Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal (21450 Views)

Ize-Iyamu To Appear In Court Today Over N700 Million Fraud / Uche Ogah Resumes Duty At Mines And Steel Ministry(photos) / Happy Birthday To Hon. Minister Of Mines And Steel Devpt (dr. John Kayode Fayem) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by swtdrms(m): 7:24pm On Nov 10, 2017
clevadani:

It's nice knowing you're a programmer. You should be careful with how you talk to people online, because you have no idea who you're talking to.
10k website? That's laughable.

Thank you Mr Oga, I already have a good idea of the caliber of people am talking to. When i see someone who isn't expose but thinks he's seen it all, I can easily tell from the person's disposition. Besides, we need to start enlightening people that its not always "just a website".

During the era of fashola's Website saga, many people believe WordPress site can never worth 78m, "programmers" inclusive. These are some of the impressions we all need to work on and correct.

NB, I am not in anyway defending fashola building a website for 78m. All I am saying is we need to stop being myopic in our outlook. That's how I'll bill somebody 20m for a job to be done and he'll start telling me just a website? And these local developer will come over telling the client "that guy is a thief, I will do it for less than a million" which will eventually be done and turn out to be a failed project.

Serious projects require serious resources. The AGIS project I talked about was developed and managed by German company before it was been handed over to Nigerians. For how long do we continue to be unfit for high end projects?

That was the way someone the other time was claiming to be tech guru classifying facebook not be a tech company. Such a person will as well tell you facebook is just a website and shouldn't worth more than 10m naira.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by Splashme: 7:39pm On Nov 10, 2017
ivandragon:

keep quite & stop being an ignoramus...

have you visited the website to see if it justifies that amount?

have you forgotten that there was an uproar when this amount was said to have been budgeted for website in 2016? so why won't it boldly come out to say so when it had been padded ab initio... same way the $25b NNPC will be defended by the likes of you when they tell Nigerians that they have executed $25b in thin air...

you just keep jumping up & down to defend rubbish simply because it is your preferred thieves doing the looting...

You've said it all
Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by clevadani: 8:43pm On Nov 10, 2017
swtdrms:

Thank you Mr Oga, I already have a good idea of the caliber of people am talking to. When i see someone who isn't expose but thinks he's seen it all, I can easily tell from the person's disposition. Besides, we need to start enlightening people that its not always "just a website".

During the era of fashola's Website saga, many people believe WordPress site can never worth 78m, "programmers" inclusive. These are some of the impressions we all need to work on and correct.

NB, I am not in anyway defending fashola building a website for 78m. All I am saying is we need to stop being myopic in our outlook. That's how I'll bill somebody 20m for a job to be done and he'll start telling me just a website? And these local developer will come over telling the client "that guy is a thief, I will do it for less than a million" which will eventually be done and turn out to be a failed project.

Serious projects require serious resources. The AGIS project I talked about was developed and managed by German company before it was been handed over to Nigerians. For how long do we continue to be unfit for high end projects?

That was the way someone the other time was claiming to be tech guru classifying facebook not be a tech company. Such a person will as well tell you facebook is just a website and shouldn't worth more than 10m naira.
I get your point, but still there's no point denigrating others just in order to get your point across. You have no idea who you'd meet online.
When I say I am a fullstack web developer, I don't mean html and css. I am fully comfortable with the MEAN and MERN stack and I just started taking courses in machine learning. I learned programming on my own and I know how difficult it is and the value of the industry especially in Nigeria. I have been working on a software for the past four months, and I have a deep knowledge of softwares.
After reading your comments in the morning, I went to download two GIS pdfs because I wanted to know what it's all about. And I realized it is still software at the end even if it is highly complicated. I also realized that all the features can be implemented if the project is given to a competent company.
Fashola's website project was just another outrageous project. I know websites and webapps are not cheap, but we should be sincere and not turn blind eye when our government is being wasteful with our resources.
Stop being angry incompetent developers are taking jobs from you. Just like you said, they fail 9 times out of 10 and the client will still crawl back to you.
Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by ivandragon: 6:10am On Nov 11, 2017
Cromagnon:
wherever your bread is buttered. It's not like your ranting will recover the money.

neither will your dumb attitude...
Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by Cromagnon: 6:22am On Nov 11, 2017
ivandragon:

neither will your dumb attitude...
so telling you the truth is dumb. I can see how undumb you are. Mumu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by ivandragon: 9:18am On Nov 11, 2017
Cromagnon:
so telling you the truth is dumb. I can see how undumb you are. Mumu

so why are you also upset that you were told the truth?

you rather keep quiet (play dumb) when your leaders shortchange you...

well, I guess you can't comprehend...
Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by swtdrms(m): 10:00am On Nov 11, 2017
clevadani:

I get your point, but still there's no point denigrating others just in order to get your point across. You have no idea who you'd meet online.
When I say I am a fullstack web developer, I don't mean html and css. I am fully comfortable with the MEAN and MERN stack and I just started taking courses in machine learning. I learned programming on my own and I know how difficult it is and the value of the industry especially in Nigeria. I have been working on a software for the past four months, and I have a deep knowledge of softwares.
After reading your comments in the morning, I went to download two GIS pdfs because I wanted to know what it's all about. And I realized it is still software at the end even if it is highly complicated. I also realized that all the features can be implemented if the project is given to a competent company.
Fashola's website project was just another outrageous project. I know websites and webapps are not cheap, but we should be sincere and not turn blind eye when our government is being wasteful with our resources.
Stop being angry incompetent developers are taking jobs from you. Just like you said, they fail 9 times out of 10 and the client will still crawl back to you.

Sorry for being too angry. Now I understand you better. We'll all get there together by God's grace. We all started from little beginning, nice to how far you have gone and how you are progressing.

Ofcourse GIS applications are basically softwares developed by other developers or companies, but its most times comprehensive and complicated. The version we are using on the application I talked about has the server version, desktop version which are to be incorporated together based on your need. The basic server version cost 20m, while desktop version cost 5m. You could need up to 20 different desktop version for different desktop computers. These are basic software's without other addons and extension. These software's are the containers with which you develop your applications upon.

Like you rightly said, we can have a team of developers to come up with a GIS application, which still boil down to cost. Such cost will surely be in multiple of buying one.

Like I said initially, for projects to be successful, the cost has to be right. And such cost is usually huge.

In summary, same type of project must not necessarily have the same cost, cost depends heavily the expertise, exposure and tools to be used which are justifiable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by mapet: 10:51am On Nov 11, 2017
nuttyhnic:

When you are behind your keyboard, one can confidently make ignorant comments, do you even know me, or what I do and people I've worked with? Did you even bother to ask what I might define as an advanced web application?

I'm yet to go through the website fully but I can see its not even mobile responsive. For a 700million naira website? Save yourself the shame even if you were part of the project but this is the internet, you can speak the truth anonymously

I don't need to know you or what you do. If you really have experience in enterprise solutions of this magnitude, it will be demonstrated in your comments.

You are yet to go through but you can see is not mobile responsive is your basis of appraisal? Some of you need to lay off what you have little or no knowledge of.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by Keballl: 6:17pm On Nov 11, 2017
mapet:

I don't need to know you or what you do. If you really have experience in enterprise solutions of this magnitude, it will be demonstrated in your comments.

You are yet to go through but you can see is not mobile responsive is your basis of appraisal? Some of you need to lay off what you have little or no knowledge of.

Your attempt to defend this fraud is dead on arrival.

Get out of here.
Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by mapet: 7:40pm On Nov 11, 2017
Keballl:

Your attempt to defend this fraud is dead on arrival.

Get out of here.

Except you can show me in a analytical detai how it is fraud.......but...... if it's the "why N700m?" argument, then we can both agree not to waste each other's time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by Keballl: 7:43pm On Nov 11, 2017
mapet:

Except you can show me in a analytical detai how it is fraud.......but...... if it's the "why N700m?" argument, then we can both agree not to waste each other's time

Analytical details of what? Don't you have shame? embarassed
Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by mapet: 7:57pm On Nov 11, 2017
Keballl:

Analytical details of what? Don't you have shame? embarassed

I have something better - a functioning brain. Do you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by Keballl: 10:13pm On Nov 11, 2017
mapet:

I have something better - a functioning brain. Do you?

If you did, you won't be here fooling around. So you don't have a functioning brain.
Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by Cromagnon: 4:45pm On Nov 12, 2017
ivandragon:

so why are you also upset that you were told the truth?

you rather keep quiet (play dumb) when your leaders shortchange you...

well, I guess you can't comprehend...
well since you don't have home training I had to give you some
Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by Ray1251(m): 4:53pm On Nov 12, 2017
Throwback:

Illiterates should only speak on basic topics that can be argued at a beer parlour.

Spending $2m on a portal depending on what the complexities of it are and what level of integrated database is required, is not a child's play.

The ministry has itself revealed this information freely to the public, to prevent the likes of you from making a mockery of serious business initiatives as some scandal that has been exposed.
No matter how complex a portal is $2m is a big no.
Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by ivandragon: 5:07pm On Nov 12, 2017
Cromagnon:
well since you don't have home training I had to give you some

are you some kind of pest?

have you seen the rejoinder by the ministry trying to justify the amount?

doesn't that tell you that when Nigerians are bold enough to question their leaders, such leaders can be forced to provide clarifications that can help the masses track spending, value & generally keep the government on its toes?

I guess you are one of those benefiting from corruption, hence you rather people keep quiet...

well, we can't all be dumb like you...
Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by Cromagnon: 6:25am On Nov 13, 2017
ivandragon:

are you some kind of pest?

have you seen the rejoinder by the ministry trying to justify the amount?

doesn't that tell you that when Nigerians are bold enough to question their leaders, such leaders can be forced to provide clarifications that can help the masses track spending, value & generally keep the government on its toes?

I guess you are one of those benefiting from corruption, hence you rather people keep quiet...

well, we can't all be dumb like you...
you are the pest

Doesn't matter
They will steal what they will steal
You prolly not registered to vote or too scared to defend your vote or worse not even bothered so shut it
Noise making won't solve the problem

I really wish I benefited from the corruption
I wouldn't have your time
Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by ivandragon: 6:55am On Nov 13, 2017
Cromagnon:
you are the pest

Doesn't matter
They will steal what they will steal
You prolly not registered to vote or too scared to defend your vote or worse not even bothered so shut it
Noise making won't solve the problem

I really wish I benefited from the corruption
I wouldn't have your time

what a pity...

I can see you are just a frustrated lout...

do not worry, things will get better.
Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by Cromagnon: 6:57am On Nov 13, 2017
ivandragon:

what a pity...

I can see you are just a frustrated lout...

do not worry, things will get better.
o they are better
You're still ranting
I stopped that almost 7 years ago
Guess you're the frustrated one. Sorry
Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by ivandragon: 7:30am On Nov 13, 2017
Cromagnon:
o they are better You're still ranting I stopped that almost 7 years ago Guess you're the frustrated one. Sorry

quitter...
no wonder you are miserable...
Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by Cromagnon: 1:46pm On Nov 13, 2017
ivandragon:

quitter...

no wonder you are miserable...
quit ranting

Moved on to actually fixing the problem.
Guess you're still in denial stage.
Don't worry
You'll get there
You're still young
Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by ivandragon: 1:49pm On Nov 13, 2017
Cromagnon:
quit ranting

Moved on to actually fixing the problem.
Guess you're still in denial stage.
Don't worry
You'll get there
You're still young

you are the one with no direction.

age is nothing but a number, but you are most certainly a child who still feeds off his/her folks, relatives etc...
Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by Cromagnon: 2:03pm On Nov 13, 2017
ivandragon:

you are the one with no direction.

age is nothing but a number, but you are most certainly a child who still feeds off his/her folks, relatives etc...

4 fingers pointing back at you.
We all know who is still feeding from their parents.
tell me
What has your Social justice warriorIng achieved
Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by ivandragon: 3:42pm On Nov 13, 2017
Cromagnon:
4 fingers pointing back at you.
We all know who is still feeding from their parents.
tell me
What has your Social justice warriorIng achieved

you are too myopic to see that governments are becoming more accountable & responsive to the people when there is an outcry.

but like I said, you are too myopic to see beyond your nose...
Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by monex(m): 2:48pm On Nov 14, 2017
Throwback:

Bros you still dey this matter? That N500k you see there is what OND operators will earn in ExxonMobil. Infact with bulk upfront payment, I can guarantee you OND operators in Eket will probably earn over N12m per annum.

Let me tell you a true narrative that might help you to disregard all those fictional and conservative salary data you have been researching.

Whenever I go to glass door to enquire about some type of pay, you get some feedback. Any attempt to go further will require you to put in your own pay package as a way to continue to build their database of records.

At this point, I always turn back, rather than enter my own pay information. Many in my industry are like me, some will even tender any false amount they can think of. Many will never even dissuade you from the false information that you have as fallacy mistaken for fact.

Any graduate engineer in any of the oil majors earn more than N1m per month when you look at the total earning for a whole year and divide by 12months.

If someone tells you he earns N800k per month but has already received a separate bulk pay of over N10m for the year, is that not over N1.5m per month?

Now I am telling you that some will earn that N1.5m minus bulk pay and they have never been promoted and got in as trainee engineers with some of the IOCs.

It is left for you to believe or not. Nobody will show you their payslip. Even husbands and wives hide such from each other.

Now leaving the entry level, do you know some people earn over $2000 dollars per day working as senior field consultants in deepwater operations for some of the IOCs on 28days rotation, so they only work every other month that equals 6months out of 12 months. Every amount or scenario I have ever given, are of people I know. Do you know that some Nigerians working offshore are not even resident in Nigeria, rather they fly into Nigeria for their 28days rotation and fly back to their family in US, Canada or Europe for the next 28days?

Many will never reveal what I have revealed, I also intend to reveal no more than this.

you have revealed way too much info already to be honest

1 Like

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by monex(m): 2:51pm On Nov 14, 2017
mapet:

.....and you question a N700m investment for a scale of what will serve a country?
https://portal.minesandsteel.gov.ng/
Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by monex(m): 2:55pm On Nov 14, 2017
Throwback:

Hahahahaha!

See the way he mentioned hosting as if na Craig David website or Westlife website.

the link http://www.minesandsteel.gov.ng/ published shows a basic site which should not be worth more than 20 million naira

the portal is https://portal.minesandsteel.gov.ng/ and is worth 500m if this includes the maintenance, infrastructure, data migration and other project activities. Heck the site includes GIS mapping for our minerals.

the ministry has clarified here http://www.minesandsteel.gov.ng/2017/11/12/we-invested-n700m-on-it-infrastructure-human-capital-and-civil-works-not-website/

1 Like

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by Cromagnon: 1:12am On Nov 15, 2017
ivandragon:

you are too myopic to see that governments are becoming more accountable & responsive to the people when there is an outcry.

but like I said, you are too myopic to see beyond your nose...
except when it comes to football and 2015 election, please point to 1 example of the responsiveness
Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 22, 2017
monex:

the link http://www.minesandsteel.gov.ng/ published shows a basic site which should not be worth more than 20 million naira

the portal is https://portal.minesandsteel.gov.ng/ and is worth 500m if this includes the maintenance, infrastructure, data migration and other project activities. Heck the site includes GIS mapping for our minerals.

the ministry has clarified here http://www.minesandsteel.gov.ng/2017/11/12/we-invested-n700m-on-it-infrastructure-human-capital-and-civil-works-not-website/
Thank you very much.
Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by dawtune(m): 10:10am On Aug 17, 2018
dawtune:
Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by pwda: 12:44pm On Oct 24, 2018
Exactly, http://www.minesandsteel.gov.ng/ when I see the site it should not cost more than 20 million naira. When I see the post https://www.prowebdesign.agency/blog/small-business-website-cost/ this pricing range seems okay.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tinubu Considers Abdu Aboki As ICPC Chairman - Premium Times / President Buhari At The Special Jumat Prayers To Celebrate The Army Week. Photos / Release Nnamdi Kanu Now, Ekweremadu Tells FG, Says He Has No Problem With Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.