Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,349 members, 7,957,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:10 AM

Aregbesola Commissions St. Augustine’s Government Elementary School, Ipetumodu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola Commissions St. Augustine’s Government Elementary School, Ipetumodu (46818 Views)

Aregbesola Commissions 10 Fire Fighter Trucks Worth N1.8 Billion (Photos) / Aregbesola Commissions Immigration Office Complex In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / Governor Aregbesola Commissions School Buses For Public Schools In Osun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aregbesola Commissions St. Augustine’s Government Elementary School, Ipetumodu by igirabata123(m): 6:09pm On Nov 09, 2017
deomelo:

He actually commissioned more projects than Lagos state and the rest of Nigeria within the last 2 years. He's performing better than Lagos state and even sef, while Lagos is struggling to build an ordinary airport, Osun state will get probably the best airport in Nigeria in less than 1 year.

Owning workers salaries and wages in all departments, but smartly go on capital projects to embezzle the meagre state allocation. Do you guys think governance is by building edifices? Ask any Osun state workers, they will tell you about Hafusa, i. e, half salary.

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Commissions St. Augustine’s Government Elementary School, Ipetumodu by Ofemannnu: 6:09pm On Nov 09, 2017
Leez:

Afonja reasoning sha
smh
Are you an Ojuku? grin

4 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Commissions St. Augustine’s Government Elementary School, Ipetumodu by Ajibel(m): 6:10pm On Nov 09, 2017
deomelo:

This is the mark of a good and creative leader.

When you are naturally a good leader with great sense of duty and love for your people and state, you don't let anything hold you back, you just keep going and keep finding creative ways to overcome obstacles.

While this man is the best and the performing Governor ion Nigeria as we speak even with debts and meager allocations, all the states in Nigeria without debts, with their abundant allocations and IGRs can not compete with Aregbshola in Osun state, not even Lagos state with the largest IGR and N820 billion budget.

And he's not even done because there are many more major projects ongoing all over the state.

I truly admire his courage.

Egbon, you haven't forgiven Ambode for what he did to Fashola grin grin
Re: Aregbesola Commissions St. Augustine’s Government Elementary School, Ipetumodu by Tmercy(m): 6:10pm On Nov 09, 2017
ylaa:
God bless this man
Nice job but the money plenty oh!
Him use all build the school or him pay him pocket small? Just asking grin grin
94m not too much for such project if na Fg u go surprise how much dem go award am

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Commissions St. Augustine’s Government Elementary School, Ipetumodu by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 09, 2017
ok

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Commissions St. Augustine’s Government Elementary School, Ipetumodu by Lexusgs430: 6:11pm On Nov 09, 2017
EDUMARSHAL ------ Wetin den go dey do ?
Re: Aregbesola Commissions St. Augustine’s Government Elementary School, Ipetumodu by maisauki: 6:11pm On Nov 09, 2017
luckyz4rea:

Smh! Is it not his duty? Was that not what he was elected for? Is he using his money for it? Of all the funds he has had access to, does what he has done match up?

Are we so used to their inefficiency that a little efficient thing they do is like a icing on a cake?

If all or most of the things he has done cannot stand the test of time then......Kudos to him anyways!
in another news, report has it that Kwara has not even commissiones a spoon that costs five naira

5 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Commissions St. Augustine’s Government Elementary School, Ipetumodu by Caseless: 6:12pm On Nov 09, 2017
Love him or loathe him, he's a working governor.

4 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Commissions St. Augustine’s Government Elementary School, Ipetumodu by 4gunners(m): 6:12pm On Nov 09, 2017
The state has been thrown into huge debt, salaries of workers, pensioners not paid while he goes about commissioning elephant project.
Re: Aregbesola Commissions St. Augustine’s Government Elementary School, Ipetumodu by Leez(m): 6:13pm On Nov 09, 2017
Ofemannnu:
Are you an Ojuku? grin
beta than being a smelly ewedu gobbler tbh undecided
Re: Aregbesola Commissions St. Augustine’s Government Elementary School, Ipetumodu by ibabz(m): 6:13pm On Nov 09, 2017
Honestly I don't know how Nigerians reason, especially our youth. The purpose of education is to develop your reasoning capacity but unfortunately when I see the way the so called educated young people reason I don't think this country has a future.

This is a governor that has plucked his state into heavy indebtedness. A state with monthly IGR of N1.37b and has about N147b debt profile. Even if all the monthly allocation is used to pay off the debt, it would take the more than 15yrs to pay back.

This man has used the allocations of 4 governors and people are praising him?

I hope and pray we wouldn't wake up one day and see Osun State for sale on OLX or on EBay for auction.
Re: Aregbesola Commissions St. Augustine’s Government Elementary School, Ipetumodu by Leez(m): 6:15pm On Nov 09, 2017
freeman95:

Smoke this ... U go wise
cheesy
if only it made ewedu gobblers get sense grin
Re: Aregbesola Commissions St. Augustine’s Government Elementary School, Ipetumodu by PVision2020(m): 6:19pm On Nov 09, 2017
EazyJ:
I'm not impressed. A governor owning his workers salary and he is busy commissioning projects. Mtcheww...
Is he the only state governor owing salaries?

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Commissions St. Augustine’s Government Elementary School, Ipetumodu by piagetskinner(m): 6:20pm On Nov 09, 2017
but that's the duty of any sane government... to provide infrastructure... they don't need to be applauded when they do because its their responsibility...

anyway good one Aregberascal
Re: Aregbesola Commissions St. Augustine’s Government Elementary School, Ipetumodu by ivolt: 6:21pm On Nov 09, 2017
PVision2020:

I tell you, how he does that compare to the meagre Osun income amazes me.

Funding govt project is trivial, just keep piling up debts, nothing mysterious about it.
Re: Aregbesola Commissions St. Augustine’s Government Elementary School, Ipetumodu by Desyner: 6:23pm On Nov 09, 2017
deomelo:

He actually commissioned more projects than Lagos state and the rest of Nigeria within the last 2 years. He's performing better than Lagos state and even sef, while Lagos is struggling to build an ordinary airport, Osun state will get probably the best airport in Nigeria in less than 1 year.

To the point he can't handle recurrent expenditure smoothly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Commissions St. Augustine’s Government Elementary School, Ipetumodu by Ofemannnu: 6:25pm On Nov 09, 2017
Leez:

beta than being a smelly ewedu gobbler tbh undecided

You like being a pig...a rotten nsala gobbling sub human, a documented cannibal? grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Commissions St. Augustine’s Government Elementary School, Ipetumodu by Fhemmmy: 6:26pm On Nov 09, 2017
deomelo:

The Elementary school at the cost of N94 million is a‎ quadrangular block of 12 rooms, 10 of which are used as classrooms, one is a computer centre while the last one is used as the library. It also has a Headmaster’s office, a store, a power office and a conference room. It is complete with its own borehole, power transformer and a recreation and sporting centre.

This for 94M Naira and we clapping?
I am sure Spyder of Nairaland will build better with that kinda funds
Re: Aregbesola Commissions St. Augustine’s Government Elementary School, Ipetumodu by AdesegunSanni89: 6:28pm On Nov 09, 2017
NigerDeltan:
Funny how people reason

You are building beautiful structures but decide to owe teachers months of their salaries

For your mind you are investing in education

Typical APC govt
MUMU. At least APC is better that PDP which could not pay teachers salaries nor build beautiful structures. Modaforker like you. BASTARD Igbo/ Ipob pig.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Commissions St. Augustine’s Government Elementary School, Ipetumodu by adem30: 6:28pm On Nov 09, 2017
maisauki:
in another news, report has it that Kwara has not even commissiones a spoon that costs five naira

He would they? When be say na Saraki and Fatai dey share the allocation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Commissions St. Augustine’s Government Elementary School, Ipetumodu by Kiakia(m): 6:29pm On Nov 09, 2017
And this cost the government N94 million? Unbelievable! The era of inflation of contracts is still with various state governments.
Howbeit, it is better than investing state resources in erecting useless and worthless statues. The sum of N520 million used by one drunken governor in the south east to erect a single statue would have fetched about ten of these schools built by Aregbesola. The N600 million used by that accursed governor to mount meaningless christmas tree every year in the state capital would have cleared substantial amount of pensioner's arrears, or even workers salary. Presently, bounced cheques is the fate of pensioners in that state.
Today, another statue will be unveiled! And another one also in December if information emanating from the grapevine is to be believed.
Is the federal government powerless to call that man to order? Why should state funds be used to service personal investments of a governor? Ayam not understanding!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Commissions St. Augustine’s Government Elementary School, Ipetumodu by Nobody: 6:29pm On Nov 09, 2017
Insult me oh but that school no reach that amount,highest 40m
Re: Aregbesola Commissions St. Augustine’s Government Elementary School, Ipetumodu by adem30: 6:29pm On Nov 09, 2017
Fhemmmy:

This for 94M Naira and we clapping?
I am sure Spyder of Nairaland will build better with that kinda funds

How Mich does it cost Okorocha to build Jacob Zuma status?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Commissions St. Augustine’s Government Elementary School, Ipetumodu by Leez(m): 6:32pm On Nov 09, 2017
Kiakia:
And this cost the government N94 million? Unbelievable! The era of inflation of contracts is still with various state governments.
Howbeit, it is better than imvesting state resources in erecting useless andf worthless statues. The sum of N520 million used by one drunken governor in the east to erect a single statue would have fetched about ten of these schools. The N600 million used by that accursed governor to mount meaningless christmas tree every year would have cleared a substantial amount of pensioner's arrears, or even workers salary. Presently, bounced cheques is the fate of pensioners in that state.
Today, another statue will be unveiled! And another one in December if information emanating from the grapevine is to be believed.
but but afonjas said rochas is d best choice for SE presido naaa grin grin
smh
Re: Aregbesola Commissions St. Augustine’s Government Elementary School, Ipetumodu by freeman95(m): 6:33pm On Nov 09, 2017
Leez:

if only it made ewedu gobblers get sense grin

Ok but it might make a flatie wise grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Commissions St. Augustine’s Government Elementary School, Ipetumodu by deomelo: 6:41pm On Nov 09, 2017

Big boys do big things.......... grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Commissions St. Augustine’s Government Elementary School, Ipetumodu by PVision2020(m): 6:41pm On Nov 09, 2017
ibabz:
Honestly I don't know how Nigerians reason, especially our youth. The purpose of education is to develop your reasoning capacity but unfortunately when I see the way the so called educated young people reason I don't think this country has a future.

This is a governor that has plucked his state into heavy indebtedness. A state with monthly IGR of N1.37b and has about N147b debt profile. Even if all the monthly allocation is used to pay off the debt, it would take the more than 15yrs to pay back.

This man has used the allocations of 4 governors and people are praising him?

I hope and pray we wouldn't wake up one day and see Osun State for sale on OLX or on EBay for auction.
Oga only an economic neophyte criminalise debt. Good economist will tell you Nigeria needs to borrow more to fix is infrastructural deficit. The debt was approved by the debt management office (under okonjo iweala) and they have more qualified economist than what we can laymanly imagine.
I have reservation towards his human developmental programs though.
Osun is a predominantly civil service/Academics(due to the tertiary institutions) state with little or no investment, no state can survive on the long run when all his people look up only to the state for survival. How can you change this trend?
Massive investment in infrastructure.
With the completion of the gbongan-ajegunle road project, Osogbo kwara project, you will open up the state to massive investments, just like Ogun state is presently reaping off Lagos, Agricultural produce will find their way down to Lagos with ease, real estate companies will start springing up as population explode in Lagos, tourist will find haven Osun. Good infrastructure and enabling environment will motivate investors to the state.
I understand the pains of Osun indegenes (I'm also one) but Ti ta ri ro la nkola, to ba jina tan oge niida.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Commissions St. Augustine’s Government Elementary School, Ipetumodu by Kiakia(m): 6:41pm On Nov 09, 2017
luckyz4rea:

Smh! Is it not his duty? Was that not what he was elected for? Is he using his money for it? Of all the funds he has had access to, does what he has done match up?

Are we so used to their inefficiency that a little efficient thing they do is like a icing on a cake?

If all or most of the things he has done cannot stand the test of time then......Kudos to him anyways!
Is it part of the duty of one Governor Okorocha to use state funds to run his personal business? Is it also part of his duty to waste money that would have been chanelled into worthy ventures to erect meaningless and unsolicited statue of foreign dignitaries? Nigeria is a joke.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Commissions St. Augustine’s Government Elementary School, Ipetumodu by deomelo: 6:42pm On Nov 09, 2017

When your people are loving and enjoying your hard work. grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Commissions St. Augustine’s Government Elementary School, Ipetumodu by Kiakia(m): 6:44pm On Nov 09, 2017
adem30:
And one Shugomu is comparing Aregbe with House boy Abdulfatai Hamed of Kwara
Can you imagine? Does Kwara state have a governor atall? I pity that man. He is firmly in the pocket of Saraki.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Video From Peter Obi's Rally In Lafia, Nasarawa State (Pictures) / Misau: IG Of Police N10Billion Monthly Bribe Allegation Debated On Channels TV / Yahaya Bello & His Wife, Rashida, In His Office.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.