Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,738 members, 7,831,346 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Is Jesus God? - Religion (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus God? (79170 Views)

They Made Jesus God For Christians! / Is Jesus God or Equal to God? / Is Jesus God?(divine Ranking) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jan 11, 2018
salvation101:
wat u are saying is that bible contradicts the words of Jehovah?
Never! Jesus made it clear that he was sent by the father. The father is the one he calls God. If Jesus called someone else his God, how could you argue that he is the same one that he called God. He said that we should pray not to him but to God.If he is the God why didn't people pray to him? Why did he ask his disciples to pray to God rather than him.

Do you believe that Jesus felt abandoned?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Hairyrapunzel: 1:45pm On Jan 11, 2018
removetheturban:
Does that make Jesus the ALMIGHTY God?

Messiah means “anointed” or “anointed one. So who anointed Jesus (the Messiah) if he is the ALmighty?

Judges 3:9 And when the children of Israel cried unto the LORD, the LORD raised up a saviour to the children of Israel, who saved them, even Othniel the son of Kenaz, Caleb's younger brother.

Judges 3:15 But when the children of Israel cried unto the LORD, the LORD raised them up a saviour, Ehud the son of Gera, the Benjamite, a man left-handed; and the children of Israel sent a present by him unto Eglon the king of Moab.

The verses above proves that there were other saviours mentioned in the Bible. Above all, there is one alone that the title 'Almighty' referred. So, is Jesus the Almighty God?

like ALmighty.

Yes Jesus is Almighty. Ehud, othniel are dead and Jesus is still alive. You said Jesus
Ehud and othniel are not savior of the whole world. Maybe they are saviors to watchtower organization alone.
The verses don't prove anything. What about the whole chapter?
You will not use the preceding and succeeding verses in that same chapter.

These people saved the Israelites when they had issues with other nations. They where held captive.

We didn't cry to God before he gave Jesus Christ. We are not held in captivity but still Jesus is savior. O boy use another line.

Another watchtower Assumption:

Jehovah used people to help Israelites win wars. These people saved isrealites from captivity. Therefore Jehovah can raise anyone to be savior of the whole world.

Assumption from this assumption:
Jesus is a man just like ehud and othniel who God used to save isreal even if Jehovah says he is savior alone.

Question from assumption:
Doesn't this mean that God can use any one to save the whole world?

Answer from assumption:
Yes, the same way Jehovah raised ehud and othniel, he raised Jesus therefore, it is possible that Jesus is not the savior of the whole world so he isn't God Almighty.

Your organization keeps looking for a way they can claim savior. They want to give themselves Jesus Status in the Bible. Therefore they look for every means to disregard him.
You claim Jesus is not savior yet you maintain the fact that your organization is the only route to salvation and the 7 old men in new york are the only channel of communication between God and man.

Your religious organization is just a joke. You dedicate your life to a new York based publishing company who claim they are the only means to salvation and disregard Jesus as being the only means to salvation.

We follow the Bible. Jesus is saviour. For God so loved the world, that He gave his only Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.
Believing in ehud and othniel did not lead to everlasting life.
Always looking for a way to discredit Jesus.

We believe Jesus is our savior and He is the Almighty God. You believe watchtower organization is your savior and Jehovah is the Almighty God and Jesus is not your savior.
We teach God said he is the only savior. While you teach that he did not mean it when he said he was the only savior.
We teach that Jesus is the only savior of the whole world while you teach that ehud and othniel are saviors of isrealites. So according to your own belief ehud and othniel are your saviors.

Your religion is a big joke
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 11, 2018
removetheturban:
Never! Jesus made it clear that he was sent by the father. The father is the one he calls God. If Jesus called someone else his God, how could you argue that he is the same one that he called God. He said that we should pray not to him but to God.If he is the God why didn't people pray to him? Why did he ask his disciples to pray to God rather than him.

on the cross yes cos he had to face the pangs of death alone. U said he called someone else his God but the Bible tells us God called Jesus God too
Re: Is Jesus God? by Hairyrapunzel: 1:46pm On Jan 11, 2018
removetheturban:

Please are ehud and othniel the savior of the whole world?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Hairyrapunzel: 1:46pm On Jan 11, 2018
removetheturban:

Please are ehud and othniel the saviors of the whole world?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jan 11, 2018
So, for the sake of logic let us flow with you. John 17:3 Jesus said that he is the only TRUE God. If we can substitute true with another word,
we can get appropriate or genuine or accurate. Is there an adjective of that sort used to refer to Jesus?
salvation101:
on the cross yes cos he had to face the pangs of death alone. U said he called someone else his God but the Bible tells us God called Jesus God too
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jan 11, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Please are ehud and othniel the savior of the whole world?
No! They were used by Jehovah to save the people at that time.
Even in this day, not everyone will be saved. Only those doing the will of Jehovah (his people) will be saved.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 11, 2018
removetheturban:
So, for the sake of logic let us flow with you. John 17:3 Jesus said that he is the only TRUE God. If we can substitute true with another word,
we can get appropriate or genuine or accurate. Is there an adjective of that sort used to refer to Jesus?
u r looking for adjective wen jehova confirm Jesus to be God.. The word of God and adjectives, wch should we be looking for.?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Hairyrapunzel: 2:01pm On Jan 11, 2018
removetheturban:
He is the only creator and only saviour. Every other saviour was sent by him, the ALmighty, Jehovah.

Isaiah 19:20 New International Version
It will be a sign and witness to the LORD Almighty in the land of Egypt. When they cry out to the LORD because of their oppressors, he will [b]send [/b]them a savior and defender, and he will rescue them.

John 17:18 King James Bible
As thou hast [b]sent [/b]me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

John 20:21 New International Version
Again Jesus said, "Peace be with you! As the Father has [b]sent [/b]me, I am sending you."

No, he is not. You seem to have a problem understanding it.

Let me break it down to you in an 'inferior' way possible smiley Your grandfather was Tinubu, your father wrote his name, Tinubu as a Surname. You took up that name as Bola Tinubu. When someone asks you your name, you proudly say 'Tinubu'. When asked in detail 'who really is/was the real Tinubu?' Surely you would explain the originator of the name, grandfather. You bear it because you have the right to. In conclusion, the originator is your grandfather.

so it is with Jehovah. When he told Moses that he would appear to Pharoah like a God, sure he did appear like a God but within his heart, he knew that the source of his power and display was Jehovah. He did not seek equality with Jehovah but he went ahead with his assignment.
Jesus, in turn, said that he was sent by God. He did not claim equality with God. But you made him equal with God. Why?
The bible said that the wife should be submissive to the husband and that the husband is the head of the wife. That is a responsibility of a man. To that end, the term head makes the man higher in rank to the woman. When I used the word superior i referred to the position of the husband. Not that the man is a superior being because he came before the woman and she was equally created by God but the responsibility given to the man is superior in that he is the head of his entire household.
Apostle Peter referred to the woman as a weaker vessel in 1 Peter 3:7. I did not talk about GENDER. (did not)

If you were thought in English you must have known that inferior is a synonym for weak. My reference here is to a position Husband and wife and not to the persons themselves as humans.
You should grab a book, bro. Whatever book it is, je m'en fous.
Some things are learned in registered institutions, not online. I cannot break your head and give you understanding. Whenever you get embarrassed outside somewhere, you will embrace the gift of learning.
You are killing your time and circumventing. Your world!

How is being a husband a superior position and being a wife an inferior position?

Jesus is the only savior and creator too.

How is being a husband a superior position and being a wife an inferior position?

Or how is the position of a wife inferior to that of her husband and the position of a husband superior to that of his wife.

Explain and what is the criteria.

I ain't circumventing. You will open your wide mouth to say how Jesus is inferior to Jehovah and yet you can't explain the same for a husband and wife.

It is no news that your organization has removed all Honor ascribed to Jesus Christ. Your organization doesn't see Jesus Christ as savior yet see themselves as savior. They don't see Jesus Christ as mediator for every body but only the so called anointed ones(any Jehovah witness that eats of the bread and drinks of the wine during memorial) and governing body.
So when the 7 old men in new York tell you Jesus Christ is not God Almighty, you swallow because to you the only savior you know is a business publishing company called watchtower organization.

T
Re: Is Jesus God? by Peacefullove: 2:04pm On Jan 11, 2018
salvation101:

God called humans God too:

Ye are GODS .

so ?

Yahweh never call anyone " MY God " , But Jesus still acknowledge someone as My God . Proving he isn't supreme. to be called Almighty God .

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God? by Hairyrapunzel: 2:04pm On Jan 11, 2018
removetheturban:
No! They were used by Jehovah to save the people at that time.
Even in this day, not everyone will be saved. Only those doing the will of Jehovah (his people) will be saved.

Do you believe Jesus Christ is the savior of the whole world?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Peacefullove: 2:08pm On Jan 11, 2018
salvation101:
u r looking for adjective wen jehova confirm Jesus to be God.. The word of God and adjectives, wch should we be looking for.?

who also. confirm humans to be GODS ?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jan 11, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Do you believe Jesus Christ is the savior of the whole world?
Absolutely! John 3:17 New International Version
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world [b]through [/b]him.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 11, 2018
That is another good point emphasized there.
Peacefullove:

God called humans God too:

Ye are GODS .

so ?

Yahweh never call anyone " MY God " , But Jesus still acknowledge someone as My God . Proving he isn't supreme. to be called Almighty God .
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jan 11, 2018
thank you.
when last did I remind you to stay on the topic?
Hairyrapunzel:

Jesus is the only savior and creator too.

Or how is the position of a wife inferior to that of her husband and the position of a husband superior to that of his wife.

Explain and what is the criteria.

I ain't circumventing. You will open your wide mouth to say how Jesus is inferior to Jehovah and yet you can't explain the same for a husband and wife.

It is no news that your organization has removed all Honor ascribed to Jesus Christ. Your organization doesn't see Jesus Christ as savior yet see themselves as savior. They don't see Jesus Christ as mediator for every body but only the so called anointed ones(any Jehovah witness that eats of the bread and drinks of the wine during memorial) and governing body.
So when the 7 old men in new York tell you Jesus Christ is not God Almighty, you swallow because to you the only savior you know is a business publishing company called watchtower organization.

T
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 11, 2018
@peacefullove, u only wasting ur time on my mention.. As far as am concerned, u ain't ready for a conversation with me and so i av to ignore you.. I'd rather answer 100 question from removetheturban than answer 1 more of ur questions...even though me nd him are not yet on d same page on the subject matter, he is still honorable enough to provide honest answers to my questions.. U can keep mentioning anyway but let it not come as a surprise if u don't get any reply
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 11, 2018
salvation101:
He did not confirm. You translation is the confusion here. The Bible actually says God is your throne.

He was made a king and he was also created. How could God call refer to him as God when he himself said that there is only one true God.

The translations are done by Trinitarian's publisher and you have seen firsthand how they have tried to enforce their beliefs by inserting spurious texts into the Bible and remove vital words from the Bible.

Why did Nicodemus say to Jesus that he came from God in John 3:2 ?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Hairyrapunzel: 2:17pm On Jan 11, 2018
removetheturban:
Absolutely! John 3:17 New International Version
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world [b]through [/b]him.

Is Jesus the savior of the whole world?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Hairyrapunzel: 2:26pm On Jan 11, 2018
removetheturban:
He did not confirm. You translation is the confusion here. The Bible actually says God is your throne.

He was made a king and he was also created. How could God call refer to him as God when he himself said that there is only one true God.

The translations are done by Trinitarian's publisher and you have seen firsthand how they have tried to enforce their beliefs by inserting spurious texts into the Bible and remove vital words from the Bible.

Just like the way the word Jehovah was invented by trinitarians. Just like the way the trinitarians then knew jehovah wasn't the actual name in english.

You people that inserted Jehovah over 200 times in the new testament when it was never mentioned.

Always assuming. Your bible that they wrote using your magazine you have never talked about it. Or is it that your bible no Hebrew or Greek scholar translated?

When your organization uses the word Jehovah which was invented by trinitarians and these trinitarians are not sure of the name we won't see you say its a spurious text
When what trinitarians use what you don't agree with it is spurious.

When trinitarians use words not in your bible it becomes spurious. Your religion is a big joke
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 11, 2018
haha cheesy cheesy
You sound very frustrated. Initially you told salvation101 that you were a JW. But we know former JW from their knowledge. They may not be with us anymore but they cannot go below the low because they know stuff.
Therefore, focus on me or my message and not an organization.

What do you believe to be the actual name of God?
Hairyrapunzel:

Just like the way the word Jehovah was invented by trinitarians. Just like the way the trinitarians then knew jehovah wasn't the actual name in english.

You people that inserted Jehovah over 200 times in the new testament when it was never mentioned.

Always assuming. Your bible that they wrote using your magazine you have never talked about it. Or is it that your bible no Hebrew or Greek scholar translated?

When your organization uses the word Jehovah which was invented by trinitarians and these trinitarians are not sure of the name we won't see you say its a spurious text
When what trinitarians use what you don't agree with it is spurious.

When trinitarians use words not in your bible it becomes spurious. Your religion is a big joke
Re: Is Jesus God? by Peacefullove: 2:36pm On Jan 11, 2018
salvation101:
@peacefullove, u only wasting ur time on my mention.. As far as am concerned, u ain't ready for a conversation with me and so i av to ignore you.. I'd rather answer 100 question from removetheturban than answer 1 more of ur questions...even though me nd him are not yet on d same page on the subject matter, he is still honorable enough to provide honest answers to my questions.. U can keep mentioning anyway but let it not come as a surprise if u don't get any reply

Infact your response may not be needed . So far you are getting an objective view of the subject matter . cheesy
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 11, 2018
removetheturban:

hmm, so there is a problem with the translation? Ok was about dis..

We should not commit sexual sins as some of them did. In one day 23,000 of them died because of their sin. We should not test Christ as some of them did. Because of that, they were killed by snakes. And don’t complain as some of them did. Because they complained, they were killed by the angel that destroys.
1 Corinthians 10:8‭-‬10 ERV

We are told that the Israelites tempted christ and were killed by snakes nd we both know the event... I checked up the greek word translated as Christ and its cristos,, so dis is a no brainer
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 11, 2018
salvation101:
hmm, so there is a problem with the translation? Ok was about dis..

We should not commit sexual sins as some of them did. In one day 23,000 of them died because of their sin. We should not test Christ as some of them did. Because of that, they were killed by snakes. And don’t complain as some of them did. Because they complained, they were killed by the angel that destroys.
1 Corinthians 10:8‭-‬10 ERV

We are told that the Israelites tempted christ and were killed by snakes nd we both know the event... I checked up the greek word translated as Christ and its cristos,, so dis is a no brainer
1 Corinthians 10:8 Neither let us practice fornication, as some of them committed fornication,+ only to fall, twenty-three thousand [of them] in one day.+ 9 Neither let us put Jehovah*+ to the test, as some of them put [him] to the test,+ only to perish by the serpents.+ 10 Neither be murmurers, just as some of them murmured,+ only to perish by the destroyer.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 11, 2018
removetheturban:
1 Corinthians 10:8 Neither let us practice fornication, as some of them committed fornication,+ only to fall, twenty-three thousand [of them] in one day.+ 9 Neither let us put Jehovah*+ to the test, as some of them put [him] to the test,+ only to perish by the serpents.+ 10 Neither be murmurers, just as some of them murmured,+ only to perish by the destroyer.
tell me the moral justification and basis for interpreting the word Christos as Jehovah shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 11, 2018
salvation101:

Absolutely!
Christ actually means Messiah which is "anointed one" and the Hebrews were expecting the Messiah. So saying Cristos there is a spurious insertion. Because that would have caused confusion to the first century Christians. It also would have rendered Jesus invalid as the Messiah.

Matthew 11:3
New Living Translation
"Are you the Messiah we've been expecting, or should we keep looking for someone else?"
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 11, 2018
removetheturban:
Absolutely!
Christ actually means Messiah which is "anointed one" and the Hebrews were expecting the Messiah. So saying Cristos there is a spurious insertion. Because that would have caused confusion to the first century Christians. It also would have rendered Jesus invalid as the Messiah.

Matthew 11:3
New Living Translation
"Are you the Messiah we've been expecting, or should we keep looking for someone else?"
spurious insertion? U mean in the original Greek or translations?
U said Hebrew but dis letter was written to a gentile church in Greece... He warned dem not to make d same mistake the Israelites made by tempting christ.

If u say Christ can be used interchangeably as Jehovah den u av already answered the purpose of this thread.. Jesus =God

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 11, 2018
salvation101:
U said Hebrew but dis letter was written to a gentile church in Greece... He warned dem not to make d same mistake the Israelites made by tempting christ
Do not accept or believe anything you see written in Greek online. They are very misleading. Not everything online is real. People have made serious insertions or mistakes in the past but will not admit it so they flow with the deceit.

Many Greek words you read online have been contaminated. Some are in modern Greek which do not carry the same significance or sense. Careful and patient research is beneficial. The question is, why is there alternating words used in that Cristos in other versions. It should spark someone's curiosity. I will give you the actual word used there in the original Greek below.

μηδὲ Neither ἐκπειράζωμεν may we be testing out τὸν the κύριον, Lord , καθώς according as τινες some αὐτῶν of them ἐπείρασαν, tested, καὶ and ὑπὸ by τῶν the ὄφεων serpents ἀπώλλυντο. they were destroying selves.

One thing you have to understand is that the Jews were spread about. They did not only concentrate in Jerusalem at the time. After their release from Captivity, many of them did not return back home. Cyrus the Great made life comfortable for them so people like Daniel, the prophet as well who was advanced in age did not return. They do assemble at the temple every year for Passover for those who were still in touch with the faith.
Jesus himself talked about the lost sheep of Israel. You can also recall what happened after the Passover when Peter and the other spoke in tongues. They do come and have acclimatized with other tongues. Some of them had success outside Jerusalem.
The Berean "Jews" also in Thessalonica checked the scriptures to ensure that Paul did not bring a corrupted gospel to them. They had their books.

That being said, there was no way Paul would have written something contrary to the Hebrew Scripture that it wouldn't have been spotted. The other apostles were still active at the time he wrote this book as well.

New American Standard Bible
Nor let us try the Lord, as some of them did, and were destroyed by the serpents.

International Standard Version
Let's stop putting the Lord to the test, as some of them were doing, and were destroyed by snakes.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
Neither should we tempt The Messiah as some of them tempted and serpents destroyed them.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
We shouldn't put the Lord to the test as some of them did. They were killed by snakes.

New American Standard 1977
Nor let us try the Lord, as some of them did, and were destroyed by the serpents.

American Standard Version
Neither let us make trial of the Lord, as some of them made trial, and perished by the serpents.

English Revised Version
Neither let us tempt the Lord, as some of them tempted, and perished by the serpents.

Weymouth New Testament
And do not let us test the Lord too far, as some of them tested Him and were destroyed by the serpents.

World English Bible
Neither let us test the Lord, as some of them tested, and perished by the serpents.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jan 11, 2018
I want you to understand that this verse is a narrative of what happened to the Hebrews and not the Christians.
Paul is only making a reference to what happened in Numbers Chapter 21.
1 Corinthians 10:5 will give you a proper understanding.

salvation101:
U said Hebrew but dis letter was written to a gentile church in Greece... He warned dem not to make d same mistake the Israelites made by tempting christ.

If u say Christ can be used interchangeably as Jehovah den u av already answered the purpose of this thread.. Jesus =God
Re: Is Jesus God? by aigboeben(m): 3:51pm On Jan 11, 2018
removetheturban:
God is a person. Let us move from here.
What is the difference between a person and a personality?
Re: Is Jesus God? by aigboeben(m): 3:54pm On Jan 11, 2018
Peacefullove:

Let the writer of the same John answer you .

But these have been written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God,
- John 20 vs 31

It wasn't written so you can believe he is the supreme God grin grin grin . showing clearly your understanding is flawed in some cases like John 1:1-3, if you have any point to raise from the verse say it .
There is nothing in this post
Re: Is Jesus God? by aigboeben(m): 4:02pm On Jan 11, 2018
removetheturban:
That is another good point emphasized there.
Good point? Did he say ye are GODS or gods?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Ubenedictus(m): 4:23pm On Jan 11, 2018
removetheturban:
I do not get it. What are you trying to say?
I am saying a bad tree cannot produce good fruits. Protestantism is the baby of Catholicism, if the Catholics are bad so are the Protestants

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (70) (Reply)

Father Mbaka: "Why Atiku Should Be President Of Nigeria In 2019" / Hilarious Church Crusade Poster (pics) / Hussaini Mabera Takes TB Joshua To Court For Calling Jesus God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.