Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,203 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million (46010 Views)

Man Escaping Arrest Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon, Drowns / Boyfriend Of Married Woman Who Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon, Lands In Hospital.Video / Conflicting Reports On Woman That Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon On 3rd Mainland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by MrEdimulo82(m): 6:33pm On Nov 19, 2017
Ayam week

Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 19, 2017
I don't believe this story.
Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 6:44pm On Nov 19, 2017
Insanely funny . .hahahahaha
Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by Ten06(m): 6:45pm On Nov 19, 2017
Just imagine how this guy managed to loose all the money he make from pushing powder all around Asia countries

2 Likes

Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by exlinklodge: 6:47pm On Nov 19, 2017
I don't believe this story at all.

First, if this is true, then is either the buyer stole this money from someone else or he is simply an ingrate ...

Doubts..

1. How can one purchase a land without verifying the C/O? And a land of this scale? Hellooooo?
2. How can one buy this kind of land without involving a lawyer?
3. How can police charge the case to a mere magistrate court? Are u kidding me?
4. How can one pay for a property without even siting it?
5. Why is the case not referred to EFCC
6. This is a fake story jor

2 Likes

Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 19, 2017
aribisala0:

Weell I won't say he is stupid no one knows everything
so he has just paid school fees to update his knowledge in a new specialty.
if he is stupid he would not have made so much money in the first place.
So he must have some brains...............
hmmm......
Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 19, 2017
aribisala0:

Weell I won't say he is stupid no one knows everything
so he has just paid school fees to update his knowledge in a new specialty.
if he is stupid he would not have made so much money in the first place.
So he must have some brains...............
hmmm......
Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by ehispapa(m): 6:48pm On Nov 19, 2017
pascal558:
the score is rising and with about 20youths confirmed dead with a mother also confirmed dead too after news reached her that her son have been killed!Eiye,jewries,aye and malphite have turned edostate to a cementry with the governor folding his hand!!We can't allow this to continue,PROTEST NOW AND SAVE LIVES!!

let those bastards kill themselves
Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by pascal558(m): 6:56pm On Nov 19, 2017
ehispapa:

let those bastards kill themselves
You are nt sensitive atall,i pray death dont visit u or anyone nearby cos we all will die some day!!!I dont think you are seeing what am see, life is precious no matter who is involved
Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by baysol: 6:59pm On Nov 19, 2017
Manson1:
A US-based Nigerian businessman was dazed in Lagos, when land agents led him to the lagoon after the part-payment for 150 plots offered for N787.5 million.

Kennedy Chukwuemeka Nwabuoku told detectives led by DCP Abutu Yaro, at the Force Criminal Investigations and Intelligence Department (FCIID), Alagbon, how he had paid N577, 590, 792 in installments among other charges, plus another N18million for bush clearing in February, and how the agents were sending him pictures and videos of caterpillars in action at the purported site at Ifedele Agunbiade Village, Sangotedo, in Eti-Osa area of Lagos.
Nwabuoku told the police that he bought the unseen land with a foreign partner and had paid in fiduciary trust, sending monies on different occasions through his company, KenBouk Global Investment Ltd.

Identified as Emeka Okoronkwo and Michael Owolabi Alonge, the agents, according to Nwabuoku, had offered the land for sale at N5, 250, 000 per plot with Certificate of Occupancy (C of O).

CollegegistNG learnt that members of Nwabuoku’s family in Nigeria who wanted to see the site were told that the land was in an area bought by prominent Nigerians like former President Olusegun Obasanjo and Oba Riliwanu Akiolu, and it was cordoned off so that ordinary citizens could not gain access.

When he became suspicious, Nwabuoku sent the C of O to a friend to verify, and the friend found that no such land or location described in the document existed.

He decided to visit Nigeria and inspect the land for which he had paid the property agent, Okoronkwo, who was identified as owner of Kings Court Realtors at Plot 321A, Akin Ogunlewe Street, Victoria Island.

When he was quizzed by the police on November 8, 2017, Okoronkwo allegedly admitted that he collected N603, 000, 000 for 100 plots, agency fees and legal fees through transfers to Kings Court Realtors’ accounts in two banks.

Detectives found that Nwabuoku transferred the monies in the following order over a period: N229, 000, 000, N86, 000, 000, N120, 000, 000, N41, 300, 000, N11, 291, 000, and N90, 000, 000.
They also found that the C of O given to Nwabuoku is a fake one, and that Alonge who introduced him to Okoronkwo “masterminded the fraud”.

According to the detectives, fictitious persons were listed in the Deed of Assignment that the suspected fraudsters also gave to Nwabuoku.

When Nwabuoku arrived and insisted he must see the site before further payments, Alonge allegedly took him to a location far inside a wooded area that led to the lagoon with canoes going back and forth.

“Mr Michael Owolabi Alonge started pointing around and towards the lagoon, as if he was not sure where the land is anymore,” Nwabuoku stated in his petition to the police.

When Nwabuoku, who had been given no receipt, asked for a refund, he said that the suspects had threatened to kill him if he fails to keep quiet on the transaction.

Detectives have completed their investigation and the matter has been charged to court with Sgt Morufu Animashaun as police lawyer.

CollegegistNG learnt that Alonge is on the run.

There was an arrest warrant for Okoronkwo who allegedly received the payments, and he will appear in court on December 5.

The case is pending before Chief Magistrate (Mrs) Abimbola Komolafe of Magistrate Court 3, Igbosere, in Lagos.

Source:http://www.collegegist.com.ng/2017/11/fraudsters-reportedly-sell-lagos-lagoon.html?m=1
This is why the flat headed parasites call lagos no mans land to create confusion to perpetrate scams like this. It is the responsobility of the lagos state government to make policy to reduce the activities of this people forthwith and remove them from lagos through creation of database of these animals.lobatan.
Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by IkpuMmadu: 7:03pm On Nov 19, 2017
It's good for him.....anyi na agwa ha ka aku ruo Uno

Dem no hear
Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by nikkyshyne(f): 7:05pm On Nov 19, 2017
Abeg shift, let me laugh
Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 19, 2017
hopexter:

Do you have the C of O?
I am seriously searching for it o but I have that of Zuma rock already
Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 19, 2017
hopexter:

Do you have the C of O?
I am seriously searching for it o but I have that of Zuma rock already
Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by Moganajoe: 7:08pm On Nov 19, 2017
Manson1:
A US-based Nigerian businessman was dazed in Lagos, when land agents led him to the lagoon after the part-payment for 150 plots offered for N787.5 million.

Kennedy Chukwuemeka Nwabuoku told detectives led by DCP Abutu Yaro, at the Force Criminal Investigations and Intelligence Department (FCIID), Alagbon, how he had paid N577, 590, 792 in installments among other charges, plus another N18million for bush clearing in February, and how the agents were sending him pictures and videos of caterpillars in action at the purported site at Ifedele Agunbiade Village, Sangotedo, in Eti-Osa area of Lagos.
Nwabuoku told the police that he bought the unseen land with a foreign partner and had paid in fiduciary trust, sending monies on different occasions through his company, KenBouk Global Investment Ltd.

Identified as Emeka Okoronkwo and Michael Owolabi Alonge, the agents, according to Nwabuoku, had offered the land for sale at N5, 250, 000 per plot with Certificate of Occupancy (C of O).

CollegegistNG learnt that members of Nwabuoku’s family in Nigeria who wanted to see the site were told that the land was in an area bought by prominent Nigerians like former President Olusegun Obasanjo and Oba Riliwanu Akiolu, and it was cordoned off so that ordinary citizens could not gain access.

When he became suspicious, Nwabuoku sent the C of O to a friend to verify, and the friend found that no such land or location described in the document existed.

He decided to visit Nigeria and inspect the land for which he had paid the property agent, Okoronkwo, who was identified as owner of Kings Court Realtors at Plot 321A, Akin Ogunlewe Street, Victoria Island.

When he was quizzed by the police on November 8, 2017, Okoronkwo allegedly admitted that he collected N603, 000, 000 for 100 plots, agency fees and legal fees through transfers to Kings Court Realtors’ accounts in two banks.

Detectives found that Nwabuoku transferred the monies in the following order over a period: N229, 000, 000, N86, 000, 000, N120, 000, 000, N41, 300, 000, N11, 291, 000, and N90, 000, 000.
They also found that the C of O given to Nwabuoku is a fake one, and that Alonge who introduced him to Okoronkwo “masterminded the fraud”.

According to the detectives, fictitious persons were listed in the Deed of Assignment that the suspected fraudsters also gave to Nwabuoku.

When Nwabuoku arrived and insisted he must see the site before further payments, Alonge allegedly took him to a location far inside a wooded area that led to the lagoon with canoes going back and forth.

“Mr Michael Owolabi Alonge started pointing around and towards the lagoon, as if he was not sure where the land is anymore,” Nwabuoku stated in his petition to the police.

When Nwabuoku, who had been given no receipt, asked for a refund, he said that the suspects had threatened to kill him if he fails to keep quiet on the transaction.

Detectives have completed their investigation and the matter has been charged to court with Sgt Morufu Animashaun as police lawyer.

CollegegistNG learnt that Alonge is on the run.

There was an arrest warrant for Okoronkwo who allegedly received the payments, and he will appear in court on December 5.

The case is pending before Chief Magistrate (Mrs) Abimbola Komolafe of Magistrate Court 3, Igbosere, in Lagos.

Source:http://www.collegegist.com.ng/2017/11/fraudsters-reportedly-sell-lagos-lagoon.html?m=1

Even the sellers(agents) seems they were using juju.
With such huge amount of money, they couldnt take off. were they thinking they will continue fooling the maga forever?
Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by Martin0(m): 7:15pm On Nov 19, 2017
gypsey:
I don't believe this story.
Eh u doubt it, Tell me why u doubt
Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by rman: 7:16pm On Nov 19, 2017
Yes, the man that was duped did not do enough due deligence, however the FOOLS are the fraudsters not him.

What youths of today failed to realise is that some of our grandparents built wealth in trade based on TRUST only and nothing else.

In 60s up till late 70s, whitemen do send goods to Nigerians, they sell, make profit and send the money to a trade partner they most times have not met.

We can blame government all we want be we all should praise the man for still having trust in Nigerians and convince him as a people we are not all like this instead of calling him a FOOL.

If the guys have done a honest transaction with him, they get referals and will build a genuine business empire

We should see this as an oppourtunity lost. The business man may or may not get his money back but as a people we all have lost something imortant that is a critical ingredient for PROGRESS, TRUST.

I hope we all think deeply about this as a people.

3 Likes

Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by Donreiy: 7:20pm On Nov 19, 2017
pascal558:
You are nt sensitive atall,i pray death dont visit u or anyone nearby cos we all will die some day!!!I dont think you are seeing what am see, life is precious no matter who is involved

Where in Edo state?
Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by MrFly(m): 7:27pm On Nov 19, 2017
pascal558:
the score is rising and with about 20youths confirmed dead with a mother also confirmed dead too after news reached her that her son have been killed!Eiye,jewries,aye and malphite have turned edostate to a cementry with the governor folding his hand!!We can't allow this to continue,PROTEST NOW AND SAVE LIVES!!
wetin u wan mek d governor do! No b dem go join cult? Who send them, abeg mek dem de blow themselves, i dey dance one corner 4 dis corner. Dem neva chi chumchin
Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by pascal558(m): 7:30pm On Nov 19, 2017
Donreiy:

Where in Edo state?
Benin city,Egor to be precise sir
Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by jdluv(f): 7:34pm On Nov 19, 2017
i rememberd some lautech guys sold their school senate buildingto oyinbo.....They were just sendin photosof the building
Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by pascal558(m): 7:36pm On Nov 19, 2017
MrFly:
wetin u wan mek d governor do! No b dem go join cult? Who send them, abeg mek dem de blow themselves, i dey dance one corner 4 dis corner. Dem neva chi chumchin
life is precious bro no matter who is involved,these are humans dying nt animals!![b]The government took an oat to protect her citizens,so why are people dying un-noticed[/b]If there is a law to jail cultists for 10years this rubbish will stop,the state house of assembly can b of help in such scenario!!Do u knw a state in Nigeria already passed death penalty on cultists(though thats too extreme)
Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by Yankiss(m): 7:37pm On Nov 19, 2017
Benita27:
Let me just laugh. cheesy grin

The Nwabuoke of a man isn't street smart. Why pay for a land you haven't seen in a country like Nigeria?...You'd still have to ask questions before paying after site seeing the plots you want.
True. Money miss road. He was lucky he wasn't kidnapped and killed to close everything. So risky and stupid a transaction. Haba.

1 Like

Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by chigoizie7(m): 7:41pm On Nov 19, 2017
Well, it serves him right.

Some will ask why.

Well, he should have seen what he is paying for.

He should have as well involve a member of his family. B4 any payment, the person should see and verify, there is no how ur family will chop all ur money like that.
Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by exquisite007: 7:41pm On Nov 19, 2017
Can I say the man is dumb? I mean first of all who buys land that he/she hasn't seen physically?
Phew!! I cant say that serves him right, but shame on him for acting a so dumb.
Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by exquisite007: 7:44pm On Nov 19, 2017
Smh!
Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by jolyment: 7:48pm On Nov 19, 2017
xoxo001:
Right now anything goes in Nigeria. Money must be made, I am working presently on selling Nigeria if you are interested lemme know cool
I am interested but don't give me fake C of O.
Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by mavinc4u(f): 7:54pm On Nov 19, 2017
i doubt the buyer's identity. how can an igbo pay such an amount without seeing the land or even sending his people to see the land. Next time, travel down to Nigeria to check out the so called land and make an enquiry before paying.
Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by Profusamah: 7:58pm On Nov 19, 2017
Igbo nigga carrying out a biz transaction like an Afonja
Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by Rebuke: 8:02pm On Nov 19, 2017
Funny how yhu guyz ar blaming d victim.
Typical Nigerians.

What happens to trust?

Jxt in case yhu don't knw, some of dese thinz aint ordinary. Yhu all jxt don't knw how far some of dese wicked, miscreants can go to defraud innocent people of their money.

Jxt pray yhu don't fall victim

Re: Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million by Nicheey(m): 8:05pm On Nov 19, 2017
Tuljaking:
Why go into fraud hard work pays

I pay $1 For a minute job
Check my profile

Biko I'm interested ,how e go be

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mothers, Your Daughters Are Exposed To Rapists Under Any Of These Conditions / Kano Court Frees ‘Killers’ Bridget Agbahime / Man & His Girlfriend Who Dupe Sellers With Fake Bank Alerts Arrested By Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.