Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,048 members, 7,810,874 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian (14140 Views)

Quiet: The Power Of Introverts In World That Talks Too Much / Letter To The Extroverts, From Sassynigerian / Letter To The Grudgeful Soul From Anothernigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by danchuzzy(m): 8:29am On Nov 20, 2017
Darkseid:
There is only one thing in this life that I would trade my introversion for and that thing is 'nothing'. Because I don't talk much and always talk sense when I do, people respect me like I'm some kind of demigod. Extroversion sucks in my opinion.

She has no idea...

@OP

Most introverts don't care about the things people think.

So let them be!!!

All these extroverts that think it's their responsibility to change peoples temperamental inclinations abi na orientation sef.

Mtchewwww.... angry

2 Likes

Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by mexzony: 8:30am On Nov 20, 2017
majekdom2:
That's what the extroverts don't understand. you don't have to be around people to be happy. Intoverts are usually engaged with activities that make them happy when they are alone.
Thank you for this statement. It's only in nigeria where being an introvert is a crime against humanity.
If only people understood the raw power behind being a introvert they would not talk or think the way they do.
We have so many arsenals but we don't unleash them just for the sake of doing so.
Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by danchuzzy(m): 8:33am On Nov 20, 2017
mexzony:

Thank you for this statement. It's only in nigeria where being an introvert is a crime against humanity.
If only people understood the raw power behind being a introvert they would not talk or think the way they do.
We have so many arsenals but we don't unleash them just for the sake of doing so.

@bolded, so true...

It's not only in Nigeria, it's everywhere.

The world in general favours extroversion.

The balance is always tilting in their favour.

1 Like

Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by Sewgon79(m): 8:36am On Nov 20, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Well said! However, it is always good to be oneself and not try to force oneself to fit in where one does not belong. Introvert or Extrovert, people will always talk. An introvert shouldn't be influenced by what others say. If an introvert is comfortable opening up to others, then he/she should do so and if otherwise, then he/she shouldn't try to change who he/she is because of what others say or feel about him/her.

I'm proud to be an introvert. I love myself the way I am. smiley

Hey girl, I like this let get to know each other. I am an introvert and i love being one
Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by codemaniacs: 8:37am On Nov 20, 2017
kk

2 Likes

Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by danchuzzy(m): 8:39am On Nov 20, 2017
codemaniacs:

the person who wrote the article is an introvert.... anyone who spends most of their time online is 70% an introvert.

Errrrrr... *scratches head*

She must be extroverted somewhat, particularly Choleric.

You can ask her.
Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by swiz123(m): 8:41am On Nov 20, 2017
Like the poster above, most nairalanders are introverts.

Do not be too introverted or extroverted, just try to maintain the balance.

I am introverted but I mingle with those I consider useful to me. I can't just go out and start blabbing about things that doesn't make sense.

Ps:most introverts become extroverts when they are with friends.

4 Likes

Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by codemaniacs: 8:48am On Nov 20, 2017
kk
Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by HeyCorleone(m): 8:49am On Nov 20, 2017
These days I like to see myself more as an "Antisocial Extrovert".
Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by TEYA: 8:53am On Nov 20, 2017
able88:
in 6-words summary, "don't try to be someone else"

If my introverted temperament freaks you out, then get the hell outta my life

My fellow introverts should identify by clicking the "LIKE" button
I am saying the same thing over here dude. Is it not funny how some people expect everyone to be an extrovert like them? Some even tried to teach me how to be an extrovert as they claimed it is not possible to make it in life as an introvert. I love who I am.

1 Like

Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by Marley1993: 8:55am On Nov 20, 2017
Am an introvert and nice write up tho it helped a bit
Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by lebete3000: 8:55am On Nov 20, 2017
able88:
in 6-words summary, "don't try to be someone else"

If my introverted temperament freaks you out, then get the hell outta my life

My fellow introverts should identify by clicking the "LIKE" button

I dey feel jarey my guy!
Oya take 5!
The greatest problem most people have with me is not actually my introverted nature but my awkward social skills. This issue end up getting me depressed and eventually sometimes crawl back into my shell.
Being an introvert isn't the problem really but not being cool with people or able to flow easily is where the problem starts.

2 Likes

Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by lebete3000: 8:59am On Nov 20, 2017
Once you can flow with people easily no one cares if you're introverted or extroverted.
Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by Ashley86400: 9:00am On Nov 20, 2017
I'm an introvert and I'm comfortable with who I am.
Everything listed here defines my temperament and even more.
I'll stand for introverts like me and say the following :
- Introverts (or the melancholics) are usually alone in their heads than being out and loud. Sometimes it's not even a preference, it's just the way we are wired. It's not that we can't speak out more and mingle but we do it with a much lesser frequency than extroverts. We tend to think 90% and speak 10%. Someone asked me to define a very good day in my world. I told him it would include me being at home alone reading a very good novel/magazine ,watching sports, documentaries or playing video games.
It's not like introverts are completely "anti-social", we do go out on events and hang out with friends but it is usually at a lesser frequency than extroverts. Its just too mentally exhausting to keep going out in public for one thing or another. And when we do go out, it is usually because we "have" to, not because we particularly want to -perhaps it's in form of our jobs or it's just a compulsory event to attend.
Throughout my 4 years in Unilag, I only went clubbing thrice, and each time, it was to attend a friend's birthday. My friends on the other hand went clubbling at least twice a week.Weekends were usually booked for them. It just shows how different our temperaments were. My friends usually said depending on my mood I'm either the most quiet/boring person you ever met or the most funny/craziest. However,only my friends thought this way because of the familiarity we had as they tended to watch me switch between my on/off moments regularly. Other course mates, who just knew me but were not close to me thought I was a snub or just weird. This even made them nominate me as "the weirdest girl" in the class, which thankfully, I didn't win. Basically, I didn't care what they thought, but I wasn't looking forward to placing a wooden award celebrating my "weirdness" on my mantle especially when I know I'm not weird.

If the world was a big party, extroverts would be the usual life of the party, moving from one table to another and having the time of their lives. Introverts on the other hand would be the ones who sit on the same table in a party, probably in a corner, away from the lights while watching the extroverts do their thing- most people mistaken this as introverts being shy, but the truth is we're just bored.
We introverts cherish our privacy a lot. Because going out in public completely takes us out of our comfort zone.

- If you see us raising our hands up last in class, it's basically because we don't want to jump into conclusions / or we find too much drama in expressive competition. Sometimes, we avoid raising up our hands for fear that we might be wrong. Introverts find it harder dealing with failure, embarrassment and rejection more than extroverts,who easily bounce back up. There's just no point. Sometimes my teacher/lecturer would have to personally point at me to get an answer.

- Music is primary for me, I've thrown tantrums at having my ear-piece stolen or spoilt than other personal stuff of mine. Music blocks out the activities of the world for every minute you listen to them. Being an introvert (melancholy) means we get lots of mood swings that we can't control. Basically we have an invisible on/off switch. Sometimes we're in the mood to talk a little or talk a lot, sometimes we don't want to talk at all. People might see it as a diss or being snobbish,but it's not. Our switches might just be off at that moment. Most times we don't even know why our moods change, sometimes our moods change because of things that happen to/around us, but most times there's no reason. They just do.
In a crowded place, I usually plug my ears to escape the noise or sometimes to avoid meeting new people or to discourage people from talking to me. I can't keep telling everyone I'm not in the mood for a chat, so I usually hope most people can get the situation and avoid me, still some of them (especially) extroverts will put out my ear-piece and shout something into my ear, lol.

-Unless, something very important is happening, I hardly make or receive calls or text. Emails keep flowing in- I can't control that. But it doesn't mean I'm not active on the internet. I would even say introverts are more cyber-junkies than extroverts. We surf and search for relative things to keep our interests up - latest games, forums (for me Reddit, Nairaland, Quora etc) ,I'm a female who loves sports (especially football) so I'm always looking up stuff from fixtures, to matches, to pundits reviews and back again. .I communicate with my phone than with actual people.

Its important to note that introverts are dreamers - we dream and imagine a lot more than the average person. This means we stay in our heads a lot. Dreaming brings about creativity.Creativity brings invention. The most creative minds in the world, wether for good or bad were introverts and they all noted that they had their moments of revelation (creativity) when they were alone - Newton, Gates, Jobs, Zukerberg, Ghandi, Einstein, Galileo,Picasso, DaVinci were all introverts, even Hitler was described as a child/teenager as being shy and introverted.Most of the most versatile actors and artistes are actually introverts. Johnny Depp, Daniel Radcliffe, Christian Bale, Emma Stone ,Al Pacino, Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj,T.I . .being introverts helps them to easily glide in and out of a character or behaviour that is the complete opposite of who they are.

There are a lot more notable things about introverts but I'll stop here.
But if you meet introverts, don't think they're snubs or proud, talk to them ,strike up a conversation and get to know them, you might even be surprised they talk a lot when being broached about particular topics.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by able88(m): 9:05am On Nov 20, 2017
lebete3000:

I dey feel jarey my guy!
Oya take 5!
The greatest problem most people have with me is not actually my introverted nature but my awkward social skills. This issue end up getting me depressed and eventually sometimes crawl back into my shell.
Being an introvert isn't the problem really but not being cool with people or able to flow easily is where the problem starts.
they should accept you the way you are.
make them understand that you're an unrepentant introvert and nothing can change that and then they'll got to live by it.
shekina...
Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by Ifejiswag(m): 9:22am On Nov 20, 2017
People jubge us(introverts) based on how they interact wit us I dnt like big crowds,parties nt because i'm arrogant or aloof its merely because i like real conversations one amazing thing@ mrthisandthat u forget to list there abt introverts we r so easy to confide in

1 Like

Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by Sewgon79(m): 9:46am On Nov 20, 2017
LadyGoddiva:
Please leave us alone. We like ourselves like that!

Hey bae, whatup
Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by Sewgon79(m): 9:48am On Nov 20, 2017
snowblaq:

Funny enough... You just described me... Wow.

Hey bae, let get to know each other. It seems we have things in common. Probably maybe we could be good together (08063920026)
Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by IhateRetards: 9:58am On Nov 20, 2017
Greatidonis:

Real introverts don't get bored we somehow have a way of been comfortable even when all alone.

True like me I neva get bored nd I always have something to do

Ifejiswag:
People jubge us(introverts) based on how they interact wit us I dnt like big crowds,parties nt because i'm arrogant or aloof its merely because i like real conversations one amazing thing@ mrthisandthat u forget to list there abt introverts we r so easy to confide in
True nd most introverts have problem solving skills nd we don't blab anyhow and whenever we speak we make sense diee
Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by EngrMcDon(m): 9:59am On Nov 20, 2017
Long Live Introverts. May we prosper in all our peaceful endeavour.
Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by naija2(f): 10:05am On Nov 20, 2017
Being an introvert is not always fun. I am one and one thing I would like to do is to go out more, but when I get the opportunity, I am either bored or I look for a reason not to go. We spend more time in our head than we do with people. We dream a lot which is nice because that way, we actually think of so many ideas we want to achieve but the issue there is that does Who are extreme introverts find it a little hard to achieves those dreams because of their fear of the outside world. Some times introverts are ruled by fear of what is outside.

1 Like

Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by SmartyPants(m): 10:10am On Nov 20, 2017
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

Good read until I got to the psychiatrist part...I believe you meant psychologist.

Even at that for this Nigeria or when we don jand?

Psychiatrist is correct.
Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by naija2(f): 10:14am On Nov 20, 2017
Ashley86400:
- Someone asked me to define a very good day in my world. I told him it would include me being at home alone reading a very good novel/magazine or watching documentaries.
It's not like introverts are completely "anti-social", we don't go out on events and hang out with friends but it is usually at a lesser frequency than extroverts,its just too mentally exhausting to keep going out in public for one thing our other other. And when we do go out, it is usually because we "have" to, not because we particularly want to- perhaps it comes with the job or it's a compulsory event to attend.
Throughout my 4 years in unilag, I only went clubbing thrice, and each time, it was to attend a friend's birthday. My friends on the other hand when clubbling at least twice a week.Weekends were usually booked for them. It just show how different our temperaments are.
If the world was a big party, extroverts would be the usual life of the party, moving from one table to another and having the time of their lives.Intorverts on the other hand would be the ones who sit on the same table in a party, probably in a corner, away from the lights while watching the extroverts do their thing- most people mistaken this as introverts being shy, but the truth is we're just bored.
We introverts cherish our privacy a lot. Because going out in public completely takes us out of our comfort zone.

- If you see us raising our hands up last in class, it's basically because we don't want to jump into conclusions / or we find too much drama in expressive competition. There's just no point. Sometimes my teacher would have to personally point at me to get an answer.

- Music is primary for me, I've thrown tantrums at having my ear-piece stolen or spoilt than other personal stuff of mine. Music blocks out the activities of the world for every minute you listen to them. Being an introvert (melancholy) means we get lots of mood swings that we can't control. Basically we have an invisible on/off switch. Sometimes we're in the mood to talk a little or talk a lot, sometimes we don't wan to talk at all. People might see it as a diss or being snobbish, it's not. Our switches might just be off in that moment. Most times we don't even know why our moods change, sometimes our moods change because of things that happen to/around us, but most times there's no reason. They just do.
In a crowded place, I usually plug my ears to escape the noise or sometimes to discourage people from talking to me. I can't keep telling everyone I'm not in the mood for a chat, so I usually hope most people can get the situation and avoid me, still some of them (especially) extroverts will put out your ear-piece and shout something into your ear, lol.

-Unless, something very important is happening, I hardly make or receive calls or text. Emails keep flow in in- I can't control that. But it doesn't mean I'm not active on the internet. I would even say introverts are more cyber-junkies than extroverts. We surf and search for relative things to keep our interests up - latest games, forums for me Reddit, Nairaland, Quota etc) ,I'm a sports lover (especially football) so I'm always looking up stuff from fixtures, to matches, to pundits reviews and back again. .I communicate with my phone than with actual people.

There are a lot more notable things about introverts but I'll stop here. But if you meet introverts, don't think they're snubs or proud, talk to them ,strike up a conversation and get to know them, you might even be surprised they talk a lot when being broached about particular topics.
You just discribed me now. During my 4years in Unilag, I never went to a club. I felt if I wanted a drink, I can have it in my room and when I feel a little out of it, my bed is there to accommodate me immediately. Last thing I would want is for me to go to a club and embarrass myself. No introvert likes to be embarrassed and that’s why they like to observe a situation before they contribute to it.

2 Likes

Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by BruncleZuma: 10:15am On Nov 20, 2017
SmartyPants:

Psychiatrist is correct.
Okay, thanks.
Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by kingzjay(m): 10:29am On Nov 20, 2017
kingasap:

introversion is not a disease. please leave us like that.

I don surrender oh smiley
Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by junnaiskye(f): 10:35am On Nov 20, 2017
All I know is right from when I can remember,
I hated going out
I hated meeting new people
I hated making contributions in class, church etc
I loved being on my own
I loved lying in bed either reading, surfing the internet or watching tv.

Being an introvert doesn't mean you are a social outcast.
It doesn't mean you have psychological issues.

It simply means you ain't comfortable being around too many people.

I'm 19 and I've never been to a cinema, party, club etc.
When I'm ready to go, I'll do it alone.

I do have friends but I find it hard keeping in touch with them cos I hardly call and I don't chat them up.

People normally say I'm egocentric but that's cos they don't get me.

I really wish the world would understand introverts.

2 Likes

Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by lebete3000: 10:52am On Nov 20, 2017
able88:

they should accept you the way you are.
make them understand that you're an unrepentant introvert and nothing can change that and then they'll got to live by it.
shekina...

you dont get my drift, people dont actually have a problem with my introversy, they only have a problem when i feel awkward around them because of my nervousness.

i've come to realize that the only way they can take me for who i am is to feel comfortable in my own skin.
depression dey kill me most times due to my low self esteem,though that isn't the reason for my introversy tho.

1 Like

Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by Sewgon79(m): 10:55am On Nov 20, 2017
Ashley86400:
- Introverts are usually alone in their heads than being out and loud. Sometimes it's not even a preference, it's just the way we are wired. It's not that we can't speak out more and mingle but we do it with a much lesser frequency than extroverts. We tend to think 90% and speak 10%. Someone asked me to define a very good day in my world. I told him it would include me being at home alone reading a very good novel/magazine ,watching documentarie or playing video games.
It's not like introverts are completely "anti-social", we do go out on events and hang out with friends but it is usually at a lesser frequency than extroverts,its just too mentally exhausting to keep going out in public for one thing or another. And when we do go out, it is usually because we "have" to, not because we particularly want to -perhaps it's in form of our jobs or it's ajust a compulsory event to attend.
Throughout my 4 years in Unilag, I only went clubbing thrice, and each time, it was to attend a friend's birthday. My friends on the other hand when clubbling at least twice a week.Weekends were usually booked for them. It just shows how different our temperaments are. My friends usually said depending on my mood I'm either the most boring person you ever met or the most funny. It all depends on my mood at the time.
If the world was a big party, extroverts would be the usual life of the party, moving from one table to another and having the time of their lives. Intorverts on the other hand would be the ones who sit on the same table in a party, probably in a corner, away from the lights while watching the extroverts do their thing- most people mistaken this as introverts being shy, but the truth is we're just bored.

- If you see us raising our hands up last in class, it's basically because we don't want to jump into conclusions / or we find too much drama in expressive competition. Sometimes, we avoid raising up our hands for fear that we might be wrong. Introverts find it harder dealing with failure, embarrassment and rejection more than extroverts,who easily bounce back up. There's just no point. Sometimes my teacher/lecturer would have to personally point at me to get an answer.

- Music is primary for me, I've thrown tantrums at having my ear-piece stolen or spoilt than other personal stuff of mine. Music blocks out the activities of the world for every minute you listen to them. Being an introvert (melancholy) means we get lots of mood swings that we can't control. Basically we have an invisible on/off switch. Sometimes we're in the mood to talk a little or talk a lot, sometimes we don't want to talk at all. People might see it as a diss or being snobbish,but it's not. Our switches might just be off at that moment. Most times we don't even know why our moods change, sometimes our moods change because of things that happen to/around us, but most times there's no reason. They just do.
In a crowded place, I usually plug my ears to escape the noise or sometimes to avoid meeting new people or to discourage people from talking to me. I can't keep telling everyone I'm not in the mood for a chat, so I usually hope most people can get the situation and avoid me, still some of them (especially) extroverts will put out my ear-piece and shout something into my ear, lol.

-Unless, something very important is happening, I hardly make or receive calls or text. Emails keep flow in in- I can't control that. But it doesn't mean I'm not active on the internet. I would even say introverts are more cyber-junkies than extroverts. We surf and search for relative things to keep our interests up - latest games, forums (for me Reddit, Nairaland, Quota etc) ,I'm a female who loves sports (especially football) so I'm always looking up stuff from fixtures, to matches, to pundits reviews and back again. .I communicate with my phone than with actual people.

Its important to note that introverts are dreamers - we dream and imagine a lot more than the average person. This means we stay in our heads a lot. Dreaming brings about creativity.The most creative minds in the world, wether for good or bad were introverts and they all noted that they had their moments of revelation (creativity) when they were alone - Newton, Gates, Jobs, Zukerberg, Ghandi, Einstein, Galileo,Picasso, DaVinci were all introverts, even Hitler was described as a child/teenager as being shy and introverted.Most of the most versatile actors and artistes are actually introverts. Johnny Depp, Daniel Radcliffe, Christian Bale, Emma Stone ,Al Pacino, Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj,T.I . .being introverts helps them to easily glide in and out of a character or behaviour that is the complete opposite of who they are.

There are a lot more notable things about introverts but I'll stop here.
But if you meet introverts, don't think they're snubs or proud, talk to them ,strike up a conversation and get to know them, you might even be surprised they talk a lot when being broached about particular topics.

babe you are just all over the 'description', i dont think any other person can do better than what you just did. i love this, you are the bomb. To me you kill it all.

Never mind i wouldn't mind know you. I am an introvert and very popular one, cuz a lot of people call me different names. By the way here is me whatapp(08063920026) , facebook Id (tajudeen.olusegun.56)
Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:59am On Nov 20, 2017
jobaltol:
Op, i believe you are trying to turn introverts into ambiverts....
Brooding over some issues alone can make one to be a perfect suicide candidate...please if you are out there, drowning in your thoughts...kindly talk to someone ....a problem is half solved when shared

I am an ambivert. When I'm with people I'm very comfortable with, I'm an extrovert but when I'm in the midst of strangers or those I don't flow with, I'm an introvert.

When I'm alone, enjoying my ME time, I'm an extrovert! Singing and dancing aloud!
Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by lebete3000: 11:00am On Nov 20, 2017
naija2:
Being an introvert is not always fun. I am one and one thing I would like to do is to go out more, but when I get the opportunity, I am either bored or I look for a reason not to go. We spend more time in our head than we do with people. We dream a lot which is nice because that way, we actually think of so many ideas we want to achieve but the issue there is that does Who are extreme introverts find it a little hard to achieves those dreams because of their fear of the outside world. Some times introverts are ruled by fear of what is outside.

Is that you in your picture? If so then you really look cute & lovely.
You're my kinda girl.
Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:02am On Nov 20, 2017
celestialAgent:
Depression, Really?

There is no way that is happening with my keeness to online multiplayer gaming, YouTube/Instagram interaction, etc. I might be silent in person, but when i’m alone with my console or the internet, i’m A beast.

Intoversion get grade abeg!

God bless you my brother. So long as there's internet connection on my phone. Boredom? For where?
Re: Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian by Sewgon79(m): 11:07am On Nov 20, 2017
naija2:

You just discribed me now. During my 4years in Unilag, I never went to a club. I felt if I wanted a drink, I can have it in my room and when I feel a little out of it, my bed is there to accommodate me immediately. Last thing I would want is for me to go to a club and embarrass myself. No introvert likes to be embarrassed and that’s why they like to observe a situation before they contribute to it.

I think if people dont take us for who we are, probably maybe we should make friends around ourself. I am an introvert and i love who i am, proudly one. If you want to hang out, i am here (0806390026)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award / Differences Between A Short Story, Novelette, Novella, & A Novel / Achebe’s "Things Fall Apart" Named In Bbc’s 100 Stories That Shaped The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.