Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,363 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal (21444 Views)

Ize-Iyamu To Appear In Court Today Over N700 Million Fraud / Uche Ogah Resumes Duty At Mines And Steel Ministry(photos) / Happy Birthday To Hon. Minister Of Mines And Steel Devpt (dr. John Kayode Fayem) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 10, 2017
Throwback:

If only you had sparred the 1minute to google hiw much some websites and web portals cost, you would not have embarrassed yourself so.
bro look at the website we are talking about here www.minesandsteel.gov.ng. According to a user here. Now tell me, how does this stupid website justify 700 million naira?? Hey God.

1 Like

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by ibietela2(m): 9:47am On Nov 10, 2017
ivandragon:

are you really this dull or are you just hiding behind that to defend your preferred thieves?

Ibe cleared stated it that the contracts didn't pass through due process where paddings & other fraudulent acts could have been checked & filtered out.

the person that signed it, if true, doesn't know jack about technicalities involved. & if he truly did sign, where are the documents to back it up?

back to the topic jare...

have you even gone to check out the website?

do you know that some of the links lead nowhere?

you just keep talking out of your ass...

Link please
Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by erico2k2(m): 9:48am On Nov 10, 2017
Throwback:

The portal is for fun. It is to stream you tube videos.

Are you happy now? Did you read the content of the news at all or you are another aimless critic on the prowl?
On a serious note this is Ghana Mining Portal http://www.ghana-mining.org/GhanaIMS/
Now where is that of Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by ivandragon: 9:48am On Nov 10, 2017
obailala:
Im not aware of the questions you asked, I only just saw and clarified the point where you insisted a 'contract' was issued without due process. That issue has been settled that due process wasn't breached, why do you still insist on it?

hmm...

what is the essence of due process if someone can just make approvals?

do you know that the tenders board that Baru is hiding under cannot approve contracts above $20m? & that is even subject to conditions to avoid contract splitting which is what the former NPA chairman went to jail for...?

do you know that even pmb has a limit to which he can give executive approval for?

a contract(s) of that sum can only be approved by the FEC, so which FEC meeting was the approval given?

if pmb gave executive approval, when was this given & where are the supporting documents to support that?

1 Like

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by erico2k2(m): 9:49am On Nov 10, 2017
ivandragon:

are you really this dull or are you just hiding behind that to defend your preferred thieves?

Ibe cleared stated it that the contracts didn't pass through due process where paddings & other fraudulent acts could have been checked & filtered out.

the person that signed it, if true, doesn't know jack about technicalities involved. & if he truly did sign, where are the documents to back it up?

back to the topic jare...

have you even gone to check out the website?

do you know that some of the links lead nowhere?

you just keep talking out of your ass...
seen it
Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by ivandragon: 9:50am On Nov 10, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by Keballl: 9:56am On Nov 10, 2017
Throwback:

An aimless critic like you would still have found fault if it was a N5m portal.

You would have claimed Bayo also builds website for N500K.

People like you are stuck in the mud till the high tide overcome you.

You belong to the Huawei and CCECC mentality. Some of us belong to the Ericsson and Cappa & D'Alberto mentality.

So when matters like these are discussed, it is no surprise what side of the divide we align with.

You have embarrassed yourself enough for the day. It is time for you to get out.
What a shameless sycophant.

3 Likes

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by erico2k2(m): 9:57am On Nov 10, 2017
ivandragon:

http://www.minesandsteel.gov.ng
ALl the miners there have gmail and yahoo mail as Email adress no phone numbers lol,Dem try.I still dont think this cost as much but nah Nigeria so we know how E dey B
Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by ibietela2(m): 9:58am On Nov 10, 2017
ivandragon:

For a 700M website.

still loading as am typing this after 20s

1 Like

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by Keballl: 10:00am On Nov 10, 2017
obailala:
You do realise the money wasnt for a 'contract' but rather was payment of NNPC's cash call to JV partners right?

You also do realise that the issue of breach of due process has been clarified with a confirmation that it didn't necessarily need to pass the desk of the board chairman?... You do realise the case has long been closed right ?

So why exactly do you still dwell on a closed case when you should be focused on a more reasonable debate on the N700m portal?

Off course, closed like that of Maina and Babachir Lawal..

Stop this silly sycophancy.
Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by ivandragon: 10:01am On Nov 10, 2017
GavelSlam:

Do you agree satellite links, servers, hardwares and sundry infrastructure become part of the deal?

Do you agree that dedicated developers, engineers would be needed to maintain this site?

I posted a link earlier.

Take a look at it:

https://techvera.com/company-it-spend/

look...

lets stop all this back & forth...

where I work, we have a website that handles financial transactions, keeps records, handles registrations, is updated daily & the total system serves over 6000 people daily with over 5000 visitors ....

we spent 200m developing it & this includes maintenance & training for 24 months...

after that, we spend an average of 2.5m monthly to maintain the site & internet access package...

now check out the ministry's website & tell me what you think...

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by ibkayee(f): 10:04am On Nov 10, 2017
ChiefPiiko:
Ibkayee is this amount justifiable?? I don't know jack bout building websites
Wouldn't know, only done it as a pastime/practice. Sounds like a lot though
Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by Keballl: 10:04am On Nov 10, 2017
GavelSlam:

Please can you tell us how many active portals have you built?

What's the name of your corporation so the rest of the country can patronise you.

You are still here justifying nonsense all year hungry sycophant.

1 Like

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by Throwback: 10:08am On Nov 10, 2017
Keballl:

You have embarrassed yourself enough for the day. It is time for you to get out.
What a shameless sycophant.

I wish I had words for you, but I won't spare the effort.
Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by Keballl: 10:09am On Nov 10, 2017
Throwback:

I wish I had words for you, but I won't spare the effort.

You can't cos am so certain.
Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by dozymars(m): 10:09am On Nov 10, 2017
See allallthe the gramma in analysing the portal as if we Nigerians are illiterates.

N700million to design a portal, welldone o, keep it up.
Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by EKPETI(m): 10:23am On Nov 10, 2017
This question is to be answered by ICT expert.

Is there a website that can be build for $2m?
Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by greenek: 10:32am On Nov 10, 2017
GavelSlam:

Please do some proper investigation.

6,000 dollars a month is about that figure.

72,000 dollars, no engineer worth his salt with international experience would touch that figure.

show proof

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by obailala(m): 10:38am On Nov 10, 2017
Keballl:

Off course, closed like that of Maina and Babachir Lawal..

Stop this silly sycophancy.
Stop daft criticism! The details of that very case was made very clear and the case closed. There are numerous meaningful things that can be criticised, quit dwelling on nonsense criticism and thinking you are being sensible/objective.

1 Like

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by mapet: 10:47am On Nov 10, 2017
ivandragon:

Throwback: :

Illiterates should only speak on basic topics that can be argued at a beer parlour.

Spending $2m on a portal depending on what the complexities of it are and what level of integrated database is required, is not a child's play.

The ministry has itself revealed this information freely to the public, to prevent the likes of you from making a mockery of serious business initiatives as some scandal that has been exposed.

keep quite & stop being an ignoramus...

have you visited the website to see if it justifies that amount?

have you forgotten that there was an uproar when this amount was said to have been budgeted for website in 2016? so why won't it boldly come out to say so when it had been padded ab initio... same way the $25b NNPC will be defended by the likes of you when they tell Nigerians that they have executed $25b in thin air...

you just keep jumping up & down to defend rubbish simply because it is your preferred thieves doing the looting...

@ivandragon ,

I think the challenge @Throwback is innately throwing at you to to come up with the technical justification that the cost is not worth it. This pre-supposes a good knowledge of an integrated GIS portal solutions especially as applicable in the extractive industry. If you can show that justification, then it's going to be education to us all.

BUT.........

Your first gaffe is calling it a "website"......... secondly saying "visiting the website" will give you the impression of the cost...to me shows you are total ignorant in this regard.

I worked in the IT field for the first 9yrs of my life, I was involved with and led enterprise project implementation. We invested over $1.6m on ERP for a single organisation..... so when "you people" call it "website", I laugh at your ignorance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by tonyimadu: 10:53am On Nov 10, 2017
please what is the address of this site. let's check it out
Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 10, 2017
ibkayee:

Wouldn't know, only done it as a pastime/practice. Sounds like a lot though
Ohh thought u could build, I was thinking even half of that figure would be too much plus we have ICT professionals in the employ of government
Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by greenek: 10:54am On Nov 10, 2017
mapet:

@ivandragon ,

I think the challenge @Throwback is innately throwing at you to to come up with the technical justification that the cost is not worth it. This pre-supposes a good knowledge of an integrated GIS portal solutions especially as applicable in the extractive industry. If you can show that justification, then it's going to be education to us all.

BUT.........

Your first gaffe is calling it a "website"......... secondly saying "visiting the website" will give you the impression of the cost...to me shows you are total ignorant in this regard.

I worked in the IT field for the first 9yrs of my life, I was involved with and led enterprise project implementation. We invested over $1.6m on ERP for a single organisation..... so when "you people" call it "website", I laugh at your ignorance

why somebody would misquote you for this post.

when using technical terms, try to put your correspondent in view, ask yourself questions and be very logical..
whats ERP?
you can help us to properly buttress what this is. its not a website, then what is it
what makes it justify the cost
someone earlier gave a little breakdown, 200mil to design, maintain and train for 2yrs, your $1.6m is for what?
Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by Throwback: 10:58am On Nov 10, 2017
mapet:

@ivandragon ,

BUT.........

Baba you came late ooo. We needed technical experts like yourself to provide objective argument from a technical standpoint that we all can even learn from, rather than the beer parlour argument over cost just because it sounds like a huge amount.

People like Ivandragon will continue to thrive only in the midst of ignoramuses who even question why a graduate hire should be earning N1m/month when he/she is not the MD/CEO.
Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by ibkayee(f): 11:01am On Nov 10, 2017
ChiefPiiko:
Ohh thought u could build, I was thinking even half of that figure would be too much plus we have ICT professionals in the employ of government
I can, just never been paid, not really my line of work I only do it as a hobby
Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by Throwback: 11:01am On Nov 10, 2017
EKPETI:
This question is to be answered by ICT expert.

Is there a website that can be build for $2m?

Yes there is.

Even the USA government built one for over $9m.
Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 10, 2017
ibkayee:

I can, just never been paid, not really my line of work I only do it as a hobby
that's nice, thumbs up I thought something else was ur hobby cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by nwatthu(m): 11:03am On Nov 10, 2017
Are u launching your own satelite? The kind of amounts this government people announce for things they do is an insult to tthe intelligence of peolple, the worst thing is that aomeone in Nigeria or zniberian in Diaspora can do this but as usual they will give it to a xompany abroad with hard currency and pad the expenses as usual, imbeciles.
Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by obailala(m): 11:06am On Nov 10, 2017
ivandragon:

hmm...

what is the essence of due process if someone can just make approvals?

do you know that the tenders board that Baru is hiding under cannot approve contracts above $20m? & that is even subject to conditions to avoid contract splitting which is what the former NPA chairman went to jail for...?

do you know that even pmb has a limit to which he can give executive approval for?

a contract(s) of that sum can only be approved by the FEC, so which FEC meeting was the approval given?

if pmb gave executive approval, when was this given & where are the supporting documents to support that?
I do not understand the critical details of the case, but what I do know is that this very argument of yours pertaining to 'contracting procedures' was clarified and the entire case put aside following the clarification that 'it was not a contract.'
Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by cstr1000: 11:11am On Nov 10, 2017
Even the pentagon will not spend that whole amount on a single website.

Btw, Nigeria has no patriots on this forum. That much is true.
Look at the niwit supporting corruption because it is done by a Yoruba man under a government with a Yoruba VP.
I pity the gullible people on this forum that take you people serious .

1 Like

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by cstr1000: 11:15am On Nov 10, 2017
obailala:
I do not understand the critical details of the case, but what I do know is that this very argument of yours pertaining to 'contracting procedures' was clarified and the entire case put aside following the clarification that 'it was not a contract.'
what do you have to say about 700 million used for website that is not for military or defense purposes.?
We are talking about a ministry with zero functionality right now.

Atleast you are not Yoruba from your claims online. Your objectivity should be still be alive somewhat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Defection: Federal Lawmaker, Ogbe, 2000 Others Dump APC For PDP / Sodomy: Two Men Reportedly Rape 65-Year-Old Man To Coma In Ondo / NNPC To Discontinue Crude Swap, Targets Cash Payments For Petrol Imports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.