Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

DSS Bars EFCC From Arresting Ita Ekpenyong - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Bars EFCC From Arresting Ita Ekpenyong (26011 Views)

EFCC Arrests Ita Ekpenyong, Ex-DSS DG / Atiku In Asaba: DSS Bars Journalists From Covering His Arrival / DSS Bars Journalists From Entering Courtroom As Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial Commences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSS Bars EFCC From Arresting Ita Ekpenyong by seguno2: 3:55pm On Nov 21, 2017
DONSMITH123:
I hope DSS is not making me to believe what Fayose has been calling them sha. Allow EFCC to do their work. Nobody is above arrest.

Under big thief Buhari that is no longer true.
Babachir is above arrest.
Buratai is above arrest.

Maina is above arrest.
Baru is above arrest.
I don tire.
Please add your own oh.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Bars EFCC From Arresting Ita Ekpenyong by miqos02(m): 3:56pm On Nov 21, 2017
war be this oh
Re: DSS Bars EFCC From Arresting Ita Ekpenyong by Larben: 3:57pm On Nov 21, 2017
50 armed policemen to arrest just one man? Just because he serve under GEJ?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Bars EFCC From Arresting Ita Ekpenyong by apalemighty01(m): 3:58pm On Nov 21, 2017
TheTrueSeeker:
Military Zone, Keep off...!!! When their own is involved

But when it was those Judges of various Courts,
They were picked up by same DSS before we could say 'Arnold Schwarzenegger'

The so-called FAC (Fight Against Corruption) is actually a FA-PDP members

Bro, u are right, no doubt, but its actually a fight against CORRUPT PDP members.
Re: DSS Bars EFCC From Arresting Ita Ekpenyong by BafanaBafana: 4:04pm On Nov 21, 2017
TheTrueSeeker:

But Ita Ekpeyong was a PDP (obote) man

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Bars EFCC From Arresting Ita Ekpenyong by basic23111: 4:06pm On Nov 21, 2017
this administration is just clueless.....
Re: DSS Bars EFCC From Arresting Ita Ekpenyong by Mentcee(m): 4:10pm On Nov 21, 2017
Daboywizzy:
If u thoroughly read this post u will understand and give a deep thought into this matter, u will have no option than to agree that the issue is similar to what might have happened or occurred or even a resemblance of something that will definitely elude a mere human prowess and finally come to the conclusion that I have nothing to say

Great guy.
Love you.
No hommy.
Re: DSS Bars EFCC From Arresting Ita Ekpenyong by Mentcee(m): 4:11pm On Nov 21, 2017
Daboywizzy:
If u thoroughly read this post u will understand and give a deep thought into this matter, u will have no option than to agree that the issue is similar to what might have happened or occurred or even a resemblance of something that will definitely elude a mere human prowess and finally come to the conclusion that I have nothing to say

In addition,
You just made my day yyyyyyy!
Re: DSS Bars EFCC From Arresting Ita Ekpenyong by Nobody: 4:12pm On Nov 21, 2017
These men protecting their former boss from the law. Sounds like the mafia to me.
How is the DSS helping Nigeria sef apart from a select few?
Re: DSS Bars EFCC From Arresting Ita Ekpenyong by Pesuzok(m): 4:18pm On Nov 21, 2017
This is what happens when you give the agencies free hand, see how they are misbehaving
Re: DSS Bars EFCC From Arresting Ita Ekpenyong by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 21, 2017
EFCC wants to use ekpeyong as their latest showdog..lol.

1 Like

Re: DSS Bars EFCC From Arresting Ita Ekpenyong by Ten06(m): 4:24pm On Nov 21, 2017
Paperwhite:
See how useless these government agencies have become under the dullard Nigeria have as a president. angry
I don't even blame them it is the president that I have been supporting from inception of this government that I'm angry with for not doing anything about the heads of this agencies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSS Bars EFCC From Arresting Ita Ekpenyong by teflonjake(m): 4:32pm On Nov 21, 2017
doctokwus:
Its simple.
Mamma Daura knows if he allows the EFCC to arrest Ita,he would open himself to arrest for his past and present misdeeds in that office,when he vacates.
Daura is not interested in Ekpeyong Ita being arrested or not,he is just pre empting his own future arrest.

Simple
Re: DSS Bars EFCC From Arresting Ita Ekpenyong by icon8: 4:33pm On Nov 21, 2017
PrettyRita:
how many officers to arrest Shekau na? 50 police for one man?

You never hear say the man get 30 billion for the akant?
Re: DSS Bars EFCC From Arresting Ita Ekpenyong by icon8: 4:36pm On Nov 21, 2017
nickxtra:
Two different agencies of the Federal Government are flexing muscles and the President is looking the other way?

DSS looks like a joke now

Which president?

Is that one a President?
Re: DSS Bars EFCC From Arresting Ita Ekpenyong by Charly68: 4:38pm On Nov 21, 2017
They went with Arrest warrant but DSS hindered the from the course of justice ,so the boss in concern should appear before the court of law ,until the learned judges starts sending this erring uniform men into prison,they won't learn
Re: DSS Bars EFCC From Arresting Ita Ekpenyong by agabusta: 4:41pm On Nov 21, 2017
TheTrueSeeker:

Are the judges PDP members??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSS Bars EFCC From Arresting Ita Ekpenyong by Xmen149(m): 4:44pm On Nov 21, 2017
in the movies,have u ever seen police arrest FBI?. Lol it is believed their wrong or good deeds while in office is for Good of nation so they are given the privilege of there matter begin handled internal for sake of national security too

1 Like

Re: DSS Bars EFCC From Arresting Ita Ekpenyong by moradsam: 4:46pm On Nov 21, 2017
Watin be the topic self
Re: DSS Bars EFCC From Arresting Ita Ekpenyong by Tecno66: 4:49pm On Nov 21, 2017
EFCC should send the case file to DSS for investigation. The DSS will turn the man in based on the outcome. The navy cannot go and arrest a former Chief of Army staff in his house without first clearing with the army authorities otherwise the soldiers on guard are ready to die there. There is need for mutual respect by these agencies. This does not in any way prevent justice from being done in the long run.
DONSMITH123:
Eniola Akinkuotu, Abuja

Drama is currently playing out at the home of a former Director-General of the Department of State Services, Ekpenyong Ita, as men of the DSS are preventing operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission from arresting him.

Our correspondent who is also at the scene, reports that EFCC operatives arrived at the scene around 11am with an arrest warrant.

The EFCC officials and armed policemen numbering over 50 attempted to enter the premises located at 46 Mamman Nasir Street, Asokoro but the heavily armed DSS officials, some of which are wearing masks, refused to allow the EFCC men inside.

The DSS officials simply said they were acting on “orders from above”.

Ita has been under investigation for his alleged role in the disbursement of funds meant for arms.

While a former National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki (Retd.) and other service chiefs have been arraigned, the DSS has refused to release its own officials for probe.

The DSS and the EFCC have been at loggerheads for over a year which culminated in the DSS sending a report to the Senate not to confirm the acting Chairman of the EFCC, Mr. Ibrahim Magu.

http://punchng.com/breaking-dss-bars-efcc-from-arresting-ex-dg/

7 Likes

Re: DSS Bars EFCC From Arresting Ita Ekpenyong by aviationguy: 4:55pm On Nov 21, 2017
it's really unfortunate how reputable personality display their show of shame publicly...
Re: DSS Bars EFCC From Arresting Ita Ekpenyong by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 21, 2017
Matters of national security..... Mark my words: Ita isn't gonna be arrested nor arraigned.
Re: DSS Bars EFCC From Arresting Ita Ekpenyong by JONSYN7154: 5:01pm On Nov 21, 2017
I witness it live here in abuja. Up till now their is still heavily presence of armed security men.
Re: DSS Bars EFCC From Arresting Ita Ekpenyong by Onyeamuma999: 5:05pm On Nov 21, 2017
contused president, confused buhari releasing his demonic gift everywhere
Re: DSS Bars EFCC From Arresting Ita Ekpenyong by precious1967(m): 5:20pm On Nov 21, 2017
is there any overall boss for these agencies because I don't think our big brother is still the chief commander of the armed forces of Nigeria like his brother in Zimbabwe? sorry magu.
Re: DSS Bars EFCC From Arresting Ita Ekpenyong by rafindo(m): 5:21pm On Nov 21, 2017
Well it is time we establish the Nigerian justice Marshall after that of the united state of America us Marshall service.
They should be strictly under the control of supreme court judge.
The following issues like contempt of court,breache of Court proceedings. Arresting those disobeying court order
Re: DSS Bars EFCC From Arresting Ita Ekpenyong by nickxtra(m): 5:37pm On Nov 21, 2017
icon8:

Which president?

Is that one a President?
Weti I go talk na
Re: DSS Bars EFCC From Arresting Ita Ekpenyong by icon8: 5:58pm On Nov 21, 2017
nickxtra:
Weti I go talk na

Lol grin

1 Like

Re: DSS Bars EFCC From Arresting Ita Ekpenyong by positivetaught: 6:30pm On Nov 21, 2017
This clearly demonstrates the kind of fake anti corruption fight of this APC government, anybody who still believed that Buhari is tough,honest n clean with his government is just been foolish.
Re: DSS Bars EFCC From Arresting Ita Ekpenyong by aniblue(m): 7:09pm On Nov 21, 2017
50 arm officers to arrest 1 man?
Is he a terrorist??

How many have they sent to Fulani herdsmen?
Re: DSS Bars EFCC From Arresting Ita Ekpenyong by Konskott(m): 7:14pm On Nov 21, 2017
This is happening under Buhari's nose. Both these DSS and EFCC helmsmen are his appointees. Why can't he sack them or call them to order. Buhari is gradually showing Nigerians that he is a weak leader. Jonathan had this weak point too - not being able to look his aides in the eyes to scold them. That's why they reigned with impunity and looted mindlessly knowing nobody will question them. Can somebody please ask PMB to charge?
Re: DSS Bars EFCC From Arresting Ita Ekpenyong by HiddenShadow: 7:26pm On Nov 21, 2017
rafindo:
Well it is time we establish the Nigerian justice Marshall after that of the united state of America us Marshall service.
They should be strictly under the control of supreme court judge.
The following issues like contempt of court,breache of Court proceedings. Arresting those disobeying court order

God bless you.

Place the security apparatus under the control of the Judiciary

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obasanjo Meets Adebanjo, Dosumu, Other Yoruba Leaders Over 2019 / Only Buhari Can Sack Service Chiefs, Presidency Replies Senate / Arise Interview: Buhari Evasive, Dodgy, Claimed Our Projects - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.