Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,285 members, 7,860,665 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:02 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (340) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4464580 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 12:55am On Jun 15, 2013
agaugust: @GeneralJ long time man ! whats up ? have you heard that a whole south africa has no single satellite ? but they have DSTV in case you like their soweto movies grin

On the same breath who will ever believe that ATMs were introduced not so long ago in Nigeria when South Africa has been already enjoying services of this piece of technology for nearly over two decade. Furthermore, citizens of Nigeria started only recently to utilise GPS mounted in their cars to help them with directions on highways. The country that did not have even a single indigenous network provider until now recently when they launched their first ever network company in Globacom. The territory whose citizens never knew a thing about satellite television until now recently when it was introduced to them, thanks to MNet and Multichoice.

For your information, SA was the first country in Africa to ever shoot their satellite in space with courtesy from University of Stellenbosch Students. That is history my friend and it can never be deleted, thus, the writing is on the wall. I strongly judge people who are suffering from a mind of a rat because they do not foresee the legal implications of their action.

No country thrived in a balloon and don't ever allow yourself to be reduced to a black kettle that will constantly keep on calling the pot black. Watch out for your wardrobe not to end up hanging on marula tree!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:13am On Jun 15, 2013
EFX001:

@ Oga Henry the pictures are amazing. You sabi how we fit get them to oga beeg? Maybe Oga Fynline fit send them to oga beeg? wetin you think?

Supported.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by HezronLorraine(m): 1:42am On Jun 15, 2013
Someone said the map of africa is like a gun.Nigeria is the trigger,SA shoots it.neither can work without being interdependent.both countries are vital in africa's development.
Overall from this thread.I already have my answer to the question:
WHO HAS THE STRONGEST MILITARY ON AFRICA?
I want to see a simulation of NIgeria being the aggressor before coming to a conclusion.
@augaugust,u got some work to do to enlighten some of us here,let's see the counter-proof of the likes of @andrewza.guys get to work with that.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:54am On Jun 15, 2013
andrewza: HEAT warheads? From a arty gun firing indirected? Ok you just proved you only know the ficstion of war not the relatie of war. Do you even know how a HEAT round works.

so what ? there is a lot of funny ideas people have about HEAT warhead, but most are just imaginations not reality. i know the reality of war and you know the fiction.

i said HEAT rounds high explosive anti-armour/tank shells, i have two different things there, read my post again, HEAT shell is there and i called it anti-tank, to be mixed with regular ARMOUR-PIERCING shells and i called that anti-armour....i wrote both types so dont try to lecture me about types of shells.

artillery dont need to fire HEAT directly on armour to penetrate a warship, artillery shells land directly from above and not a slope that bounces off when land based tanks fire on tanks with different levels of turret depression/elevation which requires laser guide.

HEAT will explode without hot temparature, its the reality, any other belief is imagination by people who get confused by the name HEAT. google is your friend.

it was smart enough to mix both anti-tank and anti-armour shells together and fire both on the warships. valour warship is welded steel built to take shell hits in gunfire, artillery HEAT shells have double penetration power will pierce through its steel and bore hole into the ship, even down to its ammunition and missile storage bay which is usually below the deck but now penetrated and then one explosion in the south african ships ammo storage will trigger massive chain of explosions and the ship will sink very very much faster than normal.

my reason for firing artillery shells both HEAT and ANTI-ARMOUR types : valour ship has Welded GL-D36 Steel hull subdivided into more than 10 watertight compartments, as well as double bulkheads and box girders running lengthwise – proven to prevent hull break-up. i will use double penetration shells and increase chance to dig hole into its ammunition bay/storage down below the surface deck plus risk of its fuel tanks and cause huge explosion or huge fire. the ship will go to sea bottom faster than normal.

if artillery shell hits the missile cells the ship will have huge explosion of multiple ammunition and the deck will break up, no navy admiral will sail his warship in an artillery bombardment zone unless he and his crew have no wife and children waiting at back home.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:56am On Jun 15, 2013
andrewza: ..

@Andrewza normal fonts
@Agaugust bold black or red fonts

The change could be done in simmons town or durban. And the point is that the valour was built to take the reciol of the 155mm round. Never known the G6 to have problems with recoil.

[b]how many times will you change the goal post in this football game ?

when you made simulation of south african naval blockade of nigerian waters your warships sailed to nigeria with 76mm gun to fight NNS THUNDER and NNS ARADU. i surprised you by nigeria counter attack with 105mm and 155mm artillery guns, so now your navy ships want to sail back to south africa and change their guns to 155mm, do you forget that you are already 5,000km away from home base ?

you want to go and do that big logistics operation back in south africa 5,000km away, yet you said nigeria cannot move around its own 500 artillery guns towed with ordinary trucks/trailers on home soil ? is it only south africa that God allows to do logistics for war ?

you say its not certain nigerian artillery are all functioning, what makes it certain that all south african warships and submarines are working too ? artillery guns need very little maintenance, warships and submarines need regular and heavy maintenance, south africa will have 100 times more logistics and maintenance problems than nigeria, go see your Gripen jets in cold room freezer long term storage.[/b]

Point out all ready that we don't ever have to come in range of your guns. Ever we can stay 100 km away and still blokade your ports. Some thing you keep on failing to address is why the valour would close in on to the battriess. We could stay 50km out of the ports and laugh at you. Even in my first war game I menstioned the valour would not come in close.

[b]

in real war soldiers dont have a second chance to live again, nigerian army already sank all the south african navy warships to see bottom in the first surprise artillery counter attack when the ships were over-confident and entered nigerian territorial waters feeling superior to NNS THUNDER and NNS ARADU.

you keep changing the goal post, now you want to anchor your warships 50km away, when you posted comments few days ago about using 4 Rooivalk helicopters flying 10km away from coast to attack nigerian artillery, then 12 nigerian air force F-7 jet interceptor aircrafts showed up and you ran back again.

if you stay 50km away from nigerian coast you just carelessly created a big 50,000 sq km safe corridor for coastal oil barges to ship crude oil freely, and the baseline/shoreline is too shallow for any submarine threat. you defeated yourself.

you also dont know that nigeria can ignore oil shipping and simply extend its massive NNPC crude oil nationwide pipeline network from chevron's new oil rig base in lagos lagoon to along and beside the existing west african gas pipeline to cotonou, and in a few weeks 80% of nigerian oil and gas export flows easily to world market.

sorry you dont know how nigerian oil and gas industry works

i told you that nigeria has more than enough firepower to protect its 22km territorial waters, about 1,000 artillery weapons have range to cover nigerian waters from baseline coast to 40km and that is almost double of our territorial waters. south african navy running away from nigerian army long range artillery at 50km to 100km away from nigerian coast, weakens your patrol of the waters because you now have bigger sea of about 50,000 sq km to 100,000 sq km to blockade with only 4 warships ? are the south african navy warships become flying spirits that move in the air ?

south african navy is blind as a bat without any satellite to spy and monitor a massive nigerian ocean EEZ and yet your ships keep running back more and more distant into the ocean because of fear of nigerian artillery, with this tactical difficulty, the south african navy is already defeating itself by itself !

south african navy will end up sitting down useless in international waters 5,000km away from home and wasting the money that your government does not wish to throw away and achieve nothing.

south african navy 50km to 100km away from nigerian coast will give it a big problem, too deep in international waters and breaking international shipping laws by harassing american, european, chinese, and russian warships by challenging their free trade movements to indirectly blockade their own economy too, then those super powers will teach south africa the same lesson they taught iraq that entered kuwait where other countries have right to do business, and ask somalia pirates the lessons they learn from the super powers' navy warships enforcing free trade and safe shipping in international waters.

nigeria does not need to have artillery cover more than its 22km territory or say double it to 44km....anything outside that becomes an international issue because nigeria itself has no legal right to harass any ship outside its territorial waters by international law....

read and educate your self on this weblink http://www.gc.noaa.gov/gcil_maritime.html
[/b]

Since when did 2 opvs become 4 warships? And again talking about things you do not have. SA has more money to spend so if you want I can all so start at that game of your.
[b]
nigerian navy's 2 new Type 056 stealth guided misslile warships will arrive next year 2014, then we can all review their missiles, guns, ECM and ASW. too early to judge, but available information from china says :

The Type 056 is the first Chinese warship with module design, which makes it cover the roles from OPV to multi-role frigate. weblink http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_056_corvette

you can choose not to believe it, that is your personal day dream and i dont care. nigerian naval chief never called them OPV, he said they are ships, i dont know when you a south african became nigerian navy chief. http://www.punchng.com/news/nigerias-survival-depends-on-sea-navy-chief/

in case you dont know, ignorant jounalists call ships by any name that comes to their head and manipulate is anyhow....south african source here says your valour class warship is a small frigate, who gave him that misleading language ?

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6524:fact-file-valour-class-small-guided-missile-frigates-&catid=79:fact-files&Itemid=159[/b]

Since when is it mighty. I mean what makes it so mighty. And it is 49 not 50.

[b]49 to 50 units of Palmaria is almost the same number.

if nigerian Palmaria 40km range 155mm artillery is not might as you say, why did you run away from nigerian coast and put your ships at 50km distance away from nigerian coast ?

and why did you change your mind and cancel the F00LISH naval blockade to sail back home 5,000km away and change the guns on south african valour warships from 76mm to 155mm ?

you just proved how mighty nigerian palmaria artillery is because your south african navy ran away to change guns at home and sit away in a long distance deep ocean.

also know that every nation reacts to new threats, if south africa navy sits 100km away from nigerian coast and makes a threat, nigeria will quickly spend peanut $100m to buy so many chinese land based guided anti-ship missiles with longer range 500km and sink all south african navy warships to sea bottom, or if you are the one in nigeria's position you will not quickly buy a new weapon to defeat a new threat ? you need to think like an adult.

you see how F00LISH your naval blockade is ? i keep your navy uniform hanging on top of my mango tree until you learn real war.

[/b]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:58am On Jun 15, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 6:35am On Jun 15, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: Overall from this thread.I already have my answer to the question:

Is that so, now? A thread where Egypt, Ethiopia and many others aren't spoken for? Strange how people arrive at their answers.

I tire ooo.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:10am On Jun 15, 2013
CraigB:

Is that so, now? A thread where Egypt, Ethiopia and many others aren't spoken for? Strange how people arrive at their answers.

I tire ooo.

i posted on ethiopia long ago since page 13 to 20, however here is a repeat of one from page 288. ethiopia can defeat south africa

agaugust: .

[size=16pt]Ethiopia Vs South Africa....who is a better military in real war ?[/size]

the ethiopia does not make fancy photos of their military, however, i will like to post a few you tube videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ7l3J2W2xE

i observed south african air force, i see they dont do any great maneuver with their Grippen Jets like the ethiopian air force does with their SU-27 Flanker Jets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPCxNLCwXBA

...and you need to click the next weblink below and see the skills of ethiopian infantry soldiers
i dont know how south african soldiers can 'handle' these ethiopian soldiers....

http://www.ethiotube.net/video/16098/Ethiopian-Military-Graduates-Special-Force-Commando-Units-from-Blaten-Special-Force-Institute
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:15am On Jun 15, 2013
andrewza:

The only fool is you who has no anserws to the qustions I have asked. These are imporanted qustions that either destroy the credbielty of those who have not been able to anserw them(aka T-craft hull) or bring in to qustion the abliety of those who can not anserw them in under standing how sytems work (aka real time infomastion from satlites) or in genrail qustion the bielvied abliety of the nigerian miltary (aka does nigeria use high tech arty rounds that SA is one of only a few manfactoures. Did you know to fire the GPS round from the archer you need a very high tech set up of fire control and foward target marking sytem that only America makes. Only a few NATO countries use the sytem ) so the only fool is you and your frendis.

T-craft is a south african navy boat, i will not post its details for you, do it yourself or forget it. thats why i said it is a F00LISH question you asked me.

i wont repeat my self again, nigerian satellite has real time information equipment go page 336 on top, i posted it there with eblink source of its full technical details and capabilities. people have told me not to answer you on this poit again because it is another F00LISH question you asked me.

nigerian navy on the coastland has 15 radar stations spread around from lagos to calabar, new and modern built by israelis and americans. the radars are more than enough to see all south african warships in real time and report their positions GPS coordiantes to nigerian army artillery command and control every minute of 24 hours a day without any stress at all.

south africa is the one that is blind as a bat with no satellite to watch nigeria.

Global Security website reported nigerian Archer artillery guns, and wikipedia too reported it. if those two sources are not enough for you, then go and continue your day dreams in simons town sea side drinking more beer to erase your fear of nigerian artillery.

i never said nigeria fires GPS guided shells, i said south african ships GPS is known and artillery shells will spread all over the area like a carpet bombing, that is the traditional role of artillery and it has not changed since world war II or gulf war in iraq, and so the south african navy ships will be sunk to sea bottom, you hear me ?

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:18am On Jun 15, 2013
Msauza: That will surely be the true representation of the ideals for which I am prepared to die for.

nairaland internet forum is the wrong place to d_ie for anything, go now to Congo DRC, join south african army there....and where were you when south africans d_ied in front of seleka rebels ? death is not so far away if you want it my brother....choose the right location grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:30am On Jun 15, 2013
andrewza: Actualy the dakota have received a number of upgrades over the years.

...and that makes it as capable as nigerian air force ATR-42 Surveyor ? you drink too much grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:44am On Jun 15, 2013
andrewza:

You know there are SA pilots who have flown the rooifalk, Mi24 and the supper hind. The rooivalk is seen has the better helcopter. And since when is the hind built for air to air combat. The rooival on the other hand was built to carry 2 AAMs along with it's other load out of AGMs and rockets.

Should we post picd of crashed nigerian aircraft or crashed american aircraft extra extra. Simply fact SA has a A109 producstion line run by denel(not augaste has you cliam) wher the best nigeria can do is what.

none of them is built for air to air combat because helicopters cannot stand against jet fighter interceptors. Mi-35 Hind carries S-24 and i you cannot say it wont carry SRAAM.

that so called Augusta 109 Helicopter 'production line' in south afroica is actually an ordinary assembly line, or did south africa build the engine and its components, and fabricate the parts from scratch ? stop stealing other nations products and their glory. Ford and BMW are not south african products and so Augusta Helicopter is Italian.

weblink source :

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=13530:air-force-ponders-future-of-a109-helicopter&catid=35:Aerospace&Itemid=107

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:52am On Jun 15, 2013
andrewza: Nigeria did drive forces to malil though.
The delay was because nigeria was not ready. They took so long france and chad where forced to save the day.

France has its military permanently in most of its west african ex-colonies, the french maintain permanent bases there, but nigeria does not build military base inside francophone countries. Chad has logistic capability 100 times smaller than nigeria. Mali wanted french speaking brothers, the Mali government earlier warned nigerian army that they are not welcome in Mali and will be treated as an invading force.

Nigeria did not do F00LISHLY like south africa to enter CAR nation when all the people have not agreed to let you come in. that is why south africa was disgraced out of CAR, they came in neatly organized, they went out scattered by seleka. grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:56am On Jun 15, 2013
zetdee: I don't think Zuma is worse than obasanjo, the man even slept with a relative.

newspapers say obasanjo slept with a lady, that lady later married his son. i dont see crime in that, i just see sin. we were not even there with them in the bedroom or hotel, abi you were there watching the thing ?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 9:05am On Jun 15, 2013
agaugust:

nairaland internet forum is the wrong place to d_ie for anything, go to congo DRC join spouth african army....and where were you when south african d_ied in front of seleka ? death is not so far away if you want it brother....choose the right location grin

What a poor performance!!! By the way how old are you?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 9:12am On Jun 15, 2013
CraigB: Is that so, now? A thread where Egypt, Ethiopia and many others aren't spoken for? Strange how people arrive at their answers.

you said before that you were gone from this thread, but you are back now, sure you could not find any such brain stimulating forum in the whole of south africa, then you returned back to 'lagos' like @msauza grin

i personally posted a lot on this thread for Egypt, Algeria, Ethoipia. Their military weblinks, list of weapons, war history, photos, videos, etc. other people also posted.

when i posted Egypt vs South Africa main weapons beside each other, the south african guys here ran for cover. when i did same for Ethiopia, the south africans said the issue is between them and nigeria, that is to say, the lizard in pretoria vs the crocodile in abuja.

you asked for it, you get it. simple. now go to sleep you white racist, south africa has no single satellite to use for war today, nigeria has 3 plus several nigerian army built hi-tech space based military spy balloons.

south african military is fighting war as blind as a bat !

grin grin grin grin

algerian military

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LICtdQwkJwo&NR=1
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:13am On Jun 15, 2013
agaugust:

T-craft is a south african navy boat, i will not post its details for you, do it yourself or forget it. thats why i said it is a F00LISH question you asked me.

i wont repeat my self again, nigerian satellite has real time information equipment go page 336 on top, i posted it there with eblink source of its full technical details and capabilities. people have told me not to answer you on this poit again because it is another F00LISH question you asked me.

nigerian navy on the coastland has 15 radar stations spread around from lagos to calabar, new and modern built by israelis and americans. the radars are more than enough to see all south african warships in real time and report their positions GPS coordiantes to nigerian army artillery command and control every minute of 24 hours a day without any stress at all.

south africa is the one that is blind as a bat with no satellite to watch nigeria.

Global Security website reported nigerian Archer artillery guns, and wikipedia too reported it. if those two sources are not enough for you, then go and continue your day dreams in simons town sea side drinking more beer to erase your fear of nigerian artillery.

i never said nigeria fires GPS guided shells, i said south african ships GPS is known and artillery shells will spread all over the area like a carpet bombing, that is the traditional role of artillery and it has not changed since world war II or gulf war in iraq, and so the south african navy ships will be sunk to sea bottom, you hear me ?

Fool I will expose your TRANCON radar surveillance system tomorrow that doesn't even cover Niger Delta and several other coastal areas, including the fact that the system doesn't even have radioscope( which is a like a Camara system that see but can't communicate accurately)tongue

Naija fraudster I hope you find a new Lie and by the way There's not 15 coastal Radars, and those radars aren't even the type that would track and monitor ships in the caliber of Valour warships that has effective counter measures.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 15, 2013
agaugust:

Fool I will expose your TRANCON radar surveillance system tomorrow that doesn't even cover Niger Delta and several other coastal areas, including the fact that the system doesn't even have radioscope( which is a like a Camara system that see but can't communicate accurately)tongue

Naija fraudster I hope you find a new Lie and by the way There's not 15 coastal Radars, and those radars aren't even the type that would track and monitor ships in the caliber of Valour warships that has effective counter measures.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 9:17am On Jun 15, 2013
Msauza: By the way how old are you?

not as old as you are, but wiser grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 9:51am On Jun 15, 2013
agaugust:

you said before that you were gone from this thread, but you are back now, sure you could not find any such brain stimulating forum in the whole of south africa, then you returned back to 'lagos' like @msauza grin

i personally posted a lot on this thread for Egypt, Algeria, Ethoipia. Their military weblinks, list of weapons, war history, photos, videos, etc. other people also posted.

when i posted Egypt vs South Africa main weapons beside each other, the south african guys here ran for cover. when i did same for Ethiopia, the south africans said the issue is between them and nigeria, that is to say, the lizard in pretoria vs the crocodile in abuja.

you asked for it, you get it. simple. now go to sleep you white racist, south africa has no single satellite to use for war today, nigeria has 3 plus several nigerian army built hi-tech space based military spy balloons.

grin grin grin grin

How dare you reduce South Africa to the back seat! It is very disingenuous of you to liken SA to small insignificant organisms. Haven't you heard that a fly once killed a big elephant by simply finding its way into the nose of an elephant. Consequently the poor elephant as big as it was, pleaded with a fly for mercy, for it could not sneeze, little did it know that it was too late, for the fly did not have any BIG heart to forgive. The aforementioned tale is a reality and serves as a warning to never underestimate the might of underdogs.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:00am On Jun 15, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: Someone said the map of africa is like a gun.Nigeria is the trigger,SA shoots it.neither can work without being interdependent. both countries are vital in africa's development.

people say it was statement by german evengelist reinhard bonkke

Hezron Lorraine:
Overall from this thread. I already have my answer to the question:

I want to see a simulation of NIgeria being the aggressor before coming to a conclusion.
@augaugust,u got some work to do to enlighten some of us here,let's see the counter-proof of the likes of @andrewza.guys get to work with that.

both countries atarted to re-build their navies at different times. south africa has received her 4 new stealth warships, nigeria's 4 new stealth warships are to be delivered 2 next year 2014, and 2 year 2015. that is why i did not used them in the naval blockage simulation, they are game changers and will be a serious headache for south african navy, not sure who will win.

also the nigerian navy 12 units Fennec light attack/anti-submarine helicopters from France are yet to arrive, a simulator training module arrived last year.

it is possible to simulate with weapons on order, but will people accept that situation ?

maybe an interesting simulation will be nigerian army vs south african army inside abidjan when we supported opposing sides of the civil war in ivory coast a few years ago

people say nigeria will never go to war with south africa. why ? war history proves that any nation can fight another nation or even fight itself like the case of B.iafra, Bosnia, and Syria today. Iran and Iraq were close blood arab muslim brothers until 1980. Same with Egypt and Libya before the fought a mjaor war in 1977 and Ghadaffi lost to Sadat, total 500 soldiers dead, 100 Tanks/APC destroyed, about 30 jet fighters shot down within 4 days, then Algeria called for ceasefire and negotiations, stopped the war.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 10:02am On Jun 15, 2013
agaugust:

not as old as you are, but wiser grin

Really!!! Then how does it come that maturity is not representative in many of your posts. By the way I received a special invite from Nairaland to come and help to hang your whole wardrobe onto marula tree.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:03am On Jun 15, 2013
Msauza:

How dare you reduce South Africa to the back seat! a warning to never underestimate the might of underdogs.

south africa has no single satellite, so your military fights war as blind as a bat. simple.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 15, 2013
CraigB:

I tire ooo.

Can you read what is in his mind? Where has he stated he wasn't going to put egypt and ethiopia into consideration.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:13am On Jun 15, 2013
Msauza:

Really!!! Then how does it come that maturity is not representative in many of your posts. By the way I received a special invite from Nairaland to come and help to hang your whole wardrobe onto marula tree.

You, I thought you said you were leaving nairaland? How come after a couple of weeks viewing the thread as a guest, you are back commenting?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:23am On Jun 15, 2013
Henry120:

You, I thought you said you were leaving nairaland? How come after a couple of weeks viewing the thread as a guest, you are back commenting?

all of them could not find such a brain stimulating forum like nairaland in the whole of south africa...from pretoria to soweto to cape town grin grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 10:29am On Jun 15, 2013
Henry120:

You are very wrong!!! All this while I was in London visiting my sister. So, I am back here with a sole purpose of hanging someone's wardrobe onto a marula tree for the whole world to see.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 10:30am On Jun 15, 2013
agaugust:

so what ? there is a lot of funny ideas people have about HEAT warhead, but most are just imaginations not reality. i know the reality of war and you know the fiction.

i said HEAT rounds high explosive anti-armour/tank shells, i have two different things there, read my post again, HEAT shell is there and i called it anti-tank, to be mixed with regular ARMOUR-PIERCING shells and i called that anti-armour....i wrote both types so dont try to lecture me about types of shells.

artillery dont need to fire HEAT directly on armour to penetrate a warship, artillery shells land directly from above and not a slope that bounces off when land based tanks fire on tanks with different levels of turret depression/elevation which requires laser guide.

HEAT will explode without hot temparature, its the reality, any other belief is imagination by people who get confused by the name HEAT. google is your friend.

it was smart enough to mix both anti-tank and anti-armour shells together and fire both on the warships. valour warship is welded steel built to take shell hits in gunfire, artillery HEAT shells have double penetration power will pierce through its steel and bore hole into the ship, even down to its ammunition and missile storage bay which is usually below the deck but now penetrated and then one explosion in the south african ships ammo storage will trigger massive chain of explosions and the ship will sink very very much faster than normal.

my reason for firing artillery shells both HEAT and ANTI-ARMOUR types : valour ship has Welded GL-D36 Steel hull subdivided into more than 10 watertight compartments, as well as double bulkheads and box girders running lengthwise – proven to prevent hull break-up. i will use double penetration shells and increase chance to dig hole into its ammunition bay/storage down below the surface deck plus risk of its fuel tanks and cause huge explosion or huge fire. the ship will go to sea bottom faster than normal.

if artillery shell hits the missile cells the ship will have huge explosion of multiple ammunition and the deck will break up, no navy admiral will sail his warship in an artillery bombardment zone unless he and his crew have no wife and children waiting at back home.

What i mean is show me a arty HEAT round, i know of no HEAT round built to be used in any direct role or of any 155mm nato heat rounds.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:44am On Jun 15, 2013
zaandrew:
What i mean is show me a arty HEAT round, i know of no HEAT round built to be used in any direct role or of any 155mm nato heat rounds.

NATO does not rule the world, other nations too produce what they want or need. HEAT ammo has been around for many years since world war II. not only tanks fire HEAT ammunition, artillery too fires HEAT shells because they are said by some analysts to be the best large scale tank k.iller in major battles with heavy deployment of enemey tanks.

i may go to sleep, i have been online here since 10pm yesterday, its 1am my world.

i copied this from my personal file/e-library :

ARTILLERY WEAPONS

Artillery weapons are usually used in groups of identical weapons, so that they can be fired in salvos. This adds to the size of the burst area.
Rockets fired indirectly use indirect fire rules for scatter, and have a burst area equal to the burst area of the rocket times the number of rockets fired. Other artillery weapons have a burst area of one weapon plus 1/2 the burst area per additional weapon fired in the salvo.

Note: artillery weapons use high-explosive shells, their penetration is not affected by range.
* Composite Armor halves penetration.
Mortars have a minimum range of 1/100 their maximum range.
ARTILLERY AMMUNITION

These alternative round fillers can be used by any artillery weapon but the grenade launchers. The 230 mm rocket cannot use Armor-Piercing or Cluster-Bomblet rounds (it's both).

Armor-Piercing: for howitzers only. Doubles the cost of the shell and reduces the Burst to 0. Doubles Penetration on the 105 mm, triples the Penetration on the 150 mm and 200 mm.

Chemical: the shell is filled with gas or smoke. Triple the Burst, no Penetration. Smoke shells cost 1/3 normal, hot smoke (blocks IR and thermographs) costs normal, tear gas costs dou­ble, knock-out gas costs triple, and nerve gas costs 20 times normal.

Cluster Bomblet: the shell is loaded with bomblets. Double the price, triple the Burst, reduce Penetration to 4.

HEAT: this substitutes a shaped-charge war­head for the normal high-explosive. Double the shell cost, double the Penetration (and halve it again if attacking Composite Armor) and reduce the Burst to 4m. Works best when combined with Laser-Guided.

Laser-Guided: a laser-guided shell follows a painting laser to its target. On the turn when the shell hits, if there is a laser painting the target spot, the shell strikes that spot on a D10 roll of 4-10, otherwise it scatters 2D10 meters on the Grenade Table. Triple the base cost of the shell.

Rocket-Assisted Shells: artillery shells with rocket boosters. Double the range and number of spaces the shell takes up, triple the base cost of the shell.

White Phosphorous: anyone hit with WP sustains 3D6 burn damage to that location per turn for at least a half-hour, or until the WP fragments are removed. If the fragment hits body armor, it does its damage to the armor, doing full damage to kevlar and armorjackets (only flak jackets, doorgunner's vests, Metalgear and Powered Armor is proof against it). For instance, an area protected by an SP14 armor-jacket takes 11 points of damage from WP. The jacket is reduced to SP 3 at that location, and will be burned through next turn. If the fragment hits flesh, it burns its way in and will have to be removed surgically (skillful use of a knife or other sharp probe can do the trick if applied on the first three turns of WP burn). WP shells cost four times normal.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 10:51am On Jun 15, 2013
agaugust: .

@Andrewza normal fonts
@Agaugust bold black or red fonts

The change could be done in simmons town or durban. And the point is that the valour was built to take the reciol of the 155mm round. Never known the G6 to have problems with recoil.

[b]how many times will you change the goal post in this football game ?

when you made simulation of south african naval blockade of nigerian waters your warships sailed to nigeria with 76mm gun to fight NNS THUNDER and NNS ARADU. i surprised you by nigeria counter attack with 105mm and 155mm artillery guns, so now your navy ships want to sail back to south africa and change their guns to 155mm, do you forget that you are already 5,000km away from home base ?

you want to go and do that big logistics operation back in south africa 5,000km away, yet you said nigeria cannot move around its own 500 artillery guns towed with ordinary trucks/trailers on home soil ? is it only south africa that God allows to do logistics for war ?

you say its not certain nigerian artillery are all functioning, what makes it certain that all south african warships and submarines are working too ? artillery guns need very little maintenance, warships and submarines need regular and heavy maintenance, south africa will have 100 times more logistics and maintenance problems than nigeria, go see your Gripen jets in cold room freezer long term storage.[/b]

Point out all ready that we don't ever have to come in range of your guns. Ever we can stay 100 km away and still blokade your ports. Some thing you keep on failing to address is why the valour would close in on to the battriess. We could stay 50km out of the ports and laugh at you. Even in my first war game I menstioned the valour would not come in close.

[b]

in real war soldiers dont have a second chance to live again, nigerian army already sank all the south african navy warships to see bottom in the first surprise artillery counter attack when the ships were over-confident and entered nigerian territorial waters feeling superior to NNS THUNDER and NNS ARADU.

you keep changing the goal post, now you want to anchor your warships 50km away, when you posted comments few days ago about using 4 Rooivalk helicopters flying 10km away from coast to attack nigerian artillery, then 12 nigerian air force F-7 jet interceptor aircrafts showed up and you ran back again.

if you stay 50km away from nigerian coast you just carelessly created a big 50,000 sq km safe corridor for coastal oil barges to ship crude oil freely, and the baseline/shoreline is too shallow for any submarine threat. you defeated yourself.

you also dont know that nigeria can ignore oil shipping and simply extend its massive NNPC crude oil nationwide pipeline network from chevron's new oil rig base in lagos lagoon to along and beside the existing west african gas pipeline to cotonou, and in a few weeks 80% of nigerian oil and gas export flows easily to world market.

sorry you dont know how nigerian oil and gas industry works

i told you that nigeria has more than enough firepower to protect its 22km territorial waters, about 1,000 artillery weapons have range to cover nigerian waters from baseline coast to 40km and that is almost double of our territorial waters. south african navy running away from nigerian army long range artillery at 50km to 100km away from nigerian coast, weakens your patrol of the waters because you now have bigger sea of about 50,000 sq km to 100,000 sq km to blockade with only 4 warships ? are the south african navy warships become flying spirits that move in the air ?

south african navy is blind as a bat without any satellite to spy and monitor a massive nigerian ocean EEZ and yet your ships keep running back more and more distant into the ocean because of fear of nigerian artillery, with this tactical difficulty, the south african navy is already defeating itself by itself !

south african navy will end up sitting down useless in international waters 5,000km away from home and wasting the money that your government does not wish to throw away and achieve nothing.

south african navy 50km to 100km away from nigerian coast will give it a big problem, too deep in international waters and breaking international shipping laws by harassing american, european, chinese, and russian warships by challenging their free trade movements to indirectly blockade their own economy too, then those super powers will teach south africa the same lesson they taught iraq that entered kuwait where other countries have right to do business, and ask somalia pirates the lessons they learn from the super powers' navy warships enforcing free trade and safe shipping in international waters.

nigeria does not need to have artillery cover more than its 22km territory or say double it to 44km....anything outside that becomes an international issue because nigeria itself has no legal right to harass any ship outside its territorial waters by international law....

read and educate your self on this weblink http://www.gc.noaa.gov/gcil_maritime.html
[/b]

Since when did 2 opvs become 4 warships? And again talking about things you do not have. SA has more money to spend so if you want I can all so start at that game of your.
[b]
nigerian navy's 2 new Type 056 stealth guided misslile warships will arrive next year 2014, then we can all review their missiles, guns, ECM and ASW. too early to judge, but available information from china says :

The Type 056 is the first Chinese warship with module design, which makes it cover the roles from OPV to multi-role frigate. weblink http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_056_corvette

you can choose not to believe it, that is your personal day dream and i dont care. nigerian naval chief never called them OPV, he said they are ships, i dont know when you a south african became nigerian navy chief. http://www.punchng.com/news/nigerias-survival-depends-on-sea-navy-chief/

in case you dont know, ignorant jounalists call ships by any name that comes to their head and manipulate is anyhow....south african source here says your valour class warship is a small frigate, who gave him that misleading language ?

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6524:fact-file-valour-class-small-guided-missile-frigates-&catid=79:fact-files&Itemid=159[/b]

Since when is it mighty. I mean what makes it so mighty. And it is 49 not 50.

[b]49 to 50 units of Palmaria is almost the same number.

if nigerian Palmaria 40km range 155mm artillery is not might as you say, why did you run away from nigerian coast and put your ships at 50km distance away from nigerian coast ?

and why did you change your mind and cancel the F00LISH naval blockade to sail back home 5,000km away and change the guns on south african valour warships from 76mm to 155mm ?

you just proved how mighty nigerian palmaria artillery is because your south african navy ran away to change guns at home and sit away in a long distance deep ocean.

also know that every nation reacts to new threats, if south africa navy sits 100km away from nigerian coast and makes a threat, nigeria will quickly spend peanut $100m to buy so many chinese land based guided anti-ship missiles with longer range 500km and sink all south african navy warships to sea bottom, or if you are the one in nigeria's position you will not quickly buy a new weapon to defeat a new threat ? you need to think like an adult.

you see how F00LISH your naval blockade is ? i keep your navy uniform hanging on top of my mango tree until you learn real war.

[/b]

No i would not bother to change the guns out of the vallour, the frigates would not ever go more than 50 to 40 km from your coast, i was just pointing out that if nigeria wants to to buy and add new things on a whim because it suits them SA can do the same thing.

supporting 3 ships is a lot easier than all your guns and support they will need. By their nature ships are able to operate with little support

While yes they would run back some time a tactical withdrawal is a good idea, you may follow them if you wish.

how did you get to 50,000sq km you only have a few ports we need to watch. And large ships can only travel along certain channels in coastal areas.

Those pipes have a set max capacity, so show where you get 80%, not to mention oil and gas is not the only thing that your ports are used for, most of the world trade is done by sea.

you have about 500 max 600(590 according beagel) Arty guns excluding mortas where do you get 1000 guns?

And i have shown that SA does have a satellite but there use is not all seeing as you think.

You do know that a EEZ and continental shelf claims go beyond 22km not to mention the entire west african region is seen has your sphere by your 2001 defense policy

Sinc when did 2 become 4 and they OPVs that what the order is for.

very max range it can get is only 30km and that is using rocket asset rounds you have not shown to have any of these rounds so the best you can hope for is 24km.

i never said we would, i said we could.

Why would china choose Nigeria over SA show me why they would give a hoot about nigeria.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 10:56am On Jun 15, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Donian007: 11:00am On Jun 15, 2013
Henry120: Fynline, brother, Thank you very much for the pictures. Much appreciated. Like oliver twist, more more, we (I) need more.
Mehn this pictures are too good. @Fynline, think it'll be good if Gen Beeg can get these pictures. @Henry, i hail ooo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.