Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,471 members, 7,836,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Help My Boss Is Frustrating Me - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help My Boss Is Frustrating Me (21216 Views)

You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up / Help! My Boss Is Taking Credit For My Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help My Boss Is Frustrating Me by olabrad: 3:03pm On Nov 09, 2017
dingbang:
Get a lawyer

Shey you will be the one to pay the lawyer?

1 Like

Re: Help My Boss Is Frustrating Me by tellwisdom: 3:05pm On Nov 09, 2017
Moranc:
Good day Nairalanders.... I work as an IT PERSONNEL in an ICT firm. my boss bought a laptop in computer village after using it for about 7 months the laptop developed motherboard fault, I took the faulty laptop to service center for repair since it's still under warranty but on getting there I was told it's a not under warranty because it's an USA laptop. I took it back to the office telling my boss what the problem is so he told me to return it back to where he bought it that they will have solution to it there. now the laptop have been there for over a month with no solution. He refused to pay my salary because of the laptop saying it's when I get solution to the laptop that I can be paid.please help what can I do

1 Like

Re: Help My Boss Is Frustrating Me by chycess(f): 3:10pm On Nov 09, 2017
Moranc:
Good day Nairalanders.... I work as an IT PERSONNEL in an ICT firm. my boss bought a laptop in computer village after using it for about 7 months the laptop developed motherboard fault, I took the faulty laptop to service center for repair since it's still under warranty but on getting there I was told it's a not under warranty because it's an USA laptop. I took it back to the office telling my boss what the problem is so he told me to return it back to where he bought it that they will have solution to it there. now the laptop have been there for over a month with no solution. He refused to pay my salary because of the laptop saying it's when I get solution to the laptop that I can be paid.please help what can I do
i dont even know wat to say again
Re: Help My Boss Is Frustrating Me by chieni(f): 3:11pm On Nov 09, 2017
begwong:

Have you read through to the point you had to make this comment so?
did you also read what he wrote? he said he took it to service center. he never said he took it to where it was bought.
Re: Help My Boss Is Frustrating Me by Deguy12: 3:33pm On Nov 09, 2017
you are pretty dear
pweetiedee:

lol.

he no wan pay u.

How much does the laptop cost?
Re: Help My Boss Is Frustrating Me by muller101(m): 3:33pm On Nov 09, 2017
Op don't you know how to write a resignation letter?
Re: Help My Boss Is Frustrating Me by zico10(m): 3:33pm On Nov 09, 2017
that is not a problem now . tell ur boss that the money to repair it is half of ur salary collect that one first . and after two weeks repeat the idea and tank me latter
Re: Help My Boss Is Frustrating Me by onlysose(m): 3:40pm On Nov 09, 2017
There is a guy in ikeja under bridge that fixes laptop motherboard, misplaced his number but a brown upstairs right beside the bridge. second floor of the building, there is a resruarant and a woman selling accara on ground flooor
Re: Help My Boss Is Frustrating Me by Chidonc(m): 3:42pm On Nov 09, 2017
ekensi01:

You no to go and hurry up the people who you got the laptop from.

Disturb them since your boss handed everything in your hands.

If I where the one I would have sack you.

It just that you don't understand how things go.

Reply me with your question
comprehension seems to be your problem, where did you read that the op was the one that bought the laptop for his boss? not only sack ke, was it the op fault that his boss went and bought a laptop in computer village that later became faulty, people like you are part of our problem in this country

3 Likes

Re: Help My Boss Is Frustrating Me by vislabraye(m): 4:08pm On Nov 09, 2017
Moranc:
The laptop cost 220,000

shocked shocked . 220,000 for a lap top without warrantee ?? Fairly used for that matter.... .. Something is wrong with your boss
Re: Help My Boss Is Frustrating Me by Cirochukade: 4:08pm On Nov 09, 2017
LaEvilIMiss:

Make a sacrifice... buy a new mother-board.. if he does not appreciate it.. make another sacrifice.. this time his head grin grin grin
lol
Re: Help My Boss Is Frustrating Me by pweetiedee(m): 4:13pm On Nov 09, 2017
ArchangeLucifer:

Leave dat one, na mouth e dey make. Prolly never worked in an office sef. You have to understand that some people are retarrds.

Secondly, the OP must be a mumu bcus if my boss withholds my salary, something of his will get missing real quick.

He'll know its me but won't have proof.

Lol...

you are just like me.

I showed my former boss pepper. I'm sure he won't want to employ domeone that looks like me or even bears the same name with me.

2 Likes

Re: Help My Boss Is Frustrating Me by pweetiedee(m): 4:14pm On Nov 09, 2017
Deguy12:
you are pretty dear
Thank you
Re: Help My Boss Is Frustrating Me by ArchangeLucifer: 4:17pm On Nov 09, 2017
pweetiedee:

Lol...

you are just like me.

I showed my former boss pepper. I'm sure he won't want to employed someone that looks like me or even bears the same name with me.

Lol. I've never been in that salary situation tho.

But sometimes, I make requests and when it gets delayed for no reason, work slows down in the office.
I head the IT department so I just make sure some things don't work. Printers, internet connections etc - anything vital to the office goes down.

They never try delaying my requests anymore because the firm ends up spending more on repairs and fixes and WILL STILL grant my request in the end.

Every problem has a solution.

grin

3 Likes

Re: Help My Boss Is Frustrating Me by Moranc(m): 4:18pm On Nov 09, 2017
vislabraye:

shocked shocked . 220,000 for a lap top without warrantee ?? Fairly used for that matter.... .. Something is wrong with your boss
it's a new laptop...There are some region that warranty doesn't cover so he bought laptop produce in that region
Re: Help My Boss Is Frustrating Me by andyanders: 4:23pm On Nov 09, 2017
Moranc:

As an entrepreneur, i can relate to your boss. I hate excuses. You should be able to find solution to problems - especially in your area of competence. How can you claim to be an IT personnel but you were unable to resolve a simple hardware problem within one month.

The instruction of your boss is simple; get solution for the laptop, he did not say bear the cost of finding a solution to the laptop. What is required of you is to source a perfectly good motherboard (probably with a guarantee) and present an invoice to your boss on the cost of purchasing and installing the motherboard. If he tells you to bear the cost of repairs of the laptop, then you are perfectly within your rights to vehemency refuse and resign. Since the laptop is still in your possession, you can repair the laptop and sell it to retrieve part or all of your salary.

Make sure everything is in writing, in case he want to go legal on you.

2 Likes

Re: Help My Boss Is Frustrating Me by Moranc(m): 4:24pm On Nov 09, 2017
eph12:

What will it cost to replace the board?
that should be around 60,000 to 65,000
Re: Help My Boss Is Frustrating Me by eph12(m): 4:27pm On Nov 09, 2017
Moranc:
that should be around 60,000 to 65,000
For your boss to insist that you bear the cost, something must be missing from your narration. Nobody just wakes up and decides to do this

1 Like

Re: Help My Boss Is Frustrating Me by Moranc(m): 4:31pm On Nov 09, 2017
andyanders:

As an entrepreneur, i can relate to your boss. I hate excuses. You should be able to find solution to problems - especially in your area of competence. How can you claim to be an IT personnel but you were unable to resolve a simple hardware problem within one month.

The instruction of your boss is simple; get solution for the laptop, he did not say bear the cost of finding a solution to the laptop. What is required of you is to source a perfectly good motherboard (probably with a guarantee) and present an invoice to your boss on the cost of purchasing and installing the motherboard. If he tells you to bear the cost of repairs of the laptop, then you are perfectly within your rights to vehemency refuse and resign. Since the laptop is still in your possession, you can repair the laptop and sell it to retrieve part or all of your salary.

Make sure everything is in writing, in case he want to go legal on you.
thanks for your post but the point is his not ready to buy motherboard all his after is for the laptop to work...that was why he said I should return it to where he bought it hoping that they will do it for him free there

1 Like

Re: Help My Boss Is Frustrating Me by Moranc(m): 4:34pm On Nov 09, 2017
celestialAgent:
That’s less than $1000. The motherboard should cost nothing more than $200. You should be able to get a good motherboard from eBay. If after getting a motherboard, he still refuse to pay u, break the new motherboard on his head and pack all the laptops he has left undecided

Boh OP, talk truth, are you sure you didn’t remove something from the laptop to swindle your Oga shocked
lol...no I didn't
Re: Help My Boss Is Frustrating Me by Moranc(m): 4:35pm On Nov 09, 2017
Jeezuzpick:
Guy de man no just wan pay you.

Na only de laptop repair be de only tin wey you dey do wey one month pass?
asin ehn the matter just weak me
Re: Help My Boss Is Frustrating Me by Moranc(m): 4:37pm On Nov 09, 2017
Gluhbirne:
Why don't you find another repair shop to fix the laptop?
thanks for your advice but I can't just be taking the laptop from one engineer to another because I don't trust those engineers too they can be very cunning
Re: Help My Boss Is Frustrating Me by Moranc(m): 4:39pm On Nov 09, 2017
[quote author=dljbd1 post=62220121][/quote]thank you sir
Re: Help My Boss Is Frustrating Me by Moranc(m): 4:39pm On Nov 09, 2017
[quote author=dljbd1 post=62220121][/quote] thank you sir
Re: Help My Boss Is Frustrating Me by lobell: 4:42pm On Nov 09, 2017
LaEvilIMiss:

Make a sacrifice... buy a new mother-board.. if he does not appreciate it.. make another sacrifice.. this time his head grin grin grin

Muguwa!
Re: Help My Boss Is Frustrating Me by freeman95(m): 4:42pm On Nov 09, 2017
Your boss is a FIEND

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help My Boss Is Frustrating Me by Charly68: 4:47pm On Nov 09, 2017
Wicked employers plenty for Naija ..go on your knees and report his case to God..except you aren't born again..if so better give your life to Christ and press your heavenly button to mount pressure on the wicked boss ...he will pay you under fire..
Re: Help My Boss Is Frustrating Me by andyanders: 5:06pm On Nov 09, 2017
Moranc:
thanks for your post but the point is his not ready to buy motherboard all his after is for the laptop to work...that was why he said I should return it to where he bought it hoping that they will do it for him free there

You still need to get an invoice from the computer shop stating how much they are charging for the repair of the computer. You then need to attach the invoice with your letter or memo stating that you cannot be responsible for the cost of repair of the computer as you are not responsible for damaging the computer.

If he still insists that he will not pay you until you pay for the repair of his laptop, then you have no choice but to put in your resignation letter. You then ask him to pay you your outstanding wages or you will liquidate his computer to offset your wages. Make sure the computer is securely in your possession before you tender in your resignation letter.

He might looking for an excuse to sack you without paying you. Even if you bear the cost of repairs of his laptop, he would certainly make another outrageous demand soon after.

Please do not take it to another engineer as he can accuse you of vandalizing his laptop.
Re: Help My Boss Is Frustrating Me by 1234onyekwe: 5:35pm On Nov 09, 2017
ArchangeLucifer:

Lol. I've never been in that salary situation tho.

But sometimes, I make requests and when it gets delayed for no reason, work slows down in the office.
I head the IT department so I just make sure some things don't work. Printers, internet connections etc - anything vital to the office goes down.

They never try delaying my requests anymore because the firm ends up spending more on repairs and fixes and WILL STILL grant my request in the end.

Every problem has a solution.

grin
Mehn,this is wickedness at it's peak.
Re: Help My Boss Is Frustrating Me by hooklover: 6:03pm On Nov 09, 2017
Are u aware with less than 50k u can eliminate him completely and ur obstacle has been cleared.

Just come let me give u ogbolobog put in his sit or anywhere he will _step on and watch his leg swell up.he will leave office for u to run. Hahass

Only works if someone offends u....
Re: Help My Boss Is Frustrating Me by dljbd1(m): 6:14pm On Nov 09, 2017
Moranc:
thank you sir
Stop using Glo tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Before You Accept That GROSS Salary, Here's Are Steps To Calculate Your Net Pay / Top 10 Litigation Law Firms In Nigeria 2017 - Law Repository / What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.