Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,209 members, 7,860,357 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:53 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (339) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4464372 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:37pm On Jun 14, 2013
Donian007: You must be a CONGOROCO. First: Nigeria never asked Britain for help to Mali, Britain out of her freewill gave us a C-17. Second: Its only foolish and cowardly to suggest that Nigeria drive to Mali. Third: Nigeria's delay to deploy to Mali was an intelligent move. Fourth: Nigeria has better heavy airlift capability than SA with our 8 C-130s, 5 G-222s and 2 Boeing 737s. Nigeria is betteroff for rapid deployment than today's SA cux we dnt spend foolishly and a stronger, larger, professional and more experienced manpower of over 100,000 soldiers soon to be increased to more than 150,000. I respect the defunct South African Defense Force(SADF) more than this lilly livered South African National Defense Whatever(SANDW/F).

Britain offered her C-17 aircraft to nigeria, nigeria did not ask for it, but accaepted the british offer. the British, Americans, Canadians, Belgians, Germans, were all helping France with hundreds of millions of dollars, strategic air lift transport planes, 4x4 army vehicles, electronic equipment, helicopters, and many other military hardware, but nothing was done to help nigeria, yet nigeria did not ask for help, we deployed on our own.

then the white-men nations saw that it would look racist and biased not to offer any help to nigeria who was doing very well on her own military logistics, then Britain offered one air craft transport to save face in the eyes of the watching world, here in america people had already started raising comments about why all the white nations were helping only france and not nigeria. in mali war, france got 100 times more foreign support than nigeria.

no country helped nigerian military to deploy 10,000 men and heavy equipment to liberia and sierra leone. stretched version of C-130 hercules will move APC/IFV Cobra, VBL, wheeled Tanks Sagaie and Cascavel, Artillery 105mm Oto Melara, Sandcat MRAPS, etc.

nigeria can do war logistics alone if it comes to that.

photo of Proforce APC made in nigeria, ready for action !

http://beegeagle./2012/06/29/exclusive-the-soon-to-be-inducted-made-in-nigeria-apc/

[img]http://beegeagle.files./2012/06/apc.jpg[/img]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 2:50pm On Jun 14, 2013
agaugust:

is soweto full of chronic liars ? that aircraft is not a jet engined aircraft, it is turbo-propeller and the engine is imported from Canada, see your own weblink saying it "Powerplant: 1 × Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A-66 turboprop, 710 kW (950 shp)"

its not a big difference from nigerian made air beetle aircraft. please tell another story that can sell in newspaper.

stop posting oryx and cheetah as south african products, oryx is upgraded french built puma helicopter, cheetah is french built mirage 2000 jet, can you stop stealing glory of France and giving it to south africa ? south africans here hate france so much but yet France is a major backbone of south african military equipment.

south africa has NOT produced ant jet engine aircraft, @snydergp told same lie here and we proved him wrong....and that your flying 'bed bug' is still in prototype stage.

Your argument does not hold any water because the patent rights are in the hands of South Africans. Even before the court of law, your case will be dismissed because of the lack of substance in all of your assertions which are driven and motivated by envy and jealousy . I have told you before, that the writing is already on the wall that South Africa is the manufacturer of that pieces of technology, irrespective of whether the engine parts come from heaven or hell. Thus South Africa is the only country that can claim intellectual rights to property with respect to manufacturing of all the above mentioned list. It is however in this regard that your case will prove futile.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:58pm On Jun 14, 2013
Msauza:

Your argument does not hold any water because the patent rights are in the hands of South Africans. Even before the court of law, your case will be dismissed because of the lack of substance in all of your assertions which are driven and motivated by envy and jealousy . I have told you before, that the writing is already on the wall that South Africa is the manufacturer of that pieces of technology, irrespective of whether the engine parts come from heaven or hell. Thus South Africa is the only country that can claim intellectual rights to property with respect to manufacturing of all the above mentioned list. It is however in this regard that your case will prove futile.

dont let me collect your lawyers wig and gown to hang on top of mango tree beside @andrewza's navy uniform grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 3:12pm On Jun 14, 2013
Augustine Again:

....some F00LISH people who wish to deceive you.

You the fool who is blind to the truth.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 3:24pm On Jun 14, 2013
Augustine Again:

....your growing list of F00LISH questions for which i do not have F00LISH answers.

The only fool is you who has no anserws to the qustions I have asked. These are imporanted qustions that either destroy the credbielty of those who have not been able to anserw them(aka T-craft hull) or bring in to qustion the abliety of those who can not anserw them in under standing how sytems work (aka real time infomastion from satlites) or in genrail qustion the bielvied abliety of the nigerian miltary (aka does nigeria use high tech arty rounds that SA is one of only a few manfactoures. Did you know to fire the GPS round from the archer you need a very high tech set up of fire control and foward target marking sytem that only America makes. Only a few NATO countries use the sytem ) so the only fool is you and your frendis.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 3:30pm On Jun 14, 2013
agaugust:

dont let me collect your lawyers wig and gown to hang on top of mango tree beside @andrewza's navy uniform grin

That will surely be the true representation of the ideals for which I am prepared to die for. Let the whole subscribers judge as to who will finally be succumbed to be hanged on the mango tree. Bring it on brother!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 4:12pm On Jun 14, 2013
Augustine Again:

dont dance around with funny ideas like a deer on drugs. when your valour warships came to nigerian waters they came with 76mm gun to attack, is it inside the nigerian waters you will be changing their guns to 155mm ? or you will borrow nigerian lagos shipyard/dockyard to refit bigger guns ? you forget that you are waging war 5,000km away from south africa home base ? you drink beer from bucket today again ?

fix 155mm guns on a warship built for 76mm gun recoil and you will k.ill your warships by yourself before nigeria attacks you. dont you know basic science ? Newton's 3rd Law Of Motion in Physics says "action and reaction are equal and opposite" so that 155mm gun will fire shell forward and recoil gun backwards and begin damage to that warship that is carrying the oversized gun beyond manufactures specification limits. even the GV6 Rhino chassis on its own is a victim of heavy recoil of a 155mm gun, that is the problem of heavy guns on a platform and towed artillery escapes the recoil problem.

even my first simulation compared south african navy blockade vs nigerian military counter attack using what we both have already, and south africa will still lose. you were not expecting my attack to come from nigerian army artillery, you own simulation says nigeria will attack south african warships with NNS THUNDER, ARADU, F-7JETS, ALPHA JETS, etc.

i just proved to you that in real war the enemy will surprise like seleka rebels did. the nigerian space satellites and new spy balloons plus too many 15 nigerian coastal radar stations (10 from israel 5 from america ) are far more than enough to locate, track, target and bombard to sink all south african valour warships in a 2 minute shelling surprise attack that they never expected.

50 long range palmaria mobile artillery, 70 Bofors Haubits and 200 D-30 towed artillery are more than enough to sink only 4 warships by firing in rapid 2 minutes 4,000 widely spread out HEAT rounds high explosive anti-armour/tank shells...no navy will every survive that. coastal based artillery guns are a ship k.iller and feared anti-ship weapon anytime anywhere.

when the valour ships sink, your submarine will be recalled back home to defend south africa against nigerian counter attack because the best south african warships are sunk to sea bottom....except the admirals in pretoria are F00LS then they will not recall those submarines back home. if the admiral is a F00L he can keep the south african submarine that is running out of fuel in nigeria waters waiting until nigerian ATR-42 Surveyor maritime patrol aircraft get fitted with the modern and sophisticated anti-submarine search and d.estroy equipment same as the ATR-72 ASW, and nigeria sinks the south african submarines to sea bottom also, and pretoria has no real naval power anymore ? that is reality of war in real life, you enemy will think, plan, strategize, and react to all your moves.

lastly i will tell you that in reality of life if south african navy blockades nigerian waters before our 4 new stealth guided missile warships arrive from china and china to mount nigerian navy defence fleet against south africa, the next thing nigeria will do is to quickly buy chinese long range anti-ship missiles and sink all those south african warships. if you are the nigerian chief of naval staff, wont you do the same ? think now, and stop being childish. no rich country like nigeria with over $60 Billion cash reserve will sit down and watch itself being pushed around when it can buy cheap 100 chinese anti-ship missiles for just $150 million peanut money.

go sit down men !

please dont disturb me again with this F00LISH adventure of a south african naval blockade of nigeria, it will end in a disaster, and the failure starts with the fact that south africa has NO, i repeat NO single satellite to spy and do recce against nigeria. south african navy will be fighting a wide area ocean war blind as a bat, not able to see beyond the small area where each ships can manage to see, is that how they fight modern day war ? south africa without a satellite today is like a world war II 1940 military in a wide area or distant from homeland war.

no wonder south african army did not see Seleka rebels mobilizing, deploying, and advancing against them untill the rebels were face to face with them in close combat.

now that blind bat eyed south african military wants to mount naval blockade 5,000km away from home against a major african military power like nigeria ? rubbish and heaps of rubbish called an idea !

please come back to debate this issue when south africa may have a functioning satellite in year 2017

Agaugust

nigerian army has 50 of this powerful Palmaria mobile long range artillery guns among its different type of artillery weapons totaling about 1,000

The change could be done in simmons town or durban. And the point is that the valour was built to take the reciol of the 155mm round. Never known the G6 to have problems with recoil.

Point out all ready that we don't ever have to come in range of your guns. Ever we can stay 100 km away and still blokade your ports. Some thing you keep on failing to address is why the valour would close in on to the battriess. We could stay 50km out of the ports and laugh at you. Even in my first war game I menstioned the valour would not come in close.

HEAT warheads? From a arty gun firing indirected? Ok you just proved you only know the ficstion of war not the relatie of war. Do you even know how a HEAT round works. You still have not explaned how your guns will get real time fireing data from any of your sensory sytems.

Again talking about things you do not have.

Since when did 2 opvs become 4 warships? And again talking about things you do not have. SA has more money to spend so if you want I can all so start at that game of your.

You are fool who should sit down and stop makeing him self look like a fool.

I have all ready point out how wrong you are on that point. But beive what you will the opion of a fool matters nothing to me.

Has pointed out infomasion from satlites is not real time. For either of our satlites. In CAR a reccon aircraft or UAV was needed. A gripen over flighted of the north was complecated but SA did not want to seem like a agrissve force.

Since when is it mighty. I mean what makes it so mighty. And it is 49 not 50.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 4:16pm On Jun 14, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: the little I know of his dirty shameless lifestyle.I can deduce he's a nymphomaniac.

And how does that make him a molestor. I mean who cares if he like give a littel. That does not mean he has commited any crimes before a court. If it is a sin before God then that is between them when jhe dies.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 4:20pm On Jun 14, 2013
Augustine Again:

which honour sir ? your fake weblink above cannot be opened, it does not exist. south africa nhas not built any jet engined aircraft, even your DENEL Rooivalk helicopter gunship you have been boasting of since page 1 of this thread, is flying with an imported engine built in France....south africa only welded metals together to build the helicopter body and electronics.

will your helicopter fly without the engine made in France and sold to you ? please manufacture another lie sir, this one is a penalty shot played over the bar, no goal grin

And the grpine flys with american engiens, you chinnes opvs will use german engiens, the finish AMV drives with sweddish engiens. Does this change the place where the concepte came up. I mean technacly the Cheata is south african it may use israle frames and french engiens but the concept and desghine are south african.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 4:49pm On Jun 14, 2013
Augustine Again:

nigerian Augusta 109 are not a south african product, they are 100% Italian helicopters assembled in the Italian company's branch factory in south africa, just like American Ford motors has factory branch to assemble cars in south africa and that does not make Ford a south african product. stop stealing other countries glory and giving it to south africa. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agusta

the augusta helicopters assembled in south africa also have a big problem both nigeria and south africa have been crashing and dying inside the c.ursed thing south africa assembled and the soweto d_emons follow it every where.

air to air combat Russian made Mi-35 Hind vs South African made Rooivalk, the battle tested Russian Mi-35 Hind which nigerian air force flies will win the head to head combat as a battle tested and world class helicopter gunship.

Rooivalk is a bogus untested south african helicopter gunship that no single country has purchased since almost 20 years a go, and you are boasting about it here ? nobody wants it except south africa, if it is as good as you say, one or two countries will buy your burdensome white elephant you call Rooivalk.

every country manufactures what it needs most at home and buys the rest from outside, nigeria manufactured at home a land drone unmanned surface vehicle, a land based anti-bomb remote control robot, high-tech space spy balloon, etc but south africa did not do such things. not only you makes modern weapons, so keep quiet now my boy.

now let @fighter pilot give us weblink to prove that south africa has manufactured a jet engine air craft by itself .

see the soweto assembled Augusta 109 helicopter you boast about kissing the ground and its south african airforce pilots R.I.P.

You know there are SA pilots who have flown the rooifalk, Mi24 and the supper hind. The rooivalk is seen has the better helcopter. And since when is the hind built for air to air combat. The rooival on the other hand was built to carry 2 AAMs along with it's other load out of AGMs and rockets.

Should we post picd of crashed nigerian aircraft or crashed american aircraft extra extra. Simply fact SA has a A109 producstion line run by denel(not augaste has you cliam) wher the best nigeria can do is what.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 4:57pm On Jun 14, 2013
Donian007: How deaf and ignorant can you be? You've refused to acknowledge the FACT that Sudan was a UN mission. HABAA! DUMMY, Sudan was a UN mission! SIMPLE AND KLAAR!

So because it is a UN mission they gained the abliety to telport. I know the american payed for them but not even america can telport stuff around. Simple fact is you needed forghine help to move them arround.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 4:58pm On Jun 14, 2013
Augustine Again:

has south africa upgraded its air force 1950 generation Dakota Relic of a maritime patrol aircraft to perform like nigerian air force 2010 ATR-42 Surveyor maritime patrol aircraft ? grin grin

Actualy the dakota have received a number of upgrades over the years.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 5:05pm On Jun 14, 2013
Donian007: You must be a CONGOROCO. First: Nigeria never asked Britain for help to Mali, Britain out of her freewill gave us a C-17. Second: Its only foolish and cowardly to suggest that Nigeria drive to Mali. Third: Nigeria's delay to deploy to Mali was an intelligent move. Fourth: Nigeria has better heavy airlift capability than SA with our 8 C-130s, 5 G-222s and 2 Boeing 737s. Nigeria is betteroff for rapid deployment than today's SA cux we dnt spend foolishly and a stronger, larger, professional and more experienced manpower of over 100,000 soldiers soon to be increased to more than 150,000. I respect the defunct South African Defense Force(SADF) more than this lilly livered South African National Defense Whatever(SANDW/F).

Regaudless of the polical speach behind it nigeria used a britsh C17
Nigeria did drive forces to malil though.
The delay was because nigeria was not ready. They took so long france and chad where forced to save the day.

The 737 that naf uses is civlian spec and fill the role of SAAF. SAAF has flown our troops around before and a lot of there pilots are ex SAAF or reserve force.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 5:05pm On Jun 14, 2013
andrewza:

And the grpine flys with american engiens, you chinnes opvs will use german engiens, the finish AMV drives with sweddish engiens. Does this change the place where the concepte came up. I mean technacly the Cheata is south african it may use israle frames and french engiens but the concept and desghine are south african.

Thanks Andrew, my point exactly. This man "Agaugust" is nagging like a baby wishing for a mummy's breast milk. He is beaten and lost with shame and disgrace. I quess this time around, his whole wardrobe is hanging on marula tree. Lol!!!

A poor Nigerian is suffering from a mind of a rat and reasoning like a female prosecutor. That's a poor performance.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 5:08pm On Jun 14, 2013
agaugust:

is soweto full of chronic liars ? that aircraft is not a jet engined aircraft, it is turbo-propeller and the engine is imported from Canada, see your own weblink saying it "Powerplant: 1 × Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A-66 turboprop, 710 kW (950 shp)"

its not a big difference from nigerian made air beetle aircraft. please tell another story that can sell in newspaper.

stop posting oryx and cheetah as south african products, oryx is upgraded french built puma helicopter, cheetah is french built mirage 2000 jet, can you stop stealing glory of France and giving it to south africa ? south africans here hate france so much but yet France is a major backbone of south african military equipment.

south africa has NOT produced ant jet engine aircraft, @snydergp told same lie here and we proved him wrong....and that your flying 'bed bug' is still in prototype stage.

More thn nigeria has ever done. And what about the cheata.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 5:12pm On Jun 14, 2013
Donian007: Ok hes not a molester but you agree with the post. GOOD BOY #pats andrewza on d head#

He likes women and is a bit stupid. The first one makes him a man the second one makes him a politsion. So I just don't see the point.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jun 14, 2013
andrewza:

He likes women and is a bit stupid. The first one makes him a man the second one makes him a politsion. So I just don't see the point.

I don't think Zuma is worse than obasanjo, the man even slept with a relative.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 14, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1324336/lagos-africas-big-apple-video2013

See lagos city above. For the south africans who have never visited nigeria, and want to see what nigeria looks like and lagos in particular, visit this link and watch the amazing video.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jun 14, 2013
Henry120: https://www.nairaland.com/1324336/lagos-africas-big-apple-video2013

See lagos city above. For the south africans who have never visited nigeria, and want to see what nigeria looks like and lagos in particular, visit this link and watch the amazing video.

Thanks for the video, I always enjoy the threads about Nigerian cities and development from rossike.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Fynline(m): 9:44pm On Jun 14, 2013
Nigeria troops in Mali

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Donian007: 9:50pm On Jun 14, 2013
andrewza:

Regaudless of the polical speach behind it nigeria used a britsh C17
Nigeria did drive forces to malil though.
The delay was because nigeria was not ready. They took so long france and chad where forced to save the day.

The 737 that naf uses is civlian spec and fill the role of SAAF. SAAF has flown our troops around before and a lot of there pilots are ex SAAF or reserve force.
Thank God you agreed that in airlift capability Nigeria is better.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 9:53pm On Jun 14, 2013
Tumisang: Naaigerians are so "mighty" and "great" yet a day never goes by without one of their own creating a thread about SA. Why the need to always compare yourself with the one you consider to not be on your level?? ??

Augustine Again:

its actually the other way round, the lizard nation of pretoria comparing herself with the crocodile nation of abuja, both are reptiles, but different category.

music : me and you no dey for the same category (2x), no be same category oh.....fela kuti

The answer reminds me of comical Ali of the Iraqi army - trying to deny the obvious obsession Naai-raland has with South Africa.

Some Naai-ralanders have even dedicated their whole existence to talking about South Africa.

grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Fynline(m): 10:16pm On Jun 14, 2013
State of emergency

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:17pm On Jun 14, 2013
CraigB:
The answer reminds me of comical Ali of the Iraqi army - trying to deny the obvious obsession Naai-raland has with South Africa. Some Naai-ralanders have even dedicated their whole existence to talking about South Africa.

it was you south africans who came up to challenge the great nigeria giant of africa, this Naira-land not Rand-land, and this topic/thread was created by a nigerian username @Frosbel, then south africans came here to talk and boast that a sardine fish can swallow a shark, what do you expect nigerians to do ? keep quite for a lizard to spit on a crocodile ?

grin grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:18pm On Jun 14, 2013
@GeneralJ long time man ! whats up ? have you heard that a whole south africa has no single satellite ? but they have DSTV in case you like their soweto movies grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:19pm On Jun 14, 2013
Fynline: State of emergency
thanks bro
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 10:20pm On Jun 14, 2013
agaugust:

it was you south africans who came up to challenge the great nigeria giant of africa, this Naira-land not Rand-land, and this topic/thread was created by a nigerian username @Frosbel, then south africans came here to talk and boast that a sardine fish can swallow a shark, what do you expect nigerians to do ? keep quite for a lizard to spit on a crocodile ?

grin grin grin

Er, I'd doubt there'd be more than two South Africans who came here for any reason other than to respond to threads started by Nigerians about South Africa. It's all over Naai-raland. South Africa, this. South Africa, that. Everyday. Some Naai-ralanders have even researched South Africa to the point that they could write a whole book about us. wink

But then, again, I smaak it.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Fynline(m): 10:28pm On Jun 14, 2013
State of Emergency

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jun 14, 2013
Fynline, brother, Thank you very much for the pictures. Much appreciated. Like oliver twist, more more, we (I) need more.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by HezronLorraine(m): 11:30pm On Jun 14, 2013
andrewza:

And how does that make him a molestor. I mean who cares if he like give a littel. That does not mean he has commited any crimes before a court. If it is a sin before God then that is between them when jhe dies.
the same bond ties a nympho and a molester together.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EFX001: 11:42pm On Jun 14, 2013
Henry120: Fynline, brother, Thank you very much for the pictures. Much appreciated. Like oliver twist, more more, we (I) need more.

@ Oga Henry the pictures are amazing. You sabi how we fit get them to oga beeg? Maybe Oga Fynline fit send them to oga beeg? wetin you think?

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.