Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,863 members, 7,813,946 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him (40079 Views)

Robert Mugabe: 8 Important Dates In The Life Of Late Zimbabwean President / Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years / Robert Mugabe’s 37-Year-Old Rule As Zimbabwean President In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by ModsWillKillNL: 12:44pm On Nov 15, 2017
Serves him right smiley
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by jaywhoco(m): 12:44pm On Nov 15, 2017
sanky346:
Finally Zimbabwe has been liberated
bro, the end justifies the means

Libya was liberated

Iraq was liberated

Nigeria, liberated from 16 years of PDP misrule

my point is...watch what you wish
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by isaiah9(m): 12:46pm On Nov 15, 2017
Why do i have the feeling that the west are behind this?
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by IamProdigy: 12:47pm On Nov 15, 2017
afoltundeseun:
did you read the news

I commented before I read....abt a bit below half of it
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by AngelicBeing: 12:47pm On Nov 15, 2017
optional1:
seriouslly

meaning Arsene Wenger will resign as Arsenal coach...
tongue

1 Like

Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by ybalogs(m): 12:48pm On Nov 15, 2017
Power intoxicates and ends up disgracing you and all you've earned with that power if not well managed. Pa Mugabe should have seen the writing on the wall but Madam Grace doesn't want to let go. Now let's wait and see what happens next.
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by adecz: 12:49pm On Nov 15, 2017
They (military) waited too long..

Better late than never...

Old Bones Mugabe,
Wan be president for life,
then handover to his mumu wife!!

Blackman & their small brain.

Operation Scorpion Dance has struck

1 Like

Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by lastempero: 12:50pm On Nov 15, 2017
This damage control is not even corrective, how can you use someone in the same cabinet and expect him to savage the situation. I believe the army is just trying to take cover because of the imminent purge that Mugabe people was about executing.
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by phreakabit(m): 12:50pm On Nov 15, 2017
Lol, Mugabe planned this whole thing.
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by ybalogs(m): 12:50pm On Nov 15, 2017
isaiah9:
Why do i have the feeling that the west are behind this?
They are always behind stuffs like this but that's cos the incumbent gave them the chance to interfere. They should just allow Mugabe die in Peace.
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by ybalogs(m): 12:53pm On Nov 15, 2017
lastempero:
This damage control is not even corrective, how can you use someone in the same cabinet and expect him to savage the situation. I believe the army is just trying to take cover because of the imminent purge that Mugabe people was about executing.
Something is definitely amiss for Mugabe to have sacked his VP but the storyline we all believe is that Mugabe wants his wife to take over. Having said that, some of those in the cabinet are still needed to ensure smooth running of the nation.
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 15, 2017
sukkot:
wow. end of an era

That ended shamefully undecided
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by HayZee06(m): 12:54pm On Nov 15, 2017
Hehe after 37 years of slumber, these lot finally received sense!
But army takeover angry
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by chanx: 12:54pm On Nov 15, 2017
End of an era for one of Africa's sit tight rulers
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by Venica(f): 12:58pm On Nov 15, 2017
this is long over due .
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by pocohantas(f): 12:58pm On Nov 15, 2017
I never knew this day will come.
'Better to be late than never' though.
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 15, 2017
Meanwhile, ROCHAS had conceived plans of erecting a STATUE of MUGABE
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by jidxin(m): 1:00pm On Nov 15, 2017
0temAtum:
Chai. So anybody can be removed from position, no matter how he or she flaunts his power undecided
This reminds me of how the gods of science removed all the gods of religions such as Yahweh, Allah, Moloch, Mazda etc and bound them up in a spiritual cage so that mind slavery and gullibility of the people would start leaving them.

rubbish
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by GOFRONT(m): 1:01pm On Nov 15, 2017
One THING MUST KILL A MAN

I hope they also com and Uproot his Statue from our Soil here
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by Jeff9498(m): 1:01pm On Nov 15, 2017
Finally
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by kjhova(m): 1:03pm On Nov 15, 2017
FreshBoiy:

What sort of reporting is this? This Caption is totally misleading. undecided

Even Reuters who has been on ground and originally posted the breaking news has not said Mugabe has been removed as the President.

Report the story as it unfolds and stop making speculations or conjectures . The Army General said they are targeting criminals around Mugabe and they expect things to return to normalcy.

This our Jollof Journalism is really appalling! smh

Don't be too hard on the OP, man.

This is apparently a coup d'etat at this stage and even some British media are reporting of Mugabe's seeming detention and removal in their articles even if they won't make such claims SCREAMING HEADLINES as yet.
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by arrestdarrester: 1:04pm On Nov 15, 2017
0temAtum:
Chai. So anybody can be removed from position, no matter how he or she flaunts his power undecided
This reminds me of how the gods of science removed all the gods of religions such as Yahweh, Allah, Moloch, Mazda etc and bound them up in a spiritual cage so that mind slavery and gullibility of the people would start leaving them.

I dare say your mind slavery is worse
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by correctguy101(m): 1:05pm On Nov 15, 2017
I knew the sacked VP is behind it all.

Enough is enough Grandpa Mugabe. The economy was run to the ground and for all the decades you have been the president of the Mashona, the Matabele and all of Zambezi and Limpopo, you have not been able to make any development only with your arrogant wife you ruined a very beautiful and blessed country.....

Now you have been humbled at an age you were supposed to be playing with your great grandchildren... SMH

That arrogant woman should be detained, she should not be let to go free else this will happen again.

I hope the coming government will make the kingdom mighty old bloody Mzilikazi began great again.

Indaba closed, the amadhoda has spoken..
Great Zimbabwe, One Great Africa
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by chuckdee4(m): 1:07pm On Nov 15, 2017
optional1:
seriouslly

meaning Arsene Wenger will resign as Arsenal coach...

lol, post of the day for me
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by arrestdarrester: 1:08pm On Nov 15, 2017
winnar:
Finally.

37yrs in power?

Today will always be remembered in the history of Zimbabwe.

Stil waiting for the day i will hear of this news from North Korea.

That one for NK im Generals too dey fear fear...na only to gather medals dem sabi
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by totorimi: 1:08pm On Nov 15, 2017
How on earth could he have manipulated his people and their Constitution fie 37 solid years to remain in office when it is not his fathers property.

Truly, there is no African country that you can compare with Nigeria. No man or woman no matter the power that can attempt that shit here. Those who even tried to go beyond the constitution allowed second term we're disgraced out of office.

Good riddance anyway o a bad
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by babapressy(m): 1:09pm On Nov 15, 2017
Really
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by totorimi: 1:11pm On Nov 15, 2017
How on earth could he have manipulated his people and their Constitution for 37 solid years to remain in office when it is not his fathers property.

Truly, there is no African country that you can compare with Nigeria. No man or woman no matter the power that can attempt that shit here. Those who even tried to go beyond the constitution allowed second term we're disgraced out of office.

Good riddance anyway o a bad rubbish, one of the sit tight leaders making Africa look stupid before the rest of the world. Thank God the people woke up at last from their slumber.
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by otokx(m): 1:11pm On Nov 15, 2017
Observing as usual.
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by arrestdarrester: 1:14pm On Nov 15, 2017
ybalogs:
They are always behind stuffs like this but that's cos the incumbent gave them the chance to interfere. They should just allow Mugabe die in Peace.

I don't want to believe the West is behind this one even though it carries their call-card.

The Generals and VP can tolerate Mugabe because they still have some respect for him.

His wife? Hmmmm...that's another story for another day
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by tiwiex(m): 1:14pm On Nov 15, 2017
I have been wondering how one old man could take a country on a ride this long. Na jazz?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet The King Who Inherited 72 Wives / Running Out Of Fuel, People In Gaza Seek Out Traditional Clay Ovens (Photos) / WHO: ‘Sex Is Not Limited To Male Or Female’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.