Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,879 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:30 PM

Daddy Freeze And His Free The Sheeple Movement Against Pastors & Tithers - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daddy Freeze And His Free The Sheeple Movement Against Pastors & Tithers (49834 Views)

Leke Adeboye Speaks About First Fruit, Daddy Freeze And His Followers React / Tithers And Seed Sowers Like Us "Na Blessing And Favour Dey Rush Us"~ Obiwest / Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daddy Freeze And His Free The Sheeple Movement Against Pastors & Tithers by aribisala0(m): 9:51am On Nov 05, 2017
JamesReacher:
That's a recipe for disaster and greatness, the truth is yours to discover. BE BOLD.

You discover YOUR truth and let me discove MINE. OK?

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze And His Free The Sheeple Movement Against Pastors & Tithers by Chimezirim121: 9:58am On Nov 05, 2017
[quote author=YoungRichRuler post=62076289]If it's lalasticl.ala, it's frontpage

Well, I'm a Christian.
I give my tithes.
I'm not forced or coerced to give it.

Jesus died that I might have life in Abundance, to the full, till it overflows.

If folks under the old covenant pay 10%,
I'm under a better covenant and my God deserve more than 10%.

If I don't pay my tithes, there is NO curse that will come upon me because I've been redeemed from the curse of the law. [/quote

No more comments!! You've nailed it

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze And His Free The Sheeple Movement Against Pastors & Tithers by Caseless: 10:09am On Nov 05, 2017
YoungRichRuler:
If it's lalasticl.ala, it's frontpage

Well, I'm a Christian.
I give my tithes.

If I don't pay my tithes, there is NO curse that will come upon me because I've been redeemed from the curse of the law.
Jesus died? I heard he's still coming back.

You pay 10% to man or to God? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze And His Free The Sheeple Movement Against Pastors & Tithers by hahn(m): 10:27am On Nov 05, 2017
iamjavadem:

I am an atheist but I believe God exists in a form we don’t know. There are over 100 religions in the world, Christianity and Islam are the most overrated ones.

The fact that you believe in a god means you are not an atheist

And there are more than 4,000 religions in the world

You should try to get your facts right
Re: Daddy Freeze And His Free The Sheeple Movement Against Pastors & Tithers by dederocs(m): 10:30am On Nov 05, 2017
If you feel daddy freeze has a point, regarding the use of the tithes by the pastors , click like.
Re: Daddy Freeze And His Free The Sheeple Movement Against Pastors & Tithers by hahn(m): 10:30am On Nov 05, 2017
rhektor:

Nonsense? Based on what?

Everything smiley
Re: Daddy Freeze And His Free The Sheeple Movement Against Pastors & Tithers by Decryptor(m): 10:41am On Nov 05, 2017
YoungRichRuler:
If it's lalasticl.ala, it's frontpage

Well, I'm a Christian.
I give my tithes.

If I don't pay my tithes, there is NO curse that will come upon me because I've been redeemed from the curse of the law.

You have just said it all! Tithing should be based on personal decision.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze And His Free The Sheeple Movement Against Pastors & Tithers by ibnzubair(m): 10:44am On Nov 05, 2017
MrMystrO:
I am not a Christian neither do i belong to any Religion whatsoever, but i do believe Religion is still an absolute necessity For a lot of people, especially those from Third world countries like Nigeria! Yes, and here's why i think so: :
I am a deist, or theist at best, But contrary to my previous beliefs, i don't think our people,that is, ordinary Nigerians are Ready for the Raw undiluted truths about Reality and Life just yet. Religion was designed by a Group of Extremely smart men as a Tool for General mental slavery for the masses by playing on the mind of the individual, Providing them with easy answers to the most fundamental questions we ask as humans, Thereby keeping them all away from seeking further truths, and instead more concerned about other less complex things. The Truth is that this has really helped in keeping the masses in a tightly controlled state and also helped avoid the chaos that would occur if people discovered the real truths about Reality and Life itself. I do think the decline of Religion is inevitable and someday, our future generations to come will look back and laugh at how stupid we were for actually Believing some of the most unrealistic, extremely obvious fables man has ever known, and still claim to be advanced people. But That is still a long way to come and as for now, people especially in countries like Nigeria don't need to know the Raw truths just yet, Imagine a Murderer or a kidnapper,or a robber or rapist eventually turning to an atheist?? Doesn't sound too Nice right? What will be the inner force that will torment their conscience after committing Horrible acts? Some people haven't developed stable minds up to this time, to be able to act Right and possess good moral standards without religion just yet. So most people still need Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed and the rest in their lives for now before they can talk about moving on to deeper truths. So contrary to my previous beliefs that we as a people need to be free from Religious slavery, I now realize that Religion is absolutely necessary to Help maintain Order in the Society so for now, Daddy freeze should let Christians and other people practicing their various religions to be. This is my own take on this Topic.

Nice one 'Robert Langdon'

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze And His Free The Sheeple Movement Against Pastors & Tithers by davillian(m): 10:48am On Nov 05, 2017
I've been trying to ignore this tithe issue but I know one day I would be forced to speak against it.
I don't pay tithes I know the truth about tithes according to the scriptures.
Re: Daddy Freeze And His Free The Sheeple Movement Against Pastors & Tithers by AlanSugar(m): 11:11am On Nov 05, 2017
JohnGainsville:
Only few understand the principle behind Tithing, just like charity... As you give wholeheartedly it comes back to you multiplied.

I think you're getting it wrong. There's really nothing like tithing where as charity is the real tithing. Tithing according to the Bible means giving to the less privileged and not giving to the already rich so they can enrich themselves the more and live in excessive opulence. Whatever happened to "vanity upon vanity ", are your pastors immune to that phrase, will their private jets be flown to heaven? If you want to donate towards the church project, buy chairs or sand and cement, if they like let them sell it off and buy their big big shoes and expensive clothes from the proceeds. Someone is stealing from you, you know it but you prefer to ask God to judge just because he uses the Bible to effect the stealing, is that how it should be?
God had warned us to "beware of false prophets ",maybe daddy freeze is using that power of authority by awareness to preach his awareness in order to free the sheeple. Haba, don't you know a lot of pastors tell lies just for material gains? Those that sleep with people's wives nko? To me, they are all the same. Better to belong to an orthodox church than tag along with these fraudsters.

2 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze And His Free The Sheeple Movement Against Pastors & Tithers by AlanSugar(m): 11:26am On Nov 05, 2017
dayowunmi:
The claim that payment of Tithes enrich pastors is unnecessary. Tithe was meant for pastors welfare in the first place. Perhaps Freeze forgets that some of these churches have thousands of pastors working on full time and some even have missionaries, tithes is meant to be used for paying them salaries! He makes stupid comments as if the G.O's are the only pastors of their respective churches. Don't be surprised if some of these G.O's don't even touch tithe money! Look at the words of Paul "In the same way, the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should receive their living from the gospel" 1 Corinthians 9:14 Tithe, offerings and First fruits are all scriptural and are means through which the church is meant to generate income to take care of salaries, building projects and general church maintenance and other programs. I seriously don't get what the ruse is all about

Hmmm, @ "thousands of pastors working on full time.... ", like seriously? Like you don't know they are all agents of the tithe collecting system? Most of the so called thousand pastors slug it out on their own, every penny they make from their local parish gets remitted to HQs. I had a personal discuss with one of them who was managing a branch in my locality where they used one of my properties for the branch. He was always complaining of lack of funds and when I asked him what he does with his offering and tithes, "everything gets sent to headquarters ", his feeding is on him, his tp is on him, etc. He said he only gets like 10k monthly for his sustenance! If these GOs were paying out as you claim, seriously, do you think they'll be much left for the purchase of private jets and the expensive lifestyles they live? Pls think.
Re: Daddy Freeze And His Free The Sheeple Movement Against Pastors & Tithers by nemynely(m): 11:42am On Nov 05, 2017
@lala
I really don't think this thread is necessary. Rather just disseminate the video freeze had with sahara and leave people to decide for themselves.
Re: Daddy Freeze And His Free The Sheeple Movement Against Pastors & Tithers by AlanSugar(m): 11:46am On Nov 05, 2017
I really don't think freeze is against tithing but like me, I think he's against tithing to the rich. Tithing, as was in the days of the Old Testament was designed to take care of the poor, and even if it's to be imbibed in today's spiritual practices, it's status quo should still be respected and maintained! Today, it is common knowledge that pastors see tithing as a free and easy means to owning a private jet. If anybody disagrees then the person had better start telling me that pastors print raw cash or that God Himself pays for the jets! If tithes were judiciously used to cater for the poor as commanded by God, certainly there wouldn't be much left for the GOs' outstanding lives of opulence. Vanity upon vanity, are they immune to it?? We need to think a bit. I'm not saying don't pay tithe, as long as it is tithe, it can be paid anywhere. Try destitute homes, prisons, hospitals, psychiatric homes and so on. You will see the difference, if not in you then in the society. This is what pastors were meant to do but for selfish interests or because of lack of faith in God, they decided to get wise while being foolish. No pastor should live above any moderate life! A servant of God cannot be a king on earth, it's not possible. Let the elevation be when he gets to heaven. Pastor EEOkon, we know only you has got /will get to heaven among your peers. Rest in peace sir.
Re: Daddy Freeze And His Free The Sheeple Movement Against Pastors & Tithers by Inova(m): 12:05pm On Nov 05, 2017
MrMystrO:
I am not a Christian neither do i belong to any Religion whatsoever, but i do believe Religion is still an absolute necessity For a lot of people, especially those from Third world countries like Nigeria! Yes, and here's why i think so: :
I am a deist, or theist at best, But contrary to my previous beliefs, i don't think our people,that is, ordinary Nigerians are Ready for the Raw undiluted truths about Reality and Life just yet. Religion was designed by a Group of Extremely smart men as a Tool for General mental slavery for the masses by playing on the mind of the individual, Providing them with easy answers to the most fundamental questions we ask as humans, Thereby keeping them all away from seeking further truths, and instead more concerned about other less complex things. The Truth is that this has really helped in keeping the masses in a tightly controlled state and also helped avoid the chaos that would occur if people discovered the real truths about Reality and Life itself. I do think the decline of Religion is inevitable and someday, our future generations to come will look back and laugh at how stupid we were for actually Believing some of the most unrealistic, extremely obvious fables man has ever known, and still claim to be advanced people. But That is still a long way to come and as for now, people especially in countries like Nigeria don't need to know the Raw truths just yet, Imagine a Murderer or a kidnapper,or a robber or rapist eventually turning to an atheist?? Doesn't sound too Nice right? What will be the inner force that will torment their conscience after committing Horrible acts? Some people haven't developed stable minds up to this time, to be able to act Right and possess good moral standards without religion just yet. So most people still need Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed and the rest in their lives for now before they can talk about moving on to deeper truths. So contrary to my previous beliefs that we as a people need to be free from Religious slavery, I now realize that Religion is absolutely necessary to Help maintain Order in the Society so for now, Daddy freeze should let Christians and other people practicing their various religions to be. This is my own take on this Topic.
EXTREMELY BRILLIANT POST!!!!!!!!. I Duff my hat for you.
Re: Daddy Freeze And His Free The Sheeple Movement Against Pastors & Tithers by Creamybabe(f): 12:06pm On Nov 05, 2017
Why should I hold on to God's portion when he has blessed me(Malachi 3:10). Daddy freeze is talking from his own perspective of what he understands by tithing. And he wants to discourage tithers. You pay your tithe in the house of God, sow seed to the less previledge And give to the poor. Is not your duty to pokenose what tithe is used for. You have done your part, leave the rest for God.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze And His Free The Sheeple Movement Against Pastors & Tithers by MrMystrO(m): 12:14pm On Nov 05, 2017
Inova:

EXTREMELY BRILLIANT POST!!!!!!!!. I Duff my hat for you.

Lol Thank You Sir.
Re: Daddy Freeze And His Free The Sheeple Movement Against Pastors & Tithers by YelloweWest: 12:55pm On Nov 05, 2017
Notmyproblem:

I never said I didn't believe in God, I am trying to find the relationship between misfortune and paying tithe. In your statement you made a bold claim to that effect.

In my simple mind the first thing I would think about is the economy not that Good is trying to avenge Himself.

Maybe I am wrong which was why I asked for explanation. If I recall correctly based on your other posts I would assume that you would at least give me a logical explanation rather than glossing it over.

Come to think of it, why did your husband get "punished" because of you not paying tithe? So let assume your husband pays so his couldn't get him out of it? Or he does not pay so he is riding on your blessings? Sorry your statement raised a lot of red flags.
Logic is science.
Belief in God is through faith.
Re: Daddy Freeze And His Free The Sheeple Movement Against Pastors & Tithers by Larriekay: 12:57pm On Nov 05, 2017
eleojo23:
Rebellion comes when you make something a law.
The reason why some Christians are supporting Freeze is because most preachers have made it a law and even threaten people that their lives will be cursed because they don't give tithe. Some even say stuffs like "if you don't give tithe, your life will be tight"
That is incorrect. Jesus has borne all the curse for us on the cross.
However, there is a blessing that comes from giving as the scripture encourages us to give and it shall be given to us. And Paul encourages us to give willingly.

So the basis of our giving is not to avert any curse but rather to open ourselves up for the blessings that come with giving. If you don't give, there is no curse but you may not enjoy that extra blessing that comes from giving.
Have you noticed that people who have the habit of giving, always have more to give? That is a divine principle.
In fact, I encourage people to give as much as they can, even more than the 10%.
The fact is, if we understand how much God loves us with an everlasting love, our resources (money and all) would be at his disposal for his use.
awesome.
Re: Daddy Freeze And His Free The Sheeple Movement Against Pastors & Tithers by SwagPower: 1:12pm On Nov 05, 2017
MrMystrO:
I a
..Wat u wrote up dere is biutiful.. Prolly dt most biutiful tin av read on dis forum..

Although I myt not b overly religious myself.. I still believe the world needs religion.. Humans nid a check and balance.. Imagine a situation where everyone believes there's is nothing after death.. No hell it heaven..

Wat is to stop some people pple from commiting heinous crimes against fellow humans.. Religions keeps some of our most despicable attributes under lock n key.. Although some of us have transcended Dt primitive stage and capable of Humane deeds without d fear that religion peddles...
Religion is wat stands between humans n total anarchy..

Dts y I'd say to fellow skeptics.. Dnt go Abt castigating pple's beliefs.. Most of us were like dem b4 our awakening.. Lead dem gently away from d indoctrination.. Insults n mocking their beliefs will Neva make dem change..

As psychology has proved the more u tried to convince som1 dt dey r wrong.. The more tightly dey hold on to deir beliefs either our of sheer stubbornness or a slighted Ego..

#Shalom..grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daddy Freeze And His Free The Sheeple Movement Against Pastors & Tithers by delexy123: 1:19pm On Nov 05, 2017
SonyObsessed:
I'm an atheist, so i support Daddy Freeze. #FreeTheSheeple #FreeThemAll
You are a fake atheist at that if you care about what happen in the church community.
Re: Daddy Freeze And His Free The Sheeple Movement Against Pastors & Tithers by Notmyproblem: 1:20pm On Nov 05, 2017
YelloweWest:

Logic is science.
Belief in God is through faith.

I think that is a line we Christians throw around to get out of a tough discussion. It is kind of strange to me that you are all for accepting the argument of those in support of tithing because it is from the word of God and as such it's potency is faith based but not so quick to let your faith play out in Freeze's position which also has Bible backing. At least he was kind enough to back his stand with Bible verses.

I am conflicted on how best to reconcile the contradictions that your position keeps bringing up. Please help me to understand I am nothing but only a man trying to make sense out of all the conflicting information that has been flying around.
Re: Daddy Freeze And His Free The Sheeple Movement Against Pastors & Tithers by delexy123: 1:25pm On Nov 05, 2017
AlanSugar:
I really don't think freeze is against tithing but like me, I think he's against tithing to the rich. Tithing, as was in the days of the Old Testament was designed to take care of the poor, and even if it's to be imbibed in today's spiritual practices, it's status quo should still be respected and maintained! Today, it is common knowledge that pastors see tithing as a free and easy means to owning a private jet. If anybody disagrees then the person had better start telling me that pastors print raw cash or that God Himself pays for the jets! If tithes were judiciously used to cater for the poor as commanded by God, certainly there wouldn't be much left for the GOs' outstanding lives of opulence. Vanity upon vanity, are they immune to it?? We need to think a bit. I'm not saying don't pay tithe, as long as it is tithe, it can be paid anywhere. Try destitute homes, prisons, hospitals, psychiatric homes and so on. You will see the difference, if not in you then in the society. This is what pastors were meant to do but for selfish interests or because of lack of faith in God, they decided to get wise while being foolish. No pastor should live above any moderate life! A servant of God cannot be a king on earth, it's not possible. Let the elevation be when he gets to heaven. Pastor EEOkon, we know only you has got /will get to heaven among your peers. Rest in peace sir.
There is a difference between paying tithes and doing good.
Re: Daddy Freeze And His Free The Sheeple Movement Against Pastors & Tithers by Notmyproblem: 1:28pm On Nov 05, 2017
SwagPower:
..Wat u wrote up dere is biutiful.. Prolly dt most biutiful tin av read on dis forum..

Although I myt not b overly religious myself.. I still believe the world needs religion.. Humans nid a check and balance.. Imagine a situation where everyone believes there's is nothing after death.. No hell it heaven..

Wat is to stop some people pple from commiting heinous crimes against fellow humans.. Religions keeps some of our most despicable attributes under lock n key.. Although some of us have transcended Dt primitive stage and capable of Humane deeds without d fear that religion peddles...
Religion is wat stands between humans n total anarchy..

Dts y I'd say to fellow skeptics.. Dnt go Abt castigating pple's beliefs.. Most of us were like dem b4 our awakening.. Lead dem gently away from d indoctrination.. Insults n mocking their beliefs will Neva make dem change..

As psychology has proved the more u tried to convince som1 dt dey r wrong.. The more tightly dey hold on to deir beliefs either our of sheer stubbornness or a slighted Ego..

#Shalom..grin

There is a big hole in your assertion. In most Western European countries majority of the population do not believe in life after death ( by your statement there is nothing to keep them in check hence there is a big chance that chaos will reign) but as today they have the "most humane" leaders and citizens that are considerate and respect the sanctity of lives of their fellow citizens (at least majority of them). Now place this societies side by side Africa/middle East both happen to have majority of faith based inhabitants compared to the world, given the "check and balances" and chance of loosing put from life after that we have been promised, these two region are home to the "most inhumane" political leaders you ever think. The citizens are not left out in both being inconsiderate and pain in the neck of their neighbors.

Please brother can you at least give us an explanation of why things are that way?

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze And His Free The Sheeple Movement Against Pastors & Tithers by rayopt(m): 1:35pm On Nov 05, 2017
. . . .and daddy freeze gained all the attention he wanted!!!

Fvck on him tho'

i guess, nomenclature is the problem here. .

U either give tithe to ya pastor, tax to ya government or buy recharge card for ya gal. . .

Any which way. .religion or not. .the natural law is. . .
"you reap what you sow"

just remember that there is a difference between sowing under a rock and sowing under a fertile soil.

Se Fini
Re: Daddy Freeze And His Free The Sheeple Movement Against Pastors & Tithers by mywells: 1:46pm On Nov 05, 2017
Frezze is right cause this pastors are corrupt and thieves at the highest order,who so ever opposed this man called freeze does not read his bible,tithes are for the levite and is been given by the Israelite,is Adeboye or Oyedepo a levite all these pastors would perish in hell fire.
Re: Daddy Freeze And His Free The Sheeple Movement Against Pastors & Tithers by clefstone(m): 2:08pm On Nov 05, 2017
MrMystrO:

I believe there is A cause, An ultimate cause of All Things to exist which we Cannot Explain but is very visible if you study the natural World and eventually the universe as a whole. Religion is NOT finding this cause but an Attempt to find this cause. Most of the religions we have today are attempts of Men who lived thousands of years ago to explain this cause with the Limited knowledge they Had and they tried to the best of their understanding like they always did, to explain things which were beyond them. But then The world Moves in an evolutionary circle. Everything, including the knowledge of Man evolves and so Things that were once considered "Permanent Truths" today might not be seen the same way 1000 years from now, eg. back then people thought the earth was flat, and that the sun revolves around the earth and everyone believed this to be True when in reality, they knew almost absolutely nothing about the way our solar system works. But they had questions and needed to answer them one way or another and so they "Tried". At the end of the day, You are free to search for "Your Truth" Depending on the level of Evolution of your Mind. So if people have found peace in Christianity or any other religion, i believe we should let them be to follow the path they choose, As everyone cannot be on the same stage of Soul Evolution.
Your understanding which u have explained above is your religion. The only difference between u and Christians is that you do not follow 'organised religion'.
Re: Daddy Freeze And His Free The Sheeple Movement Against Pastors & Tithers by Bwoodlt: 2:29pm On Nov 05, 2017
...Letter killeth, buth the spirit gives live... wink If you read the Word of God only to find & point out faults in others, the power and revelation which accompanied His word may not be revealed unto you.
Re: Daddy Freeze And His Free The Sheeple Movement Against Pastors & Tithers by dayowunmi(m): 2:49pm On Nov 05, 2017
AlanSugar:

Hmmm, @ "thousands of pastors working on full time.... ", like seriously? Like you don't know they are all agents of the tithe collecting system? Most of the so called thousand pastors slug it out on their own, every penny they make from their local parish gets remitted to HQs. I had a personal discuss with one of them who was managing a branch in my locality where they used one of my properties for the branch. He was always complaining of lack of funds and when I asked him what he does with his offering and tithes, "everything gets sent to headquarters ", his feeding is on him, his tp is on him, etc. He said he only gets like 10k monthly for his sustenance! If these GOs were paying out as you claim, seriously, do you think they'll be much left for the purchase of private jets and the expensive lifestyles they live? Pls think.
Depends on the church but I know for sure, Winners pay well and Redeem is okay. The pastor in question may not be full time.
Re: Daddy Freeze And His Free The Sheeple Movement Against Pastors & Tithers by dayowunmi(m): 3:06pm On Nov 05, 2017
PrecisionFx:

According to the Bible, Tithe is meant for orphans, widows, Levites, motherless, foreigners who have no land, it's for poor people generally.
Stop discussing issues u don't have any idea of.
Nobody knows it all, but how lovely would it be if we can learn from each other in humility without being pompous about it! You claim I don't know anything about tithing. Okay, I agree. What I do know for certain is this, Out of the 12 tribes of Israel, the tribe of Levi were not to do any kind of commercial work, they were to do the work of God wholeheartedly. God in turn commanded the other tribes to give a TENTH of all produce, flock and cattle to the Levite's for their upkeep. Please read Numbers 18:21-28 it is clear enough. Your claim about tithe being used to cater for foreigners, widows and orphans is contained in Deuteronomy 15:7-8 while it is true, it is not relevant in today's world. The Israelites of those days had no central government in place, hence they were to centrally and collectively provide for foreigners, widows and orphans. The modern day church has NO business in providing for Foreigners, if they however feel like then glory to God. Even orphans and widows ought to receive social support from the government and not the church, that is what obtains in modern countries. Many of the wife's of the general overseer's of these churches already has NGOs that ministers to prisoners, motherless babies and orphans. I attend RCCG and I know for certain, mummy G.O sponsors many children to schools and she has NGO that rehabilitate drug addicts and they have several other social works done in and around the community that you may not know of. I hope to learn from you though. Have a good day
Re: Daddy Freeze And His Free The Sheeple Movement Against Pastors & Tithers by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 05, 2017
dayowunmi:

Nobody knows it all, but how lovely would it be if we can learn from each other in humility without being pompous about it! You claim I don't know anything about tithing. Okay, I agree. What I do know for certain is this, Out of the 12 tribes of Israel, the tribe of Levi were not to do any kind of commercial work, they were to do the work of God wholeheartedly. God in turn commanded the other tribes to give a TENTH of all produce, flock and cattle to the Levite's for their upkeep. Please read Numbers 18:21-28 it is clear enough. Your claim about tithe being used to cater for foreigners, widows and orphans is contained in Deuteronomy 15:7-8 while it is true, it is not relevant in today's world. The Israelites of those days had no central government in place, hence they were to centrally and collectively provide for foreigners, widows and orphans. The modern day church has NO business in providing for Foreigners, if they however feel like then glory to God. Even orphans and widows ought to receive social support from the government and not the church, that is what obtains in modern countries. Many of the wife's of the general overseer's of these churches already has NGOs that ministers to prisoners, motherless babies and orphans. I attend RCCG and I know for certain, mummy G.O sponsors many children to schools and she has NGO that rehabilitate drug addicts and they have several other social works done in and around the community that you may not know of. I hope to learn from you though. Have a good day

""Even orphans and widows ought to receive social support from the government and not the church""

I stopped reading this trash wen I saw this, pls show me the Scripture backing this ur point up.

Only an idiot will say that in Israel there wasn't a central government.
Re: Daddy Freeze And His Free The Sheeple Movement Against Pastors & Tithers by dayowunmi(m): 3:14pm On Nov 05, 2017
Kaytixy:
what about the universities built by church money and yet members can't send there children there because of high payment of school fee?
Hmm, I get asked this question a lot. All I will say is that it is economically impossible to charge cheap fees for a private university, otherwise such will close down within few years. It takes billions to build a university and it takes billions to maintain it. Payment of salaries, maintenance of infrastructure and staff development in terms of traveling to conferences in and around the world are all mandatory for every university I assume. All these will cost several millions if not billions monthly, there's no way these church institutions will meet up by charging 50k or 100k. If the universities were built with tithe they cannot be run with tithes, otherwise when tithe is low, maybe the staff salaries which I assume is fixed will also reduce? You cannot run an average university without adequate funds!
Re: Daddy Freeze And His Free The Sheeple Movement Against Pastors & Tithers by dayowunmi(m): 3:16pm On Nov 05, 2017
Araoluwa005:
God bless you
Amen sir and you too. Have a great and splendid week ahead. I wish u God speed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. / Bishop Isaac Idahosa's Car Garage In Pictures / Pictures Of People At Miracle-Healing River In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.