Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,874 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

Show Off Your Qualifications Here - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Show Off Your Qualifications Here (17140 Views)

Police To Promote Junior Officers With Higher Qualifications – IG / ICAN Stops Direct Conversion Of Foreign Qualifications / What Qualifications Do You Need To Become An Air Hostess? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Show Off Your Qualifications Here by InesQor(m): 6:42am On Mar 26, 2010
southern1:

InesQor, thank you for the comment. smiley I must say that I do enjoy my job. But what I'm trying to now do as a side hustle is branch out into teaching at the university level.
Kudos, sis. Lectures in Forensics. . . Your class had better get ready for some mind-blowing Sherlock-Holmes kinda deductions after your PhD grin
Re: Show Off Your Qualifications Here by Nobody: 6:47am On Mar 26, 2010
southern1:

FL Gators,  I do love my job. smiley
You should mehn.
Most of the shows I watch are Forensics or having to deal with Forensic.
Is the salary high? I thought against forensic cuz I need a career with good money [and maybe the one I loff lipsrsealed]
Re: Show Off Your Qualifications Here by na2day2(m): 6:47am On Mar 26, 2010
southern1:

na2day,

LOL!!!  Stay home and raise da kids huh? hmmmmmmmmm

i hear i will make a good father  wink wink wink
Re: Show Off Your Qualifications Here by Matinho: 7:40am On Mar 26, 2010
blacksta:

And yet his people are dying everyday of common malaria - what a waste

blacksta u speaking through the four compass points of your mouth unfortunately.People are dying of malaria, well thats not the fault of a doctor or pharmacists,if proper preventive measures are taken and the breeding environment for mosquitoes are not allowed then there ll be no malaria,individuals are the ones who have to eliminate malaria,africans are lucky beacause 70% of the afflictions they face are completely preventable.
Re: Show Off Your Qualifications Here by mayfrances(f): 7:40am On Mar 26, 2010
This is a dumb ass post.  Black folks will put any bullshit down but how can you verify if it's true.  Every African I meet in Dallas claims to have been a doctor or an attorney back in Nigeria; Now they over here working at McDonalds or cleaning ass as a CNA for minimum wages.  Don't get me wrong, there are many educated Africans but the ones who lie about what they did back home just to impress someone kills me.  Who gives a damn what kind of degree you have.  You can have a B.S. a masters and a Ph.D in this country and still be on damn welfare.  

By the way, I am working on my Ph.D in Educational leadership.  I have two masters and a  B.S. degree.  My husband, who is Nigerian, was in the Nigerian Air Force (I stayed on Sam Efran base for two weeks with him in Ikeja) and he has a degree from Amadu Bello in Zaria and he has the piece of paper to prove it.  He had to come over here and start all over again because they do not recognize most degree from Africa here in America.  He worked his way through two years of nursing school (while cleaning butts for pennies) and now he is a Registered Nurse.  (Don't laugh, there are lots of African men that are nursed here in America and they make good money too!!)  I am so proud of him.
Re: Show Off Your Qualifications Here by na2day2(m): 7:52am On Mar 26, 2010
mayfrances:

This is a dumb backside post.  Black folks will put any bullshit down but how can you verify if it's true.  Every African I meet in Dallas claims to have been a doctor or an attorney back in Nigeria; Now they over here working at McDonalds or cleaning backside as a CNA for minimum wages.  Don't get me wrong, there are many educated Africans but the ones who lie about what they did back home just to impress someone kills me.  Who gives a damn what kind of degree you have.  You can have a B.S. a masters and a Ph.D in this country and still be on damn welfare.  

By the way, I am working on my Ph.D in Educational leadership.  I have two masters and a  B.S. degree.  My husband, who is Nigerian, was in the Nigerian Air Force (I stayed on Sam Efran base for two weeks with him in Ikeja) and he has a degree from Amadu Bello in Zaria and he has the piece of paper to prove it.  He had to come over here and start all over again because they do not recognize most degree from Africa here in America.  He worked his way through two years of nursing school (while cleaning butts for pennies) and now he is a Registered Nurse.  (Don't laugh, there are lots of African men that are nursed here in America and they make good money too!!)  I am so proud of him.

u've just spoken very ignorantly. i live in dallas and i can tell u right now, most africans i have met do have a degree but most of their degrees are not recognized for work in america, thats why most go back to school and do masters. for those that jump into the CNA thingy, that is just those that are misled. i cant tell u how many i have met that immediately they show up are told to go do nursing or CNA that they will immediately get a job and they jump into it. i have a friend that just showed up and he has been talked into the same mistake. ppl told me the same thing when i came but i clear said, nope, i dont do hospitals or health care practice thingy. so your assumptions might be heavily wrong
Re: Show Off Your Qualifications Here by Yoighaman(m): 7:59am On Mar 26, 2010
@ Poster: What's the essence of this thread pleaseeeee?
Re: Show Off Your Qualifications Here by InesQor(m): 8:00am On Mar 26, 2010
@na2day: well said!  cool For once you make a comeback post at someone and I'm not like "huh? ".  grin

Okay that's a compliment.  cheesy
Re: Show Off Your Qualifications Here by Nobody: 8:02am On Mar 26, 2010
blacksta:

^^^^^

All the qualifications in the world  - yet no water, no electricity, bad roads, mass illiteracy, hunger, no infrastructure and many more madness

and yet the oyinbo man wey no get half of the qualification of Nigerians has a much better and higher standard of living

which one would you prefer.
lol
Yoighaman:

@ Poster: What's the essence of this thread pleaseeeee?
maybe the guy wan give jobless people work.who knows?
Re: Show Off Your Qualifications Here by Nobody: 8:04am On Mar 26, 2010
Topic.
Got 2 awards in 2008 for Best Beer Consumer of the year.
Re: Show Off Your Qualifications Here by southern1(f): 8:09am On Mar 26, 2010
FL Gators, with regard to pay, that varies according to what agency for which you work, state, federal etc.
Re: Show Off Your Qualifications Here by Linguist(f): 8:33am On Mar 26, 2010
Registered Nurse
Safety Officer
Computer Analyst
5years Experience
( Rn, HSE Officer, CE, A&e, HOD, HIV, TB, B.Sc. PH, MASTERS HE, SSSCE, WTB, BBC, DRTV, AIT, NTA, MC, DJ, NL, in exaustible) ist degree.
( elder, deacon,pastor, revd, prophet, evangelist, arch bishop, pope, papa, mama etc.) 2nd degree.
£rd degree, upcoming. I hope am Qualified?
Re: Show Off Your Qualifications Here by Linguist(f): 8:34am On Mar 26, 2010
Registered Nurse
Safety Officer
Computer Analyst grin
5years Experience cheesy
( Rn, HSE Officer, CE, A&e, HOD, HIV, TB, B.Sc. PH, MASTERS HE, SSSCE, WTB, BBC, DRTV, AIT, NTA, MC, DJ, NL, in exaustible) ist degree. cool
( elder, deacon,pastor, revd, prophet, evangelist, arch bishop, pope, papa, mama etc.) 2nd degree.
£rd degree, upcoming. I hope am Qualified? shocked shocked?
Re: Show Off Your Qualifications Here by vianooo1(f): 8:58am On Mar 26, 2010
DICS- Diploma in Computer Science.
BA-Bachelors in Art.
3yrs Work Excperience in 4 top Investment Banks.
MMP-Masters in Managerial Psychology.
GOE- Greatest Lover on earth, My biggest achievement so far.
Re: Show Off Your Qualifications Here by rahmanajeigbe(m): 9:06am On Mar 26, 2010
B.Eng Mechanical (2007), OND mechanical(2002),Experienced in energy planning and analysis(2Yrs), 22Yrs
Re: Show Off Your Qualifications Here by xtremeidea(m): 9:09am On Mar 26, 2010
First School Leaving Certificate TORONTO
GOC
CTC
STD
HIV
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Show Off Your Qualifications Here by kemisuga(f): 9:12am On Mar 26, 2010
This is getting more serious ooooh shocked shocked shocked shocked

Drop out, grin grin grin
Re: Show Off Your Qualifications Here by benedictac(f): 9:26am On Mar 26, 2010
FSLC (though drop out)
CCTV
DSTV
HITV
MYTV
Experience: from inception
I know i am fit for the job
Re: Show Off Your Qualifications Here by simeonval: 9:32am On Mar 26, 2010
ACCOUNT OFFICER - 4YRS
BSC                    -        3YRS
account officer (NYSC) -1YR
FINANCIAL PLANNER - 1YR
ACCOUNTANT -1YR
MANAGER    2009-TILLDATE 1yr+
MBA - IN VIEW

simeonval@yahoo.com
29 years
Re: Show Off Your Qualifications Here by benedictac(f): 9:36am On Mar 26, 2010
simeonval:

ACCOUNT OFFICER - 4YRS
BSC - 3YRS
account officer (NYSC) -1YR
FINANCIAL PLANNER - 1YR
ACCOUNTANT -1YR
MANAGER 2009-TILLDATE 1yr+
MBA - IN VIEW

simeonval@yahoo.com
29 years

with all these, u still dey find work?
Re: Show Off Your Qualifications Here by SirWelly: 9:40am On Mar 26, 2010
I AM PROUD TO BE A HOLDER OF PRIMARY SCHOOL CERTIFICATE- (FIRST LEAVING SCHOOL CERTIFICATE) smiley smiley
Re: Show Off Your Qualifications Here by naso2(m): 9:43am On Mar 26, 2010
FSLC in view
MHV (Masters in Hostage valuation from Camp 5)
Re: Show Off Your Qualifications Here by simeonval: 9:50am On Mar 26, 2010
OON
OFN
OFR
CFR
MON
GCON
GCFR
MBA
MTN
GLO
MTV
BBC
CON
PHD
MSC

TITLE -GEN, CHIEF,DR,PROF,ALHAJI,OLARANKWO OLANIYI RETIRED BUT NOT TIRED TO HANDLE ANY MINISTERIAL POST.
Re: Show Off Your Qualifications Here by Shinatu: 10:00am On Mar 26, 2010
B. A (hons) Law & Criminology 2:1 (Greenwich University)
B.Sc Intl Relations & Psychology 2:2 (Kingston University)
M.Sc Forensic Psychology (Kingston University)

Diploma in Child Psychology (N.C.L College)
Diploma In Business Studies (West London College)
Certificate in Business Administration (West London College)

Advance Diploma in Behavioural Psychology

and by God's grace currency rounding up my thesis & Works on my Ph.D. in Clinical & Cognitive Psychology

I don go far o. All glory be to God.

@Paris10, glory be to God indeed. Welldone, may you reap the fruit of your labour.
Re: Show Off Your Qualifications Here by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:02am On Mar 26, 2010
First School Leaving Certificate
WAEC
GCE
B.Sc Business Admin
CEO Private Company  grin
9 Yrs Experience in IT Consultancy  grin
Re: Show Off Your Qualifications Here by simeonval: 10:02am On Mar 26, 2010
benedictac

i want to become a DIRECTOR,MD, OR CEO.
Re: Show Off Your Qualifications Here by yahoo2(m): 10:15am On Mar 26, 2010
Not seen anyone with these below qualifications so far!

HIV, AIDS, STD, TB and so on.

Are you ashame to flaunt your papers. lol
Re: Show Off Your Qualifications Here by benedictac(f): 10:17am On Mar 26, 2010
yahoo!:

Not seen anyone with these below qualifications so far!

HIV, AIDS, STD, TB and so on.

Are you ashame to flaunt your papers. lol

are u saying ur qualification

simeonval:

benedictac

i want to become a DIRECTOR,MD, OR CEO.

for ya mind. i wish u the best sha
Re: Show Off Your Qualifications Here by axeman85(m): 10:21am On Mar 26, 2010
;d

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Workplace Christmas Bonus: What Did Your Workplace Give Out As Christmas Bonus / Josepdam Ports Services Sacks 5 Senior Managers / Masters In Engineering Or Professional Certification In Engineering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.