Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal (21452 Views)

Ize-Iyamu To Appear In Court Today Over N700 Million Fraud / Uche Ogah Resumes Duty At Mines And Steel Ministry(photos) / Happy Birthday To Hon. Minister Of Mines And Steel Devpt (dr. John Kayode Fayem) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by greenek: 11:16am On Nov 10, 2017
Throwback:

Baba you came late ooo. We needed technical experts like yourself to provide objective argument from a technical standpoint that we all can even learn from, rather than the beer parlour argument over cost just because it sounds like a huge amount.

People like Ivandragon will continue to thrive only in the midst of ignoramuses who even question why a graduate hire should be earning N1m/month when he/she is not the MD/CEO.

I really thought you could argue brilliantly, i asked for proof, you didnt provide any, you cant even provide a google search page that corroborate you standpoint. other than the total, exxon and shell that pays a little above 500k, others pays between 200k-400k for a GT.
'only in the midst of ignoramuses who even question why a graduate hire should be earning N1m/month when he/she is not the MD/CEO' this is just a wrong conclusion, it speaks alot about your character

1 Like

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by Throwback: 11:19am On Nov 10, 2017
cstr1000:
Even the pentagon will not spend that whole amount on a single website.

Btw, Nigeria has no patriots on this forum. That much is true.
Look at the niwit supporting corruption because it is done by a Yoruba man under a government with a Yoruba VP.
I pity the gullible people on this forum that take you people serious .

But the US government spent over $9m on a portal that wasn't defence related also.

Since you are trying to falsely imply that only a defence portal should be expensive.

Maybe the itunes website is also for defence yet it gulps millions of dollars yearly to manage?

Another emotional Igbo man weeping as cursed to do and already bringing his bigotry into a debate of over 4pages yet no contributor had alluded to tribe until we had the misfortune of your vomit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by Keballl: 11:21am On Nov 10, 2017
obailala:
Stop daft criticism! The details of that very case was made very clear and the case closed. There are numerous meaningful things that can be criticised, quit dwelling on nonsense criticism and thinking you are being sensible/objective.

What details? Not everyone is as daft as zombies. Folks like you love defending nonsense. Where is your scathing criticism of the current scandal this thread suggest?

Sure, you are waiting for the Presidency to release a flimsy explanation while you run along with it claiming "The details of that very case was made very clear and the case closed"

1 Like

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by Throwback: 11:26am On Nov 10, 2017
greenek:

I really thought you could argue brilliantly, i asked for proof, you didnt provide any, you cant even provide a google search page that corroborate you standpoint. other than the total, exxon and shell that pays a little above 500k, others pays between 200k-400k for a GT.
'only in the midst of ignoramuses who even question why a graduate hire should be earning N1m/month when he/she is not the MD/CEO' this is just a wrong conclusion, it speaks alot about your character

Dude, stop arguing with an industry stakeholder.

I do not need an estimated salary scale document to tell you what I earn as salary or what other colleagues of mine earn.

Only outsiders will be arguing with a salary scale document that does not in anyway reflect the reality of our pay check.

Stop arguing like a fool, please I beg you.

I repeat that even HND Engineering graduates working with the top IOC's earn over a million naira monthly. Your estimates only come close with the service firms but when you can earn bonuses of over $250/day being at the wellsite, you end up with even N2m monthly from just field bonus that surpasses your monthly base salary.

There was a time when entry level bachelor engineers earned N1.5m/month at ExxonMobil.

That era of austerity has since passed. Yes I called that era AUSTERITY.

And I repeat my claim that a dude with HND got into one of those 3 firms you mentioned, and had an annual paycheck of over N30m per annum as a trainee who had to undergo more training in France.

Many dudes with HND working for NLNG would see your estimates and just laugh at your ignorance.

However, the less an outsider knows, the better for the food chain structure of the society.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by VULCAN(m): 11:31am On Nov 10, 2017
The two major defenders of this fraud are obviously staunch APC members who are benefiting from the supernatural levels of fraud currently ongoing.

Having visited the "website" (and unlike what was said by a fellow who hasn't even visited - it actually is a website just that it has a link to a purported "portal"wink its just a basic job which although nice looking has nothing special going for it.

Based on what I have seen so far my web master can reproduce this for much less than a million. Whenever I see screenshots of the "portal" I can update my cost estimate as its supposedly behind a login link.

Konga, Jumia and Gtb websites are light years more advanced than this job so I expect that those websites will have cost at least $30m dollars each to build.

One of the corrupt posters is comparing this dry site to some US websites that receive tens of thousands to millions of hits daily.

As an aside anybody who knows anything about mining in the middle belt knows that it is a closed loop of powerful Northerners and traditional rulers that run it below the grid so this "portal" is DOA.

Fayemi is just treading water as the status quo in mining remains the same. He is inconsequential in the scheme of things so this is just a contract to share money amongst the loyal boys.

cstr1000:
Even the pentagon will not spend that whole amount on a single website.

Btw, Nigeria has no patriots on this forum. That much is true.
Look at the niwit supporting corruption because it is done by a Yoruba man under a government with a Yoruba VP.
I pity the gullible people on this forum that take you people serious .

1 Like

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by obailala(m): 11:35am On Nov 10, 2017
cstr1000:

what do you have to say about 700 million used for website that is not for military or defense purposes.?
We are talking about a ministry with zero functionality right now.

Atleast you are not Yoruba from your claims online. Your objectivity should be still be alive somewhat.
First of all, your needless reference to tribe in this case makes you sound very very silly. Its a pain having to accept that Nigerian youths have degenerated to this senseless level tribal foolishness.

Then regarding the 700 million website or portal or whatever it is, I think that is extremely expensive and an over inflated scam; none of the explanations given make any sense so far.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by ivandragon: 11:36am On Nov 10, 2017
mapet:

@ivandragon ,

I think the challenge @Throwback is innately throwing at you to to come up with the technical justification that the cost is not worth it. This pre-supposes a good knowledge of an integrated GIS portal solutions especially as applicable in the extractive industry. If you can show that justification, then it's going to be education to us all.

BUT.........

Your first gaffe is calling it a "website"......... secondly saying "visiting the website" will give you the impression of the cost...to me shows you are total ignorant in this regard.

I worked in the IT field for the first 9yrs of my life, I was involved with and led enterprise project implementation. We invested over $1.6m on ERP for a single organisation..... so when "you people" call it "website", I laugh at your ignorance

yawns...

visit the website/portal whatever you wish to call it & tell me if it justifies the amount claimed to have been expended.

you chaps just make noise & beat your chest on the dumbest things...

yourself & the noisemaker called throwback who is fastest becoming a retarded defender of corruption, need to just shut it...

you all feel its worth 700m? fine... whatever makes you chaps happy...

1 Like

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by Nobody: 11:36am On Nov 10, 2017
ahn ahn 700million naira to develop a portal? is it a time travel portal? these guys are lying to us when its not that they created a super computer

1 Like

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by greenek: 11:39am On Nov 10, 2017
Throwback:

Dude, stop arguing with an industry stakeholder.

I do not need an estimated salary scale document to tell you what I earn as salary or what other colleagues of mine earn.

Only outsiders will be arguing with a salary scale document that does not in anyway reflect the reality of our pay check.

Stop arguing like a fool, please I beg you.

I repeat that even HND Engineering graduates working with the top IOC's earn over a million naira monthly.

There was a time when entry level bachelor engineers earned N1.5m/month at ExxonMobil.

That era of austerity has since passed. Yes I called that era AUSTERITY.

i wont argue with you anymore mr stakeholder

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by obailala(m): 11:41am On Nov 10, 2017
Keballl:

What details? Not everyone is as daft as zombies. Folks like you love defending nonsense. Where is your scathing criticism of the current scandal this thread suggest?

Sure, you are waiting for the Presidency to release a flimsy explanation while you run along with it claiming "The details of that very case was made very clear and the case closed"

Like I said before, quit daft criticism. There are numerous reasonable things you can criticise, e.g. the cost of the portal which is just before you in this thread; but you choose to dwell on nonsense. Sinking your life in senseless criticism (just for the sake of it) doesnt make you any different from the brainless zombies you keep referring to.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by Keballl: 11:47am On Nov 10, 2017
obailala:
Like I said before, quit daft criticism. There are numerous reasonable things you can criticise, e.g. the cost of the portal which is just before you in this thread; but you choose to dwell on nonsense. Sinking your life in senseless criticism (just for the sake of it) doesnt make you any different from the brainless zombies you keep referring to.

Where is your scathing criticism Zombie? Or you are simply waiting for a flimsy explanation to regale us with further nonsense.

If you can defend a $25 billion naira fraud, then defending N700 million fraudulent claim should be very easy.

Get out of here.

3 Likes

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by ivandragon: 11:49am On Nov 10, 2017
Throwback:

Baba you came late ooo. We needed technical experts like yourself to provide objective argument from a technical standpoint that we all can even learn from, rather than the beer parlour argument over cost just because it sounds like a huge amount.

People like Ivandragon will continue to thrive only in the midst of ignoramuses who even question why a graduate hire should be earning N1m/month when he/she is not the MD/CEO.

you are just too full of turd...

what is my business with a person who earns whatever in an oil company?

you chaps just open your mouths & yap, brag & throw tantrums.

you are here defending a website whose links are truncated...

have you even visited it? you are talking of servers & other ICT facilities when people have built ICT centres with domain names for less than 400m...

1 Like

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 10, 2017
It is justifiable since it is a portal. Here is how this could have been spent if not more.

If you have a team of experts both local and international guys on a project - say 20 tech gigs billing about $200 dollars per day (including accommodation and feeding) for 12 months (365 days), the following will be the cost break down for Human Resources alone:
1. $200 x 20 = $4000 per day
2. $4000 x 365 = $ 1,460,000 per year.
3. $1,460,000 x N364 =N 531,440,000.

Looking at the foregoing, you can see how easily N700,000,000 could have been spent.

Note I have not even factored IT physical infrastructure that will be put together and the cost of secondary Tech Human Resources that will support the Core Tech Team.

If we really need Nigeria to move forward, we need to be very objective as regards to the requirement for building a strong institution in Nigeria. It is not a walk through the park.

Maliciously, the stated figure can be used by opposition but we all must be guided. That said, APC was always in the business of being malicious with big figures when PDP held sway.

Projects that can help deepen the robustness of all sectors should be welcomed beyond the President’s shortcoming in showing Nigerians across regions that he is their President.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by swtdrms(m): 12:05pm On Nov 10, 2017
clevadani:

That's bs. I am a fullstack developer and that amount is outrageous no matter the complexities involved in the development of the portal.

I am also a supporter of this current govt, but let's stop deceiving ourselves and say the truth at all times. Only then can we progress as a nation.

You being a full stack developer doesn't put you in the know how of GIS. I am as well a programmer who has been working on a GIS application over the last six months, so I know better. GIS is no child's play I indeed well executed. There are many aspects to it. The company I work for is in the process of proposing a GIS application for DISCOs which should cost over a billion Naira to execute. So keep shut when you know nothing about a particular field.
The AGIS (Abuja Geographic Information Systems) which El-Rufai brought up when he was the minister was a huge project with huge cost as well, Today, it services justifies it cost, as we are all enjoying it's dividends.

I am not in anyway defending this ministry, I am only trying to educate you, letting you know that GIS isn't like the 10k website you are developing upandan calling yourself a full stack developer.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by chronique(m): 12:06pm On Nov 10, 2017
elefind:
Checkout the Website it looks like blogs design with WordPress. www.minesandsteel.gov.ng

Is this what they spent 700m to build? If yes, anybody supporting this has got to be a compound fool.
Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by swtdrms(m): 12:08pm On Nov 10, 2017
MIPNIG:
It is justifiable since it is a portal. Here is how this could have been spent if not more.

If you have a team of experts both local and international guys on a project - say 20 tech gigs billing about $200 dollars per day (including accommodation and feeding) for 12 months (365 days), the following will be the cost break down for Human Resources alone:
1. $200 x 20 = $4000 per day
2. $4000 x 365 = $ 1,460,000 per year.
3. $1,460,000 x N364 =N 531,440,000.

Looking at the foregoing, you can see how easily N700,000,000 could have been spent.

Note I have not even factored IT physical infrastructure that will be put together and the cost of secondary Tech Human Resources that will support the Core Tech Team.

If we really need Nigeria to move forward, we need to be very objective as regards to the requirement for building a strong institution in Nigeria. It is not a walk through the park.

Maliciously, the stated figure can be used by opposition but we all must be guided. That said, APC was always in the business of being malicious with big figures when PDP held sway.

Projects that can help deepen the robustness of all sectors should be welcomed beyond the Presidents shortcoming in showing Nigerians across regions that he is their President.

Thanks alot. You are one of the few youths with something tangible upstairs. Majority of the youths I'm always in contact with are empty headed claiming to be professors.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 10, 2017
chronique:

Is this what they spent 700m to build? If yes, anybody supporting this has got to be a compound fool.

You just exuded ignorance at the highest order. You just shared an information site. It is not same as a portal, though a portal can be linked from what you just shared.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by GaniuKazeeem(m): 12:11pm On Nov 10, 2017
700million on a website for a ministry dat hasn't done Jack in improving its plight is a 100 steps in d wrong direction.. There are a whole lot bedeviling d ministry than what their website shld look like. Dat sector has been comatose for years now and U and I know dat. Let's call a spade a spade.

1 Like

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by Throwback: 12:14pm On Nov 10, 2017
ivandragon:

you are just too full of turd...

what is my business with a person who earns whatever in an oil company?

you chaps just open your mouths & yap, brag & throw tantrums.

you are here defending a website whose links are truncated...

have you even visited it? you are talking of servers & other ICT facilities when people have built ICT centres with domain names for less than 400m...

That you even acknowledge that a website could be as much as N400m will make the lesser members of your mob crucify you.

You have only proved yourself to be conversant with what is obtainable and possible, yet you have allowed your partisanship to poison your thoughts and you have succeeded in poisoning the minds of the naive.

I congratulate you for your negative efforts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by chronique(m): 12:14pm On Nov 10, 2017
MIPNIG:

You just exuded ignorance at the highest order. You just shared an information site. It is not same as a portal, though a portal can be linked from what you just shared.

I didn't share that. Someone posted that. If you have link to the portal, let's have it and look at it.

1 Like

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 10, 2017
swtdrms:

Thanks alot. You are one of the few youths with something tangible upstairs. Majority of the youths I'm always in contact with are empty headed claiming to be professors.

If only Nigerians can have a “NIGERIA FIRST” mentality a lot would have been achieved. Sadly what we have are misguided youths whose narratives are not beyond party appendages, religious and regional views.

This sad approach leaves Nigeria to suffer. That said, I am very optimistic about Nigeria beyond the missteps of our leaders (religious,regional and national leaders). A bunch of clueless failures who will rather fixate on stealing what ought to be used to build a sound foundation for a strong nation.

We will get there someday.
Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by cstr1000: 12:16pm On Nov 10, 2017
obailala:
First of all, your needless reference to tribe in this case makes you sound very very silly. Its a pain having to accept that Nigerian youths have degenerated to this senseless level tribal foolishness.

Then regarding the 700 million website or portal or whatever it is, I think that is extremely expensive and an over inflated scam; none of the explanations given make any sense so far.
It is not silly.
What could possibly possess a man to defend a 700 million naira scam if not tribal affiliation?
it is not like he is part of the government to create the bias. The only obvious connection is tribe.

1 Like

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by obailala(m): 12:19pm On Nov 10, 2017
Keballl:

Where is your scathing criticism Zombie? Or you are simply waiting for a flimsy explanation to regale us with further nonsense.

If you can defend a $25 billion naira fraud, then defending N700 million fraudulent claim should be very easy.

Get out of here.
No further words for a dumbass.. bye!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by obailala(m): 12:20pm On Nov 10, 2017
cstr1000:

It is not silly.
What could possibly possess a man to defend a 700 million naira scam if not tribal affiliation?
it is not like he is part of the government to create the bias. The only obvious connection is tribe.
There's everything silly about it. Go deliver yourself from this tribal affliction before it completely consumes what's left of your mind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by cstr1000: 12:21pm On Nov 10, 2017
Throwback:

[b]But the US government spent over $9m on a portal that wasn't defence related also.

[/b]Since you are trying to falsely imply that only a defence portal should be expensive.

Maybe the itunes website is also for defence yet it gulps millions of dollars yearly to manage?

Another emotional Igbo man weeping as cursed to do and already bringing his bigotry into a debate of over 4pages yet no contributor had alluded to tribe until we had the misfortune of your vomit.
9 million dollars relative to the US is nothing.It is their currency afterall . It is like 9 million naira relative to Nigeria, give or take.
When you account the cost of labour in America, 9 million is chicken feed.
Comparing it to third world imoprting nation like Nigeria is sad.

1 Like

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by ivandragon: 12:21pm On Nov 10, 2017
Throwback:

That you even acknowledge that a website could be as much as N400m will make the lesser members of your mob crucify you.

You have only proved yourself to be conversant with what is obtainable and possible, yet you have allowed your partisanship to poison your thoughts and you have succeeded in poisoning the minds of the naive.

I congratulate you for your negative efforts.

do you even read?

or do you just select what appeals to your twisted reasoning & spew your vile opinions?

so an ICT centre is now a website?

1 Like

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by cstr1000: 12:23pm On Nov 10, 2017
And the US Have to account for special firewalls against cyber invasion by superpowers like china and Russia.
Does Nigeria have the same constraints?

1 Like

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by cstr1000: 12:24pm On Nov 10, 2017
obailala:
There's everything silly about it. Go deliver yourself from this tribal affliction before it completely consumes what's left of your mind.
You still have not showed me why it is silly.
We are talking about Nigeria here, not utopia. I may not be tribal, but I can't stop my neighbour from being tribal.

1 Like

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 10, 2017
Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by Throwback: 12:29pm On Nov 10, 2017
cstr1000:

9 million dollars relative to the US is nothing.It is their currency afterall . It is like 9 million naira relative to Nigeria, give or take.
When you account the cost of labour in America, 9 million is chicken feed.
Comparing it to third world imoprting nation like Nigeria is sad.

Goal-post don shift.

Hahahahahaha!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by Keballl: 12:31pm On Nov 10, 2017
obailala:

No further words for a dumbass.. bye!

What else can a fraud do than flee when exposed.

1 Like

Re: Ministry Of Mines And Steel Spends N700 Million To Develop Portal by cstr1000: 12:31pm On Nov 10, 2017
Throwback:

Goal-post don shift.

Hahahahahaha!
How has it shifted, you bigot.
How is 9 million dollars by the US govt comparable to 700 million by Nigeria?
Did the US spend 700 million dollars on a single website?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Arrives Rivers State For The Commissioning Of Omademe-ipo Road / Court Orders Forfeiture Of Kola Aluko’s $73m, N350m Properties / Osun Kicks Off N300m Hydro-power Project.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.