Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,908 members, 7,814,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him (40083 Views)

Robert Mugabe: 8 Important Dates In The Life Of Late Zimbabwean President / Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years / Robert Mugabe’s 37-Year-Old Rule As Zimbabwean President In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by 0temAtum: 1:14pm On Nov 15, 2017
arrestdarrester:

I dare say your mind slavery is worse

Details pls
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by RayJr: 1:17pm On Nov 15, 2017
when Bob Marley sang "Zimbabwe".....no one understood him until yesterday, RIP prophet!!
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by cloud7: 1:24pm On Nov 15, 2017
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN,LISTEN TO JIMMY CLIFF SONG TITLED (HOUSE OF EXILE) and you will understand better...We will all reap what we saw.....
Oga Mugabe and Cohorts will be like fish out of water now...and will be wondering what's the matter...
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by FreshBoiy(m): 1:37pm On Nov 15, 2017
kjhova:

Don't be too hard on the OP, man.

This is apparently a coup d'etat at this stage and even some British media are reporting of Mugabe's seeming detention and removal in their articles even if they won't make such claims SCREAMING HEADLINES as yet.

I'm not being too hard on him bro.. We just need to stop all these "Instablog9ja" and "assumption styled" journalism.

I have read many articles online and even on the BBC's website and I haven't seen the term "removal". Yes it might SEEM like a coup d'etat at this stage but that's all that it is until there is an actual takeover of power by the military.

To say he has been removed as the official President of Zimbabwe is a definite statement of fact which is not entirely true according to the current situation of things.
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by ttmacoy: 1:47pm On Nov 15, 2017
This remains to be seen.... The new interim president has been Mugabe's right hand man for a long time now so hopefully it will lead to Zimbabwe's liberation not the start of another dictatorship.

sanky346:
Finally Zimbabwe has been liberated
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by IamEmem(m): 1:47pm On Nov 15, 2017
Good move by the Zimbabwean military, very patriotic move. Hope this brings prosperity to the people of Zimbabwe.
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by sukkot: 1:48pm On Nov 15, 2017
angelbulksms:

That ended shamefully undecided
ahh well, all good things must come to an end lol
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by kjhova(m): 1:51pm On Nov 15, 2017
FreshBoiy:

I'm not being too hard on him bro.. We just need to stop all these "Instablog9ja" and "assumption styled" journalism.

I have read many articles online and even on the BBC's website and I haven't seen the term "removal". Yes it might SEEM like a coup d'etat at this stage but that's all that it is until there is an actual takeover of power by the military.

To say he has been removed as the official President of Zimbabwe is a definite statement of fact which is not entirely true according to the current situation of things.

I agree with you. Just that, I don't regard Nairaland as a real "news" source nor do I necessarily hold posters here to "journalistic" standards. We are only a gist sharing forum here so I expect people to vet whatever they read here. Hence my plea that you be easy on the OP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by FreshBoiy(m): 1:54pm On Nov 15, 2017
kjhova:

I agree with you. Just that, I don't regard Nairaland as a real "news" source nor do I necessarily hold posters here to "journalistic" standards. We are only a gist sharing forum here so I expect people to vet whatever they read here. Hence my plea that you be easy on the OP.

Well you do make a very valid point.

Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by coputa(m): 1:54pm On Nov 15, 2017
Nothing last forever.
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by Chibudollar: 2:18pm On Nov 15, 2017
I carry last for this news o. When did all these started that i am just seeing this now... MR MUMU(MUGABE) UR TIME IS UP ABEG
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by Geesaintagape: 2:21pm On Nov 15, 2017
I love this news
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by Gkemz: 2:36pm On Nov 15, 2017
The Zimbabwe army has waited too long for this power driven old man to hand over government. I love this peaceful takeover from Mugabe. He has ruled for too long. Imagine 37yrs still ruling...
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by Henry1006(m): 3:06pm On Nov 15, 2017
winnar:
Finally.

37yrs in power?

Today will always be remembered in the history of Zimbabwe.

Stil waiting for the day i will hear of this news from North Korea.
No coup is happening in North korea. Their slave citizens worship kim, they can even lick his poo and call it divine.
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 15, 2017
Henry1006:
No coup is happening in North korea. Their slave citizens worship kim, they can even lick his poo and call it divine.
Hahahahahahahaha.

You really think they worship truly from their hrt? Perhaps is out of fear.
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by Babacele: 3:20pm On Nov 15, 2017
once upon a time. So long Mugabe.
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 15, 2017
mugabe afff finished

Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 15, 2017
Elnino4ladies:

I got it now.

Fine bro. How your side?
Lol
Everywhere good bros.
Where u now?
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 15, 2017
kushercain:

at least read the heading. na haba
And you think I didn't read the title before I commented??
Which zone of Africa is Zimbabwe located??
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by cardoctor(m): 4:18pm On Nov 15, 2017
He will soon die of heart attack. Poor man
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by kushercain: 4:48pm On Nov 15, 2017
olihilistic:
And you think I didn't read the title before I commented?? Which zone of Africa is Zimbabwe located??

Toor it sounded like you meant south Africa
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 15, 2017
kushercain:

Toor it sounded like you meant south Africa
Lol.
I was actually referring to their location in the Dark continent.
Good eveining bro.
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by kushercain: 5:02pm On Nov 15, 2017
olihilistic:
Lol. I was actually referring to their location in the Dark continent. Good eveining bro.
oh. evening bro
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by akigbemaru: 5:43pm On Nov 15, 2017
0temAtum:
Chai. So anybody can be removed from position, no matter how he or she flaunts his power undecided
This reminds me of how the gods of science removed all the gods of religions such as Yahweh, Allah, Moloch, Mazda etc and bound them up in a spiritual cage so that mind slavery and gullibility of the people would start leaving them.

Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by isaiah9(m): 7:33pm On Nov 15, 2017
ybalogs:
They are always behind stuffs like this but that's cos the incumbent gave them the chance to interfere. They should just allow Mugabe die in Peace.
true
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by Elnino4ladies: 7:54pm On Nov 15, 2017
olihilistic:
Lol Everywhere good bros. Where u now?

I'm in oju and you?
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by raphy(m): 8:14pm On Nov 15, 2017
This kind thing rémind me of wht happened to ghadafi of Libya.

The man hv eaten the country money for 37yrs so it's enough his famous mustache need to be shave now.

The country was bewitch now prayers have free them from Mugabe the funnies president in Africa.

Can someone shout hallelujah....
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 16, 2017
Elnino4ladies:

I'm in oju and you?

mkd...
may spend this xmass holiday in Oju.
how is it gonna be??
Re: Army Removes Robert Mugabe From Office As Zimbabwean President, Detain Him by Elnino4ladies: 3:09pm On Nov 16, 2017
olihilistic:
mkd... may spend this xmass holiday in Oju. how is it gonna be??

No Problem. I'm available bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet The King Who Inherited 72 Wives / Running Out Of Fuel, People In Gaza Seek Out Traditional Clay Ovens (Photos) / WHO: ‘Sex Is Not Limited To Male Or Female’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.