Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most (6581 Views)

Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God / Ridiculous Arguments That Must End In 2017 / Global Study: Atheists In Massive Decline, Only 1.8% Of World Population By 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:44pm On Nov 09, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

you use words you don't know the meaning of OR how exactly are what he said an "oxymoron"?

His question is like asking me to describe the aroma of coffee, can you? undecided
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by dalaman: 6:44pm On Nov 09, 2017
Ayobami97:

Do u have proof?

He has belief.
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by theoneJabulani(m): 6:47pm On Nov 09, 2017
Just when I thought these guys stooped being stupid. Anyways that what is u get when u read a supposedly infallible stone age book
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by hopefulLandlord: 6:51pm On Nov 09, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

His question is like asking me to describe the aroma of coffee, can you? undecided

which question was that?
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by kingvicky(m): 7:27pm On Nov 09, 2017
donnffd:

I see fallacies everywhere...

First of, Let me turn the argument on its head, If a design needs a designer, then obviously your God would also need a creator because the designer has to be more complex than the design and if complexity only comes from complexity, then you run into infinite regression.
Implying a static universe would be incongruous and non-sequitur with the second thermodynamic principle which predicts an aggravating and inexorable approach to entropy.
We face the problem of a beginning when we consider the redshifts in frequencies of light from distant galaxies. The universe must have originated from a primordial infinitely dense point expanding within a trans-cosmic realm, except you want to imply the universe is expanding within itself. The retortion of the infinite regress problem due to God needing a precursor is just meant to wish away the whole idea of a transcendental watchman, but nonetheless it is valid when a theist points out the complexity of the cosmos as being bewildering and of course the animus for assuming a first cause. God being the artisan, need not be constrained by spacetime in which causes must preceed their effects and of cause must assume atemporality to be the precursor to the universe.

2. Not all designs have designers, Evolution is a simple example.

This is rather obfuscatory. The evangelicals of this theory have not given a rather clear proof how this relates to our current advancement.

3. DNA is not a programming language, just because it is called a code doesnt mean its the same as a computer programming language, this is a false-equivalence.

Agreed
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:54pm On Nov 09, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

which question was that?

The oxymoronic one. cool
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by efismikoko(m): 8:21pm On Nov 09, 2017
joe4christ:

If god is infinite as you postulated. Then the question is what has he been doing during the timeframe of infinitum that he only woke up from his slumber and finally realise his loneliness and his need to create the universe and its components and then create earth and its inhabitants. If he only realised this need of his only less than 7000yrs ago according to biblical records of the age of earth existence. The n he simply ain't infinite as you claim or he's just an idle personality with lots of personality issues and clueless too

Wooow Wooow Wooow this really got to me I have been thinking about this eternal thing for a while now you just helped me out you are brilliant
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by Emmanystone: 8:54pm On Nov 09, 2017
butterflyl1on:

If after reading this comment of mine

You still responded by typing the above? Indeed to whom brain is given, sense is expected.
But, alas, they sold their senses for stupidity.
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by Ayobami97(m): 12:08am On Nov 10, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Is that a scientific proposition? undecided
No, it's a copycat theory. No more mentions please. Rest it.
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:07am On Nov 10, 2017
Ayobami97:

No, it's a copycat theory. No more mentions please. Rest it.

I beg to differ from your logic.... cool

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:28am On Nov 10, 2017
butterflyl1on:

You are wrong !

Programming on its own has to do with DELIBERATE process of writing or coding or arrangement. NO Program can exist by itself. Something or someone writes, codes or arranges it so it can efficiently function along the lines it was programmed to.

Laws themselves cannot come from nothing. Laws ALWAYS require an ORIGINAL LAW GIVER. Someone has to initiate laws and they do not initiate themselves.

Regarding design,

design
noun
a plan or drawing produced to show the look and function or workings of a building, garment, or other object before it is made.
a decorative pattern.
purpose or planning that exists behind an action, fact, or object

That definition shows you that NO PLAN, OR PURPOSE exists on its own. Someone or something set It on its course and designed it for a specific purpose and plan.

#GoBackToSchool

Way to go, brother! cheesy
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by malvisguy212: 9:30am On Nov 10, 2017
superhumanist:

What proof do you have that god is eternal?

Stop defending god of the gaps.

There are questions that the human brain cannot answer. This doesnt mean you should then fill it with god.

The origin of the universe is still much a mystery. We are left the problem of infinite regress. Just like dividing a number with zero. We dont know the answer.
God is a spirit, a spirit cannot be created.
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by superhumanist(m): 9:53am On Nov 10, 2017
malvisguy212:
God is a spirit, a spirit cannot be created.

Where is your proof that spirits cant be created? Satan was created in the bible....satan is a spirit

3 Likes

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by malvisguy212: 10:00am On Nov 10, 2017
superhumanist:

Where is your proof that spirits cant be created? Satan was created in the bible....satan is a spirit
let me learn from you, since you insist, spirit can be created, tell me how.

1 Like

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by superhumanist(m): 10:58am On Nov 10, 2017
malvisguy212:
let me learn from you, since you insist, spirit can be created, tell me how.

Seriously? undecided
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by malvisguy212: 11:35am On Nov 10, 2017
superhumanist:

Seriously? undecided
yes, very serious, educate me please.

does it make sense to you , after you have gave a perfect explanation to your students, a student rise and say " teacher explained this perfect explanation to me "?

2 Likes

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by donnffd(m): 12:02pm On Nov 10, 2017
kingvicky:

Implying a static universe would be incongruous and non-sequitur with the second thermodynamic principle which predicts an aggravating and inexorable approach to entropy.

I never implied that the universe was static, i was just responding to an argument which core premise was that complexity can only come from complexity, and that be the case then we have an infinite regression of pre-existing complexities which is a dilemma wont you agree?

kingvicky:

We face the problem of a beginning when we consider the redshifts in frequencies of light from distant galaxies. The universe must have originated from a primordial infinitely dense point expanding within a trans-cosmic realm, except you want to imply the universe is expanding within itself. The retortion of the infinite regress problem due to God needing a precursor is just meant to wish away the whole idea of a transcendental watchman, but nonetheless it is valid when a theist points out the complexity of the cosmos as being bewildering and of course the animus for assuming a first cause. God being the artisan, need not be constrained by spacetime in which causes must preceed their effects and of cause must assume atemporality to be the precursor to the universe.

@bolded, i do not argue against the existence of a first cause, but it is a big jump from saying that there is a first cause to that first cause is God, a very big jump.

You have all your work ahead of you, because why cant that first cause be a fluke accident, or an in-animated object, or nothing at all? How is it that this first cause is conscientious and frankly cares what you eat, wear and who you sleep with?

This is rather obfuscatory. The evangelicals of this theory have not given a rather clear proof how this relates to our current advancement.

I am surprised you would make such statements, Evolution is the bedrock of biology and a good understanding of how organisms evolve is what makes pharmacists produce the right kind of drug to battle them.

Agreed

I am glad we agree on one thing.

2 Likes

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by superhumanist(m): 2:09pm On Nov 10, 2017
malvisguy212:

does it make sense to you , after you have gave a perfect explanation to your students, a student rise and say " teacher explained this perfect explanation to me "?

Please, go and sit down, sir.

I dont have time for games. you made a claim that spirits cannot be created and i asked for proof but you are asking me to teach you about spirits

2 Likes

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by malvisguy212: 2:18pm On Nov 10, 2017
superhumanist:

Please, go and sit down, sir.

I dont have time for games. you made a claim that spirits cannot be created and i asked for proof but you are asking me to teach you about spirits
if you disagree with me, you will have to give me reason for that. don't you think so ?

2 Likes

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by superhumanist(m): 2:22pm On Nov 10, 2017
malvisguy212:
if you disagree with me, you will have to give me reason for that. don't you think so ?

Sir, when doubting thomas did not believe Jesus, did Jesus ask that thomas should prove him wrong?

Jesus answered thomas and proved himself.

Prove yaself

2 Likes

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by malvisguy212: 3:26pm On Nov 10, 2017
superhumanist:

Sir, when doubting thomas did not believe Jesus, did Jesus ask that thomas should prove him wrong?

Jesus answered thomas and proved himself.

Prove yaself
Thomas was a penitent believer at that moment. you are a heathen....Jesus knows what Thomas need in other for him to believed. you on the other hand has left reason.

1 Like

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by superhumanist(m): 3:43pm On Nov 10, 2017
malvisguy212:
Thomas was a penitent believer at that moment. you are a heathen....Jesus knows what Thomas need in other for him to believed. you on the other hand has left reason.

Read your bible well.

Jesus preached to sinners and disbelievers.
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by malvisguy212: 3:54pm On Nov 10, 2017
superhumanist:

Read your bible well.
Jesus preached to sinners and disbelievers.
OK
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:02pm On Nov 15, 2017
3 arguments on origin and creation atheists hate the most.

Let's start with the argument of design.

A design requires a Designer. Such things as the human body, the universe and life itself.

See how they've all evaded and diverted the issue at hand because they hate such questions.

1. What is the ultimate cause of the universe?

2. How did life originate?

3. Where did dinosaurs come from?

4. Where are all the millions of transitional fossils in the Precambrian and Cambrian layers?

Let us start with these. Any takers? cool
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:26pm On Nov 17, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

3 arguments on origin and creation atheists hate the most.

Let's start with the argument of design.

A design requires a Designer. Such things as the human body, the universe and life itself.

See how they've all evaded and diverted the issue at hand because they hate such questions.

1. What is the ultimate cause of the universe?

2. How did life originate?

3. Where did dinosaurs come from?

4. Where are all the millions of transitional fossils in the Precambrian and Cambrian layers?

Let us start with these. Any takers? cool

Atheists must really hate these foundation questions then. undecided
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 17, 2017
[quote author=OLAADEGBU post=62203519][/quote]

U weren't born a Christian. He parents have u the religion of their choice.
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by NairalandSARS: 7:30pm On Nov 17, 2017
malvisguy212:

Are you saying that satan wasn't created?

1 Like

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:25pm On Nov 24, 2017
PrecisionFx:

U weren't born a Christian. He parents have u the religion of their choice.

None of us were born as Christians we are sinners by nature and choice. We can only become Christians by choice. For details visit www.needGod.com smiley
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 24, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

None of us were born as Christians we are sinners by nature and choice. We can only become Christians by choice. For details visit www.needGod.com smiley

I am not a sinner by nature. If u agree that ur a sinner from birth and choice, The choice remain urs.

1 Like

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:54pm On Nov 24, 2017
PrecisionFx:

I am not a sinner by nature. If u agree that ur a sinner from birth and choice, The choice remain urs.

Are you saying that you are born righteous? undecided
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 24, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Are you saying that you are born righteous? undecided

I am saying that I wasn't born in Sin or whatever u choose to call it.
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by orunto27: 5:10am On Nov 25, 2017
God is a Dream Real !!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is It Proper To Skip Praise & Worship On Sunday Service ? / What Is Your Favourite Christmas Carol? / Photos of Pastor Benny Hinn and Wife Renewing Thier Wedding Vows.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.