Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,488 members, 7,830,460 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most (6599 Views)

Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God / Ridiculous Arguments That Must End In 2017 / Global Study: Atheists In Massive Decline, Only 1.8% Of World Population By 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by Xbee007(m): 3:33pm On Jan 13, 2018
ScienceWatch:
Your scientific god has explained why you block higher truths that dont fit into Atheisms stated world agenda.

How do atheists/deists/agnostics,etc use defence mechanisms to deny God or a personal God? Richard Dawkins, PZ Myers, Sam Harris and others. They are angry and resentful people and shift the blame to other for the problems in their own lives. Now filled with hatred, they invent ideas that trap themselves and others. What follows are what psychologists and psychiatrist believe to be the major ways.
DENIAL: This mechanism is very simple: the atheist/deist simply denies reality and does so with intensity and persistence. There are people who are told by doctors daily that they have a terminal illness. They hear and see many people have been miraculously healed. Their way of coping is to deny that it could be true. Atheists/deist do the same: they intensely and persistently deny that God could exist. They block out the possibility and fight it with all their might.

RATIONALIZATIONS: This is a favourite mechanism of atheists/deist. It is simply the reliance on logical-sounding but false reasons to negate reality. Atheists/deist will offer countless “logical-sounding” reasons why God does not exist, or why atheists/deist cannot accept the existence of God or religion or that miraculous healings are as simple as breathing. They are very creative at doing so, and they specialize in using pedantic language to sound convincing to others and to themselves. They fool themselves that they are of superior intelligence and that they must be correct in their conclusions. In reality, they are simply foolish rationalizers.
How do atheists use defence mechanisms to deny God
REPRESSION: This mechanism entails forcing painful experiences into the sub-conscious unconsciously. The atheist/deist/agnostic who uses this mechanism is not aware of it. All of existence shouts out miraculous, "design." Every little detail in nature offers evidence of the Artist’s miraculous touch. One only has to stop, observe and see that we are not surrounded by the grotesque, but by beauty, unity and miraculous harmony. The atheist mind will not stop and observe and see the connection. If they do stop to look, they will acknowledge the miraculous art -- but not the artist.

SUPPRESSION: Suppression is similar to repression, but with one exception: it is conscious. Science is continually offering evidence of miraculous intricacy and brilliance on the Creator’s part. The concept of miraculous design is daily being reinforced by all the sciences. Accepting the evidence of miraculous design for former atheist, Anthony Flew, may have been painful at first, but he finally accepted the glaring reality. Most atheists/deist will not. They will consciously “reject” the evidence, without any fair and sufficient analysis. And finally exclude God or reject the power of miracles in religion.

DISPLACEMENT: This mechanism has to do with transferring feelings from one deserving object to another undeserving one. As explained above, many Atheists/deists are angry and hurt, because of abuse or mistreatment by authority figures, parents, religious people or religious leaders. In time, they transfer their anger to God who allowed the events that caused their pain to take place. The end result of this mechanism is to abolish/destroy what they see as the ultimate source of their pain: God.

You focus too much on the messenger rather than the message and the end result is a one sided argument full of insults on the person of atheists. Atheists don't claim to know it all. They just choose not to pretend to know what they have no clue about, theists claim they have answers to it all. Like they present you the bullsh*t of Adam & Eve and expect sane people to accept it. Kolewerk! Yoruba has a story of human creation that sounds more plausible than Adam & Eve story yet it is still what it is, a fairy tale.
Plus most atheists are ready to become theists IF there is sufficient evidence to prove the existence of a Supreme Being. Till now no shred of evidence to support the existence of a Sky Daddy has been provided.
In essence, learn to argue smartly. Always focus on the message not the messenger otherwise you would come off as a fool incapable of reasoning that resorts to copying and pasting other dumb people's statement.
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by olaolutreasure(m): 3:39pm On Jan 13, 2018
joe4christ:

Science banks on proves and even whenever they hypothesize, its to created room for more research and findings. That's why science keep getting result and keep making the world a better place. Can you tell me how religion has made the world a better place please Cos all I see is the divisiveness orchestrated by religion amongst humanity is all I see
Yes, I do know this very well. In my discussion, I'd like to make christianity as my point of emphasis - infact christianity, in the real sense, is not a religion but an experience, encounter and newness (bit digression). There have been war, so to say, between religions against this one because satan wants means to quench the light that is a threat to his kingdom. That's the cause of the inimical belligerency that happens.
As for how it has made the world better, look back to the history of giant nations and see that their foundations were built on the Bible (America to be precised)
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by Xbee007(m): 3:40pm On Jan 13, 2018
olaolutreasure:

Science, in a lay language, is a body of knowledge built on methodological study of the environment. But error came when it uses the laws of earth and space to judge what brought the laws and lives into existence
What error are you talking about?
Please if you don't use the law of earth and space to judge what brought life into existence, what else should science use? Are you trully reading and comprehending what you're typing?
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by olaolutreasure(m): 3:44pm On Jan 13, 2018
PrecisionFx:
"" But the Bible does"" The bible does not.
Pick it up and read

1 Like

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jan 13, 2018
olaolutreasure:

Pick it up and read

I've done that multiple times already.

1 Like

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by olaolutreasure(m): 3:50pm On Jan 13, 2018
Xbee007:

What error are you talking about?
Please if you don't use the law of earth and space to judge what brought live into existence, what else should science use?
Faith. Faith is not a blind belief, faith is believe it and you see.
Just like:
SCIENCE: Show me, then I will believe it
GOD: Believe it, then I will show you
Xbee007:
Are you trully reading and comprehending what you're typing?
Absolutely

1 Like

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by olaolutreasure(m): 3:53pm On Jan 13, 2018
PrecisionFx:
I've done that multiple times already.
And you failed to see all these?
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by CuteMadridista: 3:57pm On Jan 13, 2018
olaolutreasure, you mentioned me and I asked what's going on only to be banned by antispambot

so what's going on?
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by olaolutreasure(m): 4:05pm On Jan 13, 2018
CuteMadridista:
olaolutreasure, you mentioned me and I asked what's going on only to be banned by antispambot

so what's going on?
grin grin grin It's funny... I'm sorry. Buh I dunno wich of ur monicker ws mentioned
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 13, 2018
olaolutreasure:

And you failed to see all these?

Nah.
Maybe u should tell me where to read since its hidden.
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by olaolutreasure(m): 4:37pm On Jan 13, 2018
PrecisionFx:
Nah. Maybe u should tell me where to read since its hidden.
Pls take it 4rm Genesis sir
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by CuteMadridista: 4:54pm On Jan 13, 2018
olaolutreasure:

grin grin grin It's funny... I'm sorry. Buh I dunno wich of ur monicker ws mentioned

landlord
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by Xbee007(m): 5:33pm On Jan 13, 2018
olaolutreasure:

Faith. Faith is not a blind belief, faith is believe it and you see.
Going by your premise one can safely conclude that you have seen Jesus before. Since you said "faith is believe and you see" then your faith (believe and you see) in Jesus means you should have seen Jesus by now. I am sure you haven't or have you? Smart theist don't make that statement. They just refer to Faith in a very subtle way, believing in the realm beyond human comprehension.
So no matter how you want to twist it or place it, faith is and will always be a blind belief. It is, and will always be a belief without evidence. But my question is, has faith (blindly believing) helped anyone ever before (aside from the scientific experience known as the placebo effect)?
Also, has faith ever really solved any mystery or problem before?
In case you don't know, faith, blindly believing, has brought tremendous destruction to human race and it is one of the sole cause of human problems.
Do you know that for over 1500 years, men with faith (the majority) stopped scientists from dissecting human cadavers for scientific purposes. They called it "The Temple of the Holy Spirit" that should never be desecrated.
Have you heard about the ancient witch burning system often practised by Christians religious leaders in the past? For more than 1500 years women and children tagged witches were burned alive because some FAITHFUL people say they are witches.
Faith, blindly believing, is what Nigerian pastorpreneurs use to hoodwink sheeples out of their hard earned monies. Faith, blindly believing, is what Boko Haram use to brainwash it followers into carrying out their nefarious activities.
Faith, blindly believing, therefore doesn't belong in this time and age. It belongs in the stone age. If a cave man, hundreds of thousands of years ago, says he has faith, we wouldn't judge him. But, why would a sane person in this 21st century that has seen the dangers of Faith, blindly believing, still choose it over science, believing base on proof and evidence?
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 13, 2018
olaolutreasure:

Pls take it 4rm Genesis sir

I've done that several times before 2018.
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by olaolutreasure(m): 7:47pm On Jan 13, 2018
PrecisionFx:

I've done that several times before 2018.
I know in reading it, you would have discovered certain truths, but you ignored them
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 13, 2018
olaolutreasure:

I know in reading it, you would have discovered certain truths, but you ignored them

So how Do u know I have discovered some truths? Are u my sense? Or did u also use blind faith to see the truth I might have seen?
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by olaolutreasure(m): 8:53pm On Jan 13, 2018
Xbee007:
Smart theists don't make such statement
I will not play smart, I'll unravel the matter as it.
How do I tell you that I've seen Jesus and you won't try to say it's a lie? Okay, the last time He visited me in a night vision was 22/23th Dec, 2017. This matter is about encounter and experience, I have seen to the realm beyond here, I have seen beings not humans, how do you expect my faith not to be rigid?
How do I explain to you how 'a voice' would tell me a thing and it will happen exactly? Or how He would explain difficult academic courses to me and I would understand? Or how He would tell me how to prepare for exams or how I ended being one of the best graduating students without any human efforts? How He shows me what I am not doing right and that I should change? How I can easily give up habits a man really need serious self discipline to overcome? How people look at me and say 'you must be a christian?' without knowing me?
They are encounters, that's it

1 Like

Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by olaolutreasure(m): 9:00pm On Jan 13, 2018
Xbee007:
Smart theists don't make such statement
I don't know I can keep explaining. That's why I say there are experiences science cannot explain. Major of it is how I was healed of cardiac disease without any medical interference?
Many theists will not speak on this, as I wouldn't have done too, because you've given them names:
you call vision, hallucination or phycho... No one has time to argue these trashes
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by olaolutreasure(m): 9:07pm On Jan 13, 2018
PrecisionFx:

So how Do u know I have discovered some truths? Are u my sense? Or did u also use blind faith to see the truth I might have seen?
No, the same scripture is what I read over and over again. Most times when I read, my heart burns. Any literally a lot of time, a verse or verses will just open up like a layer of leaves. It's all about experience and encounter, a church doctrine may not teach you
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 13, 2018
olaolutreasure:

No, the same scripture is what I read over and over again. Most times when I read, my heart burns. Any literally a lot of time, a verse or verses will just open up like a layer of leaves. It's all about experience and encounter, a church doctrine may not teach you

grin grin.

Let me call yaba left.i hope they still have at least 5 empty rooms.
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by Xbee007(m): 9:15pm On Jan 13, 2018
olaolutreasure:

I will not play smart, I'll unravel the matter as it.
How do I tell you that I've seen Jesus and you won't try to say it's a lie? Okay, the last time He visited me in a night vision was 22/23th Dec, 2017. This matter is about encounter and experience, I have seen to the realm beyond here, I have seen beings not humans, how do you expect my faith not to be rigid?
How do I explain to you how 'a voice' would tell me a thing and it will happen exactly? Or how He would explain difficult academic courses to me and I would understand? Or how He would tell me how to prepare for exams or how I ended being one of the best graduating students without any human efforts? How He shows me what I am not doing right and that I should change? How I can easily give up habits a man really need serious self discipline to overcome? How people look at me and say 'you must be a christian?' without knowing me?
They are encounters, that's it
Please, how does God look like? Is he black or white. Pointed nose or flat nose. Does he/she even look human at all?
Also, in which language did he used in speaking with you?
I sincerely want to know.
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by olaolutreasure(m): 9:24pm On Jan 13, 2018
Xbee007:

Please, how does God look like? Is he black or white. Pointed nose or flat nose. Does he/she even look human at all?
grin grin grin If you truly want to know, I will you. There are two ways He manifests: He either come as a Majesty (burning eyes, white hair and beard, white apparel and gold sash, legr like a glowing metal) The Bible confirms that in Revelation.
And based on the appearance as that of a man, how do I believe you are not seeking something to scoff with?
And that doesn't even matter, He has masculine structure
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by olaolutreasure(m): 9:29pm On Jan 13, 2018
Xbee007:

He speaks every languages
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by Xbee007(m): 9:30pm On Jan 13, 2018
olaolutreasure:

grin grin grin If you truly want to know, I will you. There are two ways He manifests: He either come as a Majesty (burning eyes, white hair and beard, white apparel and gold sash, legr like a glowing metal) The Bible confirms that in Revelation.
And based on the appearance as that of a man, how do I believe you are not seeking something to scoff with?
And that doesn't even matter, He has masculine structure
Wow, I am impressed.
ROTFLMAO
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by olaolutreasure(m): 9:31pm On Jan 13, 2018
Xbee007:

He speaks every languages, but addressed me in English
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by Xbee007(m): 9:39pm On Jan 13, 2018
olaolutreasure:

He speaks every languages
But you don't speak every language. That is why I was asking you the language he addressed you with when you encountered him. Was it in your local language, English or pidgin?

Mind you I am not trying to ridicule your belief in God. It is the inalienable right of every human to choose either to belief or not to. All my relations are believers, they have faith. I just choose to be the white sheep of the family. I have always been inquisitive since I was a young.
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by olaolutreasure(m): 9:40pm On Jan 13, 2018
PrecisionFx:
grin grin. Let me call yaba left.i hope they still have at least 5 empty rooms.
grin grin grin I said it
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by Xbee007(m): 9:41pm On Jan 13, 2018
olaolutreasure:

He speaks every languages, but addressed me in English
Okay, thank you.
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by olaolutreasure(m): 9:42pm On Jan 13, 2018
CuteMadridista:
landlord
Oh! Sorry. I invited hoping you might love to be on thread
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by olaolutreasure(m): 9:48pm On Jan 13, 2018
Xbee007:

Okay, thank you.
I wasn't born into christian too, I had encounter with God while in sec schl. I was inquisitive too, but discovered 'a voice' often gave me answers from within me, anytime I ask questions about my new fond faith.
As I keep growing up, it developed to free flow communication: He speaks, I speak. Sometimes He tells me things in Yoruba Language. But I understand English than Yoruba
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by Xbee007(m): 9:55pm On Jan 13, 2018
olaolutreasure:

I wasn't born into christian too, I had encounter with God while in sec schl. I was inquisitive too, but discovered 'a voice' often gave me answers from within me, anytime I ask questions about my new fond faith.
As I keep growing up, it developed to free flow communication: He speaks, I speak. Sometimes He tells me things in Yoruba Language. But I understand English than Yoruba
Sorry one last question. Are you Catholic or Protestant?
Re: Three Arguments Atheists Hate Most by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jan 13, 2018
olaolutreasure:

grin grin grin I said it

Ur yet to say anything.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Implications Of Alien Life On Religions (discussion) / Science Has Found Evidence Of God. / What Is The Definition Of A Religious Fanatic In Your Own Words And Are You One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.