Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,163 members, 7,860,170 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:16 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4464190 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 1:01pm On Jun 13, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

Why does it worry you? You are not contributing any of your taxes in our treasury.

Mr. FighterPilot, I am still laughing at your slow level of reasoning!! Why and how can you justify your misery and pain regarding Nigeria's level of spending and management of her infrastructural, socio-economic and military assets? Why have you been so interested in highlighting the things Nigeria does or doesn't do with her fiscal and natural resources? Give me an answer and I would equally have answered your childish question above using your very own words!

Until you change from your juvenile behaviours and silly ways of reasoning ... I am sorry to note that you are unwittingly trending towards being chronically hypertensive at your tender age. Don't trouble your young soul my boy!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 1:37pm On Jun 13, 2013
saengine:

Also laugh at how the British helped you with a C130 to move troops and equipment in Mali. That counts as a charter, whether you like it or not. Then when you're done laughing please send us the bill showing how much you paid them. SA has troops in DRC and Sudan. So spreading the work which would have to be done in those countries, plus domestic operations such as training paratroopers.....it is inevitable that we would have to charter at some point. Even the U.S does it from time to time.

Are you mad? You said the British helped ... so how does that amount to Nigeria chartering planes?!! In your dreams? We airlifted all our men and hardware and the British gladly came through to marginally help for a much more rapid deployment. Nigeria paid no one any money for airlifts!! However, it is very proper for miliary partners and allies to assist themselves. It represents how extensive our military relationships have gone. Bilateral military pacts are key to successful military efforts. As such France got airlifts from the US to deploy to Mali and nowhere did France pay the US nor charter planes. It is so funny how you callously make baseless comments just to counter clear facts that have been presented with verifiable citations and web sources.

SANDF needs to learn how vibrant militaries operate through working partnerships otherwise you'll keep bleeding cash and men like your de-horned Rhinos. Knowledge is not a right!! You must earn it!

http://www.afriquejet.com/news/1456-army-nigeria-has-deployed-500-of-pledged-1-200-troops-to-mali-dhq.html
[img]http://beegeagle.files./2013/01/290590_489949347713524_1622883741_o.jpg[/img]
[img]http://beegeagle.files./2013/01/naf-c-130.jpg[/img]
[img]http://beegeagle.files./2013/01/705206_489949294380196_863709155_o.jpg[/img]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 1:45pm On Jun 13, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Are you mad? You said the British helped ... so how does that amount to Nigeria chartering planes?!! In your dreams? We airlifted all our men and hardware and the British gladly came through to marginally help for a much more rapid deployment. Nigeria paid no one any money for airlifts!! However, it is very proper for miliary partners and allies to assist themselves. It represents how extensive our military relationships have gone. Bilateral military pacts are key to successful military efforts. As such France got airlifts from the US to deploy to Mali and nowhere did France pay the US nor charter planes. It is so funny how you callously make baseless comments just to counter clear facts that have been presented with verifiable citations and web sources.

SANDF needs to learn how vibrant militaries operate through working partnerships otherwise you'll keep bleeding cash and men like your de-horned Rhinos. Knowledge is not a right!!

Britain allowed Nigeria to use one of its C130's for troop and equipment movements. The only reason they would do that is if Nigeria requested it. You requested it because you didnt have the capacity to do it alone. That is a fact. Simple as that. You can try and talk around the point all you want, it won't change the truth. You were given help because you couldn't do it alone, end of discussion.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:46pm On Jun 13, 2013
DictatorZAR:
By the way South Africa has 8 C130's currently in service, and we do maintenance in SA we do not send planes to Europe to make them fly.

after the last upgrade in USA, nigerian air force engineers now fully maintain all our C-130 Hercules domestically at home in nigeria so keep quite and stop the usual empty soweto boasting panarama

weblink source http://kaiserslauternamerican.com/nigerians-receive-first-c-130-after-pdm/

[img]http://www.bre-spot.de/brespotde/diasbremen/xlw/2000-2001/NAF%20917.jpg[/img]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 13, 2013
saengine:

Britain allowed Nigeria to use one of its C130's for troop and equipment movements. The only reason they would do that is if Nigeria requested it. You requested it because you didnt have the capacity to do it alone. That is a fact. Simple as that. You can try and talk around the point all you want, it won't change the truth. You were given help because you couldn't do it alone, end of discussion.

I was the person who presented this information.

Britain gave nigeria a C-17 and not a C-130. We already had 2 stretch C-130's doing the lifts. The C-17 was giving to help nigeria ferry our armoured vehicles.

*2 C-130-H, nigeria
*1 C-17, britain
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 2:14pm On Jun 13, 2013
Simply for those who say Nigeria never uses air charters (or never has). Now kindly close your mouths with regard to this topic.

According to Air Vice Marshal Ibrahim Kure, the Group Managing Director of NAFHC, the 737 would begin operations with the armed forces, police and paramilitary forces but will also be available for charter.

"One of the statutory responsibilities of the NAF is to airlift men and materials into the theatres of operation. Due to high rate of movement, the NAF, in some cases, had to go into lease with other airlines to airlift men and materials for such operations,” Kure said.

"It is believed that with the introduction of the United Nigeria Airlines, which is the name the aircraft would be operating with, the dependence on the other private airlines would reduce," he added.

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30227&Itemid=107
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 2:18pm On Jun 13, 2013
agaugust:

after the last upgrade in USA, nigerian air force engineers now fully maintain all our C-130 Hercules domestically at home in nigeria so keep quite and stop the usual empty soweto boasting panarama

weblink source http://kaiserslauternamerican.com/nigerians-receive-first-c-130-after-pdm/

[img]http://www.bre-spot.de/brespotde/diasbremen/xlw/2000-2001/NAF%20917.jpg[/img]

Are you able to tell us when the other 4 C130 arrived in Nigeria?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 2:21pm On Jun 13, 2013
agaugust:

Chief what is your point? South Africa also does her upgrades locally, so what?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 3:11pm On Jun 13, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

Sir a beg in your rotten English. NigSatCom-2 and NigSat X are not military spy satellites. They are also civilian satellites, so what?

....answer my question about what 100 Nigerian military officers are doing everyday permanently working inside the satellite control room of Nigerian space agency....and ask if the Nigerian army combat operations satellite images of Baga and Bama anti-booko gram fire-fight published as evidence and shown to international journalists was a civilian spy assignment like DSTV movie relay into peoples private home Television for entertainment.

I laugh at you so much my teeth almost fall out.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 3:14pm On Jun 13, 2013
saengine: Simply for those who say Nigeria never uses air charters (or never has). Now kindly close your mouths with regard to this topic.

According to Air Vice Marshal Ibrahim Kure, the Group Managing Director of NAFHC, the 737 would begin operations with the armed forces, police and paramilitary forces but will also be available for charter.

"One of the statutory responsibilities of the NAF is to airlift men and materials into the theatres of operation. Due to high rate of movement, the NAF, in some cases, had to go into lease with other airlines to airlift men and materials for such operations,” Kure said.

"It is believed that with the introduction of the United Nigeria Airlines, which is the name the aircraft would be operating with, the dependence on the other private airlines would reduce," he added.

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30227&Itemid=107

The Nigeria Police Force can charter, but not the Nigerian Military Forces!! Yet how often does the Nigeria Police get deployed? Stop skirting aimlessly around the point I made. In 4 months SANDF chartered planes to lift slightly over 200 men and gear to CAR to the tune of R100 million? That is economic recklessness by the SANDF. Sadly, SANDF further fails to justify the expenditure by abandoning base and gear to SELEKA fighters. Nigeria knows when and how to work jointly with her partners to achieve our interests and missions. We have not CHARTERED and will not CHARTER to airlift our military men and gear to Mali or anywhere else!! That is why the AirForce has floated the "United Nigeria Airlines." Your link above clearly mentions the new Airline. Nigeria will not CHARTER like the SANDF. Mr. SAEngine ... what next?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 13, 2013
saengine:

Are you able to tell us when the other 4 C130 arrived in Nigeria?

Why is it so difficult for you south africans to read?? Nigeria currently has 6 C-130's in service. We have gone over and over this issue.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 3:37pm On Jun 13, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

The Nigeria Police Force can charter, but not the Nigerian Military Forces!! Yet how often does the Nigeria Police get deployed? Stop skirting aimlessly around the point I made. In 4 months SANDF chartered planes to lift slightly over 200 men and gear to CAR to the tune of R100 million? That is economic recklessness by the SANDF. Sadly, SANDF further fails to justify the expenditure by abandoning base and gear to SELEKA fighters. Nigeria knows when and how to work jointly with her partners to achieve our interests and missions. We have not CHARTERED and will not CHARTER to airlift our military men and gear to Mali or anywhere else!! That is why the AirForce has floated the "United Nigeria Airlines." Your link above clearly mentions the new Airline. Nigeria will not CHARTER like the SANDF. Mr. SAEngine ... what next?

Oh so NAF stands for Nigerian Police Force? Oh ok....how interesting. You clearly didn't even read the article. How sad
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 13, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

You again fail to make any cogent point!! DSTV satelites are not for military use. It's private property to which Nigeria/ns hold a fair stake. Anything else is noise to the ears!

Now what incoherent crap is this, where the hell have you seen me post about DSTV in the post you just responded to.

Since when has any SA poster referred to the DSTV sat as military grade.

It seems you just respond to post just for the sake of posting you are truly Delusional boy.

Who cares if Nigerians own a stake, I was just making a point, so go cry me a Borehole I don't care.

Now the only one making noise here is you, please its time to by fuel for your generator.tongue
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 3:41pm On Jun 13, 2013
Henry120:

Why is it so difficult for you south africans to read?? Nigeria currently has 6 C-130's in service. We have gone over and over this issue.

Then its a simple answer to a simple question. When did the 4 other C130's being fixed in the U.S arrive. Last year?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 3:46pm On Jun 13, 2013
Henry120:

South Africans are like a nagging wife long overdue for divorce grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 13, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Ask your Parliamentarians. At least they were applauading all the points President Jonathan made which you shamelessly want to deny!! Unfortunately, truth and history can never be denied!!

Boy don't try and teach me about my own history. Here make your mind useful.

"Unfortunately, truth and history can never be denied!!" grin
http://www.sahistory.org.za/people/thabo-mvuyelwa-mbeki

Go school a Nigerian who never new the History of his own people.tongue
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 3:54pm On Jun 13, 2013
saengine:

Oh so NAF stands for Nigerian Police Force? Oh ok....how interesting. You clearly didn't even read the article. How sad

Fools like Mr. SAEngine really die hard!!

saengine:

Until you provide proof of heavy Nigerian deployments on CHARTERED planes your best remains to speculate. While Nigeria's C130s and G222s are doing the rounds lifting and dropping-off our troops and hardware, SANDF is welcome to take a cue from our silent and robust military missions across the continent. It's a no brainer Mr. SAEngine.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jun 13, 2013
Henry120:

Oga, don't go insulting the president of my country. Nobody here on the nigerian side insulted zuma. It seems you are very silly.

So bro please!!! Don't be hypocritical, why didn't you express yourself when @Agaugust told us that Nigerian satellites will see Zuma and his 4 wife's doing the nasty from outer space or when your other countryman told me that Zuma should go sleep in his Kruger park.

It seems we from SA should keep quite when our President gets offended while yours should be respected and treated with dignity.

I strongly suggest both sides should refrain from insulting each others Leaders, even though we might have our own predisposed positions on both Leaders.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 4:04pm On Jun 13, 2013
DictatorZAR:
That's why you are crowned africa's kidnapping capital and most ethnically divided country.

You live in a glass house....don't throw stones. ! See what your south African c.riminal brothers did to an innocent Nigerian diplomat in your country

[size=16pt]http://m.allafrica.com/stories/201305020787.html/[/size]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 4:09pm On Jun 13, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Until you provide proof of heavy Nigerian deployments on CHARTERED planes your best remains to speculate. While Nigeria's C130s and G222s are doing the rounds lifting and dropping-off our troops and hardware, SANDF is welcome to take a cue from our silent and robust military missions across the continent. It's a no brainer Mr. SAEngine.

The desperation men go through when they've clearly been caught out is fascinating. Absolutely fascinating. You are ignoring what your own air marshal said. How sad. Hahaha
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 4:13pm On Jun 13, 2013
DictatorZAR:

So bro please!!! Don't be hypocritical, why didn't you express yourself when @Agaugust told us that Nigerian satellites will see Zuma and his 4 wife's doing the nasty from outer space or when your other countryman told me that Zuma should go sleep in his Kruger park.

It seems we from SA should keep quite when our President gets offended while yours should be respected and treated with dignity.

I strongly suggest both sides should refrain from insulting each others Leaders, even though we might have our own predisposed positions on both Leaders.

I did NOT call Zuma a b.astard the way your @fighter pilot called Jonathan a b.astard, I only spoke reality of how Nigerian spy power superiority can penetrate the most secret places in south Africa. I did you a favor by showing your a major weakness in south African military capabilities. You should thank me for helping you see a big hole in your technology level

@Agaugust

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 4:13pm On Jun 13, 2013
DictatorZAR:

Boy don't try and teach me about my own history. Here make your mind useful.

"Unfortunately, truth and history can never be denied!!" grin

Your history was delivered to your leaders in Parliament like schoolkids by President Jonathan; and like good students they gleefully applauded and clapped their hands at every key point he mentioned. That video is in public domain, that's why it hurts you to learn about your history from us who had pens that helped to write your lives out of bondage.

I will teach you your history my boy!! Our hands in writing your history cannot be wished away!! You cannot deny it especially when your elders and leaders who know better have not denied it.

DictatorZAR:

Nigerians KNOW your history!! We have our bold handwriting in the drafting of your struggle history. We co-wrote the story of your freedom!! And we'll continue to school you!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6Nc-WV-Q5M
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 4:14pm On Jun 13, 2013
DictatorZAR:

I did NOT call Zuma a b.astard the way your @fighter pilot called Jonathan a b.astard, I only spoke reality of how Nigerian spy power superiority can penetrate the most secret places in south Africa. I did you a favor by showing your a major weakness in south African military capabilities. You should thank me for helping you see a big hole in your technology level

@Agaugust

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 4:27pm On Jun 13, 2013
saengine:

The desperation men go through when they've clearly been caught out is fascinating. Absolutely fascinating. You are ignoring what your own air marshal said. How sad. Hahaha

Your desperation is epic!! R100 million spent in 4 months by a famed South Africa that builds everything in the spectrum of modern technology? The joke is on you Mr. SAEngine. The point remains Nigeria did not CHARTER, have not CHARTERED and WILL NOT throw away taxpayers money so carelessly in ongoing missions. Nigeria's C130s and G222s are still caressing the clouds and skies airlifting gallant men and their hardware to the places where they are required.

Where art thy might oh South Africa? In the hands of the SELEKAITES at the gates of CAR!!

http://za.news.yahoo.com/r160m-spent-car-054626855.html
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 13, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Your history was delivered to your leaders in Parliament like schoolkids by President Jonathan; and like good students they gleefully applauded and clapped their hands at every key point he mentioned. That video is in public domain, that's why it hurts you to learn about your history from us who had pens that helped to write your lives out of bondage.

I will teach you your history my boy!! Our hands in writing your history cannot be wished away!! You cannot deny it especially when your elders and leaders who know better have not denied it.

Nigerians KNOW your history!! We have our bold handwriting in the drafting of your struggle history. We co-wrote the story of your freedom!! And we'll continue to school you!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6Nc-WV-Q5M

grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 4:29pm On Jun 13, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Did we not provide proof that nigeria uses charted flights. Please explian how NAF deployed MTLB and other heavy gear to sudan with C130s.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 4:34pm On Jun 13, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Your desperation is epic!! R100 million spent in 4 months by a famed South Africa that builds everything in the spectrum of modern technology? The joke is on you Mr. SAEngine. The point remains Nigeria did not CHARTER, have not CHARTERED and WILL NOT throw away taxpayers money so carelessly in ongoing missions. Nigeria's C130s and G222s are still caressing the clouds and skies airlifting gallant men and their hardware to the places where they are required.

Where art thy might oh South Africa? In the hands of the SELEKAITES at the gates of CAR!!

http://za.news.yahoo.com/r160m-spent-car-054626855.html

Proof was showen that nigeria does in did charter flights. Only you seem to think diffrent.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 4:37pm On Jun 13, 2013
andrewza:

Did we not provide proof that nigeria uses charted flights. Please explian how NAF deployed MTLB and other heavy gear to sudan with C130s.

Except where Nigeria agrees/decides otherwise, we always take care of our military deployments. Sudan was an UN mission, and the UN is responsible for the transportation of troops and gear from contributor nations to the area of operation (be they Nigerian or Ethiopean). Simple and klaar!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 13, 2013
Henry120:

1.5% stake which amounts to 260million dollars. 1.5% stake means absolutely nothing for a company which is 95% nigerian owned. The only reason he sold that stake is make his company feel all encompassing, so as to list on the london stock exchange.
*dangote cement is the world's 3rd largest cement company, and he has the world's 2nd largest cement factory. Obajana in kogi state. With a net worth of 20.5 billion dollars, he is the worlds richest black person. Although I value his wealth at above 40 billion dollars.

Dangote sugar factory is the world's 3rd largest.

Nigeria uses 3 million litres of petrol yearly, the number of refineries cannot meet demand. You also have to deal with the issue of subsidies, which has made it virtually un-profitable for private firms to build their own refineries, hence importation. It is common economics.

The nigerian economy is larger than that of the countries in west and central africa combined, with a population of 167 million people and 55 million( representing africa's largest middle class), nigerian companies should ordinarily would still be very profitable only satisfying the local population. However not for nigerians, our companies are all over africa, led by UBA, main one, globacom, conoil, oando, zenith, chicken republic, dangote, silverbird, MRS, forte oil, Access bank, etc etc

Without power plants, we have an economy which is 350 billion dollars, with power plants, we would not have to listen to your drivel anymore.

I've not seenone of those companies you listed in SA or there products on the shelves of supermarkets.

Its also very narrow minded to say those companies don't need to diversify there income and expand because they can make enough profits at home. Those same companies who don't expand will be swallowed up in a ever increasing global village.

Now on the issue of refineries Nigeria has none I heart that Dangote's son is planing to built one. But you know for a country like Nigeria that is a OPEC member it should be strategic for Nigeria to have a 2million litres a day refinerery. Now SA has already 4 refineries and planing to built the largest one in africa in the next 2 years just to keep up with its current demand and to negate the reliance on imported refined petroleum products.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 4:44pm On Jun 13, 2013
andrewza:

Proof was showen that nigeria does in did charter flights. Only you seem to think diffrent.

Chartered to military or civilian planes? To visit or invade South Africa? What proof?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 4:50pm On Jun 13, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Except where Nigeria agrees/decides otherwise, we always take care of our military deployments. Sudan was an UN mission, and the UN is responsible for the transportation of troops and gear from contributor nations to the area of operation (be they Nigerian or Ethiopean). Simple and klaar!

So you need the un to transport you around. Funny how SAAF handels all there own UN deployment either with how own air craft or charted flights.

And in malil you need western support to transport. And that defenseweb post clear shows that NAF uses charted flights.

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.