Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,518 members, 7,812,601 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most (6548 Views)

Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God / Ridiculous Arguments That Must End In 2017 / Global Study: Atheists In Massive Decline, Only 1.8% Of World Population By 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:34am On Nov 09, 2017
3 arguments atheists hate most. ~ Issac

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EvolutionIsALie/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by Ayobami97(m): 7:11am On Nov 09, 2017
If there's a superior designer, lawyer or programmer, where did he/she/it/they come from?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by Ayobami97(m): 7:14am On Nov 09, 2017
If it's reasonable the designer, lawyer or programmer is the beginning of all things and he/she/it/they probably came out of nothing, then I think it's also sounds reasonable to say the design, laws and programming was formed from nothing. They just happen to exist.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by donnffd(m): 7:20am On Nov 09, 2017
[quote author=OLAADEGBU post=62203519][/quote]

I see fallacies everywhere...

First of, Let me turn the argument on its head, If a design needs a designer, then obviously your God would also need a creator because the designer has to be more complex than the design and if complexity only comes from complexity, then you run into infinite regression.

2. Not all designs have designers, Evolution is a simple example.

3. DNA is not a programming language, just because it is called a code doesnt mean its the same as a computer programming language, this is a false-equivalence.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by butterflyl1on: 7:24am On Nov 09, 2017
Ayobami97:
If it's reasonable the designer, lawyer or programmer is beginning of all things and he/she/it/they probably came out of nothing, then I think it's also sounds reasonable to say the design, laws and programming was formed from nothing. They just happen to exist.

You are wrong !

Programming on its own has to do with DELIBERATE process of writing or coding or arrangement. NO Program can exist by itself. Something or someone writes, codes or arranges it so it can efficiently function along the lines it was programmed to.

Laws themselves cannot come from nothing. Laws ALWAYS require an ORIGINAL LAW GIVER. Someone has to initiate laws and they do not initiate themselves.

Regarding design,

design
noun
a plan or drawing produced to show the look and function or workings of a building, garment, or other object before it is made.
a decorative pattern.
purpose or planning that exists behind an action, fact, or object

That definition shows you that NO PLAN, OR PURPOSE exists on its own. Someone or something set It on its course and designed it for a specific purpose and plan.

#GoBackToSchool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by superhumanist(m): 7:28am On Nov 09, 2017
butterflyl1on:

You are wrong !

Programming on its own has to do with DELIBERATE process of writing or coding or arrangement. NO Program can exist by itself. Something or someone writes, codes or arranges it so it can efficiently function along the lines it was programmed to.

Laws themselves cannot come from nothing. Laws ALWAYS require an ORIGINAL LAW GIVER. Someone has to initiate laws and they do not initiate themselves.

Regarding design,

design
noun
a plan or drawing produced to show the look and function or workings of a building, garment, or other object before it is made.
a decorative pattern.

That definition shows you that NO PLAN, OR PURPOSE exists on its own. Someone or something set It on its course and designed it for a specific purpose and plan.

#GoBackToSchool

Who designed the designer?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by butterflyl1on: 7:32am On Nov 09, 2017
superhumanist:

Exactly what the OP is talking about ! cheesy grin

Such Lame questions.

OP your hook has caught its first fish sharp sharp grin

1 Like

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by hopefulLandlord: 7:42am On Nov 09, 2017
superhumanist:

well, that is a question theists find inconvenient, they can't answer it so they try to make the question appear as though its unintelligent to even ask.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by superhumanist(m): 7:46am On Nov 09, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

well, that is a question theists find inconvenient, they can't answer it so they try to make the question appear as though its unintelligent to even ask.

i am not surprised.

1 Like

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by joe4christ(m): 8:00am On Nov 09, 2017
Science ain't as dogmatic as theist. Science are aware that they don't have answer to all questions as they are still trying to unravel mysteries behind some phenomenon. But theist tend to think they know it all.
Currently science might not be able to unravel the intelligence behind creation, designer or whatever your call it, him, her, they. But the question for the theist is, who designed the designer, and what designed whatever thing that designed the designer in the first place. As I wouldn't want to believe the designer or intelligence behind creation came out of nothing.
Nothing cannot proceed out of nothing, as something cannot proceed out of nothing and therefore something can only proceed out of something.
So, where does this designer originated from

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by butterflyl1on: 8:02am On Nov 09, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

An infant theist with half a brain would answer this question easily and if atheists find it hard to understand then it shows the size of the brain mass they carry around.

Thousands of years ago long before the advent of modern science, it has been established to theists that GOD IS ETERNAL and exists AD INFINITUM.

If based on the above you still think that God (who we know as the designer) would require himself to also be designed then more brain matter is required to fill up some places they are obviously lacking.

2 Likes

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by superhumanist(m): 8:06am On Nov 09, 2017
butterflyl1on:

An infant theist with half a brain would answer this question easily and if atheists find it hard to understand then it shows the size of the brain mass they carry around.

Thousands of years ago long before the advent of modern science, it has been established to theists that GOD IS ETERNAL and exists AD INFINITUM.

If based on the above you still think that God (who we know as the designer) would require himself to also be designed then more brain matter is required to fill up some places they are obviously lacking.

What proof do you have that god is eternal?

Stop defending god of the gaps.

There are questions that the human brain cannot answer. This doesnt mean you should then fill it with god.

The origin of the universe is still much a mystery. We are left the problem of infinite regress. Just like dividing a number with zero. We dont know the answer.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by mujahid777(m): 8:08am On Nov 09, 2017
Thou I'm a theist,I find this argument by design to be rather unconvincing and unnecessary.

5 Likes

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by joe4christ(m): 8:19am On Nov 09, 2017
butterflyl1on:

If god is infinite as you postulated. Then the question is what has he been doing during the timeframe of infinitum that he only woke up from his slumber and finally realise his loneliness and his need to create the universe and its components and then create earth and its inhabitants. If he only realised this need of his only less than 7000yrs ago according to biblical records of the age of earth existence. Then he simply ain't infinite as you claim or he's just an idle personality with lots of personality issues and clueless too

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by butterflyl1on: 8:22am On Nov 09, 2017
superhumanist:

What proof do you have that god is eternal?

Stop defending god of the gaps.

There are questions that the human brain cannot answer. This doesnt mean you should then fill it with god.

The origin of the universe is still much a mystery. We are left the problem of infinite regress. Just like dividing a number with zero. We dont know the answer.

I do not need to offer you proof especially since you are OF THE OTHER SIDE!

I KNOW GOD IS ETERNAL based on something you do not know and have.

If you say the origin of the universe is a mystery THAT IS A LIE. We KNOW the universe has an origin and we know that a force packed with an infinite amount of energy caused the universe to be (Science has established this).

We also know that THERE IS NOTHING IN EXISTENCE WHICH PACKS AN INFINITE AMOUNT OF ENERGY TO HAVE BEEN ABLE TO CAUSE THIS.

So if infinite energy was what brought our universe to be yet we do not have this infinite energy available in our material world and we know that our universe began to exist at some point. This means that what caused our universe to exist by the application of energy infinite energy was not part of our universe but impacted it from outside it.

1 Like

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by superhumanist(m): 8:30am On Nov 09, 2017
butterflyl1on:

If you say the origin of the universe is a mystery THAT IS A LIE. We KNOW the universe has an origin and we know that a force packed with an infinite amount of energy caused the universe to be (Science has established this).

We also know that THERE IS NOTHING IN EXISTENCE WHICH PACKS AN INFINITE AMOUNT OF ENERGY TO HAVE BEEN ABLE TO CAUSE THIS.

So if infinite energy was what brought our universe to be yet we do not have this infinite energy available in our material world and we know that our universe began to exist at some point. This means that what caused our universe to exist by the application of energy infinite energy was not part of our universe but impacted it from outside it.

You say that an infinite energy caused the big bang. where did the energy come from? What is the nature of the energy?

Why is the energy infinite? Why did it not continue big banging?

The big bamg theory is a theory that kerps being refined. Dont habg your theology on it.
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by butterflyl1on: 8:34am On Nov 09, 2017
joe4christ:

If god is infinite as you postulated. Then the question is what has he been doing during the timeframe of infinitum that he only woke up from his slumber and finally realise his loneliness and his need to create the universe and its components and then create earth and its inhabitants. If he only realised this need of his only less than 7000yrs ago according to biblical records of the age of earth existence. Then he simply ain't infinite as you claim or he's just an idle personality with lots of personality issues and clueless too

I can see several things wrong with your comment so let me list out a few

1. Circular reasoning

2. The big bang connection

3. The evolution connection

4. The Assumptions of Naturalism and Uniformitarianism
5. The distant starlight problem

6. Light travel-time

7. The Horizon Problem

I suggest you read up on all of them and may sense fall on you grin

1 Like

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by butterflyl1on: 8:43am On Nov 09, 2017
superhumanist:

You say that an infinite energy caused the big bang. where did the energy come from? What is the nature of the energy?

Why is the energy infinite? Why did it not continue big banging?

The big bamg theory is a theory that kerps being refined. Dont habg your theology on it.

Watch the video on the first page of this thread of mine and receive some sense

https://www.nairaland.com/4110134/proof-god-5-minutes-thoughtful
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by Ayobami97(m): 1:11pm On Nov 09, 2017
butterflyl1on:

You are wrong !

Regarding design,

design
noun
a decorative pattern.

#GoBackToSchool
But u forgot to mention where the designer/lawyer/programmer originated from, school graduate.

1 Like

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by Ayobami97(m): 1:13pm On Nov 09, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Sweet.
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by Ayobami97(m): 1:27pm On Nov 09, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Exactly what the OP is talking about ! cheesy grin
Such Lame questions.
OP your hook has caught its first fish sharp sharp grin
So that question is lame?
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by Ayobami97(m): 1:32pm On Nov 09, 2017
butterflyl1on:

God the designer, lawyer, and programmer is eternal and originated from nothing. Wow, incredible. If it's easy for u to believe and digest that illogical statement, it's super easy for me to believe such a phenomenon doesn't exist.
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by Ayobami97(m): 1:37pm On Nov 09, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Do u have proof?
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by butterflyl1on: 1:46pm On Nov 09, 2017
Ayobami97:

God the designer, lawyer, and programmer is eternal and originated from nothing. Wow, incredible. If it's easy for u to believe and digest that illogical statement, it's super easy for me to believe such a phenomenon doesn't exist.

If after reading this comment of mine

If based on the above you still think that God (who we know as the designer) would require himself to also be designed then more brain matter is required to fill up some places they are obviously lacking

You still responded by typing the above? Indeed to whom brain is given, sense is expected.

1 Like

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by dalaman: 2:49pm On Nov 09, 2017
butterflyl1on:

You "know" God is eternal based on your imaginations and belief and NOTHING else, as such you can't and have no proof to offer, only empty words.

5 Likes

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by Ayobami97(m): 5:23pm On Nov 09, 2017
butterflyl1on:

If after reading this comment of mine

You still responded by typing the above? Indeed to whom brain is given, sense is expected.
What is convincing and reasonable about what u said?
Who were theists that established God as eternal and ad infinitum?
I'm done talking nonsense with u, do u know how many past false beliefs have been clarified by modern science?
So I should just simply belief ur god is eternal and ad infinitum based the on establishment of theists before modern science.

Use ur reason for something good. Don't preach what u can't prove. If that sounds convincing to u, it just nonsense to me.

1 Like

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by butterflyl1on: 5:28pm On Nov 09, 2017
Ayobami97:

What is convincing and reasonable about what u said?
Who were theists that established God as eternal and ad infinitum?
I'm done talking nonsense with u, do u know how many past false beliefs have been clarified by modern science?
So I should just simply belief ur god is eternal and ad infinitum based the on establishment of theists before modern science.

Use ur reason for something good. Don't preach what u can't prove. If that sounds convincing to u, it just nonsense to me.

Garbage in, garbage out obviously (that's where its at with you) grin
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by Ayobami97(m): 5:33pm On Nov 09, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Garbage in, garbage out obviously (that's where its at with you) grin
That's what u are good at. When u can't simply give concrete reasons. You start speaking in tongues.

5 Likes

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:58pm On Nov 09, 2017
Ayobami97:

If it's reasonable the designer, lawyer or programmer is the beginning of all things and he/she/it/they probably came out of nothing, then I think it's also sounds reasonable to say the design, laws and programming was formed from nothing. They just happen to exist.

Is that a scientific proposition? undecided
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by butterflyl1on: 5:59pm On Nov 09, 2017
Ayobami97:

That's what u are good at.
When u can't simply give concrete reasons. You start speaking in tongues.

Am I your school teacher? Experience is best gotten by ones self. So I guess my higher level of reasoning makes my language to be UNKNOWN TONGUES to you cheesy

Learn the language and gain understanding and enlightenment which you wickedly lack.

1 Like

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:12pm On Nov 09, 2017
donnffd:

I see fallacies everywhere...

First of, Let me turn the argument on its head, If a design needs a designer, then obviously your God would also need a creator because the designer has to be more complex than the design and if complexity only comes from complexity, then you run into infinite regression.

2. Not all designs have designers, Evolution is a simple example.

3. DNA is not a programming language, just because it is called a code doesnt mean its the same as a computer programming language, this is a false-equivalence.

All you said there is an oxymoron at best. shocked
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by hopefulLandlord: 6:17pm On Nov 09, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

All you said there is an oxymoron at best. shocked

you use words you don't know the meaning of OR how exactly are what he said an "oxymoron"?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Arming The Faithful Against Logic / What An Atheist Will Never Tell You / Religion Is Ridiculous

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.