Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Ikoyi Whistleblower Threatens To Sue FG For Non-payment Of Reward - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikoyi Whistleblower Threatens To Sue FG For Non-payment Of Reward (654 Views)

Original Ikoyi Whistleblower Heads To Court / Meet Ikoyi Whistleblower: Speaks On EFCC, Reveals Assassination Attempt (Video) / Femi Falana Involved In Road Accident, Breaks His Leg, Threatens To Sue FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikoyi Whistleblower Threatens To Sue FG For Non-payment Of Reward by Anstalk(f): 6:31am On Nov 12, 2017
Yakubu Galadima, lawyer to the whistleblower who pointed the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to the $43m, N23.2m and £27,800 found in an Ikoyi apartment has said his client may sue the Federal Government.

Why it matters:

The Federal Government had launched the whistleblower policy, which states that whistleblowers are entitled to 3% of loots they help recover.
EFCC chairman, Ibrahim Magu had recently stated that the Ikoyi loot whistleblower was already a millionaire and being counselled on how to spend his money.
The whistleblower however raised an alarm that he has not been paid his percentage.
In its response, the EFCC stated that it was not responsible for payment of rewards to whistleblowers.
What he said:

In an interview on Saturday, Galadima said his client will sue the Federal Government for fraud if he does not get paid soon.

When asked if he would sue the government, he said, “That is one of the options but we have many options.”

He added, “Before now I had a discussion with Alhaji Lai Mohammed who directed me to speak with a lady in the office of the Ministry of Finance, Mrs. Tolu Kasali. I had a discussion with her and she told me that she would see what the government could do about it.

“My client’s concern is that time is of the essence. The guy wants to relocate from the country. There is no time and his life is in danger. He is jobless at the moment. He is not doing anything right now and in fact he is a burden on me.”

More: http://anstalk.com/ikoyi-whistleblower-threatens-government/

lalasticlala

Re: Ikoyi Whistleblower Threatens To Sue FG For Non-payment Of Reward by myboy2010(m): 6:39am On Nov 12, 2017
who is lying...efcc or the man

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Whistleblower Threatens To Sue FG For Non-payment Of Reward by Anstalk(f): 6:47am On Nov 12, 2017
myboy2010:
who is lying...efcc or the man

If you asked me
, who will I ask
Re: Ikoyi Whistleblower Threatens To Sue FG For Non-payment Of Reward by aolawale025: 6:54am On Nov 12, 2017
For a policy that should be run with utmost secrecy. The events surrounding the Ikoyi money is a big failure. In court all details and identities would be exposed. The government should pay up.
Re: Ikoyi Whistleblower Threatens To Sue FG For Non-payment Of Reward by ChangetheChange: 6:55am On Nov 12, 2017
grin grin grin

Buhari Government ISSA scam
Re: Ikoyi Whistleblower Threatens To Sue FG For Non-payment Of Reward by NigerDeltan(m): 7:04am On Nov 12, 2017

EFCC chairman, Ibrahim Magu had recently stated that the Ikoyi loot whistleblower was already a millionaire and being counselled on how to spend his money.

Counsel indeed! Ewu gambia

Come and tell me I shld not fvck Chinese babe with my money

Re: Ikoyi Whistleblower Threatens To Sue FG For Non-payment Of Reward by Paperwhite(m): 7:10am On Nov 12, 2017
The identity of the whistle-blower have been compromised already. undecided Nigerian government is utterly useless.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Whistleblower Threatens To Sue FG For Non-payment Of Reward by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 12, 2017
I heard the guy has been paid now
Re: Ikoyi Whistleblower Threatens To Sue FG For Non-payment Of Reward by pacino26(m): 10:16am On Nov 12, 2017
You blew the whistle on the nation's apex intelligence agency just like that

Either you were an operative who is no longer patriotic or you're the greatest fool with a bull's eye on your back for the rest of your life.

Watching from my home.
Re: Ikoyi Whistleblower Threatens To Sue FG For Non-payment Of Reward by wanimo: 10:38am On Nov 12, 2017
This Government is a full time scam organization. They say one thing anddo another.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Gives Valuable Advice To Atiku / 21 Years After, Zik's Wife Calls For Completion Of Mausoleum Of Late Husband / Joyful Songs At Obot Akara As Hon. Ntekpere Empowers Thousands Of Constituent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.