Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,146 members, 7,815,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Daddy Freeze Commends Pope For Donating Lamborghini To Charity, Slams Pastors - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daddy Freeze Commends Pope For Donating Lamborghini To Charity, Slams Pastors (32110 Views)

Man Sets Russian Church On Fire Because His Wife Kept Donating To It (Photos) / Pastor Fatoyinbo: Igbos Find It Difficult Donating Money To Churches / Stephen Rathod: Pastor Adeboye Donates 60% Of His Income To Charity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daddy Freeze Commends Pope For Donating Lamborghini To Charity, Slams Pastors by Ubenedictus(m): 10:01pm On Nov 24, 2017
bionixs:
how old is catholic church and what is their population? How old and what is the population of those churches you look down on? Going by their sizes and income capacity, you will discover that their charity have dwarfed catholic just in less than 30 years. Big fish should fetch big wood and small fish,small wood. When tithe and offering are paid to smaller churches, it becomes scam .does the money catholic church spend drop from heaven? It is only in catholic church I saw a dead man being tasked to pay up accumulated dues through his sorrowful surviving family member before he could be buried. should it be other churches which don't do that, NL would be raining curses on pastors. you can't do God's work without money. No church compel people to pay tithes,it is a matter of choice. It is the duty of the pastors to preach it. I can't live without it. If the reverend stops it,I will go and pay it to other churches

Catholic Church is 2000yrs old, 1.1 billion members.

the Vatican run charity caritas alone spends 2-4 billion dollars annually on charity, the us bishops spends over 10 billion annually on charity, not to talk about the Jesuits or the rev sisters or the bishops of Europe and Africa. I didn't look down on ur churches I simply responded a post that says the pope is a new comer in charity... that is silly.

the last time I checked the Catholic Church doesn't have dues talkless of compelling dues...,only voluntary organization within the Nigerian Catholic church levy agreed upon dues, and that money doesn't go to the Church, it is used within those organizations. if a member is celebrating or late and has lapsed in his dues the organization may ask the priest talk about it with the family but a priest forbidden from denying any sacrament or burial on the basis of money
Re: Daddy Freeze Commends Pope For Donating Lamborghini To Charity, Slams Pastors by bionixs: 2:44am On Nov 25, 2017
Ubenedictus:

Catholic Church is 2000yrs old, 1.1 billion members.

the Vatican run charity caritas alone spends 2-4 billion dollars annually on charity, the us bishops spends over 10 billion annually on charity, not to talk about the Jesuits or the rev sisters or the bishops of Europe and Africa. I didn't look down on ur churches I simply responded a post that says the pope is a new comer in charity... that is silly.

the last time I checked the Catholic Church doesn't have dues talkless of compelling dues...,only voluntary organization within the Nigerian Catholic church levy agreed upon dues, and that money doesn't go to the Church, it is used within those organizations. if a member is celebrating or late and has lapsed in his dues the organization may ask the priest talk about it with the family but a priest forbidden from denying any sacrament or burial on the basis of money
you are smart but how does catholic raise the billions she spends?
Re: Daddy Freeze Commends Pope For Donating Lamborghini To Charity, Slams Pastors by bencr7: 3:17am On Nov 25, 2017
Igboblog:
The pastors will never learn from the pope, all they are good at is extorting money from the poor masses.
learn from which pope someone that say atheist will go to heaven,pope that pray to Mary the goddess queen of heaven more the creator and his son Jesus Christ our lord and savior
Re: Daddy Freeze Commends Pope For Donating Lamborghini To Charity, Slams Pastors by excel123: 3:51am On Nov 25, 2017
Re: Daddy Freeze Commends Pope For Donating Lamborghini To Charity, Slams Pastors by Dnaz(m): 4:49am On Nov 25, 2017
bionixs:

Did u not hear Voluntary donations?
Re: Daddy Freeze Commends Pope For Donating Lamborghini To Charity, Slams Pastors by Ubenedictus(m): 11:43am On Nov 25, 2017
efficiencie:

grin grin grin does he have to have a private jet to be a clergy man that lives an obvious extravagant life! Just typing vatican's wealth into the google search engine shows Roman Catholics: The Vatican's Wealth. Bankers' best guesses about the Vatican's wealth put it at $10 billion to $15 billion. ...what is the Vatican doing with such a horde!? If you must point fingers against men of God and churches that have enormous wealth at their disposal then why leave out the Vatican?

In the words of Jesus Himself John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
Vatican wealth isn't Pope's wealth, the same Vatican with 10 billion spends BTW 2-4 billion dollars yearly on charity. That money is Church money even the pope can't spend it on himself. I'll be happy to accuse the pope too if he personally had or spent such money but of course I know he doesn't have access to it because it is held by the institute of religious work for charity.

what does ur pastors do with what they own?
Re: Daddy Freeze Commends Pope For Donating Lamborghini To Charity, Slams Pastors by efficiencie(m): 2:04pm On Nov 25, 2017
Ubenedictus:
Vatican wealth isn't Pope's wealth, the same Vatican with 10 billion spends BTW 2-4 billion dollars yearly on charity. That money is Church money even the pope can't spend it on himself. I'll be happy to accuse the pope too if he personally had or spent such money but of course I know he doesn't have access to it because it is held by the institute of religious work for charity.

what does ur pastors do with what they own?

Institute of religious work indeed...such a horde of cash is mind boggling! I am not challenging the Vatican it is you challenging people who got their wealth through gifts from many who were gave of their own free will...What a man does with his wealth is not your business provided what he does does not conflict with your fundamental human right...

...and for your information, these men have done and are still doing a lot with their wealth. If they do it in the open for you to see, people like you will call them showy and if they do it in the secret people like you will call them conmen...Jude 1:8; Jude 1:10
Re: Daddy Freeze Commends Pope For Donating Lamborghini To Charity, Slams Pastors by bionixs: 3:14pm On Nov 25, 2017
Dnaz:

Did u not hear Voluntary donations?
which church had ever made offering or tithe involuntary? the clergy or pastor emphasizes on the need to do all God said in the bible but you single out the tithe just to ridicule them. in my church,my own pastor talks more of pleasing God and winning souls for Christ all the time. but the little time he talks of giving,I makes front page on NL. all the soul winning and living sin free life messages are filtered off so as to enable accuser call him robber.haven't heard of any church that compel members to pay any dues. Its even only Catholic church that something like that is obtainable but am shocked that you denied it. when paying tithe became a taboo in the bible as you guys make it to be is what I don't know. those who take care of you spiritually should be taken care of with our material things. God asked me to pay my tithe but didn't ask me to monitor how the tithe is used. tithe is not a free will offering, funds raised from launching or a donation. we GIVE offering(by choice) but but we PAY tithe because it is God's own portion of what he gave to us and it belongs to the priests. who are we to regulate how it should be paid. when Moslems who know little or nothing of what the bible says on number of issues start castigating Christianity, we join them. but when you want to address their mistakes, they will go against you. They are more serious and wiser in what they believe. Christians are not serious. Don't think those of us who believe tithe are as stupid are as you take us to be.You don't expect a pastor who shepherds many billionaires in his church to be poor or live in a hut just to make you guys happy . I personally won't be proud to have my priest jump from okada to danfo or drive rickety car whereas I have many exotic cars,I won't be that wicked as many us would like to have them. many of them put people on scholarships,build businesses of helpless members without announcing it to the world to hear yet many who don't know about all these would hypocritically come on social platforms to castigate them on what they don't know. let us tell ourselves the bitter truth,where in the bible is it the duty of the pastors or priests to feed the poor or carter for their financial needs? yet they do their own parts because they too are Christians,irrespective of the fact that they are priests. if I tell you how many people make free will donations to the pastor on daily bases, you won't know. a man bought a Range rover jeep 2016 model in 2016 and gave it to a pastor on his birthday without asking for it because of the spiritual and physical pivotal role he played in his life when he was nobody. it wasn't announced but people who sees him use it would be saying all manner of ill things against him as if he stole from them. when a woman broke a bottle of costly perfume and rubbed it on Jesus, I know what hypocrites said and what Christ answered them. There must always be poor among us. I broke the chain of lack in my life by giving and paying my tithe(I mean, me) I don't know about someone else. that was a secret my father passed to us. Making progress is one thing and preserving it is something else. I works for me and our family , I don't know about others. this is the reason why when people talk against it,I laugh. if they stop preaching it,I personally would stop paying. it works like fire for me.
Re: Daddy Freeze Commends Pope For Donating Lamborghini To Charity, Slams Pastors by Ubenedictus(m): 9:04pm On Nov 25, 2017
bionixs:
the Catholic church has been around for 2000yrs, donations, offerings etc are reinvested by the Church and used as an source of income.
Re: Daddy Freeze Commends Pope For Donating Lamborghini To Charity, Slams Pastors by Ubenedictus(m): 9:12pm On Nov 25, 2017
efficiencie:

Institute of religious work indeed...such a horde of cash is mind boggling! I am not challenging the Vatican it is you challenging people who got their wealth through gifts from many who were gave of their own free will...What a man does with his wealth is not your business provided what he does does not conflict with your fundamental human right...

...and for your information, these men have done and are still doing a lot with their wealth. If they do it in the open for you to see, people like you will call them showy and if they do it in the secret people like you will call them conmen...Jude 1:8; Jude 1:10
for an organization that spends BTW 2-4 billion yearly on charity, 10 billion in assets isn't mind blogging, if they don't have those assets how do u think they'll do charity.
Re: Daddy Freeze Commends Pope For Donating Lamborghini To Charity, Slams Pastors by PortHarcourtcit(m): 6:12am On Apr 26, 2022

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Stop The Killings - Pope Francis Tells Buhari / The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It / Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.