Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,514 members, 7,954,949 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:07 PM

Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers (22953 Views)

Police Officers And Soldiers Clashed At INEC Office In Rivers / United States Reacts To Clash Between Shiite Members And Soldiers In Abuja. / Reps Kick Against New Language Policy By Nigerian Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by python1: 11:00am On Nov 22, 2017
Desyner:
Lalasticlala, seun and the NPF. Python indeed. You registered a month ago and have over a thousand post already. Are you that guy I owned in a discussion about Osun state about a month ago? Måpét ?
My sensors are supersensitive bro.
So between 13Oct17 and 22Nov17 na 1 month be dat? E be like say no be only English, Arithmetic join. grin. Abeg, na for school you serve? Groundnuts graduates just plenty for Naija. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by dnawah(m): 12:23pm On Nov 22, 2017
python1:

As a graduate(?), you should know it is "understand", not "hear". Which school did you attend? S/Eastern school, I guess.
Again, which match una dey practise for? Na "drill" be the name? Anyway, there is a difference between "march" and "match", find out. Dis one sef go don teach for school. I just taya for these our so-called graduates. undecided
don't blame him,most of the words we use today are hear say and we never go back to check the meaning or spelling.but hope u get him.thankui
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by BruncleZuma: 12:31pm On Nov 22, 2017
Nah eem una no gree recruit me grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by aspirebig: 12:32pm On Nov 22, 2017
Ok oo for those interested.
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by SmartyPants(m): 12:32pm On Nov 22, 2017
CharleyBright:
My Goodness! They have come again with their agenda.

Which Tribe / Region dominates the Military?? Answer: Northern Hausa.
Aside from English, which language is dominant in the Military?? Answer: Hausa Language
Prescribing Arabic, Hausa, French for additional language for the Military and paying Language allowance for same tantamount to paying the Northern officers for a language they already know., while forcing other tribes to learn and adopt either Hausa or Arabic language cos surely and certainly the authorities will find a way to ensure Hausa and Arabic are the options available. Afterf all, isn't it " Obey the Last Command"? Will the officers question the authorities?
Soon enough, they will turn and make Hausa and Arabic language a prerequisite for entry into Nigerian military..
The North always have a subtle way of projecting their northern interest.
The North should leave our Military alone and stop tinkering with the Military policies to their advantage.
Tell the Military authorities to make Degree the Minimum entry into the Military to ensure Professionalism and Effiency, they will NEVER accept it because the North will lose out as most candidates from the North has SSCE or primary sch cert which they usually use as entry into the Military.

Hey! Mr Man learn to read and comprehend well!!

The three languages to be learnt are Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa, not Arabic, Hausa and French!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by Nobody: 12:34pm On Nov 22, 2017
I don't think there is need to learn igbo coz we are already leaving nigeria. They should concentrate on hausa and yoruba.....

No need for igbo again,,,,,,,

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 22, 2017
python1:

As a graduate(?), you should know it is "understand", not "hear". Which school did you attend? S/Eastern school, I guess.
Again, which match una dey practise for? Na "drill" be the name? Anyway, there is a difference between "march" and "match", find out. Dis one sef go don teach for school. I just taya for these our so-called graduates. undecided

What a horrible little mind shocked
The grammar police
Adept in his language of subjugation cheesy
The attempt at humour while you were cruelly humiliating another human being? Lame

The good thing about this is that if the person you quoted was truly from the SEast? He could be a trader and would happily buy you pulenty data if you asked...now dont be shy, ask them nicely and see

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by Starkid3010(m): 12:36pm On Nov 22, 2017
if not because of adam & eve grin
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by Dichrys(m): 12:36pm On Nov 22, 2017
Way forward
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by kobiscompany(m): 12:38pm On Nov 22, 2017
A niceone
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by DanielsParker(m): 12:40pm On Nov 22, 2017
python1:

why did you have to mention South eastern schools? why?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by vinceobe: 12:41pm On Nov 22, 2017
IS HAUSA, YORUBA, IBO, THE ONLY LANGUAGES IN NIGERIA? WHAT HAPPENED TO MINORITY LANGUAGES? IT IS NOT FROM THE MINORITIES YOU GET THE GOOSE THAT LAYS THE GOLDEN EGG? REMOVE OIL FROM NIGERIA, NIGERIA IS FINISHED. YOU WANT TO TACTICALLY SIDELINE THE MINORITIES FROM THE ARMY. ALL THESE OBNOCIOUS POLICIES ARE GRADUALLY KILLING THE COUNTRY. REMEMBER THEY INTRODUCED THESE LANGUAGES IN WAEC BEFORE. DID IT WORK? THIS WILL NOT WORK EITHER.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by freedomchild: 12:42pm On Nov 22, 2017
FarahAideed:
Are there only three languages in Nigeria?
Yes... The rest are called Conjunction
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by Afritop(m): 12:43pm On Nov 22, 2017
undecided asadly they forgot to mention ability to use long leg
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by chikago1: 12:43pm On Nov 22, 2017
it amazes me to see people lying in their comments just to gain attention. know your facts before making comments.
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by FarahAideed: 12:46pm On Nov 22, 2017
freedomchild:
Yes... The rest are called Conjunction

You have never heard TIV language then
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by Blackops(m): 12:48pm On Nov 22, 2017
This is a blatant lie. they mofos will still go on and recruit their families that cant speak Yoruba and Igbo fluently. bunch of useless assholes.
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by flackoFlint(m): 12:48pm On Nov 22, 2017
Paperwhite:
Same army that have been using the Hausa language as it defacto means of communication? Same army that have a preferred leaning towards hausa-fulani Muslims?
The same army that is discriminating against female enlistment in the NDA because of religious sentiments? This is another useless policy by the Nigerian Army.
when the girls were posing as distraction's nko
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by richardchuckwu: 12:51pm On Nov 22, 2017
Paperwhite:
Same army that have been using the Hausa language as it defacto means of communication? Same army that have a preferred leaning towards hausa-fulani Muslims?
The same army that is discriminating against female enlistment in the NDA because of religious sentiments? This is another useless policy by the Nigerian Army.

Igbos hav Bn brain washed by dat hopeless albino in d name of monkey cownu. Nig army dat refuted d news of dat policy concerning d female cadets.

Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by freedomchild: 12:52pm On Nov 22, 2017
FarahAideed:

You have never heard TIV language then
TIV? ? hmm.. all I know is TV as in TeleVision
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by Passenger27: 12:53pm On Nov 22, 2017
[quote author=python1 post=62605474]
Again, which match una dey practise for? Na "drill" be the name? Anyway, there is a difference between "march" and "match", find out. Dis one sef go don teach for school. I just taya for these our so-called graduates.

Don't mind him. They will be forming Einstein but their brain is empty. Look at the way an ex corper was busy murdering English.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by maisauki: 12:55pm On Nov 22, 2017
KUKASHEKA! No be small tin
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by honestpoju: 12:57pm On Nov 22, 2017
Rubbish
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by Ttipsy(f): 12:58pm On Nov 22, 2017
this is rubbish! can you imagine a calabar or ijaw man's view about this??
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by dingbang(m): 1:00pm On Nov 22, 2017
If English remains the default language for the Nigerian army then why the heck did they use Arabic on the Nigerian army logo.. Stupid people
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by Gentlesniper(m): 1:02pm On Nov 22, 2017
python1:

I doubt if you really mean well for Nigeria with such display of tribalism. you can really correct him without bringing in the issue of tribe or region.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by Mrchippychappy(m): 1:03pm On Nov 22, 2017
python1:

Actually understand is a synonym for the word hear. So you might want to do your own research first before you correct someone else.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by BiggyBamBam: 1:06pm On Nov 22, 2017
What about Ijaw, Edo, Urhobo, Isoko, Efik, Ibibio etc? Are they not part of Nigeria?
Then let them go their separate ways, NIGER-DELTA REPUBLIC, we stand.
Why do you want to force other languages on them?

Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by blank(f): 1:12pm On Nov 22, 2017
If they sincerely follow this policy during recruitment then Igbos will dominate because most Igbos that live in other regions know their languge and that of their hosts.
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by Sapiosexuality(m): 1:12pm On Nov 22, 2017
They need to destroy every symbol of tribal superiority in this country if they want it to work. No three tribes should be given preference over the others. Their faces in the 50 Naira notes should be discarded with too. The Ajami on the Army's logo should go too.

http://www.mortalpoet.com/arabic-symbols-nigerian-army-naira/
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by otivere: 1:21pm On Nov 22, 2017
The high time we recognize the fact that order languages and tribes are relevant the better for us. Marginalization or belittle order natives speaking ethnic group is a time bomb that can destroy us. I think if they must use order language it should be pidgin because is fast becoming a lingual franka in Nigeria. Hire an interpreter to do the needful if you must interrogate some who speaks native language, or if the interrogator understands the language it fine. We have 520 plus native language in Nigeria. The high time we start being inclusive the bitter for us.
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by Etuagievin(m): 1:22pm On Nov 22, 2017
cry sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP 'll Lose Bayelsa Governorship Poll To APC, Says Timi Frank / President Buhari Leaves USA For Nigeria (Photos) / Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.