Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,924 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:16 PM

The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh (225429 Views)

Chronicles Of A Pastor That Ordained Himself / Chronicles Of Tracy / The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by badohemmy(m): 7:35pm On Mar 09, 2018
URep:
this episode make brain. fire down please.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by Damidave1124(m): 8:27pm On Mar 10, 2018
badohemmy:
I'm sorry. Just that I work like everyone else, my schedule sometimes gets messed up. Please bear with me. I will try updating minimum once or twice a week. But e no easy o

Keep to your words, still following you bumper to bumper
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by HDoc(m): 7:58pm On Mar 12, 2018
I like wat I've read so far and I'd 4 it to continue.
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by badohemmy(m): 8:01pm On Mar 12, 2018
This chapter is specifically and specially dedicated to Ekle & Uniquejames. Please remember that violence begets violence. ONE LOVE FAMZ.

Chapter 32

The Retaliation I

Crickets chirped, while the sound of the croaking frog could be heard from all over Anwai campus. The rainy season had stepped up it's game so the night was windy too.
Badoh found it difficult to sleep, not because of the beautiful she-male by his side, but because of the truckload of trouble he was yet to offload. He clearly heard the sound of Mezie's gang earlier that night and knew they were out for blood. He wasn't sure if handling the situation himself was the right choice. He wondered when Baroni would return, he was one he could count on.
He brought out his public opinion textbook and revised, he read from the first chapter and tried to digest everything written in it including the dedication, and reference. Pastor Ojo was the kind of lecturer whose greatest strength wasn't teaching, he would stand in front of the class and bore every student to sleep. Even when you sleep he still wouldn't let you be as he took pleasure in walking students out as well as taking impromptu test and attendance. Pastor Ojo was in the process of finishing up his doctorate degree in Awka (Nnamdi Azikiwe University) and would set test or classes anytime that suits him, including early morning and even on Sundays.
Badoh knew he had to study since he has failed to do that since resumption. He studied till 5am before Lydia joined him. Before 6.30am they had taken their bath and left the house since the rest starts by 7.oo a.m.
At about 7.05am, Ken who was outside with a few other lodgemates - including Efe and Mouth - told his friends that he was coming.
"Where you dey go?" Efe had asked him, but he brushed it off and said he would be back soon.
Mouth (Akin) alongside Efe and 4 other students stood by the corridor talking about the attack which had occurred the previous night with Efe reiterating his desire to leave the lodge that day till further notice. Akin in his usual superior self lambasted him as well as making fun of him. He did not fail to mention how it was important to Norse up to avoid any such harassment.
It was barely three minutes since Ken left when sound of bikes were heard outside. It was obvious that the bikes were up to 4 or more and people could be heard running, with girls screaming like it was the end of the world. It soon dawned on the little gathering of friends and neighbors that it was the return of unwanted visitors and in a twinkle of an eye they dispersed with different people running to different directions.
Akin ran towards the stairs in lightening speed as he aimed to take off through the back door. A confused Efe followed him as fast as he could. Unfortunately for Mouth he ran into the waiting arm of one of Mezie's senior friends, Aspira. His arm struck him perfectly on the neck which sent him straight to the ground as he struggled to breath.
Efe slowed down immediately he saw his friend spiraling on the floor. He tried to run but froze when he saw about 3 boys obstructing his way.
"If you move, your father!" Aspira shouted.
"Damn" Efe caused his luck. He concluded that"I don die well,".
"Oya move it," another said. Efe and Akin were dragged back inside and made to lie on the ground. Two other boys went straight to Badoh's room but found it locked. The lodge had suddenly turned into a graveyard as every other student around had run inside and locked their doors.
"Where that idiot wey call himself Badoh?" One of them asked sending a thumping slap to Efe's face.
"I no know o, I never see am this morning," he said crying like a baby denied of breast milk.
"Shut up, bascard. Una go suffer until una produce that Jew wey de form Van Dam," he said.
Aspira knew they could not stay in the lodge for too long, so he ordered that the three students caught be given machete drill (machete drill is when a Cutlass is used in place of a Cain, that is the flat end of the Cutlass will be used to flog them, it's an extremely painful process that will not cut them). At this point, Akin began to cry.

Chapter 33

The Retaliation II

2 Likes

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by brandon180(m): 8:52pm On Mar 12, 2018
Ghen ghen
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by Damibiz(m): 12:39am On Mar 13, 2018
Badooo is ur guy birthday oh,Damibizdeking himself.....wish me well na

1 Like

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by adontcare(f): 10:29am On Mar 13, 2018
Hmmm! Very interesting. Nice one badoemmy

1 Like

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by badohemmy(m): 9:29pm On Mar 13, 2018
adontcare:
Hmmm! Very interesting. Nice one badoemmy
Than you ma'am.
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by badohemmy(m): 9:38pm On Mar 13, 2018
Time might be short, But I will always have time for family.
You are my family here on Nairaland and I wish I can emphasize how important you are to me. All I can say is you strengthen me and this chapter is specially dedicated to you on this very important day of your birth anniversary.
Happy Birthday Damibiz, may your every dream come true.
One love man.

Please pardon any mistakes because I didn't have time to proofread, had to rush it up for my homeboy, Damibiz. Please guys, let's wish him a happy birthday.

Enjoy.

Chapter 33

The Retaliation II

Screams could be heard from the lodge as few students paid in full for sins that weren't even that of their fathers.

"E remain that one," one of the assailant said pointing towards Efe.

"Ah," Efe cried as the force of each machete whip fell on his back.

A loud sound that sounded like a gunshot could be heard startling Aspira and his group of thugs. It was followed by a voice which yelled, "Baroni don return o,". This led to the gang running towards the door as they left the building in a hurry. Without waisting any time, they boarded the bikes they came with and zoomed off.

Efe stopped crying because he knew his punishment was fun when being compared to that of Akin and the other students who rushed towards their rooms and locked the door behind them. He knew that the voice that shouted that Baroni was back belonged to Ken, and wondered if the prior sound was a gunshot.

Ken stepped out of his hiding place and rushed towards Akin who was visibly shaken by the unexpected torture he received. He held him and helped him up as Mouth cried uncontrollably. Gradually other students began to step out of their rooms. They could tell that the assailants had left. Those who came downstairs suggested that they took them to the chemist close to the lodge for medication although there was no injury on them, but the pain and experience still hurt like hell.

Later that afternoon, when Badoh returned from school, he had come through the back small gate. He already received a call detailing the events that took place in his absent that morning. He knew that the danger he faced had just doubled. "If they had the gods to give machete drill to innocent people one could only imagine what they would do to me!" He thought. He was so much aware of his environment that he would suspect everyone who walked by him, even the over speeding bike wasn't exempted from suspicion. It was his concern for his safety that made him pass the back gate where he was surprised to meet the caretaker.

"Bros, good afternoon." He greeted.

Baroni sat on a wooden bench along with the carpenter smoking MaryJuana. His anger was visible to even the blind man. He signalled Badoh asking him to sit down. The caretaker stretched his hand offering him the half smoked MJ but Badoh politely turned it down claiming he has had nothing to eat since morning.

"That yesterday Jew don march water water shit." Baroni said finally after a short moment of silence. He continued, "the one wey pain me be say he carry the shit enter my house."

"No vex boss. I no say na me cause am." Badoh said.

"Wetin you cause? Una fight, you beat am. Na shame suppose dey catch am. But he no get shame, obviously," the carpenter chipped in.

"When I put law say no fighting or confra things for here I know why. But pikin wey they bam yesterday come they break my rules. Make he no worry, I go clear he doubt." Baroni fumed.

"Bros, the truth be say that boy no reach who you go dey get mattaz with. No let am drag your leg out." Badoh tried to convince the caretaker.

Baroni knew that he was right. He already had all he needed to know about Mezie. He was a 200 level student who was barely a year into the game. He's never been in a war before, he was still like a bleeping Jew in the game yet he was crossing the line on a war veteran who survived World War Z. Even if he did not hurt him, he was going to make sure he showed him strong thing.

As the caretaker sat thinking about how best to hurt Mezie without actually hurting him, out of nowhere Mezie burst into his presence along with three other boys obviously paranoid.
"Oga caretaker, I hear say na you padlock my room door?" Mezie asked in a tone that said "do wetin you want do."

The quiet caretaker totally ignored him, something that took almost all his strength. He took a drag from his claro and blew the smoke away. Its believed that the claro is the sweetest part of the weed and it was always precious to MJ smokers, Baroni was no exception.

The caretaker's attitude infuriated Mezie's friend as he stepped forward waving his hand in front of his face, "No be you my guy dey talk to?" He asked Baroni.

"If you no wan lose your hand you better park am well." Baroni said without looking up. Badoh knew that this was exactly what Fela Kuti foresaw when he sang "trouble sleep nyanga dey wake am".

7 Likes

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by hatchetman(m): 10:41pm On Mar 13, 2018
o my GOD WICH KIND SUSPENSE B DIS NA

2 Likes

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by Damibiz(m): 10:47pm On Mar 13, 2018
See love...a whole chapter dedicated to me...Jesus..thankz man,i appreciate..mean why,those guys are playing with the lionz tail bt them no knw

1 Like

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by Nobody: 12:12am On Mar 14, 2018
Bros na beg I day beg you... Comman update....

The suspense is too much

1 Like

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by Uniquejames(m): 7:00am On Mar 14, 2018
thanks for the dedication badoh...
getting more interesting by the update, keep it rolling!

1 Like

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by iceberlin(m): 11:20pm On Mar 14, 2018
Badoh abeg u be Awka guy? abi you don live for Awka b4?

1 Like

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by badohemmy(m): 6:40am On Mar 16, 2018
iceberlin:
Badoh abeg u be Awka guy? abi you don live for Awka b4?

No boss. I'm a Delta guy. But Awka is a stone throw.

1 Like

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by badohemmy(m): 6:41am On Mar 16, 2018
Uniquejames:
thanks for the dedication badoh...
getting more interesting by the update, keep it rolling!
Welcome boss. Anytime.
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by URep: 6:39am On Mar 17, 2018
keep the flame burning. Good job.
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by adontcare(f): 8:02am On Mar 17, 2018
Chei! See senior trouble o. This Na true talk set trouble trouble those who trouble trouble
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by badohemmy(m): 8:45pm On Mar 18, 2018
URep:
keep the flame burning. Good job.
Thanks
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by tomgab(m): 9:41pm On Mar 18, 2018
Badoh, love your work, keep it up
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by badohemmy(m): 7:26pm On Mar 19, 2018
tomgab:
Badoh, love your work, keep it up
Thank you. God bless you
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by Sensitivity1254: 9:00pm On Mar 19, 2018
badohemmy:

No boss. I'm a Delta guy. But Awka is a stone throw.

Awka is not a stone thrown from Delta but onitsha is.
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by badohemmy(m): 10:01pm On Mar 19, 2018
Sensitivity1254:

Awka is not a stone thrown from Delta but onitsha is.
Awka is about an hour (if not less) from Asaba. True or Yes?
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by Cadec007(m): 11:36pm On Mar 19, 2018
badohemmy:
lol
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by Sensitivity1254: 8:38pm On Mar 20, 2018
badohemmy:

No sir.

And an hour trip is not a stone thrown.
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by Gody05(m): 12:13am On Mar 21, 2018
Bravo writer on your excellent material. it seems u keep improving after each episode, u still ve along way to go but certainly u will get there. Best of luck sir
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by badohemmy(m): 6:02am On Mar 21, 2018
sirevee:
Bros na beg I day beg you... Comman update....

The suspense is too much
Update will drop soon boss. Still cooking.

1 Like

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by badohemmy(m): 6:03am On Mar 21, 2018
Gody05:
Bravo writer on your excellent material. it seems u keep improving after each episode, u still ve along way to go but certainly u will get there. Best of luck sir
That's the intention. I hope to be better. Thanks for your kind words...

1 Like

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by d4real890(m): 11:23pm On Mar 22, 2018
@badohemmy you're really doing a great job,keep up the good work the lord is your strength..........I really really love your update waiting patiently for more
Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by badohemmy(m): 7:12am On Mar 23, 2018
This one is to Favch - I hope you are okay!

Chapter 34

The Confrontation

John - AKA Joneral - was fast becoming the next notorious cultist in school, he was rash and quick to act, if only he knew he would literarily lose his hand maybe he would have kept them by his side. But he didn't. He had to listen to the stubborn demon whispering in his ears.
- C R A C K -
That was the sound Badoh heard, the others heard it too because Mezie's friend reacted both in surprise and anger. John had intended to dare Baroni, so he went ahead to wave his hand in Baroni's face and he had caught his hand and twisted it swiftly to his back. The crack sound was followed by a chilling scream. Joneral was in pain and could not help himselfas he cried freely like a baby, the pain of a broken arm is excruciating.
Baroni stood up, all the veins in his body looked like they were outside his skin. Fear gripped Mezie as he took a step back. One of the other two helped Joneral, while the other who looked more angry than fearless pulled out a cutlass (buried underneath his trouser) from his belt and charged at Baroni. As he lifted it up, the caretaker pulled a gun out of his waist and pointed it at him. The pointman froze. On seeing a gun, he raised both hands up. Baroni signalled with the gun as he slowly dropped the machete.
The carpenter picked up the cutlass while every other person there raised their hands, safe for Badoh and the carpenter. Baroni moved the gun closer to the pointman's head while he slowly moved back. He followed him till his back hit the uncemented fence. He put the gun on his forehead, then slowly moved it the side of his head, slightly above his ear.
"You get morale bring out cutlass for my yard?" Baroni asked the pointman. He knew he had him where he wanted his enemy. He would make him understand why the name BARONI brings fear to cultist.
"Bros abeg, I beg you, abeg," that was all the pointman could say as his head tilts away from the gun.
Baroni was pure old school. Spilling of blood was necessary to send a message. He used the head of the gun on the pointman's nose as blood ran out.
"Bros abeg, ah abeg, I still young." The pointman said.
"Sharrap! Come on put your hand for your mouth. Abi you dey craze?" Baroni asked him. He could not talk, he held his mouth with his bloodied palms shaking his head vigorously to the question.
"Your brain go fit chop my groundnut? Abi you no ask questions first?" Baroni continued. While this was going on, the carpenter who was with the cutlass rounded up the rest of the gang.
"First of all, go down low, Badoh, go inside, I no want make you dey here when e happen." Baroni told Badoh while holding the gun at the pointman and others.
Badoh took about 2 or more steps before realizing that his walking out of here is not synonymous to walking out of the trouble that will come after. He halt his movement and turned towards Baroni.
"Abeg let them go. Bros I de beg." Badoh said to Baroni. He did not know what to expect from the raging caretaker.
"My guy, this matter na personal matter, na about respect," Baroni replied Badoh. Letting these disrespectful children go was a sacrilege in his commandments.
"Boss, previous gbege dey ground wey need settle. So even if I absent myself I go still be suspect and target, I no want anymore target for my back. Naim make me dey beg you." Badoh pleaded with Baroni. But he wasn't buying what he was selling.
"They need learn respect. Even for your enemy, respect is important." Baroni roared kicking at Mezie. He was genuinely angry that Mezie disrespected him, he's dealed with worse students over the years, but Mezie's gang was nothing close to formidable. Occasionally one or two students in the lodge would decide to bend his laws, like staying out later than 9.00pm, he usually turned a blind eye to that, especially on Tuesdays and Wednesdays when many would go out to watch the UEFA Champions League, or Big Brother Africa.
"I understand say you need teach them respect, bros, look them na, them don learn," he urged the caretaker.
"Yes sir. We don learn am," the captives chorused. They kept pleading with Baroni, and at intervals they would plead with Badoh. But Mezie did not plead with Badoh, he still had uncooked beef against him.
He pulled away his gun from them and inserted it in his belt.
"See wetin go happen," Baroni spoke to Mezie this time. He continued, "You break the rule of no fighting for my lodge. The penalty na N5,000. Two. You break the rules of no cult activity inside my lodge. This one too na N5,000 cash. If you no pay N10,000 fine, you no go enter your room. If you break the door, I go find you anywhere you hide then I go break you. If you get any problem with anybody for this lodge as from today, you get problem with me. If you wanto craze, craze am go far from here, you understand?" Baroni asked Mezie drawing his ear as he spoke.
"Yes sir," Mezie answered.
"Oya make una disappear," Baroni barked. They stood up and ran out of the compound, including Joneral who limped out with his broken hand. "You just safe somebody now now," Baroni said to Badoh as he took his sit alongside the carpenter who did not return the cutlass to Mezie's friend.
"Yes, that's because my beef still dey fire, e never done," Badoh responded.
"Nothing mega, them no reach handle na," the carpenter chipped in.
"I no want more problem so I'll go see them today or tomorrow," Badoh said.
"That's not a good idea my guy," Baroni warned as he lit another stick of MJ. But Badoh was adamant, he needed his life back fast, so he had to settle this problem before it escalates.

Chapter 35

The Visitation

5 Likes

Re: The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh by badohemmy(m): 7:13am On Mar 23, 2018
d4real890:
@badohemmy you're really doing a great job,keep up the good work the lord is your strength..........I really really love your update waiting patiently for more
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
Update is here.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (28) (Reply)

Almost Perfect#nlwriters / The Thomas....(a Family) / Short, Witty Quotes!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.