Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,483 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most (6601 Views)

Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God / Ridiculous Arguments That Must End In 2017 / Global Study: Atheists In Massive Decline, Only 1.8% Of World Population By 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by olaolutreasure(m): 10:11pm On Jan 13, 2018
Xbee007:
Sorry one last question. Are you Catholic or Protestant?
I started out as catholic, but I'm now a protestant

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:01am On Jan 15, 2018
AntiNormal:

So, he married his full sister, and had children with her - something God says later on is a sin?

God told them to be fruitful and multiply. If they didn't marry their sisters who else do you expect them to marry, animals? Marriage to close relations was only prohibited during the Mosaic law when mutation as a result of sin would produce deformity as you see prevalent in Islamic nations and communities that practice such.

AntiNormal:

Also, I disagree... The Bible says Adam and Eve had other children (Seth) after Cain was exiled, not before...

The Bible did not name his other sons and daughters neither does it mention the order in which they were born. Cain certainly went with his wife when he moved to the 'land of wandering.'

AntiNormal:

Also, if she was truly their daughter, why wasn't she living with them? Why was one of the first women to exist living far from her parents on a world that was for all intents and purposes empty? Remember, women in the Bible lived with their parents until they got married. They didn't strike out and settle far away from home, waiting for people named Cain to come and marry them...

Who told you that she wasn't living with them? Cain left with her when he took off from his parents and there is nothing that suggests that Abel did not have offsprings of his own.

AntiNormal:

Also, do you even know what a niece is? If she was his niece, then who were her parents? Was one of them related to Adam - who God literally made out of clay? Or was it Eve, who was formed from his rib? Tell me, which one of them had any siblings to give Cain a niece to marry?

If she was his niece then it is not impossible that she was one of Abel's daughters. cool

1 Share

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by ScienceWatch: 2:43pm On Jan 16, 2018
Xbee007:

You focus too much on the messenger rather than the message and the end result is a one sided argument full of insults on the person of atheists. Atheists don't claim to know it all. They just choose not to pretend to know what they have no clue about, theists claim they have answers to it all. Like they present you the bullsh*t of Adam & Eve and expect sane people to accept it. Kolewerk! Yoruba has a story of human creation that sounds more plausible than Adam & Eve story yet it is still what it is, a fairy tale.
Plus most atheists are ready to become theists IF there is sufficient evidence to prove the existence of a Supreme Being. Till now no shred of evidence to support the existence of a Sky Daddy has been provided.
In essence, learn to argue smartly. Always focus on the message not the messenger otherwise you would come off as a fool incapable of reasoning that resorts to copying and pasting other dumb people's statement.

With all due respect, You come off as a fool incapable of reasoning that resorts to copying and pasting other dumb people's statements then spew it out as if it is your own. Just look above, at the crap you have copied from others. You are living in Kokoo land if you think that evidence of the reality of the spirit world will change the hard heart of these Atheists here. I have been on many other Atheists blogs around the world where this is very possible, but not here.

You are too arrogant to realize that when you attack other decent peoples revered, holy, treasured doctrines, you are insulting them.
Stay where you are.
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by ScienceWatch: 2:44pm On Jan 16, 2018
Xbee007:

You focus too much on the messenger rather than the message and the end result is a one sided argument full of insults on the person of atheists. Atheists don't claim to know it all. They just choose not to pretend to know what they have no clue about, theists claim they have answers to it all. Like they present you the bullsh*t of Adam & Eve and expect sane people to accept it. Kolewerk! Yoruba has a story of human creation that sounds more plausible than Adam & Eve story yet it is still what it is, a fairy tale.
Plus most atheists are ready to become theists IF there is sufficient evidence to prove the existence of a Supreme Being. Till now no shred of evidence to support the existence of a Sky Daddy has been provided.
In essence, learn to argue smartly. Always focus on the message not the messenger otherwise you would come off as a fool incapable of reasoning that resorts to copying and pasting other dumb people's statement.

With all due respect Xbee007, You come off as a fool incapable of reasoning that resorts to copying and pasting other dumb people's statements then spew it out as if it is your own. Just look above, at the crap you have copied from others. You are living in Kokoo land if you think that evidence of the reality of the spirit world will change the hard heart of these Atheists here. I have been on many other Atheists blogs around the world where this is very possible, but not here.

You are too arrogant to realize that when you attack other decent peoples revered, holy, treasured doctrines, you are insulting them.
Stay where you are.
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by Xbee007(m): 3:02pm On Jan 16, 2018
ScienceWatch:
With all due respect Xbee007[b], You come off as a fool incapable of reasoning that resorts to copying and pasting other dumb people's statements then spew it out as if it is your own. Just look above, at the crap you have copied from others. You are living in Kokoo land if you think that evidence of the reality of the spirit world will change the hard heart of these Atheists here. I have been on many other Atheists blogs around the world where this is very possible, but not here.

Stay where you are.
Are you sure it is me you wanted to quote? Cos I don't get this unwarranted hostility.
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by ScienceWatch: 3:09pm On Jan 16, 2018
Xbee007:

Are you sure it is me you wanted to quote? Cos I don't get this unwarranted hostility.
Oh, I apologize then, while you go now and vent your outrageous, unwarrented hostility on decent peoples holy doctrines.
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by Xbee007(m): 3:35pm On Jan 16, 2018
ScienceWatch:
Oh, I apologize then, while you go now and vent your outrageous, unwarrented hostility on decent peoples holy doctrines.
I never insulted anyone. It was you that was busy insulting atheists calling them angry and resentful , and I just told you to focus on the message rather than the messengers. Below is an extract from your post which I quoted initially.
ScienceWatch:
Your scientific god has explained why you block higher truths that dont fit into Atheisms stated world agenda.

How do atheists/deists/agnostics,etc use defence mechanisms to deny God or a personal God? Richard Dawkins, PZ Myers, Sam Harris and others. They are angry and resentful people and shift the blame to other for the problems in their own lives. Now filled with hatred, they invent ideas that trap themselves and others. What follows are what psychologists and psychiatrist believe to be the major ways.
My advice for you "properly stuffs before copying and pasting them."
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:29am On Feb 06, 2018
theoneJabulani:

Just when I thought these guys stooped being stupid. Anyways that what is u get when u read a supposedly infallible stone age book

So you think belief in 'Darwinian evolution' makes you smart. undecided
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:35am On Feb 06, 2018
pesty100:

technically this is one argument not 3

See the other arguments from the OP.
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:36am On Feb 06, 2018
Bucky626:

and a designer requires a designer too so it all goes down something came from nothing

Who then is the ultimate Designer? undecided
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:38am On Feb 06, 2018
olaolutreasure:

Atheists have a sincerity: they call their doctrines 'theories' i.e. they were postulated by men and were done through observations carried out by the sensory perceptions of men and application of existing laws, but they might not be truly valid in the practical.
But the peril behind their belief is that they agree adamantly that those 'virtual proponents' called theories are systems of truth unchangeable by any external facts and truths beyond the realm of intellects. That is one of the problem of atheists

That makes their theory unscientific, unreasonable, illogical and irrational. cool
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:43am On Feb 06, 2018
olaolutreasure:

Many atheists have questions about the Bible
Just get one, genuinely humble yourself and ask that God to interpret it to you and you will discover an ancient secrets revealed to your heart by a still voice speaking.
In my experience of God and revelation of the Scripture, when you seek God, He comes to say 'Here I am.' He would show you what, at the moment, you should about Him.

Jesus Christ said about His disciples - few of them were literate - that 'Father, Lord of heaven and earth! I thank you because you have shown to the unlearned what you have hidden from the wise and learned. Yes, Father, this was how you were pleased to have it happen' Matthew 11:25-26

Way to go brother! cheesy
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:44am On Feb 06, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Unknown to Man.
Each civilization create their own version.

Is your own version of creation plausible? undecided
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:46am On Feb 06, 2018
olaolutreasure:

Marrying your sibling was permitted at the beginning, for the sake of reproduction and expansion.

They lived for hundreds of years that Adam, Seth and their sons had daughters during the lifetime of Cain, he met one of them. And God didn't intend he would die childless

Already answered

Good job, brother! cheesy
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:54am On Feb 06, 2018
ScienceWatch:

Your scientific god has explained why you block higher truths that dont fit into Atheisms stated world agenda.

How do atheists/deists/agnostics,etc use defence mechanisms to deny God or a personal God? Richard Dawkins, PZ Myers, Sam Harris and others. They are angry and resentful people and shift the blame to other for the problems in their own lives. Now filled with hatred, they invent ideas that trap themselves and others. What follows are what psychologists and psychiatrist believe to be the major ways.
DENIAL: This mechanism is very simple: the atheist/deist simply denies reality and does so with intensity and persistence. There are people who are told by doctors daily that they have a terminal illness. They hear and see many people have been miraculously healed. Their way of coping is to deny that it could be true. Atheists/deist do the same: they intensely and persistently deny that God could exist. They block out the possibility and fight it with all their might.

RATIONALIZATIONS: This is a favourite mechanism of atheists/deist. It is simply the reliance on logical-sounding but false reasons to negate reality. Atheists/deist will offer countless “logical-sounding” reasons why God does not exist, or why atheists/deist cannot accept the existence of God or religion or that miraculous healings are as simple as breathing. They are very creative at doing so, and they specialize in using pedantic language to sound convincing to others and to themselves. They fool themselves that they are of superior intelligence and that they must be correct in their conclusions. In reality, they are simply foolish rationalizers.
How do atheists use defence mechanisms to deny God
REPRESSION: This mechanism entails forcing painful experiences into the sub-conscious unconsciously. The atheist/deist/agnostic who uses this mechanism is not aware of it. All of existence shouts out miraculous, "design." Every little detail in nature offers evidence of the Artist’s miraculous touch. One only has to stop, observe and see that we are not surrounded by the grotesque, but by beauty, unity and miraculous harmony. The atheist mind will not stop and observe and see the connection. If they do stop to look, they will acknowledge the miraculous art -- but not the artist.

SUPPRESSION: Suppression is similar to repression, but with one exception: it is conscious. Science is continually offering evidence of miraculous intricacy and brilliance on the Creator’s part. The concept of miraculous design is daily being reinforced by all the sciences. Accepting the evidence of miraculous design for former atheist, Anthony Flew, may have been painful at first, but he finally accepted the glaring reality. Most atheists/deist will not. They will consciously “reject” the evidence, without any fair and sufficient analysis. And finally exclude God or reject the power of miracles in religion.

DISPLACEMENT: This mechanism has to do with transferring feelings from one deserving object to another undeserving one. As explained above, many Atheists/deists are angry and hurt, because of abuse or mistreatment by authority figures, parents, religious people or religious leaders. In time, they transfer their anger to God who allowed the events that caused their pain to take place. The end result of this mechanism is to abolish/destroy what they see as the ultimate source of their pain: God.

This is a beautiful write up. The only thing I would add to this is that the atheists love their sinful lifestyle and admitting the obvious means that they will have to give up their sinful lifestyle and worship this Uncreated Creator which they do not want to do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:56am On Feb 06, 2018
ScienceWatch:

It is indeed. I agree. Corrupt scientists has conned Atheists into believing and worshiping the god of science. Their god is defrauding billions of people out of good health, look at what GMO is doing to our health?

The Atheists god promised health and a cure for serious diseases, but it has fail miserably. Patients suffer at their demonic hands until all their money is up. expensive operations are done without guarantees and no refunds if it fails.

Most operations fail and cause more suffering. The patient has to pay again and again still with out a guarantee or refund. This is the god of Atheism.

It is unfortunate that many folks especially here in the West take these 'scientists' as their gods and when they fail them they have nowhere to turn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:16am On Feb 06, 2018
Xbee007:

Going by your premise one can safely conclude that you have seen Jesus before. Since you said "faith is believe and you see" then your faith (believe and you see) in Jesus means you should have seen Jesus by now. I am sure you haven't or have you? Smart theist don't make that statement. They just refer to Faith in a very subtle way, believing in the realm beyond human comprehension.
So no matter how you want to twist it or place it, faith is and will always be a blind belief. It is, and will always be a belief without evidence. But my question is, has faith (blindly believing) helped anyone ever before (aside from the scientific experience known as the placebo effect)?
Also, has faith ever really solved any mystery or problem before?
In case you don't know, faith, blindly believing, has brought tremendous destruction to human race and it is one of the sole cause of human problems.
Do you know that for over 1500 years, men with faith (the majority) stopped scientists from dissecting human cadavers for scientific purposes. They called it "The Temple of the Holy Spirit" that should never be desecrated.
Have you heard about the ancient witch burning system often practised by Christians religious leaders in the past? For more than 1500 years women and children tagged witches were burned alive because some FAITHFUL people say they are witches.
Faith, blindly believing, is what Nigerian pastorpreneurs use to hoodwink sheeples out of their hard earned monies. Faith, blindly believing, is what Boko Haram use to brainwash it followers into carrying out their nefarious activities.
Faith, blindly believing, therefore doesn't belong in this time and age. It belongs in the stone age. If a cave man, hundreds of thousands of years ago, says he has faith, we wouldn't judge him. But, why would a sane person in this 21st century that has seen the dangers of Faith, blindly believing, still choose it over science, believing base on proof and evidence?

Faith in God is not blind faith it is what we practice every day especially if we want to establish any friendly relationship with anyone. Say for instance, you want to establish a friendly relationship with a girl you've just met and you ask her for her name and you say I don't believe she is telling you the truth, how do you think you can start a friendly relationship with her if you cannot trust her in the first place? If you don't trust her you are essentially calling her a liar. If you don't trust God you are calling Him a liar and I don't see how you can begin a living relationship with the One you don't trust in the first place.
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by Ericsunday619: 12:07pm On Feb 06, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

It is unfortunate that many folks especially here in the West take these 'scientists' as their gods and when they fail them they have nowhere to turn.
science and religion which have failed more people? I still remember tb Joshua predicting a plane crash but couldn't tell Yahweh to stop it but science has predicted natural disasters like earth quake and hurricanes and people where immediately evacuated from the area. So how has religion save humanity?
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by Ericsunday619: 12:10pm On Feb 06, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Faith in God is not blind faith it is what we practice every day especially if we want to establish any friendly relationship with anyone. Say for instance, you want to establish a friendly relationship with a girl you've just met and you ask her for her name and you say I don't believe she is telling you the truth, how do you think you can start a friendly relationship with her if you cannot trust her in the first place? If you don't trust her you are essentially calling her a liar. If you don't trust God you are calling Him a liar and I don't see how you can begin a living relationship with the One you don't trust in the first place.
which god are you referring to as God? Hope it's not Yahweh and Allah?
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by Ericsunday619: 12:12pm On Feb 06, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

This is a beautiful write up. The only thing I would add to this is that the atheists love their sinful lifestyle and admitting the obvious means that they will have to give up their sinful lifestyle and worship this Uncreated Creator which they do not want to do.
Lolz. So you are in your room talking about a god that you can't see or even touch? I hope you grow up soon because you lack reasoning and logic
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:19pm On Feb 06, 2018
Ericsunday619:

Lolz. So you are in your room talking about a god that you can't see or even touch? I hope you grow up soon because you lack reasoning and logic

Have you ever seen the builder who built the room you are typing from or have you seen him? Tell us if you think you are using your physical senses. cool
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:21pm On Feb 06, 2018
Ericsunday619:

which god are you referring to as God? Hope it's not Yahweh and Allah?

Until you tell me the name of the builder of the house you are typing from before I tell you the God I am referring to. cool
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by Ericsunday619: 12:22pm On Feb 06, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Have you ever seen the builder who built the room you are typing from or have you seen him? Tell us if you think you are using your physical senses. cool
your lines is dame weak
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by Ericsunday619: 12:23pm On Feb 06, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Until you tell me the name of the builder of the house you are typing from before I tell you the God I am referring to. cool
I know Yahweh is your guy
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:25pm On Feb 06, 2018
Ericsunday619:

science and religion which have failed more people? I still remember tb Joshua predicting a plane crash but couldn't tell Yahweh to stop it but science has predicted natural disasters like earth quake and hurricanes and people where immediately evacuated from the area. So how has religion save humanity?

True science and true Religion does not fail anyone it is people applying them either sincerely or deceptively that determines how successful they can be. It is only in the Christian worldview that accounts for the basis of true science. cool
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:26pm On Feb 06, 2018
Ericsunday619:

I know Yahweh is your guy

If you knew why ask? undecided
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by budaatum: 12:41pm On Feb 06, 2018
butterflyl1on:

So if infinite energy was what brought our universe to be yet we do not have this infinite energy available in our material world and we know that our universe began to exist at some point. This means that what caused our universe to exist by the application of energy infinite energy was not part of our universe but impacted it from outside it.
Energy did not bring the universe into existence. To say so is to adopt theistical language and imply energy is some sort of creating force, which is anthropomorphised into a 'who' which encourages the insertion of the gods. I suggest it is more accurate to say, 'energy was expended in bringing the universe into existence', and is therefore a consequence of the universe coming into existence, as opposed to it's driving force.

There's nothing to say that, a condition came about whereby built up pressure (which is part of the system itself, and not external to it), of existing materials prior to conversion to the current state, created a condition whereby energy was expended, which resulted in the big bang (waste material like that exhausted during combustion), and the formation of universe as we know it.

Effectively, the universe, albeit in a state prior to its current known state, is eternal, as in, it has always existed in some form or the other from which the current state has evolved.

There therefore is no beginning, per se, but a beginning of the current state of existence which proceeded from the previous state, which might have proceeded from a previous state and so on. Who says regressions must be finite?

If any one quotes me on this, you better make sure you know what I'm saying, if anything, as far as you are concerned.
I'd respect you more if you say it's rubbish!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by butterflyl1on: 12:45pm On Feb 06, 2018
budaatum:

Energy did not bring the universe into existence. To say so is to adopt theistical language and imply energy is some sort of creating force, which is anthropomorphised into a 'who' which encourages the insertion of the gods. I suggest it is more accurate to say, 'energy was expended in bringing the universe into existence', and is therefore a consequence of the universe coming into existence, as opposed to it's driving force.

There's nothing to say that, a condition came about whereby built up pressure (which is part of the system itself, and not external to it), of existing materials prior to conversion to the current state, created a condition whereby energy was expended, which resulted in the big bang (waste material like that exhausted during combustion), and the formation of universe as we know it.

Effectively, the universe, albeit in a state prior to its current known state, is eternal, as in, it has always existed in some form or the other from which the current state has evolved.

There therefore is no beginning, per se, but a beginning of the current state of existence which proceeded from the previous state, which might have proceeded from a previous state and so on. Who says regressions must be finite?

If any one quotes me on this, you better make sure you know what I'm saying, if anything, as far as you are concerned.
I'd respect you more if you say it's rubbish!

I am speaking from the angle of the much spoken about influencer of the Big Bang which was how our universe is said to have began. An external immense energy source caused the Big Bang and you are busy saying rubbish grin

Yeah I said it. You are saying rubbish and you know it cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by budaatum: 1:03pm On Feb 06, 2018
butterflyl1on:

I am speaking from the angle of the much spoken about influencer of the Big Bang which was how our universe is said to have began. An external immense energy source caused the Big Bang and you are busy saying rubbish grin

Yeah I said it. You are saying rubbish and you know it cheesy
It's ok butter. You are the exception, since I quoted you first. And no, you are not being rude. And I shall assume you at the least understand what you read. So, engage with me. (My chess partner is late!)

I have presented, conditions that may have caused the big bang and the universe as we know it, and I have said you present the 'who' that influenced this creation. I say conditions came about and it happened, and that prior states existed. You say, god said, and there was a bang and it came about out of nothing. That is our sole point of difference, do you agree?

If so, I suggest to you that it need not be a 'who created the universe', question, but a 'what caused it to be created', one, as in 'what conditions came about to cause the universe as we know it to come into existence?

Consider.
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by butterflyl1on: 1:06pm On Feb 06, 2018
budaatum:

It's ok butter. You are the exception, since I quoted you first. And no, you are not being rude. And I shall assume you at the least understand what you read. So, engage with me. (My chess partner is late!)

I have presented, conditions that may have caused the big bang and the universe as we know it, and I have said you present the 'who' that influenced this creation. I say conditions came about and it happened, and that prior states existed. You say, god said, and there was a bang and it came about out of nothing. That is our sole point of difference, do you agree?

If so, I suggest to you that it need not be a 'who created the universe', question, but a 'what caused it to be created', one, as in 'what conditions came about to cause the universe as we know it to come into existence?

Consider.

Rephrase your comment about your chess partner. I am not a side attraction.

1 Like

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by Niflheim(m): 1:09pm On Feb 06, 2018
I wonder what Batman(The Master) and Robin(apprentice wey dey learn "werk"), have to say about this matter!!!

Let's check down below and see!!!

2 Likes

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by budaatum: 1:16pm On Feb 06, 2018
butterflyl1on:

Rephrase your comment about your chess partner. I am not a side attraction.
undecided Please don't put yourself down. No one said you are a side attraction! In fact, you sharpen my mind so I can better engage when he arrives! He is a very good player and I need all the assistance I can get to beat him.

Believe me, if you really understood what I wrote, you ain't as ignorant as you seem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Biblical Mary True Age When She Married Joseph / New Year's 2020, & Of Course Has 20 Repeating Itself, but Why? Happy 2020 Y'all. / Does Christianity Support Immorality And Pacifism?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.