Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,441 members, 7,823,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Can You Lend Your Car To Your Ex? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Lend Your Car To Your Ex? (2919 Views)

Guys, Never You Lend Money To A Lady!!! / Is Your Partner Credit Worthy? Can You Lend Him/her Money? / Is It Alrite To Lend Your Boyfriend Money At Any Point In Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Lend Your Car To Your Ex? by TeeJay6(m): 5:29pm On Mar 19, 2010
Kemi and Debo broke up close to a year ago after 2years together, they both agreed their constant bickering, breaking up and making up is a sure sign the affair had run its course.
Kemi has since moved on and is now engaged to Mike with their marriage in 3 months, she gets a call from Debo that he is in a financial mess and that his house and car has been repossessed by the bank; he needs her help but more urgently he needs her car to pick up her mum from the airport and ferry her around for a week before she returns home. Kemi's car was an engagement gift from Mike and she is wary of how to tell him about Debo's request more so because she was close to his mum while they were dating.

The issue here is should she tell Mike about it, decline Debo's request or lie to Mike and help out her ex?
Re: Can You Lend Your Car To Your Ex? by iice(f): 5:34pm On Mar 19, 2010
People like to complicate things.
Tell mike about it.
Re: Can You Lend Your Car To Your Ex? by hbabe(f): 5:42pm On Mar 19, 2010
If she really wants to help then she should tell Mike about it and get his consent.
Re: Can You Lend Your Car To Your Ex? by TeeJay6(m): 5:50pm On Mar 19, 2010
hbabe:

If she really wants to help then she should tell Mike about it and get his consent.
the guy is probably going to say no and ask why she is still in touch with her ex
Re: Can You Lend Your Car To Your Ex? by H2O2: 5:50pm On Mar 19, 2010
Yea my half-ex
Lol I sure did borrow hers
Re: Can You Lend Your Car To Your Ex? by candylips(m): 5:57pm On Mar 19, 2010
Let the past stay buried.
Re: Can You Lend Your Car To Your Ex? by fifi09(f): 6:52pm On Mar 19, 2010
candylips:

And remain buried forever.

However, for some people an ex is past, present and future.

She should decline Debo's request.
Re: Can You Lend Your Car To Your Ex? by life4naija: 7:02pm On Mar 19, 2010
anything ex no dey work
Re: Can You Lend Your Car To Your Ex? by Dark1(m): 8:59pm On Mar 19, 2010
candylips:

fifi09:

And remain buried forever.

QED! angry
Re: Can You Lend Your Car To Your Ex? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Mar 19, 2010
He is an ex for a reason so no contact till death hopefully.
Re: Can You Lend Your Car To Your Ex? by Freiburger(m): 9:41pm On Mar 19, 2010
It depends on the relationship with the ex. But will that be o.k for the present partner?
Re: Can You Lend Your Car To Your Ex? by KennyG6(m): 9:54pm On Mar 19, 2010
Tee_Jay:

Kemi and Debo broke up close to a year ago after 2years together, they both agreed their constant bickering, breaking up and making up is a sure sign the affair had run its course.
Kemi has since moved on and is now engaged to Mike with their marriage in 3 months, she gets a call from Debo that he is in a financial mess and that his house and car has been repossessed by the bank; he needs her help but more urgently he needs her car to pick up her mum from the airport and ferry her around for a week before she returns home. Kemi's car was an engagement gift from Mike and she is wary of how to tell him about Debo's request more so because she was close to his mum while they were dating.

The issue here is should she tell Mike about it, decline Debo's request or lie to Mike and help out her ex?
The girl should lend him the car jare, afterall they were once a couple its not as if he is asking for a fling or something its just a distress call, the bf need not know just tell him you gave the car to a friend in need
Re: Can You Lend Your Car To Your Ex? by horny4u(f): 9:54pm On Mar 19, 2010
If he was nice to me when we were together , then i will simply tell Mike and explain the situation of things to him.
But if it is only my decision to make then i will lend it to him.
Its only a bl**dy care jare and if he messes it up then a ba mi be( I will get him ).
Re: Can You Lend Your Car To Your Ex? by KennyG6(m): 10:01pm On Mar 19, 2010
horny4u:

If he was nice to me when we were together , then i will simply tell Mike and explain the situation of things to him.
But if it is only my decision to make then i will lend it to him.
Its only a bl**dy care jare and if he messes it up then a ba mi be( I will get him ).
exactly just make sure he is the one picking the car up and not you dropping if off as old flame might get rekindled wink wink
Re: Can You Lend Your Car To Your Ex? by Tarmpa: 10:24pm On Mar 19, 2010
That's bullshit! Why on earth will an ex need my car? Cant he/she get a car else where? once it's over,it's really over & there's no two ways about it,,Debo should look else where 4 a car,or maybe hire a taxi or so.ah!,na wao,
Re: Can You Lend Your Car To Your Ex? by Freiburger(m): 10:28pm On Mar 19, 2010
Tarmpa:

That's bullshit! Why on earth will an ex need my car? Cant he/she get a car else where? once it's over,it's really over & there's no two ways about it, Debo should tell him 2 look else where 4 a car,or maybe hire a taxi or so.ah!,na wao,

Must the ex always be a worst enemy? smiley
Re: Can You Lend Your Car To Your Ex? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Mar 19, 2010
Freiburger:

"+1"

Like seriously tho. Some ppl do break up with civility undecided
Re: Can You Lend Your Car To Your Ex? by Tarmpa: 10:44pm On Mar 19, 2010
Freiburger link=topic=415992.msg5727329#msg5727329 date1269034115:

Yes oo,depending on the circumstances that led to our seperation.Even if an ex is'nt my worse enemy, he/she must'nt be my friend either.& he/she should'nt  have d nerve to ask for my car, Ah! 4 what naa.
Re: Can You Lend Your Car To Your Ex? by chinesedoll(f): 10:51pm On Mar 19, 2010
FL Gators:

"+1"

Like seriously tho. Some ppl do break up with civility undecided

Depends on the circumstance though.
All those talk of me and my ex are still very good friends is BS
Except the relationship was not a serious one.
Re: Can You Lend Your Car To Your Ex? by Freiburger(m): 10:55pm On Mar 19, 2010
Tarmpa:

Yes oo,depending on the circumstances that led to our seperation.Even if an ex is'nt my worse enemy, he/she must'nt be my friend either.& he/she should'nt  have d nerve to ask for my car, Ah! 4 what naa.

You  'ved already answered the queston. so lets assume he/she is not your worst enemy and she is your friend, what stops u from giving her/him your ride if your present gf/b  accepts it? let thake this life thing easy ooooo. when we are 90 living is already boring so why the comlications?
Re: Can You Lend Your Car To Your Ex? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Mar 19, 2010
chinesedoll:

True.
I know, thatz why I said some ppl lol.
lol too many episodes of "CHEATERS" confirms the madness
Re: Can You Lend Your Car To Your Ex? by Freiburger(m): 10:58pm On Mar 19, 2010
chinesedoll:

whats bull Sß
Is it a must that a serious relationship must survive? smiley
Re: Can You Lend Your Car To Your Ex? by chinesedoll(f): 11:02pm On Mar 19, 2010
Tarmpa:

Yes oo,depending on the circumstances that led to our seperation[b].Even if an ex is'nt my worse enemy, he/she must'nt be my friend either.& he/she should'nt have d nerve to ask for my car, Ah! 4 what naa.
[/b]

Exactly, even if he is not my worse enemy, we can't be friends either
Which kain yeye friendship is that,
Re: Can You Lend Your Car To Your Ex? by Freiburger(m): 11:05pm On Mar 19, 2010
chinesedoll:

[/b]

Exactly, even if he is not my worse enemy, we can't be friends either
Which kain yeye friendship is that,

It all depens on the circumstance that let to the break up. every ex must not be an enemy meawhile it also dpends on individual experiences.
Re: Can You Lend Your Car To Your Ex? by fifi09(f): 12:00am On Mar 20, 2010
Dark1:

QED! angry

LOL, what's QED?
Re: Can You Lend Your Car To Your Ex? by Kunbee: 1:03am On Mar 20, 2010
candylips:

Best response
Re: Can You Lend Your Car To Your Ex? by saintneo(m): 1:32am On Mar 20, 2010
Tee_Jay:

BULLSHIT
Kemi shld cut off all ties w/ Debo
Re: Can You Lend Your Car To Your Ex? by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:58am On Mar 20, 2010
saintneo:

BULLSHIT
Kemi shld cut off all ties w/ Debo
SECONDED!!!
Re: Can You Lend Your Car To Your Ex? by switosman(m): 4:58am On Mar 20, 2010
an adage says "from buying snuff we ended up roaming the whole market".

erosion does not occur at a sudden, its little by little water dey chop the soil dey go. okafor theory still holds

debo wants to warm his way back n kemi should take care unless what she has with mike is not worth it,
Re: Can You Lend Your Car To Your Ex? by ayettymama(f): 5:07am On Mar 20, 2010
theres nothing wrong with lending ur car to ur ex- so long ur still friends

but it will be disrespectful for her to give him a car given her by her fiance

she shuld tell her man abt it
Re: Can You Lend Your Car To Your Ex? by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:12am On Mar 20, 2010
Hell to the NO!
Re: Can You Lend Your Car To Your Ex? by Remii(m): 4:09pm On Mar 20, 2010
No I can not expressly lend my car except to save a life threatening situation but for the story you wrote, hell no, my wife better not tell me about it either.

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Surprising Signs He'll Never Marry You / Is It Fair To Discard A Date If You Don't Like His Friends? / Should You Allow Your Girlfriend To go To Clubs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.