Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,144 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here (73706 Views)

Warri-Sapele Road: You Can't Ply This Road And Not Spend At Least 2 Days On Road / Plz How Can I Get To Sierra Leone From Nigeria By Road And The Cost. / Passengers Injured As Bus Veers Off The Road And Lands Into A Ditch. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Kingxway: 12:02am On Nov 13, 2017
smartmey61:
Takoradi the oil city man
I hear a lot about that city. Would like to visit there someday. How do you see the area in terms of business? I know Kumasi is one of the most affordable cities in the country. The only problem so far is language, as the people don't like communicating in English even when some them understands it. They expect everyone to speak their language. How about Takoradi?

1 Like

Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Nobody: 12:04am On Nov 13, 2017
IneedSugarMumy1:
As we don reach same border yellow card start their own wahala, after driver don tell us say make we no answer them, 1 old man for back come answer them the man bring him yellow card out them come see say na fake him get and he need to do new 1 (Chaii shey the man deaf ni) after waiting like 1hr for the card, we finally comot from seme

My brothers and sister from benin republic to Ghana I no see potholes for road, not hold up, straigh wide road, ( na thunder go fire our leaders). Benin and togo border clean very neat, Togo and Ghana border clean make sense, but naija and benin border be like refuse site, we finally arrived Ghana thank God for safe journey
yep bro, I don't know why Nigeria borders are so bad, come see Nigeria - Niger Republic border, very bad and dirty, the road is closed and if you wanna pass na one kind tarred road you gat to use. Niger Republic is not bad too, better roads, stable electricity, quite safe and secured. M a Nigerian but ah get relatives there, so I check in during holidays. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Nobody: 12:06am On Nov 13, 2017
Kingxway:
I hear a lot about that city. Would like to visit there someday. How do you see the area in terms of business? I know Kumasi is one of the most affordable cities in the country. The only problem so far is language, as the people don't like communicating in English even when some them understands it. They expect everyone to speak their language. How about Takoradi?
i dont see language as a barrier here, this is a place where white people came first average westerners can speak good english, and business is booming, i started from street now im importing into the country from USA. their love for electronics in this country na some thing. check there street bus like danfo na so so gbedu and tv, go to their room u go tire for noise and dem dey entertain u ni, 130 years old person go die na to play Sakordie and Shatta wale till morning NA GH WE DEY OOO PAAAAAAA WELCOME TO WESTERN REGION PPPPPPPAAAAAA

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Kingxway: 12:10am On Nov 13, 2017
smartmey61:
come bro u go love am na sure city fukc Accra here naijas are like kings and queens. police is your friend banking are friendly. business is booming, walk any time of the day, at any hearing of naija even in market na oga give me your number, man TADI is the best im here presently lol its sunday tho
Just visited Vianna City Kumasi today to catch some fun, but challey the area is not as beautiful as the picture you posted. If might be because I visited at day time when there wasn't much activities

4 Likes

Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Nobody: 12:11am On Nov 13, 2017
amanze15:
Takoradi sounds like a nice place cheesy there are nice places to visit around West Africa.
i swear TADI NA D BEST I WAS IN ACCRA FEW DAYS AGO TO CLEAR MY GOODS AT CUSTOM OFFICE AFGO IN CARGO SECTION IF THE AIRPORT MAN I JUST KEPT ON THREATEN MY AGENT , I CANT WAIT TO GO BACK HOME I LOVE TAKORADI SO MUCH, MAYBE BECAUSE NA MY MOM REGION LOL.SINCE 2014 IM ADDICTED TO THIS BEAUTIFUL CITY

2 Likes

Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by hkidola00(m): 12:12am On Nov 13, 2017
blackbeau1:
it's not expensive tho. The problem is our currency has depreciated . Before now, things were cheap as dirt here
wotup,straight up,love ur assets, and I'm interested,I stay in Nigeria,tell me ur price ,just name it,den u can chose d place we meet,where u stay or where I stay,should I send my gmail if ur interested,hit me up
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Nobody: 12:14am On Nov 13, 2017
Kingxway:
Just visited Vianna City Kumasi today to catch some fun, but challey the area is not as beautiful as the picture you posted. If might be because I visited at day time when there wasn't much activities
WE HVE TWO IN Takoradi. the one at the beach and the one in the city. infront of fedex office along Best western atlantic plus hotel road. http://viennacity.com.gh/resort.html and the city own https://www.google.com.gh/search?q=vienna+city+city+takoradi&rlz=1C1CHBD_enGH760GH760&tbm=isch&source=iu&pf=m&ictx=1&fir=5Q_2Xi4pEpou4M%253A%252C6DVTeQl4nOcv0M%252C_&usg=__KW_x9bhLTE91k-fbR3u_OLuJX2g%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwid2vD1lLrXAhVRJFAKHUAhA3MQ9QEIdjAI#imgrc=5Q_2Xi4pEpou4M:
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Kingxway: 12:15am On Nov 13, 2017
smartmey61:
i dont see language as a barrier here, this is a place where white people came first average westerners can speak good english, and business is booming, i started from street now im importing into the country from USA. their love for electronics in this country na some thing. check there street bus like danfo na so so gbedu and tv, go to their room u go tire for noise and dem dey entertain u ni, 130 years old person go die na to play Sakordie and Shatta wale till morning NA GH WE DEY OOO PAAAAAAA WELCOME TO WESTERN REGION PPPPPPPAAAAAA
Awesome! I was thinking of relocating to Kasoa come next year. But now seems I will check Takoradi before I make my decision. Thanks for the info man

1 Like

Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Nobody: 12:16am On Nov 13, 2017
remiproxy:
yep bro, I don't know why Nigeria borders are so bad, come see Nigeria - Niger Republic border, very bad and dirty, the road is closed and if you wanna pass na one kind tarred road you gat to use. Niger Republic is not bad too, better roads, stable electricity, quite safe and secured. M a Nigerian but ah get relatives there, so I check in during holidays. Enjoy!
if u come by road after seme border notice the road na smooth sailing to accra. na so naija be. dem know us pass lol na we do all grin grin
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Moyinoluwa35(f): 12:17am On Nov 13, 2017
ibkayee:
Lool whett? cheesy
e be like you no want walka well this December
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Nobody: 12:18am On Nov 13, 2017
Kingxway:
Awesome! I was thinking of relocating to Kasoa come next year. But now seems I will check Takoradi before I make my decision. Thanks for the info man
you welcome. another place in accra is better as for Kasoa damn na naija gangs go pursue u commot with their nonsensical sh*t grin grin naija no get good name for kasoa, even Ghanian no fit pass some area at night in Kasoa. grin grin
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Ubiquity: 12:19am On Nov 13, 2017
kingeddyx:

Some one is currently in Ghana giving updates about his experience with electricity and you are somewhere countering that first hand information with information you have about a power crisis(drumsor)which was solved about a year ago.
I believe he's saying it from good knowledge, it's called "dumsor" in the twi dialect so he's right. They have lights off there but it's not as bad as it is here. Incase @londoner you are also not aware, there are places where they share the power as well. Like 2days on, 1day off. Some 1day on, 1day off and so on. They are currently working on measures to stop generation of power from Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by TIDDOLL(m): 12:20am On Nov 13, 2017
smartmey61:
0 stop mislead people. Ejigbo ko Ikotun ni. u better take good bus in lagos than those 1806 version of trucks playing Abidjan since 1960 non stop, im at the border of Gh ND IV, u better find good bus lol the road far ooo
Yes Sir!

1 Like

Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by TIDDOLL(m): 12:21am On Nov 13, 2017
smartmey61:
0 stop mislead people. Ejigbo ko Ikotun ni. u better take good bus in lagos than those 1806 version of trucks playing Abidjan since 1960 non stop, im at the border of Gh ND IV, u better find good bus lol the road far ooo
YES SIR!

2 Likes

Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by badttrader(m): 12:21am On Nov 13, 2017
smartmey61:
come bro u go love am na sure city fukc Accra here naijas are like kings and queens. police is your friend banking are friendly. business is booming, walk any time of the day, at any hearing of naija even in market na oga give me your number, man TADI is the best im here presently lol its sunday tho

Sure thing! I dey hear Taadi stories on a regular. Na Accra I dey shaa but I for like move around well. Dem tell me about one area like for sekondi. Konvuase or something like that. Dem say na enjoyment capital of sekondi-takoradi.
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Kingxway: 12:24am On Nov 13, 2017
smartmey61:
WE HVE TWO IN Takoradi. the one at the beach and the one in the city. infront of fedex office along Best western atlantic plus hotel road. http://viennacity.com.gh/resort.html and the city own https://www.google.com.gh/search?q=vienna+city+city+takoradi&rlz=1C1CHBD_enGH760GH760&tbm=isch&source=iu&pf=m&ictx=1&fir=5Q_2Xi4pEpou4M%253A%252C6DVTeQl4nOcv0M%252C_&usg=__KW_x9bhLTE91k-fbR3u_OLuJX2g%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwid2vD1lLrXAhVRJFAKHUAhA3MQ9QEIdjAI#imgrc=5Q_2Xi4pEpou4M:
Mehn, the city must be damn awesome. What about them babes? As for here, majority of their babes are so beautiful, friendly, curvy with shiny black skins but no access for you if you can't speak their language. Unless you prove otherwise, which may take you long process and cost you a lot of money.
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by groovie(m): 12:25am On Nov 13, 2017
Lol. 20 pesewas =16 naira. Thats the price of pure water! Guaranteed anything you want to buy in ghana is 60% higher than what you would buy in Nigeria.
The electricity is really expensive too. I always buy my food stuffs from Nigeria, abeg i no get their strength.
But they are nice people though.

6 Likes

Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Nobody: 12:26am On Nov 13, 2017
Kingxway:
Mehn, the city must be damn awesome. What about them babes? As for here, majority of their babes are so beautiful, friendly, curvy with shiny black skins but no access for you if you can't speak their language. Unless you prove otherwise, which may take you long process and cost you a lot of money.
chaii no be here ooo.dem sabo english pass, dem civilise here oooo, come jaiye orie bro. beautiful chicks, with beads that will make u collect number and sim go full in 3 days yepa, just carry dem go club some go sign u check, gh girl like money but if u met wealthy one she go spend on u till u say stop. Gbabee grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by badttrader(m): 12:27am On Nov 13, 2017
smartmey61:
you welcome. another place in accra is better as for Kasoa damn na naija gangs go pursue u commot with their nonsensical sh*t grin grin naija no get good name for kasoa, even Ghanian no fit pass some area at night in Kasoa. grin grin

I tell you. Kasoa na something else now oo. Naija guys don spoil that place. There are other better places wey you fit stay for Accra but dem no dey as economical as kasoa.
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Nobody: 12:28am On Nov 13, 2017
badttrader:

Sure thing! I dey hear Taadi stories on a regular. Na Accra I dey shaa but I for like move around well. Dem tell me about one area like for sekondi. Konvuase or something like that. Dem say na enjoyment capital of sekondi-takoradi.
o borhterly dont make me drop pics ooo lol sekondi home of the fish, man u go just love it ni, i swear. when they see any naija they see Dangote, yemi alade, davido chaii u kill them with davido.
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Kingxway: 12:29am On Nov 13, 2017
smartmey61:
Wow! Bro, thank you so much. I'm glad the op was motivated to create this thread. I have learnt a lot
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Nobody: 12:30am On Nov 13, 2017
badttrader:

I tell you. Kasoa na something else now oo. Naija guys don spoil that place. There are other better places wey you fit stay for Accra but dem no dey as economical as kasoa.
when ever im in accra i usually come to airport either to jet out or in, or clearing my gooods at custom office i normally stay at hotel infront of ABC park princeway or mexico behind it. in still stay prince way on friday till saturday yestery, or make i go my house in American house east legon, other places in accra get as e be ooo
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Nobody: 12:31am On Nov 13, 2017
Kingxway:
Wow! Bro, thank you so much. I'm glad the op was motivated to create this thread. I have learnt a lot
you welcome brother
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Thegamingorca(m): 12:32am On Nov 13, 2017
ibkayee:

Lool whett? cheesy

cool

U too spoiy

kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Nobody: 12:32am On Nov 13, 2017
ibkayee:
Would love to visit Ghana

I’m traveling back to ghana December ,you fit tag along,I spent 5yrs in Accra.
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by badttrader(m): 12:33am On Nov 13, 2017
smartmey61:
o borhterly dont make me drop pics ooo lol sekondi home of the fish, man u go just love it ni, i swear. when they see any naija they see Dangote, yemi alade, davido chaii u kill them with davido.

Hahahahahahahaha.... Drop Abeg. Nothing do you! �
One of these days, I go show for that side like action film.

Make I PM you my number. �
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Nobody: 12:34am On Nov 13, 2017
blackbeau1:
it's not expensive tho. The problem is our currency has depreciated . Before now, things were cheap as dirt here

Yep there was a time that 50k was about 900ghc , word to mother

1 Like

Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Nobody: 12:34am On Nov 13, 2017
groovie:
Lol. 20 pesewas =16 naira. Thats the price of pure water! Guaranteed anything you want to buy in ghana is 60% higher than what you would buy in Nigeria.
The electricity is really expensive too. I always buy my food stuffs from Nigeria, abeg i no get their strength.
But they are nice people though.
lol i just drop 50ghs today for my light bill that abt 2 weeks, na only semo i dey buy from naija im used to gh food man.

2 Likes

Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Nobody: 12:35am On Nov 13, 2017
badttrader:

Hahahahahahahaha.... Drop Abeg. Nothing do you! �
One of these days, I go show for that side like action film.

Make I PM you my number. �
right away bro. u go enjoy everybit
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Kingxway: 12:35am On Nov 13, 2017
smartmey61:
chaii no be here ooo.dem sabo english pass, dem civilise here oooo, come jaiye orie bro. beautiful chicks, with beads that will make u collect number and sim go full in 3 days yepa, just carry dem go club some go sign u check, gh girl like money but if u met wealthy one she go spend on u till u say stop. Gbabee grin grin
Mehn, Takoradi must be damn awesome. As for here you can collect their number tire. But when you call or chat on Whatsapp and they sense you don't speak the language, they start avoiding the calls grin grin
Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by Nobody: 12:36am On Nov 13, 2017
Kingxway:
Mehn, Takoradi must be damn awesome. As for here you can collect their number tire. But when you call or chat on Whatsapp and they sense you don't speak the language, they start avoiding the calls grin grin
chaiii opposite lol. once they know your naija. oga oga oga ya, na to go cook from house for u. and knack u till u start mentioning 37 states of naija grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here by talk2percy(m): 12:37am On Nov 13, 2017
hisgrace090:
This is why people rushing out of naija in drove.
u say wetin U reason this wella before u yarn am?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Truck Carrying People From North To Delta Disguised As Foodstuff Intercepted / Big Fishes Caught During Flooding In Bayelsa (Photo) / International Borders Around The World (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.