Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,792 members, 7,817,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Apo Six: Nigeria Police Reinstates Officer Who Killed Igbo Traders - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apo Six: Nigeria Police Reinstates Officer Who Killed Igbo Traders (40760 Views)

President Buhari Fulfils His Promise To Igbo Traders In Aba (photos, Videos) / Don’t Come To Lagos, Igbo Traders Warn Nnamdi Kanu / President Buhari's Appointments In Six Nigeria Geopolitical Zones & Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apo Six: Nigeria Police Reinstates Officer Who Killed Igbo Traders by Michaelpresh(m): 9:50pm On Nov 23, 2017
You just wasted their lives for nothing
Re: Apo Six: Nigeria Police Reinstates Officer Who Killed Igbo Traders by dokiOloye(m): 9:50pm On Nov 23, 2017
Na wa ooooooooooo.

1 Like

Re: Apo Six: Nigeria Police Reinstates Officer Who Killed Igbo Traders by ewebiodun: 9:52pm On Nov 23, 2017
Throwback:
If he has not been found legally liable, then his dismissal should have been rightly contested. If someone has been found not guilty by a court, whatever dismissal or suspension should automatically retire.

If he was found legally liable, what was he doing free to even be contesting his dismissal when he should be on death row or languishing in jail?

Again journalists need to abide by their ethics when reporting stories with sensational headlines.
Please can u expantiate on this. The only part I understand is that he successfully contested his dismissal.
1. What judicial remedy did he seek
2. What court sanctioned this
3. Is the original case of the Apo 6 already concluded
Pls if u can help with these. I am not the type that gets sentimental over issues I have no knowledge

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apo Six: Nigeria Police Reinstates Officer Who Killed Igbo Traders by mymax: 9:52pm On Nov 23, 2017
Painful and unfortunate

1 Like

Re: Apo Six: Nigeria Police Reinstates Officer Who Killed Igbo Traders by cococandy(f): 9:53pm On Nov 23, 2017
And people wonder why Igbo people agitate for segregation

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apo Six: Nigeria Police Reinstates Officer Who Killed Igbo Traders by legitnow: 9:54pm On Nov 23, 2017
Throwback:
If he has not been found legally liable, then his dismissal should have been rightly contested. If someone has been found not guilty by a court, whatever dismissal or suspension should automatically retire.

If he was found legally liable, what was he doing free to even be contesting his dismissal when he should be on death row or languishing in jail?

Again journalists need to abide by their ethics when reporting stories with sensational headlines.

DAFT!

THE COURT CASE CONFIRMED HE GAVE THE ORDERS TO THE POLICE MEN TO OPEN FIRE ON THEIR VICTIMS.

THEY DID NOT JAIL HIM DUE TO CONNECTIONS BUT RATHER BLAMED THE POLICE MEN THAT OBEYED THE ORDERS FOR FOLLOWING ORDERS OF THEIR SUPERIOR.

11 Likes

Re: Apo Six: Nigeria Police Reinstates Officer Who Killed Igbo Traders by Richy4(m): 9:56pm On Nov 23, 2017
Some times I just ask myself how some people sleep at night...

5 Likes

Re: Apo Six: Nigeria Police Reinstates Officer Who Killed Igbo Traders by ehissi(m): 9:56pm On Nov 23, 2017
President Buhari has come to reinstate corruption............ angry

**SingingItLike** Its a normal Buhari something, its a normal Buhari something, its a normal Buhari something.......... undecided

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apo Six: Nigeria Police Reinstates Officer Who Killed Igbo Traders by Throwback: 9:57pm On Nov 23, 2017
ewebiodun:

Please can u expantiate on this. The only part I understand is that he successfully contested his dismissal.
1. What judicial remedy did he seek
2. What court sanctioned this
3. Is the original case of the Apo 6 already concluded
Pls if u can help with these. I am not the type that gets sentimental over issues I have no knowledge

The news report already mentioned that some of those accused officers were found guilty, while this particular Deputy Commissioner and others were acquitted.

What right does the police have to deny him his job after the case against him had been concluded?

Or must an accused always be found guilty?

The title of the news is typical of our disgraceful journalism.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Apo Six: Nigeria Police Reinstates Officer Who Killed Igbo Traders by rusher14: 9:59pm On Nov 23, 2017
legitnow:

DAFT!

THE COURT CASE CONFIRMED HE GAVE THE ORDERS TO THE POLICE MEN TO OPEN FIRE ON THEIR VICTIMS.

THEY DID NOT JAIL HIM DUE TO CONNECTIONS BUT RATHER BLAMED THE POLICE MEN THAT OBEYED THE ORDERS FOR FOLLOWING ORDERS OF THEIR SUPERIOR.

What is daft?

The write-up though sketchy suggests there was a successful appeal against wrongful dismissal.
Are you expecting disobedience of an order?
Re: Apo Six: Nigeria Police Reinstates Officer Who Killed Igbo Traders by Throwback: 10:00pm On Nov 23, 2017
legitnow:

DAFT!

Anyone can allege anything. The fact is what has been proven.

Whatever you say remains allegation, while this officer has shown that by his case dismissal, that he has no case to answer.

You cannot deny him his job when he no longer has a case to answer.

You are too emotional to be sane enough for rational thought.

You claim the court case claimed bla bla bla. Is witness testimony same as court judgement? If testimony by prosecution witnesses is the proof of guilt, why does the defence team always cross examine same witnesses and also present their own defense witnesses?

The news headline is a disgrace to journalism.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apo Six: Nigeria Police Reinstates Officer Who Killed Igbo Traders by franklingud(m): 10:01pm On Nov 23, 2017
I said it...

Zoo Republic at it again.

5 Likes

Re: Apo Six: Nigeria Police Reinstates Officer Who Killed Igbo Traders by Nobody: 10:01pm On Nov 23, 2017
am sure PMB know about dis,

2 Likes

Re: Apo Six: Nigeria Police Reinstates Officer Who Killed Igbo Traders by Nobody: 10:01pm On Nov 23, 2017
Asidethetruth:
Igbos has suffered under this country

U killed someone and u are reinstated........

Just because he killed an igbo......

God dey watch
ZEUS and HADES know how to punish them, especially in the NORTHEASTERN region.
For every soul of southerners taken, theirs will be in manifolds.

6 Likes

Re: Apo Six: Nigeria Police Reinstates Officer Who Killed Igbo Traders by project8(m): 10:01pm On Nov 23, 2017
TANTUMERGO007:
cry useless country cry
VERY useless country

3 Likes

Re: Apo Six: Nigeria Police Reinstates Officer Who Killed Igbo Traders by Paulosky1900: 10:05pm On Nov 23, 2017
IPOB HAS BEEN DEFEATED THATS WHY THEY ARE REINSTATED....WHEN U LOSE A FIGHT U WILL F*UCKING bend TO THE RULE OF THE WINNER..but wait o where is THAT NNAMDI KANU LET HIM COME AND TALK NOW OO.
Re: Apo Six: Nigeria Police Reinstates Officer Who Killed Igbo Traders by yanshDoctor: 10:11pm On Nov 23, 2017
can you imagine. he ordered the killing after the female rejected his advance.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apo Six: Nigeria Police Reinstates Officer Who Killed Igbo Traders by emmalexabl(m): 10:11pm On Nov 23, 2017
Is it not zoo republic again....??

Anything is obtainable in the banana zoo republic. ..

3 Likes

Re: Apo Six: Nigeria Police Reinstates Officer Who Killed Igbo Traders by hakimi1974(m): 10:14pm On Nov 23, 2017
all the police men mentioned are officers. some thing is deffinitely not adding up. what are they trying to cover up by killing their victims. this is terrible.

3 Likes

Re: Apo Six: Nigeria Police Reinstates Officer Who Killed Igbo Traders by tylesh(f): 10:16pm On Nov 23, 2017
There's problem in this country

7 Likes

Re: Apo Six: Nigeria Police Reinstates Officer Who Killed Igbo Traders by ruffDiamond: 10:16pm On Nov 23, 2017
hahahahah jungleria ...even maina
the pension robber was reinstated... haha shekau will soon be made a minister..just wait

Nigeria is a failed state and not fit for normal and sane people to explore let alone inhabit..too bad if. true..I still remember walking past the melt candles strewn sidewalk on gimbiya street one early morning, going to see a client... hmmm

3 Likes

Re: Apo Six: Nigeria Police Reinstates Officer Who Killed Igbo Traders by obailala(m): 10:17pm On Nov 23, 2017
HiddenShadow:
This is why I laugh at anti Biafran Igbos.

Biafra remains the only solution.
Not everything must be about tribe, not everything must be viewed from the tribal perspective. I doubt many people are capable of that though...
Re: Apo Six: Nigeria Police Reinstates Officer Who Killed Igbo Traders by konoplyanka: 10:20pm On Nov 23, 2017
Too many emotional sissies on this thread. They are blind to the names of igbo officers reinstated but are whining about just one aboki. Only God knows what actually transpired on the night they were killed. But the fact is they were not killed because they were ignore because there are more igbo officers among them. Making it an ethnic issue and blaming buhari as if buhari is part of the Senate that reinstated them is just too silly.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apo Six: Nigeria Police Reinstates Officer Who Killed Igbo Traders by eyinjuege: 10:21pm On Nov 23, 2017
The officers found guilty of the crime were sentenced to death. That much i can remember.
When this man wasn't found guilty by the courts did anyone say anything? Maybe he truly wasn't guilty. What did you expect after he was found not guilty?
Apo killings were during obasanjos time if i remember, and judgement was passed during Jonathan's time if I'm not mistaken. ( I may be wrong, but i know it wasn't during this present regime)
So why the noise now when he's being reinstated? If at all anyone wants to claim any magomago, it should have been done at judgement years ago.

2 Likes

Re: Apo Six: Nigeria Police Reinstates Officer Who Killed Igbo Traders by edupedia: 10:28pm On Nov 23, 2017
Throwback:

...did u notice there were 4 other police officers of Igbo extraction accused as part of those who killed the traders?...now the Igbos here are focusing on Danjuma and leaving out the following police officers....Bethram C Onuoha, Okwuonu Allwell, Nonyerem Ejike Akubuike, Onuorah Emmanuel....keep deceiving yourselves...

3 Likes

Re: Apo Six: Nigeria Police Reinstates Officer Who Killed Igbo Traders by chronique(m): 10:29pm On Nov 23, 2017
i don't pray to ever experience such but God forbid it happens,na to track the bastard and snuff life out of the idiot. if people understand that when you kill innocent people and throw the families into mourning, that you would get served in such way also,they'd apply caution when killing people. by the time the families of the dead,mark them,track them and kill them,then some of these killer cops would sit up.
Re: Apo Six: Nigeria Police Reinstates Officer Who Killed Igbo Traders by obailala(m): 10:32pm On Nov 23, 2017
SalamRushdie:
This will not be allowed I swear .. What is Buhari turning thos country to ? After all the gory details of that case which was clearly one of pre meditated murder spurn by the ego of this very useless police officer.. every well meaning Nigerian must take to social media and protest this nonsense , Nigeria cannot be a home to injustice like Buhari want NEVER !!!!!
What tha hell does this even have to do with the Buhari that you keep blaming?... Are you just obsessed with bubari buhari buhari?.. And must everyrhing wrong with this country be politicised?

2 Likes

Re: Apo Six: Nigeria Police Reinstates Officer Who Killed Igbo Traders by GoodGovernance: 10:36pm On Nov 23, 2017
Junk journalism.

The fact of the case:

The directive for the officer’s reinstatement was contained in a Police wireless message (DTO 1718000/11/2017) addressed to the Police Service Commission. According to the wireless message, obtained by SaharaReporters claims the reinstatement of the officer Danjuma and other police officers included in the message following their successful "appeal of their dismissal from the Force". The officers are Danjuma Ibrahim, a Deputy Commissioner of Police; Fausat Azeez Oduwole, an Assistant Commissioner of Police; Bethram C Onuoha, Chief Superintendent, Okwuonu Allwell, a Chief Superintendent; Nonyerem Ejike Akubuike; a Deputy Superintendent of Police; Barakiya Yusuf and Onuorah Emmanuel, both Assistant Superintendents of Police. However, Oseni Tajudeen, whose appeal was rejected, had his dismissal upheld.

1 Like

Re: Apo Six: Nigeria Police Reinstates Officer Who Killed Igbo Traders by Throwback: 10:37pm On Nov 23, 2017
edupedia:

...did u notice there were 4 other police officers of Igbo extraction accused as part of those who killed the traders?...now the Igbos here are focusing on Danjuma and leaving out the following police officers....Bethram C Onuoha, Okwuonu Allwell, Nonyerem Ejike Akubuike, Onuorah Emmanuel....keep deceiving yourselves...

I've long given up on the emotional Igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Apo Six: Nigeria Police Reinstates Officer Who Killed Igbo Traders by mrzenith1: 10:40pm On Nov 23, 2017
But most of the names there are Igbos, I mean the policemen that were with Dajuma that day, does it mean they connived and murdered their own brothers?

2 Likes

Re: Apo Six: Nigeria Police Reinstates Officer Who Killed Igbo Traders by Throwback: 10:40pm On Nov 23, 2017
SalamRushdie:
This will not be allowed I swear .. What is Buhari turning thos country to ? After all the gory details of that case which was clearly one of pre meditated murder spurn by the ego of this very useless police officer.. every well meaning Nigerian must take to social media and protest this nonsense , Nigeria cannot be a home to injustice like Buhari want NEVER !!!!!

You are more ignorant than the often maligned almajiri.

Did you read the story at all, or must an accused remain guilty even when already acquitted by the court?

2 Likes

Re: Apo Six: Nigeria Police Reinstates Officer Who Killed Igbo Traders by mrzenith1: 10:43pm On Nov 23, 2017
Commissioner of Police; Bethram C Onuoha, Chief Superintendent, Okwuonu Allwell, a Chief Superintendent; Nonyerem Ejike Akubuike; a Deputy Superintendent of Police; Barakiya Yusuf and Onuorah Emmanuel, both Assistant Superintendents of Police

All these names are igbo names

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

IPOB Members Storm White House Ahead Of Buhari’s Visit To President Trump / Army Reacts To Attack On Zulum Convoy / Why The North Cannot Allow Breakup Of Nigeria - Garba Adamu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.