Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,053 members, 7,835,557 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others (5280 Views)

Ladies! 8 Signs You Are Probably Dating A Married Man. / Yahoo Boys & Ritual: Nigerian Lady Has A Strong Message For Lazy Girls (Video) / 8 Red Signs You Should Lookout For Before Taking That Girl To The Altar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by DreamChaser2000: 1:06pm On Nov 13, 2017
Those with a strong personality are not DOMINATING or RUDE - you’re not being difficult or “crossing the line.” None of that reflects who you are, or what your personality is, at all.  In fact, most strong people are giant balls of fluff- they’re really just kind-hearted softies.

But things get twisted because people with domineering personalities (those who refuse to back down when they are wrong, and won’t admit mistakes) give those with strong personalities (those who hold the other types accountable for their actions, words, and mistakes) a bad reputation. It’s not that you have to win, you’re just not willing to let others walk all over you whenever they please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by DreamChaser2000: 1:06pm On Nov 13, 2017
1. You don’t tolerate excuses

Also called ‘accountability.’ You do not put up with excuses. If you have a strong personality, you aren’t going to listen to people whine and complain about what they can’t do, what has gone wrong, and why they can’t succeed. You’d rather spend your energy focusing on what you can do, what can be resolved, and what can be accomplished. Sure, there might be plenty of reasons why you can’t do something…but there are more reasons why you can.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by DreamChaser2000: 1:06pm On Nov 13, 2017
2. You can’t stand small talk

Small talk is unbearable. You have a lot of ideas, so of course you don’t want to waste time talking about what people are wearing or who is dating whom, when you could be talking about things that matter and, oh I don’t know, maybe change the world.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by DreamChaser2000: 1:10pm On Nov 13, 2017
3. You walk away from insensitivity, idiocy, and willful ignorance

Domineering personalities stem from a lack of knowledge, and understanding. Strong personalities are developed by being thoughtful and well-informed. There is a massive difference between these two.

See, you have spent plenty of time and effort using your brain power for good. So you don’t tolerate people who make instant judgments about things they don’t know anything about. This very well might be your best quality- not because you could use your intellect to influence others, but you can use your knowledge to encourage them to think about what they say before they poison the air.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by DreamChaser2000: 1:11pm On Nov 13, 2017
4. You listen to others

Sure, it sounds like a great thing that most people would appreciate. However, listening to people and giving them your honest advice can be terrifying to someone who is used to living their life in a box of conformity and shame.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by Elove1: 1:12pm On Nov 13, 2017
Is that all?�
Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by DreamChaser2000: 1:12pm On Nov 13, 2017
5. You can live without the spotlight

If you’ve got a strong personality, then you do not need attention. So why do people who meet you think you are an attention hog? It’s because you have something besides a strong personality; you have a magnetic personality as well. People are just drawn to your openness and honesty. You don’t socialize because you have a dire need to- you do it because people need and want you around.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by DreamChaser2000: 1:13pm On Nov 13, 2017
6. You are fearless

Actually, you are probably afraid of at least one thing. But there is a difference between your fears and the fears of others; your fears do not dictate how you will live your life.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by tosyne2much(m): 1:13pm On Nov 13, 2017
DreamChaser2000:
3. You walk away from insensitivity, idiocy, and willful ignorance

Domineering personalities stem from a lack of knowledge, and understanding. Strong personalities are developed by being thoughtful and well-informed. There is a massive difference between these two.

See, you have spent plenty of time and effort using your brain power for good. So you don’t tolerate people who make instant judgments about things they don’t know anything about. This very well might be your best quality- not because you could use your intellect to influence others, but you can use your knowledge to encourage them to think about what they say before they poison the air.

This perfectly describes me

1 Like

Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by DreamChaser2000: 1:14pm On Nov 13, 2017
7. You see insecurity as opportunity

We all have moments of insecurity. It’s what you do with those feelings that matter. For you, insecurity is an opportunity to improve. You know you’re far from perfect but you keep going. You continue to learn and evolve, despite the risk of looking like a fool. This is the definition of living…not merely existing.

It’s true, some people just aren’t going to like you. They think that you are difficult to be around. But what some perceive as difficult, others might see as challenging. You challenge other people to be the best version of themselves, and that’s not always a comfortable experience.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by DreamChaser2000: 1:16pm On Nov 13, 2017
tosyne2much:

Good to know that you have a strong personality my brother.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by GloriaNinja(f): 1:29pm On Nov 13, 2017
YOU JUST STATED ALL ABOUT ME
Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by gsainttrinity(m): 1:38pm On Nov 13, 2017
Wow.. That's me!!

I always suspected I had this in me
-------------------------------------------

I'm so number one, one of my girlfriends thinks I am actually a proud person who does not believe in other peoples weaknesses.

Although I have tried to explain that there are no reasons good enough for being inadequate but she looks me like some very weird egoistic person.
Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by Kondomatic(m): 1:42pm On Nov 13, 2017
GloriaNinja:
YOU JUST STATED ALL ABOUT ME
tosyne2much:
gsainttrinity:
Wow.. That's me!!

I always suspected I had this in me
tosyne2much:
If I testify about myself, my testimony is not valid.

John 5:31

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by augustkings(f): 1:43pm On Nov 13, 2017
This is so me
Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by gsainttrinity(m): 2:04pm On Nov 13, 2017
Kondomatic:

Seriously I have enough practical experience to testify about it. Believe me they are not exactly positive ones.

I am often misunderstood.
Called proud, which from the hearts of my heart I am not and nit trying to be..

Very low self-esteemed people( which from my observation accounts for over 90% percent of the world population) doesn't make it any easy for people like us.

Being someone with super-personality is more pain than gain and I think you should empathize with us not because we are. Blowing our trumpets, but because we are a minority being marginalized.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 13, 2017
tosyne2much:
Bro Whats Your Temperament?
Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by tosyne2much(m): 5:46pm On Nov 13, 2017
DeadRat:
Bro Whats Your Temperament?
I don't really get the question bro
Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by TheManofTomorrow(m): 6:39pm On Nov 13, 2017
All of you saying "Dats really me above.
kontinue lying

6 Likes

Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by Magnoliaa(f): 6:50pm On Nov 13, 2017
TheManofTomorrow:
All of you saying "Dats really me above.

kontinue lying

grin
Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by Joislim(f): 6:58pm On Nov 13, 2017
Your write-up is great..
Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 13, 2017
tosyne2much:
I don't really get the question bro
may Be You Havent Heard Of Sanguine, Choleric, Melancholy, Phlegmatic... They Are Four Basic Temperaments and Every Person Falls Under One Or Two
Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by makydebbie(f): 8:42pm On Nov 13, 2017
Kondomatic:

Hahahaha grin grin
Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by makydebbie(f): 8:43pm On Nov 13, 2017
gsainttrinity:

Seriously I have enough practical experience to testify about it. Believe me they are not exactly positive ones.

Very low self-esteemed people( which from my observation accounts for over 90% percent of the world population) doesn't make it any easy for people like us.

Being someone with super-personality is more pain than gain and I think you should empathize with us not because we are. Blowing our trumpets, but because we are a minority being marginalized.
Are you an introvert?
Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by Lalas247(f): 8:45pm On Nov 13, 2017
nice write up op
Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 13, 2017
gsainttrinity:

How old are you?

@emboldened you deserve a swift kick to the head...

1 Like

Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by gsainttrinity(m): 9:10pm On Nov 13, 2017
Blackfyre:

How old are you?

@emboldened you deserve a swift kick to the head...

grin grin grin..... I may have exaggerated a bit, but the truth remains a lot of folks on the average have low self esteem... Slay queens included.

1 Like

Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by gsainttrinity(m): 9:14pm On Nov 13, 2017
makydebbie:
Are you an introvert?

Seriously I don't know... Because some of my friends who assumed mme to be introverted when they see me do stuffs in public that they themselves the self assumed extrovert dare not they always thinks I am pretending to be introverted. The truth is that I enjoy my personal time alone not because I am extra shy of mingling.

1 Like

Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by Nobody: 9:21pm On Nov 13, 2017
gsainttrinity:

grin grin grin..... I may have exaggerated a bit, but the truth remains a lot of folks on the average have low self esteem... Slay queens included.

You seem like a talkative tooundecided
Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by makydebbie(f): 9:28pm On Nov 13, 2017
gsainttrinity:

Seriously I don't know... Because some of my friends who assumed mme to be introverted when they see me do stuffs in public that they themselves the self assumed extrovert dare not they always thinks I am pretending to be introverted. The truth is that I enjoy my personal time alone not because I am extra shy of mingling.
Maybe you're an ambivert , and your behavior sometimes confuses your friends. I asked because I'm introverted and most people mistake it as being a snub.
Re: 7 Signs You Have A Strong Personality That May Scare Others by gsainttrinity(m): 9:40pm On Nov 13, 2017
makydebbie:
Maybe you're an ambivert , and your behavior sometimes confuses your friends. I asked because I'm introverted and most people mistake it as being a snub.

I'm seeing the word "Ambivert" for the first time in my life... No wonder it's said "we learn everyday"

Sure many people ascribe all negative interpretations to introverted people.

I have being called 'Proud' 'wicked' 'snub' 'pretender' you name it..
But some people's comment here in nairaland usually give me hope like one said in a thread I can't remember now.... "people usually fear what they don't understand"

But lets be honest, I have an idea how introverted minds work, .... Introverts are snubs .. wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Pvssy is For Every Man / How Ladies Dressed Back In The Day / Have U Ever Toasted A Pretty Girl, Only To Find Out She Is Lesbian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.