Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

When Is It Appropriate To Ask For A Salary Raise? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / When Is It Appropriate To Ask For A Salary Raise? (9599 Views)

After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School / 7 Side Hustling You Can Do As A Salary Earner / What Happens When You Quote A Salary Less Than The Position You Are Going For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Is It Appropriate To Ask For A Salary Raise? by Egein(m): 8:49pm On Jan 01, 2018
Samueldodo781:
don't need salary increase. Only need my daily income increase . #Team entrepreneur. Who salary help.
All these ones claiming entrepreneur, una no go shut up dey do una handwork jeje. 20 year old entry-level employees in Shell and Total dey collect 1.5m a month, and you dey ask "who salary epp?"
Re: When Is It Appropriate To Ask For A Salary Raise? by maryannasemota: 8:54pm On Jan 01, 2018
**/

How to approach your boss about a raise.
https://www.mysalaryscale.com/blog/approach-boss-raise/

**/
Re: When Is It Appropriate To Ask For A Salary Raise? by Machinegun91(m): 9:05pm On Jan 01, 2018
Any time Bugari step down as Nigeria president
Re: When Is It Appropriate To Ask For A Salary Raise? by jolyment: 9:09pm On Jan 01, 2018
millionboi2:
You are like a slave,
Even when u want to say no u will say yes.

For me

I am being paid 12 times in 365.days.Yet I make money from other sources including consulting jobs.
Re: When Is It Appropriate To Ask For A Salary Raise? by Asour: 9:14pm On Jan 01, 2018
millionboi2:
You are like a slave,
Even when u want to say no u will say yes.

For me
Your picture may sound astute but it could not be more wrong logically.

Even from an entrepreneur's stand point, if you want to cultivate a healthy business culture, it would be harmful to see the business' revenue as your "pay" and continuously take from it at will.

Further more, for most healthy businesses, the entrepreneur puts himself on a pay scale and then if/when necessary, pays himself/other capital contributors a dividend.

In this sense, the number of times he/she may take a pay from the business may still be almost the same — slightly more than — as an employee.

In essence, it is almost certainly unhealthy for any long-term-thinking entrepreneur to take cash from his/her business just because he/she can. If you were to lend or provide equity to business where u you noticed the entrepreneur has unbridled/arbitrary access to the business' funds, would this influence you investment decision ?

Entrepreneurship in and of itself is not a license to spend a business' money at will.
Re: When Is It Appropriate To Ask For A Salary Raise? by Samueldodo781(m): 9:31pm On Jan 01, 2018
Egein:

All these ones claiming entrepreneur, una no go shut up dey do una handwork jeje. 20 year old entry-level employees in Shell and Total dey collect 1.5m a month, and you dey ask "who salary epp?"
Dundee! How many of your brothers or siblings has gotten the opportunity to be employed into Shell or Totall or any of the oil companies even as a gatekeeper... Better go and find one hand work to Learn and stop thinking like a � goat

1 Like

Re: When Is It Appropriate To Ask For A Salary Raise? by Freiburger(m): 10:09pm On Jan 01, 2018
What is job again?
Just Only Broke.
Re: When Is It Appropriate To Ask For A Salary Raise? by Crysthaniel(m): 10:13pm On Jan 01, 2018
Re: When Is It Appropriate To Ask For A Salary Raise? by agarawu23(m): 6:47am On Jan 02, 2018
� lol, I ask every 3 months from by boss then, I always take advantage of him due to my experience and professional way of doing things Cos I am a fast learner which made me be able to control almost all the machines in our company.

I give him different stories all the time of how my salary isn't enough to feed and send home cheesy yeah, he was a nice boss who likes me so much cos I am hardworking. He likes me more than their citizens and I took advantage of him too tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

What To Do If Your Boss Is Incompetent / What Are The Benefit Of ITIL Certification In Nigeria / Must I Study Medicine Or Pharmacology In Order To Sell Drugs In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.