Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers (22690 Views)

Police Officers And Soldiers Clashed At INEC Office In Rivers / United States Reacts To Clash Between Shiite Members And Soldiers In Abuja. / Reps Kick Against New Language Policy By Nigerian Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by Icon79(m): 5:15pm On Nov 22, 2017
Necessary for recruitment but not required, I presume?

O pari
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by FarahAideed: 5:34pm On Nov 22, 2017
Chukazu:

one of the biggest problem we have a nation.

we have succeeded in making our lives to revolve around those three major tribes as results ,give them an unhealthy sense of superiority complex over the rest of us

Exactly and its so sad this govt is pushing it further
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by basadenet: 5:36pm On Nov 22, 2017
Nice one but should not be a requirement for entry into Army.
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 22, 2017
python1:

As a graduate(?), you should know it is "understand", not "hear". Which school did you attend? S/Eastern school, I guess.
Again, which match una dey practise for? Na "drill" be the name? Anyway, there is a difference between "march" and "match", find out. Dis one sef go don teach for school. I just taya for these our so-called graduates. undecided
Abeg who English don help for this country? We need intelligence and not eloquence. You wey Sabi English who even knows you? You guys are over rating this graduate thing.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by mapet: 5:57pm On Nov 22, 2017
BudeYahooCom:

The guy must have attended osun poly like that Corper on Facebook that posted the linguistic bazooka- 'I am now a corpse, thanks u lord'. Lol

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by Bnladan(m): 5:59pm On Nov 22, 2017
python1:

No mind am. Person wey no sabi English get mouth to mock others.
hahahah
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by mapet: 6:06pm On Nov 22, 2017
blank:
If they sincerely follow this policy during recruitment then Igbos will dominate because most Igbos that live in other regions know their languge and that of their hosts.

The objective is for integration not domination
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by python1: 6:21pm On Nov 22, 2017
Ontarget:

Abeg who English don help for this country? We need intelligence and not eloquence. You wey Sabi English who even knows you? You guys are over rating this graduate thing.
Oh, really? Because the English murderer is not an abokii abi? Less errors were made by some abokiis who never went beyond basic education levels, such reports graced front page on this forum, and your types started making all sort of noise about illiteracy in the North, now a graduate from the East just took same English to the slaughter but the narrative has now changed to "who English epp". cheesy Besides, what exactly was his point when he tried to mock the military men for not being fluent in English language. Or is it not the same "who English epp"?
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 22, 2017
python1:

Oh, really? Because the English murderer is not an abokii abi? Less errors were made by some abokiis who never went beyond basic education levels, such reports graced front page on this forum, and your types started making all sort of noise about illiteracy in the North, now a graduate from the East just took same English to the slaughter but the narrative has now changed to "who English epp". cheesy
Nonesense. Did I ever mention east, west or north in my post? Or have you ever seen me mocking anyone who can't speak English? Is being literate about speaking English? It is only for communication and not a gauge of intelligence and knowledge which are of paramount importance.
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by python1: 6:34pm On Nov 22, 2017
[s]
Ontarget:

Nonesense. Did I ever mention east, west or north in my post? Or have you ever seen me mocking anyone who can't speak English? Is being literate about speaking English? It is only for communication and not a gauge of intelligence and knowledge which are of paramount importance.
[/s]
Rubbish. Who gives a damn whether or not you have ever made mockery of anyone from wherever on account of English language? Whether you have ever done that or not is none of my business but as long as it is being done to whichever tribe, it must be done to any other tribe, especially the supposedly "most educated" ones. If being literate is not about speaking English, why must others be described as such on same account? Gerrout.
I did not see you preaching this your sermon on this thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/4182643/teacher-sokoto-state-english-facebook#62471077

Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by dangwarmai(m): 7:29pm On Nov 22, 2017
Paperwhite:
Same army that have been using the Hausa language as it defacto means of communication? Same army that have a preferred leaning towards hausa-fulani Muslims?
The same army that is discriminating against female enlistment in the NDA because of religious sentiments? This is another useless policy by the Nigerian Army.
You can't prove what you are saying.
You are part of the problem.
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by whizbryan(m): 7:40pm On Nov 22, 2017
python1:

As a graduate(?), you should know it is "understand", not "hear". Which school did you attend? S/Eastern school, I guess.
Again, which match una dey practise for? Na "drill" be the name? Anyway, there is a difference between "march" and "match", find out. Dis one sef go don teach for school. I just taya for these our so-called graduates. undecided
Mr To Know, that's nt hw 2 correct sumone
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by marisdgreat(f): 7:44pm On Nov 22, 2017
python1:

at least him try pass u, if u wan correct use simple english to do that, but your own correction na mixed up english u just do.
Mr grammarian i dare u to use simple english to correct him. U just embarassed yourself by using both pidgin english & british english, besides most of your words are still written with pidgin english to show that both of you are almost the same but he is still better than you.
U wey sabi speak english, how much u dey earn daily.
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by python1: 7:50pm On Nov 22, 2017
[s]
marisdgreat:

at least him try pass u, if u wan correct use simple english to do that, but your own correction na mixed up english u just do.
Mr grammarian i dare u to use simple english to correct him. U just embarassed yourself by using both pidgin english & british english, besides most of your words are still written with pidgin english to show that both of you are almost the same but he is still better than you.
U wey sabi speak english, how much u dey earn daily.
[/s]
Go and learn Parts of Speech and structures in English language before quoting me. If same lack of basic English knowledge was exhibited by a Northerner with less academic qualification, things like you will not ask how much he/she earns before jumping up and down shouting "illiteracy" everywhere. Get out of my mention.
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by Yankiss(m): 7:56pm On Nov 22, 2017
Teach them Hausa and all will be fine. Igbo and Yoruba are just to make it look nationalistic.
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by Ugosample(m): 7:56pm On Nov 22, 2017
python1:

Why tag SE school now eh?
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by marisdgreat(f): 8:30pm On Nov 22, 2017
python1:

Mynd44
weaker vessel abi empty vessel na only mouth u get, i go tell u say ajepako strong pass ajebo. na ur type if he get issue wit wife go begin dey call families anyhow. mttttcheeeeeew
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by stalingraddd(m): 8:51pm On Nov 22, 2017
CharleyBright:
My Goodness! They have come again with their agenda.

Which Tribe / Region dominates the Military?? Answer: Northern Hausa.
Aside from English, which language is dominant in the Military?? Answer: Hausa Language
Prescribing Arabic, Hausa, French for additional language for the Military and paying Language allowance for same tantamount to paying the Northern officers for a language they already know., while forcing other tribes to learn and adopt either Hausa or Arabic language cos surely and certainly the authorities will find a way to ensure Hausa and Arabic are the options available. Afterf all, isn't it " Obey the Last Command"? Will the officers question the authorities?
Soon enough, they will turn and make Hausa and Arabic language a prerequisite for entry into Nigerian military..
The North always have a subtle way of projecting their northern interest.
The North should leave our Military alone and stop tinkering with the Military policies to their advantage.
Tell the Military authorities to make Degree the Minimum entry into the Military to ensure Professionalism and Effiency, they will NEVER accept it because the North will lose out as most candidates from the North has SSCE or primary sch cert which they usually use as entry into the Military.
what did you take bro?
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by blank(f): 8:52pm On Nov 22, 2017
mapet:

The objective is for integration not domination

I understand and appreciate the thought process. However, if they insist on it as one of the criteria to get recruited then it gives Igbos an unfair advantage.
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by Afrojuju2017(m): 8:53pm On Nov 22, 2017
Paperwhite:
Same army that have been using the Hausa language as it defacto means of communication? Same army that have a preferred leaning towards hausa-fulani Muslims?
The same army that is discriminating against female enlistment in the NDA because of religious sentiments? This is another useless policy by the Nigerian Army.

The Nigerian army have denied the claims they have stopped female enlistment.
This year the SSC and NSSC are enlisting across all regions and genders and if you or an associate are interested and qualified pls apply duly
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by aribisala0(m): 9:32pm On Nov 22, 2017
python1:

All those Ebola graduates

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 22, 2017
python1:
[s][/s]
Rubbish. Who gives a damn whether or not you have ever made mockery of anyone from wherever on account of English language? Whether you have ever done that or not is none of my business but as long as it is being done to whichever tribe, it must be done to any other tribe, especially the supposedly "most educated" ones. If being literate is not about speaking English, why must others be described as such on same account? Gerrout.
I did not see you preaching this your sermon on this thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/4182643/teacher-sokoto-state-english-facebook#62471077
You are speaking as if I was the one who created that thread or part of those doing the shaming there. As long as you never saw me post on that thread you shouldn't be referencing it to me. I have no business with that theead. All your are saying is simply bullcrap.
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by mapet: 7:25am On Nov 23, 2017
python1:

Desyner: :
As a corper in camp then I couldn't hear what those soldiers where saying during match practice. The practically northernize everything.

grin grin grin

Abeg free the guy! He seemingly wanted to announce to the whole world that he's now a "corper". Don't mind his "engrish" and "pseudo-intellect"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by mapet: 7:31am On Nov 23, 2017
Ontarget:

python1:

But you should have seen that both were missing in the earlier referenced post

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by mapet: 7:36am On Nov 23, 2017
aribisala0:

python1: :

All those Ebola graduates

Absolutely..... It's sad that this generation of youths are not pulling their weight "intellect-wise". I think we should even test the hypothesis that on the average first few posters on topics make unintelligent submissions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by joycluv: 12:17pm On Nov 23, 2017
python1:

Na lie. Na for East e go school. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Army Introduces New Language Policy For Officers And Soldiers by Lingz: 9:31pm On Nov 25, 2017
FarahAideed:
Are there only three languages in Nigeria?
Major languages!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DSS Arrests IPOB Members In Enugu For Disruption (Photos) / Dino Melaye Remains In Intensive Care Unit, Three Days Later / Kanu, Igboho: We Won’t Allow Buhari’s Govt Take Us Back To 1984 – Falana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.