Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,564 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here (73942 Views)

Warri-Sapele Road: You Can't Ply This Road And Not Spend At Least 2 Days On Road / Plz How Can I Get To Sierra Leone From Nigeria By Road And The Cost. / Passengers Injured As Bus Veers Off The Road And Lands Into A Ditch. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Nobody: 10:36pm On Nov 12, 2017
IneedSugarMumy1:
As we don reach same border yellow card start their own wahala, after driver don tell us say make we no answer them, 1 old man for back come answer them the man bring him yellow card out them come see say na fake him get and he need to do new 1 (Chaii shey the man deaf ni) after waiting like 1hr for the card, we finally comot from seme

My brothers and sister from benin republic to Ghana I no see potholes for road, not hold up, straigh wide road, ( na thunder go fire our leaders). Benin and togo border clean very neat, Togo and Ghana border clean make sense, but naija and benin border be like refuse site, we finally arrived Ghana thank God for safe journey
cc pidgin2 londoner. You can say whatever. I'm not in replying mood these days.
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Kingxway: 10:36pm On Nov 12, 2017
What you wrote up there is quite true. Though I can't tell much about the northern part of the country, but their southern babes are damn beautiful with killer curves and shiny skins. Unfortunately, you can't have much access when you can't speak their language. But you can be friends anyway.

Talking about light, it's 24/7

7 Likes

Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by PERFECT2(m): 10:37pm On Nov 12, 2017
IneedSugarMumy1:
Good evening nairalanders, anula to Ghanaians too oh

1week after my niqqa tell me say them rob am for Ghana, so me decide say make I reach Ghana make I go drop some things for am.

On Sunday 5th I go iyana ipaja for GUO transport make I book ticket after paying 19500 I go house prepare my things come ready for journey next day wey be monday
(Remember I never go Ghana before oh) and na through road.
Monday morning we set for journey oh, I swear from iyana ipaja to naija border na so we de stop for road driver de settle immigration, next stop to check passengers and small searching, next stop them wan stamp out passport's, ( shey na all these stress plane people de pass for up ) Not even to talk about the road wey some of the potholes big reach grave, after all these we finally arrive seme border....

Please, must I have a Visa before going to Ghana. I'm seriously asking Sir.
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Jamexjulius(m): 10:37pm On Nov 12, 2017
IneedSugarMumy1:
Good evening nairalanders, anula to Ghanaians too oh

1week after my niqqa tell me say them rob am for Ghana, so me decide say make I reach Ghana make I go drop some things for am.

On Sunday 5th I go iyana ipaja for GUO transport make I book ticket after paying 19500 I go house prepare my things come ready for journey next day wey be monday
(Remember I never go Ghana before oh) and na through road.
Monday morning we set for journey oh, I swear from iyana ipaja to naija border na so we de stop for road driver de settle immigration, next stop to check passengers and small searching, next stop them wan stamp out passport's, ( shey na all these stress plane people de pass for up ) Not even to talk about the road wey some of the potholes big reach grave, after all these we finally arrive seme border....

did you use passport or visa to enter or you just enter just like that?
Kindly explain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Nobody: 10:39pm On Nov 12, 2017
IneedSugarMumy1:
Them get fine fine girls oh, naija de learn for where them girls dey for (ukwu). They're blessed thank God for my tb Joshua morning water e no allow me sin

But them girls de fear nigerian boys sha, i don't know why, Nigeria guys plenty for here Igbo's

But I've problem with their money, I changed 50k when them give me, e like 5k and their things cost her

My pix na night oooh, na only for night I de comot
na only big ass them get abeg.. Ghana girls sabi ugly even them boys no get swag. Na our naija brothers dey teach them. Na the reason wey e be say them girls fit die on top naija guy matter be that. Them be learner for swag and beauty. But other things, like standard of living. Naija been dey learn.

22 Likes

Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by ifyalways(f): 10:39pm On Nov 12, 2017
blackbeau1:
it's not expensive tho. The problem is our currency has depreciated . Before now, things were cheap as dirt here
Nay, some things are and will always be expensive when compared to Nigeria eg water (bottled, satchet), soft drinks, eggs and in fact, most food stuff.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by dogstyle007(m): 10:41pm On Nov 12, 2017
Nice welcome to Gh
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by BTT(m): 10:41pm On Nov 12, 2017
"Landlord travel and see" like they say.
Op, I hope your moniker would have seen salvation by the time you return.

2 Likes

Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by atilla(m): 10:42pm On Nov 12, 2017
Very interesting. Waiting for more updates
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Nobody: 10:42pm On Nov 12, 2017
blackbeau1:
it's not expensive tho. The problem is our currency has depreciated . Before now, things were cheap as dirt here
are you in Ghana?
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by blackjack21(m): 10:43pm On Nov 12, 2017
Bro, na naija dey sell electricity for Ghana. �
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Kingxway: 10:46pm On Nov 12, 2017
Jamexjulius:

did you use passport or visa to enter or you just enter just like that?
Kindly explain
PERFECT2:

you don't need visa or passport. Though you pay less when you have passport. I used my driver's license

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by fnep2smooth(m): 10:48pm On Nov 12, 2017
packing my bag

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by saintkeppy(m): 10:49pm On Nov 12, 2017
stepo707:
Yea constant light but expensive country.They beef Nigerians no be small
. Dem dey beef cos We dey oppress them na
Same beef S.A have for us.
We too dey show ourselves.

But hate it or love it, never a dull moment when you have Nigerian folks around in a foreignLand, they are prepared to light up everywhere with fun, etc.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by iamjames2222: 10:50pm On Nov 12, 2017
if you don't have enough cash you cant cope there especially if you are from naija because of how poor our currency is. And things are costly there. but its a lovable place to live. I spent a week in Accra dis year and I really enjoyed my time there. there are a number of Nigerian restaurants there as well

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Nobody: 10:52pm On Nov 12, 2017
stepo707:
Yea constant light but expensive country.They beef Nigerians no be small
As in ehn! The beef no be for here but they are naturally friendly people sha.
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by iamprotocol(m): 10:53pm On Nov 12, 2017
ifyalways:

50K will give you nothing less than 600 ghc
babe go bk nd check the exchange rate now dont asume
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by DaHrNn(m): 10:54pm On Nov 12, 2017
FIDELITY24:
yeah... it's a nice country, I was in Accra Ghana for two months, Adenta area.

I stay in Adenta & at BONDS if anyone knows there... Ghana is a lovely place to stay... Let's reason transportation... Buses you sit 5 on a roll in Nigeria is 4 on a roll here likewise 4 in a roll being 3 on a roll here... Mate as its called to our naija conductors dont hang on buses & take a sit for them self & always clean not smelling garage boys doing conductor who dont have a clue what a bath means... Expensive? Yes... But its worth a place to stay to live a peaceable life...

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by iamjames2222: 10:55pm On Nov 12, 2017
PERFECT2:

u dont need a VISA to enter ghana. just have ur passport that's all. Some de even go without passport, but just make sure u r Nt going by air

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by DaHrNn(m): 10:55pm On Nov 12, 2017
iamprotocol:

She is right...
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Kingxway: 10:57pm On Nov 12, 2017
ifyalways:

50K will give you nothing less than 600 ghc
I don't think it's up to 600GH presently. Maybe 55k is around 600GH
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by DaHrNn(m): 10:58pm On Nov 12, 2017
iamprotocol:

More than ¢600...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Triniti(m): 10:59pm On Nov 12, 2017
Ghana is a very expensive country to live in, electricity is constant, sometimes you have light off,they have a very big language barrier for a Anglophone country, least I forget, the electricity is quite expensive like it will cost you an arm and leg to make use of A/c

3 Likes

Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Jamexjulius(m): 11:00pm On Nov 12, 2017
Kingxway:
you don't need visa or passport. Though you pay less when you have passport . I used my driver's license

do you mean you pay less for transportation?
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by SLYX: 11:02pm On Nov 12, 2017
Skyfornia:
Spent one year in Accra and the experience was worth it...Omo I enjoyed every every for that town,if you wan see plenty nigerians, enter christian village or Dome,them plenty for there,including east legon. What of kwame nkrumah circle? Na their own computer village be that and na igbo boys full the market. Their night clubs na topnotch..I dated one American and Ghanaian girl during my stay..story for another day.
Is it possible to drive your personal car from lag to accra?

1 Like

Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Nobody: 11:03pm On Nov 12, 2017
Origin:
This story is sweeeet. Please add more and include more pictures.

Heard Ghana has 247 light and no old woman for Ghana.
BRO COME WESTERN REGION THE RIVER STATE OF NAIJA, THIS IS THE PLACE GHANA MONEY COME FROM, OIL, COCOA, GOLD, TIMBER, SEAPORT, TAKORADI OIL CITY HOME OF GH FIRST PRESIDENT AND JJ Rawlings too, kofi kinata the high graders. omo u go feel western region, wa jaiye ori omi, welcome to Gh.

5 Likes

Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Triniti(m): 11:04pm On Nov 12, 2017
SLYX:
Is it possible to drive your personal car from lag to accra?
. Yes

1 Like

Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by blacq2009(m): 11:07pm On Nov 12, 2017
IneedSugarMumy1:
Them get fine fine girls oh, naija de learn for where them girls dey for (ukwu). They're blessed thank God for my tb Joshua morning water e no allow me sin

But them girls de fear nigerian boys sha, i don't know why, Nigeria guys plenty for here Igbo's

But I've problem with their money, I changed 50k when them give me, e like 5k and their things cost her

My pix na night oooh, na only for night I de comot
Welcome to Tamale, my motherland. Which area you dey? I go come visit.

1 Like

Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by watchindelta(m): 11:09pm On Nov 12, 2017
just passing by. till Nigeria Good
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by blackbeau1(f): 11:09pm On Nov 12, 2017
ifyalways:

Nay, some things are and will always be expensive when compared to Nigeria eg water (bottled, satchet), soft drinks, eggs and in fact, most food stuff.
not true. When exchange rate was about 1000 naira to 25 cedis b4 it changed early 2016, I got my note 4 at 1800 cedis which was just about 72k , for a phone that was sold in nigeria at 145k. Canned drinks were the same price as what obtains in nigeria .infact if anything, I drink a lot of diet coke. It was way cheaper than the amount it's sold for in nigeria. Pure water was about 20p which was about 8 naira and 10p which was about 4 naira. The problem right now is the naira depreciation.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by blackbeau1(f): 11:10pm On Nov 12, 2017
Luxuryconsult:
are you in Ghana?
yep
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by blacq2009(m): 11:10pm On Nov 12, 2017
ibkayee:
Would love to visit Ghana
Would gladly be your host therein.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? / Man Drives Out A Burning SUV From A Fire Scene In Lagos (Photos) / UAE cancels Three months tourist visa for Nigerian Passport Holders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.