

Couldn't finish reading. No content

You cannot cancel something out without reading it. Physically impossible. We still are waiting for a coherent argument from you on how the IRA story justifies Nigeria's failures.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 11:33am On Nov 26, 2015
lionel4power:
BREAKING NEWS OOOOO

FRANCE BEGS NIGERIA TO HELP THEM FIGHT TERRORISM

Following recent terrorists’ attacks in Paris which killed over 130 persons, the French Director of Military Intelligence, General Christopher Gormert,
today paid an official visit to the Nigerian Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA), seeking knowledge on how Nigerian security agencies are currently confronting the Boko Haram terrorist group.

According to Gen. Gormert , “In the area of geo- spatial intelligence, we will seriously rely on you to help us develop that capacity. We are in the process of setting up that department. It’s my first time in Abuja and it’s a good reason to visit you on Boko Haram and see how we can share
intelligence; that is the reason for my visit.” He stated further that, “I believe in building up capacity we must leverage on our capable partners like you to help us from the level which we were, to a higher level . “Like you know this phenomenon of global terrorism is catching all nations napping. It’s
something we did not prepare for including developing countries like Nigeria. We have to evolve new ways of tackling them and stamp
them out of existence”. Meanwhile, Nigeria’s CDI, Air Vice Marshal Monday Riku Morgan had expressed “sympathy with the entire community of France, and particularly the people of Paris, for the mischievous attack carried out by the terrorists on their city.” “ As a nation, we understand the feelings that you are going through right now, because we have
the same nuisance in our hands,”
he said. He recalled the visit of President Buhari to France early this year, which he said ‘’ brought about the serious synergy that both security organizations have today, between the French government and Nigeria in terms of intelligence sharing”. “I want to assure you that your visit is highly plausible. I recall that during a visit to Senegal
with the Chief of Defence Staff, we spoke on very serious bilateral issues on the need to encourage our Francophone brother nations to give us the neccesary support to defeat Boko Haram.
“We think that henceforth, such daily intelligence sharing will keep happening and this will effectively change the situation in the north
east,” AVM Morgan said.

some countries fighting terrorism
USA
Russia
Israel
Iraq
Syria
Ethiopia
Egypt
Lebanon
Afghanistan
Pakistan
Kenya

Yet they begged us to help them... NIGERIA MILITARY HAS NO EQUAL

http://dailypost.ng/2015/11/25/french-government-seeks-nigerias-assistance-in-terrorism-war/?wt=3

I see no begging. I see france wishing to share information and best practice. This is hardly the big event you all makeing it. Fact is you been fighting radical islamic groups longer than france so of course they want to see how uou do it. A smart man learns from his mistake's and smater man learns from other's. Same thing happened when Coalition forces started to suffer losses to mines. They noticed how others delt with it and copied it.

Does this means french intelligence agencies need nigeria? No they tracked down the leaders of the attack just fine, will this new found knowledge stop attacks? No since Nigeria is attacked all the time. What france gains is a greater understanding of there enemy. Art of war know your self and the enemy and you win every battle.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lionel4power(m): 11:34am On Nov 26, 2015
DieVluit:

So if BH has been largely defeated and not destroyed, how does that deal with the simple argument that you are failing? It's very simple. Nigeria fights BH at home. Nigeria fails at its fights. Have you succeeded? No. It's very simple.

By the way, why are you shouting? Frustration much?
I was SHOUTING because you argue like a 5 year old.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 11:34am On Nov 26, 2015
lionel4power:
jesus Christ did you understand anything I said before? anything at all?
what do you understand by 'defeated but not destroyed'?

we are not failing.. if we were Failing France won't come crawling and begging for our help.

In-between all the shouting and cussing, I might be forgiven for not finding coherence in your post. So, again, please when you are ready, I ask the question: if BH is now the deadliest terror group on the planet, how does that translate into "defeated"? And it is always possible to learn from the failures of others.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 11:35am On Nov 26, 2015
lionel4power:
I was SHOUTING because you argue like a 5 year old.

Don't shout, sharpen your argument. It's as simple as that. Until you do that, the question remains: how can a terror group that is the deadliest on the planet be deemed "defeated"?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by stillchris: 11:38am On Nov 26, 2015
andrewza:

There was no insurgency in Britain.

It used guerrilla tactics against the British Army and RUC in both rural and urban areas. It also carried out a bombing campaign in Northern Ireland and England against what it saw as political and economic targets. The IRA called a final ceasefire in July 1997
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provisional_Irish_Republican_Army

http://theantimedia.org/profiles-in-insurgency-the-irish-republican-army/

For someone in the military who cannot identify what an insurgency is, you seem better off as a navy kitchen cook that you are
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by stillchris: 11:39am On Nov 26, 2015
DieVluit:

[s]You cannot cancel something out without reading it. Physically impossible. We still are waiting for a coherent argument from you on how the IRA story justifies Nigeria's failures[/s].

Don't have time for petty arguments
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 11:40am On Nov 26, 2015
stillchris:

Don't have time for petty arguments

You do. Your responses say as much. And your entire argument today was started by my posts. So whatever you do, you are dealing with these issues.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 11:41am On Nov 26, 2015
stillchris:

Northern Ireland, a part of the United Kingdom, is emerging from a period of conflict known as "the Troubles" and is attempting to implement an historic peace deal
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/country_profiles/4172307.stm

I guess I'm qualified to call you an id1ot then

Now you say UK see if you started with UK you would be correct. Britain is not UK UK is not Britain. There is a big difference that one would know if he spoke to people there. I spoke in depth with a Protestant Northern Irish Royal Marine LtCol ret who served during the troubles. Dont call him a Brit he does not fight for Britain but fought for the UK.

The fact you said there was insurrection in Britain is why i said you unqualified to call some one idiotic. If you said UK i would have ignored your post like i ignore most posts here.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 11:41am On Nov 26, 2015
stillchris:

It used guerrilla tactics against the British Army and RUC in both rural and urban areas. It also carried out a bombing campaign in Northern Ireland and England against what it saw as political and economic targets. The IRA called a final ceasefire in July 1997

For someone in the military who cannot identify what an insurgency is, you seem better off as a navy kitchen cook that you are

Look! It's link after link now. For as long as you cannot deal with the fact that Ireland had its own army, you cannot do away with Andrew's argument that Ireland was a distinct land. Nothing like what is happening in Nigeria.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 26, 2015
DieVluit:

Exactly, they have the world's largest force projection, but they do not have legislative and tax influence in foreign lands. For example, you've had a state of emergency for how long now? The US cannot declare a state of emergency in Afghanistan, which would give them even more powers. Compare apples with apples. How would the insurgents fair against the US military at home? No need for you to answer that because we all know what the answer is. You are not dealing effectively with the insurgents if they are now the deadliest group on the planet. Bihari's administration has seen a ton of deaths notwithstanding his bravado when electioneering.

-Who gave the U.S legislative influence to carry out over 3000 airstrikes in Syria?

- Who gave the U.S legislative clearance to kill Osama bin laden in Pakistan

- Who gave the U.S legislative clearance to carry out raids in Somalia

- Who gave the U.S legislative clearance to carry out raids in Libya

- Who gave the U.S legislative influence to invade Iraq

- Who gave the U.S legislative influence to invade Afghanistan

- Who gave the U.S legislative influence to invade Panama

- Who gave the U.S legislative influence to carry out raids in Congo

- Who gave the U.S legislative influence to tap Angela Merkel's Phone?

We can all see that the U.S is a pariah state, and does not require any law to invade or attack anybody it deems fit.

Actually we do know, how long did the U.S take to diminish the influence of the KKK?

Do you want me to present you with the facts of Nigeria's COIN operations in the last 5 years?

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lionel4power(m): 11:45am On Nov 26, 2015
andrewza:

I see no begging. I see france wishing to share information and best practice. This is hardly the big event you all makeing it. Fact is you been fighting radical islamic groups longer than france so of course they want to see how uou do it. A smart man learns from his mistake's and smater man learns from other's. Same thing happened when Coalition forces started to suffer losses to mines. They noticed how others delt with it and copied it.

Does this means french intelligence agencies need nigeria? No they tracked down the leaders of the attack just fine, will this new found knowledge stop attacks? No since Nigeria is attacked all the time. What france gains is a greater understanding of there enemy. Art of war know your self and the enemy and you win every battle.
Please read this statements.

France begs
-According to Gen. Gormert , “In the area of geo- spatial
intelligence, we will seriously rely on you to help us develop that
capacity. We are in the process of setting up that department.

France begs us to take them to next level.

-“I believe in building up capacity we must leverage on our capable
partners like you to help us from the level which we were, to a
higher level .

then Nigeria replies.
- As a nation, we understand the feelings that you are going through
right now, because we have the same nuisance in our hands,”

TRANSLATION.
France; "please we seriously rely on you to help us on Intel., we are setting up the department.

france; since you are one of our capable partners.... help us to the next level"

Nigeria replies; don't worry friend we too had the same nuisance... so we'll help that's what friends do"

Do you understand now?

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:46am On Nov 26, 2015
patches689:

1. Fact remains that you are operating INSIDE your country and the US is deploying to FOREIGN LANDS

2.That is not what france is doing

It simply does not matter.

The U.S has by far the world's largest force projection.

The U.S unilaterally invades who, when and whenever it wants. Laws do not apply.

What is France doing?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 11:47am On Nov 26, 2015
stillchris:

It not military is geology.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Britain

Ireland is not in Britain. Ireland is a separate land mass. This is the full name of the UK

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Notice Ireland is separate since it is not part of Britain.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by stillchris: 11:47am On Nov 26, 2015
These south Africans are very foolish in thinking.

Insurgency is insurgency regardless of the cause because every militant fights for a different cause.

Islamic insurgency
Insurgency born from secessionist movement
Insurgency born from racial apartheid etc...

Britain fought insurgency in it's borders for 20 years (you fools couldn't dispute that).

Now you fools are shifting to "how does BH relate to a secessionist insurgency having agrees Britain failed to defeat it for 20 good years.

Dumb Zulus I tells ya
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 11:48am On Nov 26, 2015
Henry240:

-Who gave the U.S legislative influence to carry out over 3000 airstrikes in Syria?

- Who gave the U.S legislative clearance to kill Osama bin laden in Pakistan

- Who gave the U.S legislative clearance to carry out raids in Somalia

- Who gave the U.S legislative clearance to carry out raids in Libya

- Who gave the U.S legislative influence to invade Iraq

- Who gave the U.S legislative influence to invade Afghanistan

- Who gave the U.S legislative influence to invade Panama

- Who gave the U.S legislative influence to carry out raids in Congo

- Who gave the U.S legislative influence to tap Angela Merkel's Phone?

We can all see that the U.S is a pariah state, and does not require any law to invade or attack anybody it deems fit.

Actually we do know, how long did the U.S take to diminish the influence of the KKK?

Do you want me to present you with the facts of Nigeria's COIN operations in the last 5 years?

Hahaha, Henry stop drifting. Your argument is based on the fact that Nigeria's failures are not as pronounced because the US has failed to kill off insurgency in foreign lands, where it has been for a long time. So, blitzkrieg raids are irrelevant to your argument. We are talking about sustained warfare here, as per your original argument.

The simple response to you is that the US, without the security of being home, without the power over legislation and such, cannot be compared to a Nigeria that is at home. You deny that because? Don't start "presenting me with facts on Nigeria's COIN activities". Just tell me why a US in foreign lands is comparable to a Nigeria that is home based. It's not that complicated.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 26, 2015
lionel4power:

France begs

higher level .

then Nigeria replies.

TRANSLATION.
France; "please we seriously rely on you to help us on Intel., we are setting up the department.

france; since you are one of our capable partners.... help us to the next level"

Nigeria replies; don't worry friend we too had the same nuisance... so we'll help that's what friends do"

Do you understand now?

Simple!

I no no wetin dey hard dem 2 understand.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lionel4power(m): 11:49am On Nov 26, 2015
DieVluit:

In-between all the shouting and cussing, I might be forgiven for not finding coherence in your post. So, again, please when you are ready, I ask the question: if BH is now the deadliest terror group on the planet, how does that translate into "defeated"? And it is always possible to learn from the failures of others.
boko haram is defeated like it or not..
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by stillchris: 11:50am On Nov 26, 2015
DieVluit:

[s]Look! It's link after link now. For as long as you cannot deal with the fact that Ireland had its own army, you cannot do away with Andrew's argument that Ireland was a distinct land. Nothing like what is happening in Nigeria[/s].

Still unable to dispute Britain fought insurgency and failed for 20 years in it's borders.

I don't deal with petty divertive rubbish
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 11:51am On Nov 26, 2015
lionel4power:
boko haram is defeated like it or not..

It's easy to say "BH is defeated". Anyone can say that. The question is short and simple: On what grounds can we say that what is now the deadliest terror group on the planet is "defeated". When you have kindly listed those grounds for us (as opposed to shouting), we will get somewhere.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 11:53am On Nov 26, 2015
stillchris:

Still unable to dispute Britain fought insurgency and failed for 20 years in it's borders.

I don't deal with petty divertive rubbish

LOL we note with thanks you having taken even further counsel from South Africans and dropped the "United Kingdom" stance. Again, until you do away with the argument that Ireland had an army, you will forever fail to equate what happened in Ireland to what is happening in Nigeria.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 11:54am On Nov 26, 2015
lionel4power:

France begs

higher level .

then Nigeria replies.

TRANSLATION.

Do you understand now?

I dont see begging. Asking and begging are not the same. Making a deal where both sides gain somthing is not begging. I am not refueting the fact France wants to learn from Nigeria. I am saying you twisting facts and making it bigger than it is. By your example i can say the USA begged the SANDF to teach them bush warfare skills because they sent a few guys to be trained by us. Same ad the dutch and many others. Truth is they did not begg us they asked.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 11:56am On Nov 26, 2015
stillchris:
These south Africans are very foolish in thinking.

Insurgency is insurgency regardless of the cause because every militant fights for a different cause.

Islamic insurgency
Insurgency born from secessionist movement
Insurgency born from racial apartheid etc...

Britain fought insurgency in it's borders for 20 years (you fools couldn't dispute that).

Now you fools are shifting to "how does BH relate to a secessionist insurgency having agrees Britain failed to defeat it for 20 good years.

Dumb Zulus I tells ya

Never fought it in there boders they fought it in Ireland. And land they conquerd and colonised and tried to force there views and religion on.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2729) (2730) (2731) (2732) (2733) (2734) (2735) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.