Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,360 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Is Jesus God? - Religion (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus God? (79173 Views)

They Made Jesus God For Christians! / Is Jesus God or Equal to God? / Is Jesus God?(divine Ranking) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus God? by Hairyrapunzel: 8:54pm On Jan 10, 2018
removetheturban:
Please copy and paste where you got superior GENDER.
I have never made a statement of that sort. Why do you blaspheme without remorse?

As for your question on superior, I have answered that many times and if I did a poor job, then a standard institution could help you out.
It is not a matter of explaining but the level of comprehension. If you speak any local Nigerian language, do tell! It might just be easier for you in your local language than English.

OK explain why a Husband is superior to his wife and explain why a wife is inferior to the husband.
Stop the rigmarole. You don't have an explanation?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Hairyrapunzel: 8:59pm On Jan 10, 2018
removetheturban:
Yeah, but my question is not answered yet. There is one that Jesus called God, the father and he alone is referred to as the "Almighty God" and no one else shares that qualification. So, to the one that Jesus called father and referred to as greater than he is, will you say that Jesus can also be classified as almighty?

Jesus is Almighty God. Till you tell me how a wife is inferior to her husband and the husband superior to the wife.
Explain how a man is superior to woman and woman inferior to a man.
Explain what a superior gender is.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 10, 2018
Maamin:

There is no phrase like God the son

The better and correct phrase should be Son of God

And if He is the son of God what is He. My Dog last month gave birth to dogs and yesterday my hen hatched the eggs and guess what came out of the eggs chickens that I can equally call hens.

Now if he is the son of God I guess he is is supposed to be God.

There are many things we think we know but really don't know we don't know. You can't explain the Oneness of God and Christ. They are two different people that are One and can't be separated.

Like you can't explain how God remains present in all places at all times so also you can't explain the oneness of God and Christ with your human logic. So there are many things you should not worry yourself about else you'd end up an atheist.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jan 10, 2018
removetheturban:
The Bible translates God is your throne. He did not call him God. The translation is the deflection there but that isn't the case right now. The bone of contention is the qualifier "almighty" used to describe Jehovah. Is Jesus also called the ALMIGHTY?
check dis out

I myself am the Lord, and there is no other Savior.
Isaiah 43:11 ERV

Today your Savior was born in David’s town. He is the Messiah, the Lord.
Luke 2:11 ERV
Re: Is Jesus God? by Peacefullove: 10:28am On Jan 11, 2018
tamethem:

And if He is the son of God what is He. My Dog last month gave birth to dogs and yesterday my hen hatched the eggs and guess what came out of the eggs chickens that I can equally call hens.

Now if he is the son of God I guess he is is supposed to be God.

There are many things we think we know but really don't know we don't know. You can't explain the Oneness of God and Christ. They are two different people that are One and can't be separated.

Like you can't explain how God remains present in all places at all times so also you can't explain the oneness of God and Christ with your human logic. So there are many things you should not worry yourself about else you'd end up an atheist.

interesting

@ Bolded, Are angels not also son of God ? Do you guess they are God too ?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Peacefullove: 10:47am On Jan 11, 2018
salvation101:
check dis out

So ?

Check this out

Then the people of Israel cried out to the LORD for help. The LORD sent a savior to rescue them. It was Othniel, son of Caleb's younger brother Kenaz.

judges 3 vs 9 .

is Othniel not also a Saviour. ?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 10:55am On Jan 11, 2018
Peacefullove:

So ?

Check this out

Then the people of Israel cried out to the LORD for help. The LORD sent a savior to rescue them. It was Othniel, son of Caleb's younger brother Kenaz.

judges 3 vs 9 .

is Othniel not also a Saviour. ?
so Isaiah 43:11, the very words of ur Jehovah is null huh?

U av a penchant for skipping questions, but u must answer dis one
Re: Is Jesus God? by aigboeben(m): 11:12am On Jan 11, 2018
Peacefullove:

interesting

@ Bolded, Are angels not also son of God ? Do you guess they are God too ?
Are angels the express image of the Father?
Re: Is Jesus God? by aigboeben(m): 11:20am On Jan 11, 2018
removetheturban:
Is Jesus the almighty God, the father?
Jesus is not the father but he is as much God as the Father. John 1vs1-3
Re: Is Jesus God? by aigboeben(m): 11:22am On Jan 11, 2018
removetheturban:

Mary was his earthly mother.

God is the title of Jehovah. But, since God (Elohim) was also used to refer to other entities, the adjective "Almighty" is used to distinguish him from all other gods.

If you believe that he is 100% God, are you in contention with the verse that says that he emptied himself and TOOK the form of a man?

Please answer my question whether God is a person or personality? We can move forward from there
Re: Is Jesus God? by Peacefullove: 11:48am On Jan 11, 2018
salvation101:
so Isaiah 43:11, the very words of ur Jehovah is null huh?

U av a penchant for skipping questions, but u must answer dis one

Nothing to answer, you played an offside ... you attempt to use the savior tag to establish what is not true .

Now you are crying since you can see, the Whistle is blown already

Your Bible contradicts itself ?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Peacefullove: 11:50am On Jan 11, 2018
aigboeben:

Are angels the express image of the Father?

First, you can now see your attempt to use son of God to rationalize what is not true was trashed .

you now shifted to image, Pls how does image or no image prove Godship ? cos even humans are in the image of the Father , so what exactly is your point ?
Re: Is Jesus God? by aigboeben(m): 12:01pm On Jan 11, 2018
Peacefullove:

First, you can now see your attempt to use son of God to rationalize what is not true was trashed .

you now shifted to image, Pls how does image or no image prove Godship ? cos even humans are in the image of the Father , so what exactly is your point ?
Trashed? cheesy
Is Jesus God? Please explain John 1vs1-3. If you say he is not God then who is he?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jan 11, 2018
if Jesus is the almighty God, who then was he referring in John 17:3 This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ
And the term 'father', how could an ALmighty refer to someone else as father?
Hairyrapunzel:

Jesus is Almighty God. Till you tell me how a wife is inferior to her husband and the husband superior to the wife.
Explain how a man is superior to woman and woman inferior to a man.
Explain what a superior gender is.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 11, 2018
salvation101:
check dis out

Does that make Jesus the ALMIGHTY God?

Messiah means “anointed” or “anointed one. So who anointed Jesus (the Messiah) if he is the ALmighty?

Judges 3:9 And when the children of Israel cried unto the LORD, the LORD raised up a saviour to the children of Israel, who saved them, even Othniel the son of Kenaz, Caleb's younger brother.

Judges 3:15 But when the children of Israel cried unto the LORD, the LORD raised them up a saviour, Ehud the son of Gera, the Benjamite, a man left-handed; and the children of Israel sent a present by him unto Eglon the king of Moab.

The verses above proves that there were other saviours mentioned in the Bible. Above all, there is one alone that the title 'Almighty' referred. So, is Jesus the Almighty God?

like ALmighty.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 11, 2018
aigboeben:

Please answer my question whether God is a person or personality? We can move forward from there
God is a person. Let us move from here.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Hairyrapunzel: 12:31pm On Jan 11, 2018
removetheturban:
if Jesus is the almighty God, who then was he referring in John 17:3 This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ
And the term 'father', how could an ALmighty refer to someone else as father?

You should explain superior gender first. Is it too hard?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 11, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

You should explain superior gender first. Is it too hard?
Why should I explain what I didn't beget? I do not know where that came from. You, the originator should help yourself.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Hairyrapunzel: 12:35pm On Jan 11, 2018
removetheturban:

Messiah means “anointed” or “anointed one. So who anointed Jesus (the Messiah) if he is the ALmighty?

Judges 3:9 And when the children of Israel cried unto the LORD, the LORD raised up a saviour to the children of Israel, who saved them, even Othniel the son of Kenaz, Caleb's younger brother.

Judges 3:15 But when the children of Israel cried unto the LORD, the LORD raised them up a saviour, Ehud the son of Gera, the Benjamite, a man left-handed; and the children of Israel sent a present by him unto Eglon the king of Moab.

The verses above proves that there were other saviours mentioned in the Bible. Above all, there is one alone that the title 'Almighty' referred. So, is Jesus the Almighty God?

like ALmighty.

So the God Almighty is not the only savior right? So He is just telling lies according to your own explanation right?

Abeg how is being a husband superior to being a wife and how is being a wife inferior to being a husband.

This one you will not escape o
Re: Is Jesus God? by Hairyrapunzel: 12:37pm On Jan 11, 2018
removetheturban:
Why should I explain what I didn't beget? I do not know where that came from. You, the originator should help yourself.

OK how is being a husband superior to being a wife and how is being a wife inferior to being a husband.
Or explain why a wife is inferior to her husband and a husband superior to his wife
Re: Is Jesus God? by aigboeben(m): 12:49pm On Jan 11, 2018
removetheturban:
God is a person. Let us move from here.
And who is that person?
I would like you to interprete John 1vs1-3
Re: Is Jesus God? by Peacefullove: 12:58pm On Jan 11, 2018
aigboeben:

Trashed? cheesy
Is Jesus God? Please explain John 1vs1-3. If you say he is not God then who is he?

Let the writer of the same John answer you .

But these have been written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God,
- John 20 vs 31

It wasn't written so you can believe he is the supreme God grin grin grin . showing clearly your understanding is flawed in some cases like John 1:1-3, if you have any point to raise from the verse say it .
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 11, 2018
Peacefullove:

Nothing to answer, you played an offside ... you attempt to use the savior tag to establish what is not true .

Now you are crying since you can see, the Whistle is blown already

Your Bible contradicts itself ?
typical.. Are u saying Jehovah lied? Who is trying to extablish contradiction here
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jan 11, 2018
removetheturban:

like ALmighty.
absolutely.. Except you mean Jehovah told a lie.. Is Jehovah the only savior or not
Re: Is Jesus God? by Peacefullove: 1:05pm On Jan 11, 2018
salvation101:
typical.. Are u saying Jehovah lied? Who is trying to extablish contradiction here
grin grin grin

I only pose a verse, Deduce it if your bible contradicts

Or is what I quoted not found in the Bible ?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jan 11, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

So the God Almighty is not the only savior right?
He is the only creator and only saviour. Every other saviour was sent by him, the ALmighty, Jehovah.

Isaiah 19:20 New International Version
It will be a sign and witness to the LORD Almighty in the land of Egypt. When they cry out to the LORD because of their oppressors, he will [b]send [/b]them a savior and defender, and he will rescue them.

John 17:18 King James Bible
As thou hast [b]sent [/b]me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

John 20:21 New International Version
Again Jesus said, "Peace be with you! As the Father has [b]sent [/b]me, I am sending you."

Hairyrapunzel:
So He is just telling lies according to your own explanation right?
No, he is not. You seem to have a problem understanding it.

Let me break it down to you in an 'inferior' way possible smiley Your grandfather was Tinubu, your father wrote his name, Tinubu as a Surname. You took up that name as Bola Tinubu. When someone asks you your name, you proudly say 'Tinubu'. When asked in detail 'who really is/was the real Tinubu?' Surely you would explain the originator of the name, grandfather. You bear it because you have the right to. In conclusion, the originator is your grandfather.

so it is with Jehovah. When he told Moses that he would appear to Pharoah like a God, sure he did appear like a God but within his heart, he knew that the source of his power and display was Jehovah. He did not seek equality with Jehovah but he went ahead with his assignment.
Jesus, in turn, said that he was sent by God. He did not claim equality with God. But you made him equal with God. Why?
Hairyrapunzel:

Abeg how is being a husband superior to being a wife and how is being a wife inferior to being a husband.
The bible said that the wife should be submissive to the husband and that the husband is the head of the wife. That is a responsibility of a man. To that end, the term head makes the man higher in rank to the woman. When I used the word superior i referred to the position of the husband. Not that the man is a superior being because he came before the woman and she was equally created by God but the responsibility given to the man is superior in that he is the head of his entire household.
Apostle Peter referred to the woman as a weaker vessel in 1 Peter 3:7. I did not talk about GENDER. (did not)

If you were thought in English you must have known that inferior is a synonym for weak. My reference here is to a position Husband and wife and not to the persons themselves as humans.
You should grab a book, bro. Whatever book it is, je m'en fous.
Some things are learned in registered institutions, not online. I cannot break your head and give you understanding. Whenever you get embarrassed outside somewhere, you will embrace the gift of learning.
Hairyrapunzel:

This one you will not escape o
You are killing your time and circumventing. Your world!
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jan 11, 2018
salvation101:
absolutely.. Except you mean Jehovah told a lie.. Is Jehovah the only savior or not
He is the only saviour but the Bible said that he SENT other saviours as well.
They are representatives of Jehovah. Jesus said that he was sent. It is recorded that others were also sent. Who could send the Almighty? He is the originator.

So, about 1 Timothy 1:17. Did Paul lie about Jehovah?

Doesn't Paul's write-up correspond with what Jesus said in John 17:3?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jan 11, 2018
Peacefullove:

grin grin grin

I only pose a verse, Deduce it if your bible contradicts

Or is what I quoted not found in the Bible ?
i do not av time for u nd ur illogic.. Since u av no honor in u to answer questions, den i would henceforth ignore u like i did ur thread yesterday
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jan 11, 2018
removetheturban:
He is the only saviour but the Bible said that he SENT other saviours as well.
They are representatives of Jehovah. Jesus said that he was sent. It is recorded that others were also sent. Who could send the Almighty? He is the originator.

So, about 1 Timothy 1:17. Did Paul lie about Jehovah?

Doesn't Paul's write-up correspond with what Jesus said in John 17:3?
wat u are saying is that bible contradicts the words of Jehovah?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 11, 2018
aigboeben:

And who is that person?
The person is the one explain by Jesus in John 20:17 as his(Jesus) father and our father, as his God and our God. The person who was stated in Colossians 1:15 to have created Jesus as his firstborn and to have allowed Jesus to be in his image. He is also the same one that Jesus cried to in Matthew 27:46 not to forsake him. He is the one raised Jesus from the dead in Acts 2:24. He is also the one who Jesus called the ONLY TRUE GOD in John 17:3
aigboeben:

I would like you to interprete John 1vs1-3
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word,+ and the Word was with God,+ and the Word was a god.+ 2 This one was in the beginning with God.+ 3 All things came into existence through him,+ and apart from him not even one thing came into existence.

John 1:1-3 states that Jesus was a god who was with God in the beginning. Is says that all things came into existence THROUGH him(Jesus). Which corresponds with the entire chapter of the Bible that Jesus is a masterworker by the side of God. Jesus said that he learned everything from Jehovah. He said that he can do nothing unless he is told by Jehovah God.

Also when he was with the Jews when they accused him of claiming to be God he quoted the scriptures stating that there are "gods'. He fits right into that 'gods' which bring about the book of 1 Corinthians 8:5-6 which says that there are many gods above and below but to us (that us is Jesus in John 17:3; John 20:17, the first century Christians in 1 Timothy 2:5 and 1 Timothy 1:17 and the JW who believe these things, i dunno about others) there is ONLY ONE GOD. Just as Jesus himself said.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Peacefullove: 1:30pm On Jan 11, 2018
salvation101:
i do not av time for u nd ur illogic.. Since u av no honor in u to answer questions, den i would henceforth ignore u like i did ur thread yesterday

Leaving my thread was just a kind of preventive measure on your part. Its too hot for you i guess and might shake your faith . So to avoid stories that tough you left .

its a very easy thing .

Man is a spirit . also translated to Salvation101 is a. spirit , also translates to Jesus is spirit .

what is the body ?

where the spirit lives . A kind of home. YOUR HOME is NOT you . remember ?

All I needed you to prove on. that thread was, Did Jesus die or he escaped death while only the home died ? very simple .

cheesy
Re: Is Jesus God? by Peacefullove: 1:30pm On Jan 11, 2018
salvation101:

Leaving my thread was just a kind of preventive measure on your part. Its too hot for you i guess and might shake your faith . So to avoid stories that tough you left .

its a very easy thing .

Man is a spirit . also translated to Salvation101 is a. spirit , also translates to Jesus is spirit .

what is the body ?

where the spirit lives . A kind of home. YOUR HOME is NOT you . remember ?

All I needed you to prove on. that thread was, Did Jesus ( Spirit ) die or he escaped death while only the home ( Body ) died ? very simple .

cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (70) (Reply)

Father Mbaka: "Why Atiku Should Be President Of Nigeria In 2019" / Hilarious Church Crusade Poster (pics) / Hussaini Mabera Takes TB Joshua To Court For Calling Jesus God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.