Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,000 members, 7,810,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian (14139 Views)

Quiet: The Power Of Introverts In World That Talks Too Much / Letter To The Extroverts, From Sassynigerian / Letter To The Grudgeful Soul From Anothernigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by jashar(f): 7:19am On Nov 20, 2017
undecided
Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by dukeo(m): 7:19am On Nov 20, 2017
I'll try a pet but not friends

angry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by wickyyolo: 7:20am On Nov 20, 2017
Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by Nobody: 7:20am On Nov 20, 2017
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

Good read until I got to the psychiatrist part...I believe you meant psychologist.

Even at that for this Nigeria or when we don jand?

Na Olumofin be dat... grin
Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by justy15: 7:21am On Nov 20, 2017
Good thoughts to start one's day with. Unlike those days you wake up with stories of slay mama n slay queen
Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by Nobody: 7:22am On Nov 20, 2017
Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by Nobody: 7:22am On Nov 20, 2017
Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by kingasap(m): 7:27am On Nov 20, 2017
kingzjay:
"If the walls could speak"

Sincerely I sometimes wonder hoe those introverts cope with a million thoughts in their mind yet they withdraw themselves from the world.

That can be quite depressing though! God please help them.
introversion is not a disease. please leave us like that.

5 Likes

Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by urahara(m): 7:30am On Nov 20, 2017
Micheezzy:
See my account balance is for all mtn sim working

E Neva taya u

1 Like

Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by ojezee(m): 7:30am On Nov 20, 2017
drink some smoke some . .

1 Like

Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by Nobody: 7:33am On Nov 20, 2017
Darkseid:
There is only one thing in this life that I would trade my introversion for and that thing is 'nothing'. Because I don't talk much and always talk sense when I do, people respect me like I'm some kind of demigod. Extroversion sucks in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by Dasherz(f): 7:36am On Nov 20, 2017
people keep saying an introvert should get a friend.... how do I go about making friends or a friend? cos man ain't that easy embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by kabie(m): 7:37am On Nov 20, 2017
I so don't get why people think being an introvert is an awful thingit jst means am comfortable in my own space, I love observing .We can handle situations on our own without being all jello about it.Get someone to lean on u saywell dat sucks,in this life OYO is everyone's case.#proudlyintrovert

6 Likes

Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by Gentle034(m): 7:41am On Nov 20, 2017
snowblaq:

Funny enough... You just described me... Wow.
Not only you! We are many!! The bst part of being an introvert is dat it can give u solutions to some of your problems! Talking about creativity.

2 Likes

Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by kabie(m): 7:41am On Nov 20, 2017
Dasherz:
people keep saying an introvert should get a friend.... how do I go about making friends or a friend? cos man ain't that easy embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
U must be someone who lets people think being an introvert is awful.u don't need friends jst keep people who u can learn from or means a lot to u close the others are fake

1 Like

Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by Gentle034(m): 7:42am On Nov 20, 2017
Dasherz:
Am here!!

1 Like

Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by Greatidonis: 7:46am On Nov 20, 2017
Real introverts don't get bored we somehow have a way of been comfortable even when all alone.

3 Likes

Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by jericco1(m): 7:50am On Nov 20, 2017
you can't alter a person's personality. give up. being an introvert is a different ball game

1 Like

Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by Dasherz(f): 7:52am On Nov 20, 2017
that' s quite an overstatement @ bold i love being an introvert as I have learned to love it

@italized i need people like that in ma life and just letting the in is quite a challenge as i am more on the reserved side
kabie:

U must be someone who lets people think being an introvert is awful.u don't need friends jst keep people who u can learn from or means a lot to u close the others are fake
Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by Nobody: 7:52am On Nov 20, 2017
Darkseid:
There is only one thing in this life that I would trade my introversion for and that thing is 'nothing'. Because I don't talk much and always talk sense when I do, people respect me like I'm some kind of demigod. Extroversion sucks in my opinion.

Conceit....

1 Like

Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by swayflow: 7:59am On Nov 20, 2017
I am not sure the writer is an introvert, he/she makes it look like intoverts are mentally disturbed... Extroverts are the party every night, hangout with friends all the time, always full of life kind of people... Introverts like me just like quiet time to themselves, don't really care about things that don't need to be cared about (my life example) most times their friends and girlfriends are extroverts because (from my life point of view) those fun friends are the easiest way for them to let loose, have fun and have a little ray of sunshine on their forehead...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by Sewgon79(m): 8:00am On Nov 20, 2017
able88:
in 6-words summary, "don't try to be someone else"

If my introverted temperament freaks you out, then get the hell outta my life

My fellow introverts should identify by clicking the "LIKE" button

I think you have a point

2 Likes

Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by Atlantia(f): 8:00am On Nov 20, 2017
Alright.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by Sewgon79(m): 8:04am On Nov 20, 2017
kingasap:

introversion is not a disease. please leave us like that.

God cannot make everybody same way, we are created with different color, race, culture, likewise character and behavioral.
Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by Nobody: 8:06am On Nov 20, 2017
Please leave us alone. We like ourselves like that!

1 Like

Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by Nobody: 8:07am On Nov 20, 2017
Greatidonis:

Real introverts don't get bored we somehow have a way of been comfortable even when all alone.
That's what the extroverts don't understand. you don't have to be around people to be happy. Intoverts are usually engaged with activities that make them happy when they are alone.

1 Like

Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by Sewgon79(m): 8:11am On Nov 20, 2017
MrThisandthat:
Hello darlings,
How do you do today? I'll take it that you are doing great.

I come bearing good news to those of you who believe in partial or total withdrawal from people and and environment(the introverts). I may know not if you were born that way or if it's due to some circumstances in your past but I put it to you that people around have a problem with you because you're unpredictable and may seem as a threat to them.
However, temperaments are what make up our personality for without them one might not be able to distinguish one human from another. These temperaments may exist singly or multiply in one person but the ability to take control of it is the wheeling power we possess as humans.
Although,it can be difficult to admit to yourself that you maybe an introvert because you have a "spoonful" of friends. Let me give you a few suggestions that might aid you in identifying who you truly are.

- you enjoy having time to yourself because your best thinking occurs when you're by yourself.
-you're the last to raise your hand when someone asks for something from a group
-you often wear headphones when you're in a public situation
-you receive more calls,texts and emails than you make, unless you have no choice.

If you are nodding through all these suggestions, then you might as well be the person I'm talking to. Being an introvert definitely has its advantages because you enjoy reflecting on your own thoughts, you'll be less likely to get bored when you're alone than someone who needs constant social stimulation. But then again, the pros begin to out weigh the cons.

People who don't know you might think you're aloof or that you feel superior to them. You begin to get labelled as weird or snobby and a lot of negative traits are ascribed to you. You may often get overlooked and it's difficult to blend in a noisy extroverted world. The worst is that you may begin to sink into depression because your thoughts begin to lead you and before you get to notice, the psychiatrist is already draining you with lessons that are as good as useless at that point.

In order not to get too extreme, you should allow yourself, giving yourself permission to be a little more open in revealing your thoughts and feelings and this may help you make the best of both worlds.
Above all, talk to someone sometimes, get a friend or a couple of extroverted friends or even a pet. Just get close to something because we all need somebody to lean on!!!

Yours truly,
SassyNIGERIAN for

AnotherNIGERIAN's Blog

Source: http://www.anothernigerian.com/2017/11/letter-to-introverts-from-sassynigerian.html?m=1

I will start by commending your writing, well structure with varieties of point. Seriously I will say you have talent, my advice don't waste it where it won't be use. Now to your write-up, my advice is that no matter how, who or what people may be, don't try to bend them, but try and blend in to their life. Getting to know them deep might change your perception of who they really are.Have a wonderful day

2 Likes

Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 20, 2017
MrThisandthat:
Hello darlings,

I come bearing good news to those of you who believe in partial or total withdrawal from people and and environment(the introverts). I may know not if you were born that way or if it's due to some circumstances in your past but I put it to you that people around have a problem with you because you're unpredictable and may seem as a threat to them.

However, temperaments are what make up our personality for without them one might not be able to distinguish one human from another. These temperaments may exist singly or multiply in one person but the ability to take control of it is the wheeling power we possess as humans. Although,it can be difficult to admit to yourself that you maybe an introvert because you have a "spoonful" of friends.

People who don't know you might think you're aloof or that you feel superior to them. You begin to get labelled as weird or snobby and a lot of negative traits are ascribed to you. You may often get overlooked and it's difficult to blend in a noisy extroverted world. The worst is that you may begin to sink into depression because your thoughts begin to lead you and before you get to notice, the psychiatrist is already draining you with lessons that are as good as useless at that point.

In order not to get too extreme, you should allow yourself, giving yourself permission to be a little more open in revealing your thoughts and feelings and this may help you make the best of both worlds.
Above all, talk to someone sometimes, get a friend or a couple of extroverted friends or even a pet. Just get close to something because we all need somebody to lean on!!!

Well said! However, it is always good to be oneself and not try to force oneself to fit in where one does not belong. Introvert or Extrovert, people will always talk. An introvert shouldn't be influenced by what others say. If an introvert is comfortable opening up to others, then he/she should do so and if otherwise, then he/she shouldn't try to change who he/she is because of what others say or feel about him/her.

I'm proud to be an introvert. I love myself the way I am. smiley
Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by Bizzysmitty(m): 8:14am On Nov 20, 2017
Must every one be an extrovert? Please leave us jare!

2 Likes

Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by Sewgon79(m): 8:17am On Nov 20, 2017
Dasherz:

Hello, there are people like you out here, here is me.08063920026

I am an introvert and i love being one

1 Like

Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by encryptjay(m): 8:19am On Nov 20, 2017
In this country where people are not ready to understand people.
Introverts are the most misunderstood people walking this Earth.
There are times were thoughts will just fill your head and you'd get stressed out.
Some people think you're backward not knowing you're way ahead.
Avoid thinking too much about things that are not really worth it because they could mess with your head.

2 Likes

Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by BiafraIShere(m): 8:20am On Nov 20, 2017
able88:
in 6-words summary, "don't try to be someone else"

If my introverted temperament freaks you out, then get the hell outta my life

My fellow introverts should identify by clicking the "LIKE" button
The funny thing is that majority of nairaland members are actually introverted, they spend several hours online rather than mingle with others. I'm equally introverted but I also socialize when it's absolutely necessary or when I'm excited. I thank God for being introverted because I would probably have been poor if I was extroverted, a lot of things I do that earns money for me were possible because of solitary moments of brainstorming and even now I still need to be alone most times to work. Sometimes when I'm busy and friends will come visiting me in the office, I'll only hope they would go as soon as possible so I can concentrate shocked shocked

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award / Differences Between A Short Story, Novelette, Novella, & A Novel / Achebe’s "Things Fall Apart" Named In Bbc’s 100 Stories That Shaped The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.