Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,651 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

How To Make Snail Pepper Soup - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Snail Pepper Soup (19764 Views)

See The 5k Assorted Meat I Bought And The Pepper Soup I Made With It. / Jubilation As Villagers Kill A Huge Python, Set To Prepare Pepper Soup(photos) / Slay Queen Caught Bush Meat, Prepares Delicious Pepper Soup (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make Snail Pepper Soup by MhizzAJ(f): 8:15pm On Nov 10, 2017
Martin0:

Hian na wa ooo
So u nor go fit pound self?

You don reach here too cheesy
I no fit pound oo cheesy
Re: How To Make Snail Pepper Soup by Martin0(m): 8:22pm On Nov 10, 2017
MhizzAJ:

You don reach here too cheesy I no fit pound oo cheesy
Bride prize don reduce ooogringrin Mummy go vex for u ooo
Re: How To Make Snail Pepper Soup by Martin0(m): 8:23pm On Nov 10, 2017
MhizzAJ:

You don reach here too cheesy I no fit pound oo cheesy
Na pple like u go dey call me wizard ooogringrin
Me self nor even mind if women sabi cook or not,after-all I can cook..

1 Like

Re: How To Make Snail Pepper Soup by Jerrypolo(m): 8:26pm On Nov 10, 2017
eneubane1:
Snail pepper soup is very delicious and healthy for everyone. It is very nutritious and a great substitute for assorted, chicken and goat meat pepper soup.

You can make peppered snail by simply simmering the cleaned snails in peppered sauce and eat alone as an appetizer.

Here's snail pepper soup recipe. Enjoy!

Ingredients:::
• 20 small Snails (Cleaned and washed with Alum Or Lime)
• 3 Calabash Nutmeg seeds (Ehu/Ariwo)
• 1 teaspoon of Thyme
• 2 tablespoon ground chilli pepper (or as desired)
• 1 medium sized onion
• 2 seasoning cubes
• Salt to taste

Procedure:::
• Using an old frying pan, roast the nutmeg seeds. stirring constantly till you can smell it. Try to remove the outer membrane, if it comes off easily, then the nutmeg is done.

• Peel off the nutmeg skin and grind/blend or pound into a smooth powder and set aside. Slice the onions and set aside.

• Wash and place the cleaned snails in a medium sized pot. Pour water just enough to cover it, add the crushed seasoning cubes and chopped onions then bring to boil.

• Once it starts to boil, add the ground pepper, nutmeg, thyme and salt to taste then continue cooking for about 10 more minutes.

• Once the snail is done, leave to simmer for about 3 minutes and it's ready to be served. Enjoy!

Source: http://www.versatileblog.com.ng/2017/11/snail-pepper-soup.html

You tried. However, it is a misnormal to add thyme or onions to pepper soup. It doesn't add up. Onions one can forgive but thyme?. I mean, who does that?

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Snail Pepper Soup by DaDevin: 8:31pm On Nov 10, 2017
Settingz321:

Oya let hear
Abi which of the type of snail terrifies you?

Hehe all the type grin
Re: How To Make Snail Pepper Soup by Ishilove: 8:31pm On Nov 10, 2017
Eating this _shit is a taboo where I come from. I've never eaten it, and will never eat it
Re: How To Make Snail Pepper Soup by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 10, 2017
Lala will love this cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How To Make Snail Pepper Soup by DaDevin: 8:33pm On Nov 10, 2017
Ishilove:
Eating this _shit is a taboo where I come from. I've never eaten it, and will never eat it
One man's food they say....
Re: How To Make Snail Pepper Soup by JuanDeDios: 8:45pm On Nov 10, 2017
MhizzAJ:

How then
If you don't want to clean snails, you can buy cleaned frozen ones. They're available in many supermarkets across Lagos. You can cut out the whole process of frying nutmegs by buying mixed pepper-soup ingredients sold in open markets. They contain nutmeg and other relevant peppersoup ingredients. Besides you can make peppersoup without nutmeg. Just use scent leaves and curry leaves - that's what I use when I can't be bothered with all the ground stuff.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Snail Pepper Soup by MhizzAJ(f): 8:46pm On Nov 10, 2017
JuanDeDios:

If you don't want to clean snails, you can buy cleaned frozen ones. They're available in many supermarkets across Lagos. You can cut out the whole process of frying nutmegs by buying mixed pepper-soup ingredients sold in open markets. They contain nutmeg and other relevant peppersoup ingredients. Besides you can make peppersoup without nutmeg. Just use scent leaves and curry leaves - that's what I use when I can't be bothered with all the ground stuff.

Wow
Thanks
Re: How To Make Snail Pepper Soup by JuanDeDios: 8:54pm On Nov 10, 2017
MhizzAJ:

Wow
Thanks
No probs. Or you can holla me if you want to come over for a helping.
Re: How To Make Snail Pepper Soup by hoseao(m): 8:56pm On Nov 10, 2017
[quote author=NwaAmaikpe post=62260606] shocked

There is a popular myth around Mochudi, Botswana that eating of snail
soup can deform one's DNA and cause them to give birth to imbeciles.

Please be warned.
My people say, "na wetin dey sweet, na im dey kill".[/quote.your brain needs factory reset
Re: How To Make Snail Pepper Soup by MhizzAJ(f): 8:57pm On Nov 10, 2017
JuanDeDios:

No probs. Or you can holla me if you want to come over for a helping.

grin grin
Re: How To Make Snail Pepper Soup by JuanDeDios: 8:59pm On Nov 10, 2017
MhizzAJ:

grin grin
I'll take that for you're coming. smiley
Re: How To Make Snail Pepper Soup by MhizzAJ(f): 9:00pm On Nov 10, 2017
JuanDeDios:

I'll take that for you're coming. smiley

I wouldn't cheesy
Am far from Lagos though
Re: How To Make Snail Pepper Soup by PBundles(m): 9:09pm On Nov 10, 2017
You do realise that Europeans eat snails too. The Spanish, Portuguese and French call it escargot, which is a delicacy. Look it up

sKeetz:
Ewww

Nigerians can eat anything.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Snail Pepper Soup by Nobody: 9:22pm On Nov 10, 2017
MhizzAJ:
The procedure is quite stressful
lazy ass
Re: How To Make Snail Pepper Soup by Ishilove: 9:29pm On Nov 10, 2017
DaDevin:

One man's food they say....
Na another man's purge, they say
Re: How To Make Snail Pepper Soup by Spain007(m): 9:41pm On Nov 10, 2017
PBundles:
You do realise that Europeans eat snails too. The Spanish, Portuguese and French call it escargot, which is a delicacy. Look it up

Correct....its also called CARACOL

1 Like

Re: How To Make Snail Pepper Soup by Syphonn(m): 9:47pm On Nov 10, 2017
5 signs you are not just a sex mate
Discovering you are just a sexmate is one of the worst things that ladies hate, especially if they had fallen in love with the man.
There is something every man wants from a lady and this is what gives the man the boldness to walk up to her and start up a conversation.
It is believed that when two minds agree, then they will decide to walk together.

READ MORE http://www.busygisting.com/5-signs-he-is-only-your-sexmate/
Re: How To Make Snail Pepper Soup by Nobody: 10:47pm On Nov 10, 2017
DaDevin:
There is just something about eating snail that terrifies me embarassed

cheesy
This cracked me up!!!
Re: How To Make Snail Pepper Soup by DaDevin: 11:02pm On Nov 10, 2017
merahki:

cheesy
This cracked me up!!!
I was being honest though cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Make Snail Pepper Soup by mike4real2(m): 5:06am On Nov 11, 2017
Congo meat
Re: How To Make Snail Pepper Soup by eneubane1(f): 7:51am On Nov 11, 2017
Lol, you have to stop eating too much pepper. It is one of the causes of ulcer.
HEFAIROHLUWA:

JUST 2TABLE SPOON? U this people sef shocked I think 10 table spoons is still okay. #pepper_them_gang grin
Re: How To Make Snail Pepper Soup by eneubane1(f): 7:53am On Nov 11, 2017
I know, just think about the end result.
MhizzAJ:
The procedure is quite stressful
Re: How To Make Snail Pepper Soup by eneubane1(f): 8:03am On Nov 11, 2017
In life be opened to new ideas, whenever you see something new, try it before condemning. In my place we add thyme to pepper soup and it always comes out great. I am a food blogger and it's my responsibility to teach people what they don't know rather than following the crowd.
Jerrypolo:

You tried. However, it is a misnormal to add thyme or onions to pepper soup. It doesn't add up. Onions one can forgive but thyme?. I mean, who does that?
Re: How To Make Snail Pepper Soup by eneubane1(f): 8:05am On Nov 11, 2017
Lovely... Thanks for the tips!
JuanDeDios:

Re: How To Make Snail Pepper Soup by Jerrypolo(m): 8:18am On Nov 11, 2017
eneubane1:
In life be opened to new ideas, whenever you see something new, try it before condemning. In my place we add thyme to pepper soup and it always comes out great. I am a food blogger and it's my responsibility to teach people what they don't know rather than following the crowd.

OK ma. Enjoy.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Snail Pepper Soup by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 11, 2017
i enjoy eating snails, very expensive meat in france. tongue

1 Like

Re: How To Make Snail Pepper Soup by poweredcom(m): 4:04pm On Nov 11, 2017
wow I no de take snail meat play

1 Like

Re: How To Make Snail Pepper Soup by tutors4exams(f): 10:59am On Oct 07, 2022
There is GOD o

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Nigerian Rice Is Expensive And Scarce - Fatimah Aliyu / Easy Steps On How I Made Ewa Agoyin (Beans And Sauce) With Bread (Photos, Video) / 7 Healthy Ways To Fry Foods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.