Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,071 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! (3177 Views)

Fishy Smell Wants To Stop Me From Getting Married, Please Help / What Must A Woman Have Before Getting Married ? - Please Vote / How To Get Your Parents To Accept Your Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by QueenSekxy(f): 4:47pm On Nov 19, 2017
I can see you wouldn't wanna waste your youthful exuberance on your wife,but rather in a bar..oringo boy undecided
Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 19, 2017
QueenSekxy:
I can see you wouldn't wanna waste your youthful exuberance on your wife,but rather in a bar..oringo boy undecided

grin You're uneconomical with the truth grin grin We too were there before o. Not like we were digging, it's the hustle
Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by QueenSekxy(f): 4:52pm On Nov 19, 2017
KreativGenius:

grin You're uneconomical with the truth grin grin We too were there before o. Not like we were digging, it's the hustle
I understand shaa,,grin
Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by Blackhawk01: 5:07pm On Nov 19, 2017
MrMystrO:

Hmmm I'm seriously considering this advice shaa

Way to go, man! grin cool
Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by Neozy(m): 5:51pm On Nov 19, 2017
This op is funny o. So you mean you're too young for marriage at 26? As for me, marriage after 25 years of age is late. Start your family early so that you will not be struggling to pay your children's skul fees when you are in your 60s & 70s.
Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by MrMystrO(m): 5:55pm On Nov 19, 2017
QueenSekxy:

Lool dis auntie dey beef me oo grin
Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by MrMystrO(m): 8:30pm On Nov 19, 2017
KreativGenius:

Don't make the same mistakes some of us made in our past. I was almost doing the same thing you're doing now, ignored ladies completely and focused with work.

Years has passed, i feel empty. God has legit reasons he gave us females. It is one of my regrets not taking a lady by the side and then build the business together.

Guy, whatever you're doing as a single guy, you can do it as a husband. Find a lady that can fit into your plans without disrupting the sequence and begin the journey towards building a future with such a lady.

With time you will find out you can hold onto a relationship and have a career at the same time.

All this focus on business leave women alone is a fat lie many men regret after a while. I'm saving you fromthis path, i've been there.

Start early, so whatever challenges that may lie ahead can be tackled early, some expreince incompatiblt partners, some infertility even in marriage, you may not get it right the first time, so why not start early my brother?

Start early please, i hate the years i spent on the hustle and seeing a brother tred the same path breaks my heart.

Thanks Brother.
Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 19, 2017
MrMystrO:

Thanks Brother.

Yes o. See i had four ladies asked me out, hustle made me not take them serious. let me let you know what you're doing from my experience.

One was a medical doctor, i didn't take her serious, the other worked in Coca-cola, the third was an S.U. A biochemist, the fourth was an hotelier, i used all this ladies throwing themselves at me to play, looking back, they were all fantastic lovely naija queens, so bro, start early... wink
Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by MrMystrO(m): 9:20pm On Nov 19, 2017
KreativGenius:

Yes o. See i had four ladies asked me out, hustle made me not take them serious. let me let you know what you're doing from my experience.

One was a medical doctor, i didn't take her serious, the other worked in Coca-cola, the third was an S.U. A biochemist, the fourth was an hotelier, i used all this ladies throwing themselves at me to play, looking back, they were all fantastic lovely naija queens, so bro, start early... wink

Hmmm... sounds like you really lost out on em
Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by MissRaine69(f): 10:00pm On Nov 19, 2017
A very frank and honest conversation with your parents would suffice.
They mean well but 26 is not by any means over the hill. You have much more to do in life and that’s what’s important. Marry when you are ready not because you have to but because that is what you want to do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by MissRaine69(f): 10:01pm On Nov 19, 2017
KreativGenius:

No that’s how things turned out for you.
He is not you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by Dirkcoyt: 10:14pm On Nov 19, 2017
Guy, I'm more like you though. I really don't want to be chauvinistic but I really don't see any reason I need a woman at home, in fact I used to have troubles with my mom because she can nag you to hell, however she's very caring and wonderful. after carefully looking at the way I lived with her, the way I fared with women have been with I found out I can't cope with all those women troubles I will be doing myself a favored by avoiding marriage or relationship.

I'm a happy young man so scared I might lose it all when a woman shows up, I called my mother had a lengthy 2hrs talk, told her I don't intend to marry she screamed and later calm down, told her make she no reason am and I add a subtle threat that I would torment her if she ever manipulate me to marry in any form. naso she gentle. and she knows me too well.

I told her babies will abound bountifully but make no mistake of marriage, not all men will roof a woman. don't let them blackmail your emotions into regret.

To me, I don't see what a wife is needed for, she's not going to pay the rent, the kids feeds house nor a car! so what is her work? taking care of kids? it can be easily designated! Though I enjoy business partnership with them but I don't see a need for them in pure logic.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 19, 2017
angryI can relate Presure presure presure
Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by Kobicove(m): 8:38am On Nov 20, 2017
MrMystrO:

OP your parents don't want to take any chances and end up childless with no direct descendants...

I think you should do what they say otherwise they would never leave you alone.

Alternatively you could take the recommendation someone made earlier and dispatch one or two babymama to your mother

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by MrMystrO(m): 4:35pm On Nov 20, 2017
Kobicove:

OP your parents don't want to take any chances and end up childless with no direct descendants...

I think you should do what they say otherwise they would never leave you alone.

Alternatively you could take the recommendation someone made earlier and dispatch one or two babymama to your mother

Hehe thanks bro
Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by AmazonTopaz(f): 5:30pm On May 15, 2018
[quote author=MrMystrO post=62555638]

Hehe thanks bro[/. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by dasparrow: 6:46pm On May 15, 2018
My family in that shithole country Nigeria cannot try that with me because I made it clear that I have no desire to ever get married. Right now, they don't have my phone number except my WhatsApp number which is different from my phone number. If they bring up the discussion about marriage, I will block their silly backward thinking Nigerian azzes. They know I don't play. No human being can force or pressure me into something I genuinely don't want. Luckily, I don't reside in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by Danny110(m): 12:09am On May 16, 2018
Av been reading comments... my advice for u is dis...ur parents have a point,imagine being a parent wit an only child , u'll do dsame,all u have to do,is to call them,sit them down nd talk to dem as a man,mk dem understand dat u hv plans for marriage, dnt let d pressure make u di smfn u gon regret fr life cos they ain't gon b wit u wen d going gets tough....

Nd on ur own side,dnt let hustling nd business blind u from noticing some good girls coming aroind,i suggest u select d particular girl dat shows u more love , attention or attraction dan u show her and build a relationship, I tell u bro,wiy d right woman by ur side , u'll do exploits,she help u actualize ur dreams,so I suggest u stop repelling them,strt tlking,being social wit dem so dat u can hv an idea of d character of d woman u re to marry...

Ur parents re right,26 is not too young it's normal,coupled wit d courtship period,besides ntin is sweeter dan marrying young n watching ur kids grow...jst dnt mk d mstke of choosing d wrong person,n I suggest u strt inviting ur female frnds arnd so dat ur parents on seeing den,they will knw u up to somtin...hope dis helps bro take care!
Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by Nobody: 12:17am On May 16, 2018
I find it funny that some parents still pressure their children to get married in this era.

Well, your parents can only pressure you into marriage if you allow them to pressure you.

Anytime they want to pressure you take up courage and shout at them. they'll stop.

Marriage isn't a child's play that you can rush into anyhow.
Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by Nobody: 12:19am On May 16, 2018
Danny110:
Av been reading comments... my advice for u is dis...ur parents have a point,imagine being a parent wit an only child , u'll do dsame,all u have to do,is to call them,sit them down nd talk to dem as a man,mk dem understand dat u hv plans for marriage, dnt let d pressure make u di smfn u gon regret fr life cos they ain't gon b wit u wen d going gets tough....

Nd on ur own side,dnt let hustling nd business blind u from noticing some good girls coming aroind,i suggest u select d particular girl dat shows u more love , attention or attraction dan u show her and build a relationship, I tell u bro,wiy d right woman by ur side , u'll do exploits,she help u actualize ur dreams,so I suggest u stop repelling them,strt tlking,being social wit dem so dat u can hv an idea of d character of d woman u re to marry...

Ur parents re right,26 is not too young it's normal,coupled wit d courtship period,besides ntin is sweeter dan marrying young n watching ur kids grow...jst dnt mk d mstke of choosing d wrong person,n I suggest u strt inviting ur female frnds arnd so dat ur parents on seeing den,they will knw u up to somtin...hope dis helps bro take care!

Bro.... 26 is still too young.

I don't know why people in this part of the world always have a feeling that something bad might happen.
Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by Nobody: 12:21am On May 16, 2018
dasparrow:
My family in that shithole country Nigeria cannot try that with me because I made it clear that I have no desire to ever get married. Right now, they don't have my phone number except my WhatsApp number which is different from my phone number. If they bring up the discussion about marriage, I will block their silly backward thinking Nigerian azzes. They know I don't play. No human being can force or pressure me into something I genuinely don't want. Luckily, I don't reside in Nigeria.

I'm even surprised that some males here are advising him to get married as soon as possible.

only if they know what marriage is all about..
Re: How Do You Deal With Pressure From Your Parents To Get Married? Please Help!!! by Nobody: 12:24am On May 16, 2018
Dirkcoyt:
Guy, I'm more like you though. I really don't want to be chauvinistic but I really don't see any reason I need a woman at home, in fact I used to have troubles with my mom because she can nag you to hell, however she's very caring and wonderful. after carefully looking at the way I lived with her, the way I fared with women have been with I found out I can't cope with all those women troubles I will be doing myself a favored by avoiding marriage or relationship.

I'm a happy young man so scared I might lose it all when a woman shows up, I called my mother had a lengthy 2hrs talk, told her I don't intend to marry she screamed and later calm down, told her make she no reason am and I add a subtle threat that I would torment her if she ever manipulate me to marry in any form. naso she gentle. and she knows me too well.

I told her babies will abound bountifully but make no mistake of marriage, not all men will roof a woman. don't let them blackmail your emotions into regret.

To me, I don't see what a wife is needed for, she's not going to pay the rent, the kids feeds house nor a car! so what is her work? taking care of kids? it can be easily designated! Though I enjoy business partnership with them but I don't see a need for them in pure logic.

you're right bro... women come with many problems.
even some married men are regretting ever getting married in the first place.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peace. / Life Is Unfair, It Hurts / This Is The Kind Of Boyfriend I Am Now And This Is How I Treat My Girls- Redpill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.